Here to Stay Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Go ahead," Emmett said, a touch of wariness in his voice.

"You seem a lot more cheerful than you've been in a long time. Would the reason for that be the stud standing up at the bar?" Emmett couldn't help but smile.

"Clara . . ." he said, shocked. "I can't believe you'd . . . yes," he finally answered.

"Well, good. I'm so happy for you. The piano has its place in life, but you can't hide behind it forever and shut people out," she said affably. "I'll let you get back to your date, because I have to run with mine, otherwise we'll miss the ballet. Have fun tonight," she said implicatively.

"You, too, Clara," Emmett said. He heard the door open and close behind him as Gavin took his seat, handing Emmett his coffee.

"Who was that lovely young woman?" Gavin asked. Emmett could barely distinguish a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Don't be so envious. If anything, I should be jealous of you and that man behind the bar that you were talking to," Emmett said. Gavin leaned over the table, close to Emmett's ear.

"That's Sam. He's about 300 pounds and a five inches shorter than you," he said before he sat back, laughing almost hysterically. Emmett reveled in that sound.

"Anyways, that was one of my students, Clara. She's one of the most talented and hard-working pianists I've ever met. She's going places."

"Her date hated that you were prettier than him," Gavin chuckled. Emmett laughed, too, but his smile faded when Gavin continued a few moments later.

"Emmett, there are some things you should know," Gavin said gravely, out of the blue. "I, uh, I used to party. A lot. And get drunk even more. And, well, have sex a lot," Gavin stuttered, squirming in his seat.

"I know," Emmett informed him.

"What?" Confusion was stamped on Gavin's face.

"When Cassidy, Suzanne, Matt, and I used to hang out during our undergrad years, they always used to tell me about their good friend, and oh, the stories they told. The goal was to get me to loosen up more and have a little more fun, but as you can imagine, when you're blind and drunk, it's impossible enough to walk and keep your balance, let alone meet people. Well, one time Cassidy got pretty trashed and let your name slip. When I met you a few weeks ago, though, I could tell that you had changed. What I saw was someone who had isolated himself entirely. My guess is that you found less satisfaction in partying and sleeping around than you did in just being alone."

"I was always left with the most horrid feeling," Gavin choked out. Emmett set his coffee on the table and grabbed Gavin's hands with his.

"The point is, Gavin, everyone has a past. I don't care about yours, as long as that's what it is: in the past. Not the present, not the future, because those are open books, and I'd like to have a part in both."

Gavin blinked the tears forming behind his eyes away, ashamed at the display in public. He realized that Emmett was everything he had ever wanted and needed. After realizing how hard he had fallen for Emmett, he found his voice.

"I don't know what to say, Emmett."

"Then why are you still talking?" Emmett asked, leaning over the table and giving Gavin a short kiss. "Let's go home."

They both got up, and Emmett put on his jacket, feeling in his pockets, and pulling out the twenty-dollar bill he had given Gavin.

"Gavin Michael Adams, this had better not be what I think it is," he stated in a motherly way.

"Maybe you put it in there and forgot about it," Gavin laughed, reaching for Emmett's arm. The rest of the walk to the apartment was silent, but very comfortable. Cecelia's voice greeted them before they got to the doors.

"You two have fun?" She got her answer from the looks on their faces before either of them had spoken a word. "I'm glad," she said, opening the door.

Once at the apartment, Emmett walking side to the counter and turned around, hearing Gavin shut the door. Gavin turned his head and looked at Emmett, and didn't delay for any longer. He walked over quickly and covered Emmett's mouth with his. His hands wandered up Emmett's chest as Emmett's grasped Gavin's neck and the side of his face. The kiss was gentle and passionate. Gavin finally pulled away, leaving both of them breathless.

"I've been waiting to do that all nigh?" Emmett interrupted Gavin by grabbing his tie and pulling him into another kiss, this one more aggressive. Tongues warred while breathing was forgotten. Emmett pulled on Gavin's bottom lip with his teeth, eliciting a moan from Gavin as he stepped away.

"I'm sorry," Emmett apologized. "I didn't think you'd mind."

"I didn't mind at all. I don't know if we're ready for that much, uh, physically, yet." Emmett stepped over to Gavin and wrapped his arms around his neck.

"Thank you," he said, kissing Gavin's chin. They stood in the embrace for a few minutes, neither of them wanting to move. Emmett finally pulled away, walked to his bedroom, undressed, and got in bed. He got back out of bed as soon as he had lay down.

Gavin went to his room, stripped to his underwear, and got in bed, shutting his eyes. He couldn't figure out whether or not he wanted to laugh, cry, or scream with joy.

"You didn't think you were getting off that easily, did you?" Gavin's eyes fluttered open, only to focus on Emmett's silhouette standing in the doorway, clad only in a small pair of black briefs. Emmett walked over, grabbed Gavin's hand after a few seconds of feeling for it, and led him across the hall. He pulled Gavin to him, feeling their bare chests touch as Emmett kissed him briefly. They got in the bed, and Gavin wrapped his arms around Emmett, Emmett lying back against Gavin's chest. They fell asleep that way, neither of them overlooking the perfection of the way they fit.

12