Her Fairy-Tale Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Maggie watched him walk away. When she had been in pain and bleeding on the floor of the florist shop all she had thought of was him and that she would be late for their dinner plans. When she'd gotten to the hospital, and they'd asked her about next of kin as she was raced towards the operating theatre, all she could think of was him. When she opened her eyes and saw him sitting there, holding her hand and looking worried, her heart had sung with fluttering beats. She knew he could never love her in the same way, and the marriage based on friendship that he had offered her now frightened her even more. He had steadfastly refused to cancel it or delay it at all, and she had resigned herself to the fact and tried her hardest not to fall in love with being part of his amazing family, as well as him.

*****

Dressed in a simple toga style dress with a strapless bra that left her left shoulder and arm unencumbered, Maggie left the hospital, holding Kaeden's hand amid a small group of reporters and photographers. She had been grateful for the extra time Claire had taken to help with her hair and applying a little makeup. Not having the full use of one of her arms was going to be a challenge. When she climbed into the car, after letting Kaeden handle the press, she laughed as Ravi turned to look at her from the driver's seat with a large smile.

"It's good to see you again, Miss Harris," he greeted her.

"It's wonderful to see you too, Ravi. I hope he's not still making you drive around all night on scavenger hunts," she laughed.

"That was a fun night," he laughed with her. "Kaeden's a good friend. I'd do that every night if he asked me." Kaeden slipped into the other side of the car, and Ravi drove away from the hospital entrance and the cameras that were pointed at them.

"You must be Selena," Kaeden said, making Maggie blink as she realised a young woman sat in the front of the car with Ravi.

"Yes, hello," she said, craning to turn in her seat and look at both Maggie and Kaeden. "Thank you for letting Ravi bring me along for the ride."

"My pleasure, Ravi tells me you were in the same group home as he was," Kaeden inquired.

"Yeah, and Ravi is letting me stay with him until I get a better job, but everyone wants experience, and to get the experience I need a job. It's pretty frustrating," she said.

"What is it you do? I will probably need some help when I am finally allowed to go home to my farm, my arm's going to take a little while to heal properly I am told," Maggie said conversationally, glad for once that the spotlight wasn't on her.

"I've never even seen a farm," Selena looked at Maggie and smiled. "I did a work and study pathway in senior at school. I did small business and cosmetology, you know, hair and makeup and stuff. It must be nice to have your own farm, though. Do you have lots of animals?"

"It's not that sort of farm," Maggie laughed. "I have lots of flowers instead of animals."

"That sound even better, it must be so pretty there," Selena said enthusiastically.

"When I'm healed and back at home, Ravi can bring you for a visit one day," Maggie invited.

"Seriously? That would be awesome! My friends are going to be so jealous that I met Cinderella and that you invited me to your house!" Selena practically squealed in delight.

"Trust me, Selena, I'm no Cinderella," Maggie shook her head as Ravi pulled up in front of a luxurious looking hotel. "You live here?" Maggie turned to Kaeden in wonder.

"I do," he said, getting out of the car and walking around to her side as Maggie farewelled Ravi and Selena and a concierge came to get her bag. Kaeden helped her from the car, and the staff greeted him as a friend when they walked inside, and she was introduced to the concierge, Paul.

"Everything is just as you asked," Paul nodded. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Harris."

"Not for long, she will be Mrs McConnell in a few days," Kaeden grinned and led her to the elevators. Inserting a key card from his wallet, they travelled up to the penthouse while Kaeden pulled her close and kissed her deeply. The elevator doors opened directly into the foyer of the penthouse, and she looked with wide-eyed wonder at the sheer opulence of the place, cringing at how comfortable he had seemed in her run down little farm house. She understood now why he had suggested they rebuild rather than renovate.

"I'll show you around later. First, there is something we have to do," Kaeden guided her through the penthouse apartment as she looked around in wonder and eventually found herself in his bedroom. He pulled her into his arms, and she surrendered to the deep, breathtaking, soul-crushing kiss that caused long awaited tingles to radiate from her tummy into every limb. She felt the urgency of his kiss ignite her need, which rose to match what she felt from him.

