Here With Me

Story Info
Is Jenna the girl Lance has been searching for?
6.7k words
4.33
19.1k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay Jenna, I've had enough of you hanging around the house all mopey and shit. You are coming with me tonight to a club." Julia was trying to get her best friend back into the groove of things after breaking up with the world's worst boyfriend.

"Jules, I don't want to go out. I don't want to be around people. I just want to sit here and watch a movie." Jenna had no intention of getting all dressed up, doing her hair and putting make-up on just to stand around and look at people.

"Jen, it's been two months. TWO MONTHS. You know, if Kevin was actually a decent human being, I could understand this bizarre mourning thing you've got going on here. But he's not! He's an asshole, always was and always will be."

"It's not that easy Jules." Jenna had become a shell of herself. There was no color in her face, no sparkle in her eyes. It was like she had given up on everything.

Julia walked over to where Jenna was sitting on the couch and stared directly at her. "Look at me Jen." She waited for her friend to stop watching Jerry Springer. "Who cheated on who in this relationship?"

"That's not the point." Jenna replied weakly.

"How can that NOT be the point? He slept with another girl Jen. MANY girls."

"Thank you for reminding me Jules." Jenna was starting to get pissed at Julia. Any reaction was better than none at all, so Julia kept it up.

"Well, someone has to remind you of what a pig he is."

"Well, thank God you're here." Sarcasm radiated from Jenna's reply. Julia didn't think it was going to be this easy.

"Listen to me Jen. You are going to get up, get in the shower, get dressed, get ready and you and I are going to this club!" Julia was not taking no for an answer.

Without saying a word, Jenna got up from the couch which had been her safety zone, and walked into the bathroom. Moments later, Julia heard the water run for the shower. She smiled in triumph.

The two girls had lived together since they were juniors in college. After their graduation one year ago, they decided to head to New York City to begin the next chapter in their lives. Julia had found a job as a reporter for a small, underground newspaper while Jenna found one at a local radio station as a talent coordinator. Everything was going just as they planned until Jenna met David. It was about two weeks after their move and they had been at a party for the radio station when Kevin made his move.

He swept Jenna off her feet with flowers, gifts, weekend getaways...the whole deal. He was the perfect boyfriend. Too perfect in Julia's opinion. She had a bad feeling that Kevin was hiding something from Jenna, but she never thought it would be as bad as it turned out to be. In the blink of an eye, Kevin took Julia's best friend away from her and now it was time she got her back. Starting tonight, Julia was going to pull Jenna back into the world again, no matter what.

****************************

Lance was walking around the club going over all the details from the music that the DJ was going to play, to the stirrers the bartenders were going to use. Tonight was the night. His club was finally opening to the public. He was more nervous for this than any concert he performed in with his four best friends, better known as *Nsync. The last list he had to go through was that of the media who were going to be reviewing the *new hot spot.*

There was a knock at the office door. "Yeah come on in." Lance's Mississippi drawl was unmistakable.

"Hey man, the place looks great." One of Lance's best friends, JC Chasez walked in.

"Thanks. I like what the decorators did."

"You ready for tonight?" Josh (what his friends called him) sat on the plush leather sofa.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Lance got up from behind his desk and walked over to the mini bar. "Want a drink?"

"Yeah, sounds good." Josh looked down at his Rolex watch. "When are the rest of the guys getting here?"

The remaining three members of their group, Justin Timberlake, Chris Kirkpatrick and Joey Fatone, were all supposed to be there for the opening. Whenever any of the five of them became involved in a project outside of *Nsync, rumors would ignite that the group was breaking up. There was never a question of them not supporting one another in their other interests.

"Justin should be here any minute and Joey and Chris are coming together. They should be here in about an hour."

Josh nodded and took the beer from Lance. "So uh....is Kate going to be here tonight?"

Lance's jaw instinctively clenched. "I have no idea. She got an invitation."

"You sent your girlfriend an invitation? Why would she need one? Why isn't she here already anyway?" He looked at Lance questioning him.

"I sent Kate an invitation because we aren't talking to each other at the moment."

"Why aren't you talking to each other?"

"Because she told me she doesn't want to be with me anymore." Lance sunk into the couch.

"Ouch. What happened?"

Lance shrugged. "I couldn't be there for her when she wanted me to be. She was tired of having a relationship with my voice mail."

"I'm sorry man. Maybe it's for the best?"

"Yeah."

