Her Mistake

Story Info
Wife is bored with husband...crosses the line.
8.4k words
94.3k
81
36
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

What do you do when you darkest fantasy and worst fear are realized all at once? It's a sickness the way that something your secretly fear can become something you desperately crave. The worst part is that it blows you whole world to pieces when it finally happens.

We were up at a business getaway when things started down the slippery slope that lead to my eventual personal disaster. My wife of 10 years and I were going through one of those rough times where one of us was no longer sure that we loved the other. In this case it was my wife who was not sure that she really loved me any longer.

That's not really a fair description. My wife loved me as the father of her kids, her partner in marriage and a good guy who was trying to overcome the not so nice guy he had been earlier in our marriage. It was a tough situation and it was made worse by the fact that our sex life was awful.

I am your typical middle-aged white male. Seriously, I am slowly losing my hair, I carry a bit of a tire around my middle and I don't have the biggest dick in the world. It's not like I am small or anything, but it's less than 8 inches. Like I said, just your average guy.

Now my wife on the other hand was looking pretty good for her age and demographic. She was 5'4", 110 lbs, brown hair, blue eyes and slender. After two kids she looked like a million bucks to me, but was probably just a good looking woman to most anyone else. She didn't have huge breasts, but they fit her body shape and her great ass, shapely hips and toned legs were quite impressive.

Back to the story... I was finally out of the military and had moved to a decent job in the private sector. While I may be physically average, I am not dumb and putting my retirement together with a good salary had given us a comfortable lifestyle. We are not rich and we probably never will be, but getting the kids through college won't be difficult and we will be comfortable after that.

The business weekend was setup to bring different employees from all over the country together to allow us a chance to mingle. It was really just a perk for everyone and a way for the company to spend some money on a tax effective tool. It worked well and there were 50 employees plus a lot of their spouses/significant others. The food was good, there was plenty of alcohol and we were all enjoying the cool mountain temperatures.

The first night there was ugly for my wife and I. We were generally nice to each other, but if I wanted sex it was always an ordeal for my wife because she only did it because it was part of being married. She claims that she just has a really hard time getting in the mood and that's it not my fault. I want to believe her, but my ego suffers regardless.

So, the first night I was hoping that we would have sex and she was not up for it. After a brief, awkward moment where I initiated and she declined, I rolled over to go to sleep and she did the same.

I had been lying there for a few minutes when I began to hear noise through the wall. Our bedroom apparently shared a wall with another bedroom and after a few seconds I realized that I was hearing another couple having sex. Talk about adding insult to injury.

I lay there quietly and listened to the shrieks and groans that accompanied the rhythmic thumping and became more discernable the longer that I listened. It was obvious that the woman was being very vocal about what was going on and the strong staccato against the wall was doing nothing to make me feel any less horny.

"Oh, my god!! It's so deep! Do it! Do it!!" I could hear her calling through the wall behind my head. My pulse was racing as my mind created and image of some porno starlet being serviced by a massively hung sex machine. The activity behind the wall showed no sign of slackening and I was becoming more and more aroused.

"Are you hearing that?" My wife asked me in the darkness of our bedroom. Her voice carried a trace of irritation and I wondered if she would insist on me doing something about it.

"Yeah, it sounds like they are really getting into it." My comment was bland because I didn't want her to know how erotic I found the situation. The woman next door was still moaning and groaning as we spoke.

"Her partner must be huge from the way that she is going on. Either that or she is just trying to make him come quickly by inflating his ego." Her tone was hard to read now. I was more that a little surprised that she commented on it. My wife's lack of interest in sex had often lead me to question if my equipment was somehow no longer satisfying her and this comment caught me off-guard.

"Oh, oh, oh, I am coming again... Ah, Ah, Ah!! Don't stop!!" The woman on the other side of the wall was literally screaming and I marveled at her complete lack of shame when she had to know that others would hear her.

"Wow!" That one word was all I needed to hear from my wife to know that she was not indifferent to what we were overhearing. It struck me then that perhaps my wife was also very dissatisfied with our sex life, but didn't know what to do about making it better.

The pounding on the wall intensified at that moment and then came to a sudden stop. In my mind I could imagine the male partner in the pair grunting as he poured his juices deeply into the still orgasm-sated female. I envied him his release and imagined the great pleasure he must have felt, knowing that his partner was so completely delighted by his sexual prowess.

"Jealous?" The only thing my wife could mean was that I was jealous that he could satisfy his wife so well when I could not. It stung terribly and I had to control the biting comment that threatened to leap from my lips.

"Kind of. Are you?" Honesty was often the safest weapon that I possessed and with my wife it was also the only course that guaranteed resolution. If I was spiteful and mean-spirited then she would use it against me, but if I was honest she would usually be kind and admit her own feelings as well.

"Not to be mean, but yes. It's been a long time since we had sex that made me want to act like that. It's not your fault, but it would be nice to be able to get off like that." Her admission was not what I expected, but since she was telling the truth I saw now way to take offense. Once again I was faced with the chronic challenge that we faced in our sex life. She didn't enjoy sex with me and there was nothing I could do to change it.