"Stay perfectly still," he murmured hotly, being conscious of her arm, "Let me do this," his voice was soft and silky as he kissed over her uninjured shoulder, dropping the material that held up her dress from it. His hands reached around to undo the zip and lowered it slowly so the dress began to fall, revealing the strapless bra and matching panties Claire had supplied for her. His hands followed the dresses path down over her hips, and he groaned softly.

"After finally getting into these, having to wait a week to see them again has been torture," he murmured as his hands slid over the soft fabric of her panties and dipped between her legs, teasing her. He ran his hands around her hips to her ass and pulled her against his groyne to show her just how tortured he was, and kissed her so passionately her legs grew weak at the knees. Unable to stay passive, she curled her good arm around his neck and twirled her fingers in his hair.

"For me too," she whispered, surprising him as he broke the kiss. "One of us has far too many clothes on," she whispered.

"I'm about to remedy that situation," he pulled his hands from her ass up her back and flicked open the clasp on her bra, pulling it carefully out from under her sling and away from her injured breast. He dropped gentle kisses over her injured shoulder and breast, and he cupped the other to stroke his thumb over the nipple. "If it hurts even a little tell me, we can find a way around this," he said meaningfully. "I want you, I need you, but I would never want to cause you unnecessary pain." She nodded, and he kissed her again with all the heat and passion she could see in his eyes.

"Very inefficient," she said breathlessly. "One of us still has far too many clothes on," she tugged at Kaeden's shirt uselessly with her free arm.

"Is, that, right?" he stepped back, looking at her as he pulled off his shirt and threw it to the side, dramatically wiggling his hips. "Bow chukka wow wow," he sang in a deep husky voice, making her laugh as he continued a comedic striptease for her. With his cock leading the way, he moved back to her and took her in his arms. "How's that for efficient," he grinned and kissed her.

"Satisfactory, I guess," she teased, as his hands drifted down her sides and hooked into the tops of her panties, lowering them as his mouth claimed hers again. He picked her up, then, carrying her to the bed and laying her down carefully. He considered her as she lay looking up at him expectantly, she was beautiful, even with the bandages and sling marring the perfect view of her body. With great care, he lay beside her and began tracing his hands over her flesh as he kissed her.

"I've wanted you here like his, in my bed, for the longest time," he nuzzled her neck and kissed down over her shoulder. "You are so fucking beautiful," he murmured into her hot skin.

Her body was quivering in pleasure as his mouth continued to travel over it, his hands gently kneading her breasts as his tongue teased and laved its way down her body. She squeaked and widened her legs as she felt him nip at her inner thighs. His first tongue swipe across the lips of her pussy made her body writhe in expectation and her legs widen further. She felt the lips of her pussy parting with her legs and his fingers pull them further apart; then his tongue tantalisingly fluttered over her clit and inner core.

Kaeden wrapped his hands around her hips and held her tightly to him as his tongue explored her wet pussy, her moans sounding out her pleasure. Maggie's thighs began to shake as he pushed a thick finger into her while flickering his tongue over her clit; she groaned in need for him and began to roll her hips. Her head spun from the delicious sensations he created as he pumped his fingers in and out of her and sucked on her clit until she howled out her orgasm.

Moving quickly, he lifted her legs high against his chest, raising her hips from the bed and thrust his steel hard cock into her, wanting to feel the last ripples of her orgasm around him. He leant down to kiss her open, gasping mouth, leaning to his left so as not to put any pressure on her injured arm or shoulder.

With his cock buried deeply inside her, he began a slow sensual pace, wanting to make the moments last for her. Letting her legs go to wrap around his hips, he leant in to kiss her deeply, sharing the same breath as their bodies moved together. He could feel her thighs begin to shake again as they gripped his hips, and his pace quickened, he broke their kiss to rise on his arms and begin to thrust into her harder, faster, deeper.

Maggie felt her body respond as he kept her tingling and on edge. She wrapped her legs tighter around his hips and reached up to stroke the hair at the nape of his neck as they moved together in unison, her hips rocking to meet his every thrust. She felt the sensations build rapidly until, once again, her legs began to shake and her body quivered in pleasure. She tried to hold back, but her head exploded as her orgasm gripped her, just as her inner muscles gripped his cock.

