Here to Stay Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Lead the way, but not too fast. Also, try not to let me run into anything," Emmett teased.

"I'll do my best," Gavin replied. He tried to ignore the electricity that ran up his arm and shoulder from Emmett's firm but gentle grasp.

"Good morning, Dr. Clark," Pete said, opening the door to the building.

"Good morning, Pete. Have a nice day," Emmett replied jovially.

"Oh, I will, Dr. Clark. I will. You do the same, but I can tell you will, too," Pete replied, no small amount of reference to Gavin in his voice. Emmett couldn't help but to chuckle at the cheerful, African-American doorman. If he could have seen, he would have watched Gavin's face blush to a bright red shade. Pete didn't miss it, though, and winked at Gavin when Gavin glanced back, causing Gavin to blush even more.

Emmett got into Gavin's car, and Gavin did the same. Emmett heard Gavin fasten his seatbelt, and let out a relieved sigh.

"So, you mentioned that you had to be at one of the restaurants this morning. You work at more than one?" Emmett asked.

"Yeah, I work at three restaurants," Gavin answered. "I have a pretty flexible schedule, though, and spend a lot of time at home?"

"Because you own them?" Emmett asked, interrupting. Gavin stuttered for a few seconds and Emmett went on. "Just because I'm blind doesn't mean that I'm a complete imbecile. You'll come to find that I'm actually more perceptive than most people who can actually see."

"I didn't think that you were an idiot," Gavin informed Emmett.

"Well, thank you. Many people think that automatically because I'm blind that I'm slow."

"I can definitely tell that you're not, now." Gavin paused. "You're actually the first one to figure it out. Even Cassidy doesn't know that I own them."

"Why haven't you told her?"

"I don't know. I guess I don't want people automatically assuming things about me when they discover I own three restaurants."

"Yeah, I'm definitely not paying the full rent if you live with me, now that I know the cash you rake in," Emmett said sarcastically. Gavin laughed. Emmett was immediately entranced by the sound. Shaking his head, he pushed the thought from his mind.

"It's the last day for my students, and then summer. I only have to teach a few days every week," Emmett said, excited.

"That's great." Gavin thought for a moment, then took a deep breath, not going unnoticed by Emmett. "Emmett, what are you doing tonight?"

"Absolutely nothing. You'll find, as you get to know me, that most of my evenings are completely free, aside from the nights I stay in my studio and practice."

"Well, I'd love it if you came with Cassidy and me tonight."

"I would like that, too."

"What time can I pick you up here?" Gavin asked.

"Oh, no, I don't want you to?"

"Well, if I'm going to live with you, I'll have to get used to this, so I might as well start."

"That's a very smart thing to do. A trial period," Emmett replied.

They walked to the door in a comfortable silence.

"What time?" Gavin asked again.

"Around six should be good. I'll be hungry, though. You can't say that I didn't warn you," Emmett said, smiling a very big smile. It took Gavin aback, and he stared for a few moments before opening the door.

"Six it is," Gavin said. "I'll see you later." Gavin walked away as Emmett started down the hall.

12