My arousal was gone like a smoldering fire that was doused with a fire hose. I was not only no longer horny, but now I felt insecure and embarrassed. Without saying anything else I rolled over and went to sleep.

The next morning as I left our room for breakfast, I chanced to see the male who we had listened to the night before. He was coming back to his room with a tray of food under a white cloth. We smiled politely as I passed by.

When I got back to the room, my wife was still in bed, which was normal for her. I always arose much earlier than she did and it was my habit to eat breakfast and read the Internet until she arose. Since our children were not with us, there was no reason to disturb her.

After an hour I decided to check and see if she was awake. It was getting close to 9 in the morning and we had plans to go shopping in the local resort town during the day. I approached the room with caution because if she was still sleeping I didn't want to make the colossal mistake of waking her before she was ready.

I very carefully worked the handle on the door and slowly opened the door to avoid any unnecessary motion or noise. The resort we were staying at was first rate and the hinges of the door were silent. I slowly looked around the door to where my wife was laying in bed.

"Oh, shit! Mmmm..." My wife was moaning to herself, but bedding of the bed thrown back as she feverishly stroked her sex. I was so shocked that I almost said something. A miraculous exertion of self-control kept me silent as I watched and listened to her work towards a rapidly approaching orgasm. Even in the dim light I could see the way that she worked her paired fingers up and down over her clitoris, slipping rapidly between her pussy lips and back up again. Her moans were soft, but the intensity of her approaching release made the audible to me.

"So big, so good. So big, so big!" Clearly the events of the night before had left a much greater impression on her than I ever expected. I had long suspected that she masturbated at times to give herself the pleasure that I was unable to stimulate. This was the first time that I had actually seen her in the act and the clear stimulus left me cold.

As she began to thrash around in response to her self-instigated orgasm, I silently left the room and closed the door behind me. Confronting her about what I had seen seemed utterly impossible and my own physical arousal from the night before had returned in a rush as I realized that my wife hungered for another man's cock.

I didn't tell her that I had seen our neighbor when she finally came out of the bedroom. Her demeanor was such that I could see that remaining silent would be the best course as all else would only instigate bad feelings. I wondered if she felt guilty over having pleasured herself while thinking of another man. It seemed like a good explanation for why she was in such a foul mood.

We shopped that day and to my surprise, my normally conservative wife bought a nice two-piece swimsuit at one of the boutiques. It was nothing outrageous, but given the situation it surprised me a bit. My wife has never been a big fan of going swimming and while she will wear a swimsuit to the beach, I have never known her to use a resort swimming pool or hot tub.

"Are you planning to go for a swim?" I was incredulous that she was willing to spend the hefty amount for a swimsuit. We normally didn't openly question purchases that the other made, but my curiosity was piqued.

"I was actually thinking of using the hot tub tonight. It gets pretty cold up here at night, so I want to soak in the hot tub before I go to bed." Her explanation was plausible, but totally out of character. Her normal habit was to use the bathtub in the room and soak in privacy.

"Really? Well, that's a surprise. I can look for a swimsuit at the athletic shop or just wear a pair of my running shorts." It never occurred to me that she would plan to go without me. Her lack of comment didn't arouse my suspicions at that point, but in retrospect it could have been another indicator that something was afoot.

The rest of the day passed without any thing noteworthy until we got home. As we were headed to our room, we passed a couple in the hall coming from the direction of our room. The woman was blonde, young seeming and pretty if you liked the type who looked like they were trying a bit too hard. The man was black, well muscled and attractive in a well-dressed, take good care of himself manner. I recognized him from that morning.

"I wonder if that is the couple we overheard last night?" When my wife asked, I almost decided not to say anything, but it didn't seem important and I was kind of interested to see how she would react to seeing the man she had fantasized about that morning.

"Yeah, that's him. I saw him when I went to breakfast this morning." I watched my wife carefully when I told her what I knew. "It sure is interesting to put the physical appearance together with the performance we heard last night."

"He's pretty good looking and put that together with her screams about the size of his penis and it's not surprising he is with someone like that. I mean she is really pretty, so there has to be more to it that just his looks." I didn't know what my wife would say. She seemed to be both implying that he was good looking and yet saying that he wasn't attractive at the same time.

When we went to dinner, my wife and I sat down at a table near the fireplace. She was often cold and I could put up with being too warm better than she handled being cold. Our table was set for four and after a few minutes our neighbors walked over and asked if they could join us.

"Are you there in room 303?" He asked the question in a deep, smooth voice as if he didn't already know the answer. We agreed to eat with them and my wife proceeded to shock me yet again by initiating the conversation. She was normally very willing to talk to people once she got to know them, but her willingness to take the lead at dinner was unusual.

By the end of the meal I knew that he worked in sales for our company and that they were not married. They were from the east coast and were going to be here for the whole week after the conference ended. My wife and I had not planned to stay longer, but my wife expressed her interest in staying as well. The most interesting event of the evening was when everyone except me agreed to go hot-tubing later that night.

When we got back to our room, my wife immediately started changing clothes to head out to the hot tub. The bikini she has purchased looked good on her and after a quick look in the mirror she disappeared into the bathroom. I heard water running and walked over to catch the sight of her using a razor to clean up the pubic hair around her bikini line.