Kaeden was in heaven as he watched his angel's eyes explode in pleasure; the pressure on his cock milking his orgasm from him was too much to bear. He growled low in contrast to her howl, and he too came explosively. He collapsed to her side, trying not to hurt her as he held her close and kissed her again.

Neither of them spoke while their breathing slowly returning to normal. Kaeden's hands stroked over Maggie's body, petting her softly, happy that this amazing, stubborn, beautiful woman was finally in his bed where he felt more in control of their lives and their future.

"Would you like the tour of our city home now, or should we just enjoy being here together like this?" he rolled his head to look at her as he spoke.

"I'd at least like to know where the bathroom is," she laughed, sitting up awkwardly and looking around for something to cover herself with.

"You don't have to be shy with me. I know your body, I love your body, and there are only the two of us here," Kaeden ran his fingertips down her throat and over her chest. "I'd rather if you didn't get dressed at all, but, if you insist, I can help you. Claire brought over some clothes that will be easier for you to wear than your usual shirts and jeans." He stood and led her into a closet.

"This is mine?" she asked confused.

"Yes, but don't panic, you have jeans and boots and shirts. You also have a few dresses for when you're in the city, for date nights or family celebrations," he added tentatively.

"You did all this for me?" she turned to look at him, unsure of whether to be mad or thank him for being so thoughtful.

"To be honest, Claire did this for me. I wanted you to feel at home here, not like a visitor to my apartment, or a guest. Once we are married I am hoping we will spend some time here, even though we will live on the farm," he was guarded as he spoke, not sure of her reaction.

"It's very generous," she whispered, opening a drawer, hoping to find some underwear. "Claire has been very good to me through everything that happened since meeting you. I'm not so sure she knows my style very well, though," she lifted a skimpy G-string from the drawer. "Perhaps this was more for you than me as well," she turned to look at him, raising an eyebrow.

"I can't deny that I'd quite happily watch you walk around the apartment in that," he grinned.

"Bathroom?" Maggie asked, keeping hold of the G-string and taking a light silk robe from the hanger to drape over her shoulders.

"This way," he took her hand and led her from the closet to the bathroom off the main bedroom and left her to clean up.

Kaeden flopped back on the bed, pulling two pillows under his head and checked his phone. There were no updates from any of his brothers. He had thought Alecks would have tried to make a deal and implicate Elena, if not Ruslan in the attack on Maggie, but he had remained resolutely silent in the face of overwhelming evidence against him. Elena had hired a criminal lawyer to defend him, and had only gone to see him once, leaving her self-imposed exile to visit him in jail.

The young woman who had stabbed Maggie had given her daughter over to family services and told the police the whole story of why she had attacked a woman she didn't know before that day. Alecks had been a client before becoming her boyfriend. He'd put her up in a small flat, and she'd relied on welfare between his sporadic visits. When he did visit her, he was cruel and abused her mind and body for days at a time, keeping her supplied with drugs to keep her dependent on him and amenable to the violence he dished out to her. Alecks had threatened the life of her baby, though, when she refused his offer of money and a better life with him to kill his sister. She felt she had no choice but to attack the woman to save her baby from his cruel violence. As soon as she realised that he had abandoned her and the child after the stabbing, she went straight to the police and handed herself in, begging for protection and a decent home for the one good thing in her life, her daughter, before making her final confession.

"Do you need a hand?" he called coming out of his reverie, thinking she had been taking a while, he browsed the media surrounding the attack.

"You have no idea," she said softly from just behind him. "I knew it was going to be hard without being able to lift my arm yet, but I can't even do up a bra or put my hair up," she sighed.

"Leaving your hair and breasts unrestrained sounds pretty good to me," he chuckled standing up. "My turn, and then I'll show you around, if you like," he kissed her lightly, his hands gliding over the silk covering her breasts.

