Her Angel on Earth

Story Info
The inner reflection of a once abused woman about her savior.
914 words
4.61
9.3k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Suddenly, a song starts playing. The old feelings become new again, the past comes crashing in with a renewed clarity.

Scared, so scared. Not sure what is going to happen afraid to even speculate. When the day is over, what will the results of the rage be? What will be left of the shell of a person in the corner? Thunk, thunk, thunk, his steps as he draws closer, ever closer, with that look in his eyes, are amplified by her fear. Will this be the day he goes over the edge? Will it be tomorrow? When will it end? Who will survive the final confrontation? Who will want her, broken and afraid, when he is done? Will anyone ever want her again? She deserves no better then him. Nothing can be done right. His anger is all she can see, as she peers through a black eye, afraid to even breathe the wrong way. The blows begin to rain in. His rage goes on. She begs and pleads with him to stop, she says she loves him, and, in a way, she believes she does. When will he stop tonight, what can she say to make him stop? To make him believe she loves him? When will she get the courage to leave? Will it be too late when she does get the courage? Will he perceive that new found strength in her and decide to end her then and there?

In the background, she hears a sweet lullaby, she is lulled into sleep. It is not the song that makes her sleep, though, it is the almost unbearable pain, both physical and mental, and that actually causes her to black out. When will she awaken? Will she awaken? When she does, if she does, will he still be there? Will he still be in a rage? Will he hold her pass out against her?

Fear. She can taste it as sure as she can taste the blood from her split lip. Pain and anguish wash over her in the black depths of unconsciousness. Suddenly, she is calm. He cannot hurt her in this dark place. She cannot feel the blows she knows he is still inflicting. All she feels are the loving arms of the spirits surrounding her, lending her their strength, comforting her, giving her peace while in the midst of all the violence.

She knows she will go on, that this will not be the day he finishes her off, that this will not be the day she goes to her eternal slumber. She knows what she must do. She must end this all, she must leave and get away. But he will come looking for her; he will try to disrupt any semblance of normalcy she can make for herself.

Suddenly she is back in the present. The loving arms are again around her, this time, though, they are not those of an angel, but those of the One she loves, One deserving of her love, her Protector, the One who took her in, broken and battered, and showed her it is ok to love again and trust again. He has become her Angel on earth and has shown her she deserves everything she has and more. He loves her and shows her every day, He cherishes her and holds her up on a pedestal.

She feels the arms of her Angel on earth enfold around her. Her Angel saved her, from the feelings of worthlessness. Her Angel made her feel whole again.

Before her Angel came along, she was just a shell of a girl, the discarded little thing in the corner, alone and scared, but full of more courage then she will ever realize, the courage it took to leave, without looking back.

She was afraid to be herself, afraid of the pain, the hatred, coming back again. She saw his face on every street corner, every city, and every house she entered. She was afraid of the hurt. The pain inflicted by a man. Because of the rages, she was afraid to be herself, but her Angel on earth cured her of that fear. Her Angel allowed her to be herself, and under her Angel's patience, love and trust, she flourished. She grew to be more then the former husk of a girl she was before.

Even though he still haunts her nightmares from time to time, it is less and less, the memories of the pain dulling over time, the hurt from his words lessening over time. He no longer has control over her mind. Her Angel has broken his control over her.

Her Angel has taught her to love again, to trust, and to feel whole. She did not think she was deserving of love, trust and compassion, but her Angel showed her she was. What he beat out of her, her Angel replaced. What he did to her with his degrading remarks, her Angel reversed. Her Angel helped replace her self confidence, helped her become the woman she is today.

Her Angel is still helping her, holding her up, showing her off. What one man destroyed and stole, her Angel, another Man, has repaired and replaced. Her Angel has saved her, when she thought all hope was lost, her Angel rescued her, and she will be forever grateful to her Angel for the gifts bestowed upon her by His hand.

I was that girl, and You, My Love, are my Angel on Earth.