"Well, this is a first. I can't remember the last time that you wanted to get into a hot tub." My comment was meant to draw out what her real motivations were. She was acting weird and I didn't like it.

"Ok, so I am curious. After listening to her last night I want to see what he looks like in a swimsuit and see if his dick is really that big. She just sounded so out of control last night..." Her response was candid, but didn't seem like the whole story. I didn't know if it was time to confront her on what seemed to be an unhealthy interest in another man.

"Just relax. It's not like I am going to go jump into the hot tub and ask him to screw me. His girlfriend will be there and I am sure there will be lots of other people as well. I am just curious." She read my concerns surprisingly well, which meant that she was doing what I thought she was doing or she was just covering her bases. I was not comfortable with either situation, but she was right that the situation was not as provocative as it seemed.

"When are you supposed to be out there?" I asked while she continued to shave.

"We didn't really set a time, so I will just wait until I hear the door to their room close." When she finished her shaving she turned to me and did a quick turn about. "What do you think? Am I going to be embarrassed because she will look way better than I do? I don't want to feel like I am totally ugly compared to her."

"You look good. She has fake boobs, so you don't compare that way, but your stomach is flat, your legs are toned and your boobs fit your body shape. Is that how you want to look?" I didn't exaggerate in describing her. She was not perfect like a swimsuit model, but she could hold her own with most women her age and many women quite a bit younger.

"Well, I have never felt like I wished for a boob job, but after you say that I do." She didn't seem pleased with my assessment; I was not in the mood to try and kiss her butt, so I got my computer out and settled in.

A few minutes passed and my wife heard what she wanted to hear. She grabbed a large bath towel, draped the complimentary robe over her shoulders and headed for the door.

"Don't wait up or anything. I am sure that I won't be there very long, but if it's fun I may stay for a while." She didn't even pause as she rushed out the door. I probably would have left it alone, but that last statement was entirely too guilty for me to simply ignore it.

I set my computer down and grabbed the property directory that was resting on the coffee table in the suite area. Leafing through it I was able to see where they hot tubs were located and how to get there. After a moments pause I decided that I would find a spot to watch what happened instead of getting in the middle of things. It was too public a place for my wife to get in trouble.

My training in the military was intelligence. I had not had any reason to really think like that since I got out a few years back, but now the old habits were coming in handy. I was able to quickly assess where I would have the best point to both observe and hear what was being said. It felt odd to think of my wife as a target, but with everything that was going on it made sense.

I hurried through the back hallways of the resort and left the building well before getting to the hot tubs. There were four different hot tubs and they were all located at different corners of the swimming pool. Two of the hot tubs were in plain view of the clubhouse, but the other two sat back far enough from the pool to be partially enclosed in trees. I approached to pool area carefully, trying not to give myself away while I looked for where they had settled.

At first I couldn't see them, but as I moved along the tree line I finally located the three of them and two others in one of the marginally secluded hot tubs. Getting over there without being noticed would not be difficult because it was starting to be very dark and the area around the pool was not very well lit.

By the time that I got to the hot tub they were in, everyone was in the water. There were a number of large towels hanging on the gazebo that surrounded and roofed the hot tub. My visibility was not ideal, but I could hear everything that we being said with complete clarity.

"So, where's your husband?" The female from last night asked.

"He's back in our room using his computer. I swear, if he goes more than an hour without checking email or reading the news it would kill him." My wife's exaggeration was met by polite laughter. They continued to make small talk for a while until the other pair made polite excuses and left. I tried to reposition myself while they left so that I could be a better view.

"Ok, so now that they left, how about if I order a bottle of wine? Do you drink?" His voice sounded very relaxed and he seemed to be very comfortable talking with my wife. I was very interested to hear her response because it would tell me a lot. My wife drank only on special occasions. She liked it too much and claimed that her safety net was limiting it to once or twice a year.

"I am not normally a big wine fan, but if you get something in a blush I wouldn't mind having some. I just never developed a taste for the red wines. Too strong..." Her reply was both gracious and very unnerving for me. The fact that she was drinking with people she barely knew was extremely abnormal.

"Ok, I will tell you what. I will get both wines and I will make you a bet that you will like the red wine that I order." He laughed as he made the offer.

"I don't know. I really don't care for red wine." My wife laughed as she replied. Her dislike of red wine sounded less complete than the words she had chosen.

"Ok, let's make this fun. If you like the wine I choose then you have to streak naked from here to the other side of the pool and back. If you don't like it then we will. Nothing serious, just being silly." They both laughed at the suggestion, trying to make it seem like it was not a big deal.

"What? I would be too embarrassed." My wife sounded amused rather than appalled.

"Come on. You can put your robe back on as soon as you get back." He was teasing her, challenging her a little. It was a very effective sales technique and I could see that he was very good at what he did.

"I don't know. We will see. If there is anyone else around then I won't do it. Besides, I am sure that I will be the one seeing our bare asses streaking." Her partial acceptance was all that he needed and he climbed from the hot tub to find a phone to place the order.

"So, how long have you two been together?" My wife asked her new friend after he had left.