Maggie looked around the huge room and went to the large window to see the view. She could see the west side of the city with the river snaking south through the suburbs and disappearing into the foothills. She wondered if the other side of the penthouse afforded a view of the river winding its way out into the bay. It was a pretty city, with large parks and gardens along the river that ran through it.

"Nice view," Kaeden murmured, stepping up behind her and nuzzling into her neck. "Let me show you the rest of the apartment." He placed an arm around her waist and guided her through a full tour, ending in the kitchen where he offered her a drink.

"I don't cook much myself, but the kitchen is fully equipped if you want to make anything yourself," he said, going to the refrigerator and peering at the contents as if he had no clue what was in there.

"I expect you don't need to cook living here. I imagine the hotel has a restaurant, and there are quite a few others close by," she said without accusation. "You don't even know what's in your refrigerator, do you?" Maggie teased.

"Anne stocked it for me when we thought you might coming home for the weekend," he admitted. "I've been a bachelor for a long time. I had no idea what you'd like."

"You keep this place clean for a man who lives alone," she commented, looking around again.

"Housekeeping comes in twice a week, and I manage in between," he shrugged.

"Staying at the farm must be a nightmare for you, yet you're willing to live there?" she asked dubiously.

"I'm willing to live anywhere you are," he smiled his crooked smile and leant over the bench to kiss her. "You did mention you'd be open to some renovations, though," he reminded her softly.

"I am, but all of this," she spread her hands, "My little house could never compare, even with renovations."

"I don't need all of this," he came around the counter and put his arms around her. "Your house is cosy and reminds me of the house I grew up in. This is part of my job. I own this hotel and a few others like it," he said modestly. "I live here for convenience more than anything. It's great, don't misunderstand me, the views alone are worth the elevator ride at the end of each day, but I don't need this kind of luxury to be happy," he said sincerely. "I do, however, need you." He bent his head and smiled, grazing his lips over her forehead.

"When is your birthday again?" she asked, knowing exactly why he needed her.

"We're not postponing the wedding. We already talked about this," Kaeden grumbled. "You've already delayed our date night by a week, and if I let you start pushing the wedding back, it may never happen."

"That wasn't exactly my fault that I couldn't make our date," she laughed. "But speaking of date night, I can barely dress myself, let alone put on makeup. I'm not sure I'm ready for date night."

He considered her silently for a moment. He'd made big plans for tomorrow night, but she was right, her left arm had been rendered essentially useless for the time being. He would happily help her undress and shower every day, but he would struggle to help with anything beyond the basics. There was not only date night to consider, but the wedding itself, and while his sisters would be more than happy to be involved, they had a habit of getting carried away with things, which he knew instinctively that Maggie wouldn't like.

"Were you serious in the car?" he asked speculatively. "When you offered Selena a job on the farm?"

"Of course, I can only imagine how awful that must have been, too old for a foster home and having no family to care for them, and too young to be independent. A group home doesn't sound fun at all. I was lucky Bob and Lois took me in when Elena abandoned the farm and me."

Kaeden hadn't considered her motivation in offering the girl work, and his heart broke for the young girl Maggie had been, losing everyone who loved her, as well as the people who were supposed to love her.

"Okay, well, let's give her a four-day trial to see how you get along. She can stay here in the hotel, and when you need help getting ready for date night, or going back to the hospital, or if we have visitors, you know my family will probably stop by whether we like it or not, you can give her a call, and she will be close by. We can pay her a bonus for being on call, and she can enjoy the services the hotel has to offer when you don't need her," Kaeden suggested. "If things work out, she could help you the same way on the farm, and you could teach her a little about the flowers and greenhouses."

"I guess that makes sense. Selena said she did hair and makeup, and it would give her the experience she wants. It's not very glamorous, though, me calling her just to do up my bra or put on a shirt," Maggie seemed to consider what he was proposing.

"There's no harm in asking, because I'm not sure you'd like the alternatives," Kaeden grinned.

"What alternatives?" she asked curiously.

"I can help you with your hair and makeup, but you'd probably regret that, or I could call Claire and Lilly, which means Mum would come as well, because she's staying in town until after the wedding. They can get a little bit carried away sometimes," he admitted.

1...1213141516...19