Lance and Kate had been dating for almost a year. They met through mutual friends, and hit it off the moment they met. Sparks flew. Fireworks went off. All the things a person feels when they're immediately attracted to someone, Lance and Kate felt. She was beautiful and elegant. Lance was bored within the third month. He had feelings for her, he even loved her, he thought. After the initial attraction and newness of a relationship wore off though, Lance's feelings for Kate weren't exactly equal to those she felt for him.

He stayed with her because it was comfortable and he liked having someone be there for him. It was completely selfish of him, but it was the truth. He never cheated on her or even looked at other girls. He was committed to his relationship with Kate whole heartedly. He just didn't have that feeling for her anymore. The feeling where you know you can't breathe without someone. When they're the last thing you think about when you go to sleep at night and the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning. When you're sitting at work in the middle of the day and all of the sudden, wonder what that someone is doing at that same exact moment.

Lance missed that feeling. He missed feeling that with Kate and deep down inside, he knew it was gone. He loved her, he just wasn't in love with her anymore. He wondered if he ever really was.

****************************

"Ooh la la! Jen, you look wicked good!" Julia hadn't seen her best friend look so alive since her break up with Kevin.

"Thanks. It's just clothes and make-up. No big deal." Jenna just shrugged the compliment off.

Julia rolled her eyes. "Come on, we're gonna be late."

The two got a taxi cab and Julia gave the driver the address to the club.

"What's the name of this place anyway Jules?"

"Uh, Enigma I think." Julia looked down at her invitation to see if she was right. "Yup, Enigma."

"What's that for?" Jenna pointed at the paper in Julia's hand.

"The invitation for opening night."

"You need an invitation? I thought this was just a club."

"It is just a club, but they sent out invitations to the people they wanted to be there on opening night. I guess the guy who owns it wanted tonight to be just for VIP's and press."

"Jules...I don't have an invitation." Jenna stated the fact as though Julia wasn't aware of that.

Julia looked over at her best friend frustratingly. "I know you don't. My invitation is for myself and a guest. Do you really think I'd drag your couch potato ass out if I wouldn't able to actually get you through the front door?"

The cab pulled up to the curb in front of Enigma. Julia and Jenna got out and waded through the crowd of people until they reached the doorman. Julia handed him her invitation and they were ushered in. The music was deafening and Jenna could barely hear herself think.

"I'm going to check out the scene!" Julia has to almost scream for Jenna to hear her. She nodded to let her friend know she heard her, then watched Julia disappear into the sea of people.

Not knowing what else to do, Jenna found her way to the bar. "Can I help you miss?" The bartender smiled at Jenna.

"Ice water please?"

After taking the glass, Jenna turned around to watch the club. She found it mesmerizing to watch the people dancing, talking, laughing...just being alive. She missed being alive.

****************************

A loud pounding that was supposed to be a knock on the door caused Lance to wake up. He had fallen asleep on the sofa in his office while the world was spinning outside the four walls that confined him. He wearily pulled his body up and walked over to the door. Looking through the peephole, he saw Justin standing there bopping to the music from downstairs.

"Come on man, open the fucking door already! Damn!!" Justin was never know for his patience.

Lance opened the door. "What's up man? Why aren't you downstairs?"

"Because someone has to drag your Albino ass down there. I drew the short straw." The infamous Timberlake grin was directed Lance's way.

"I can see everything that's happening from up here." Lance motioned over to the wall that faced the club below. From the first floor, it looked like a huge mirror, but from Lance's office, he could see down perfectly.

"Shit, that's dope!" The younger man walked over to the glass wall and looked down at everyone. His eyes found a girl standing at the bar, looking out at the crowd with a dreamlike look on her face.

"Hey man, look at her." Justin summoned Lance over to see the girl.

Lance's breath caught in his throat. She was beautiful. His response was monotone. "Yeah."

Justin looked at his friend and sighed. "What the hell is wrong with you? This should be one of the greatest nights in your life. You should be down there, mingling, dancing, drinking...enjoying yourself. But instead, you're up here, watching everything like a voyeur."

Lance never took his eyes off the girl at the bar. "Voyeur? When did you start using SAT words?"

"Fuck you man. I'm being serious. You're watching life happen all around you, but not living it."

Lance looked at Justin finally. "Go back downstairs Justin." The tone in his usual calming voice became harsh and angry. Justin wasn't going to fight him on this.

"Whatever man, whatever." He began to walk to the door and Lance turned back to the girl at the bar. Justin turned around one last time. "Listen, when you're done with your period or whatever it is that's making you a bitch, come down and join civilization." With that being said, the door slammed shut.

****************************

"Hey beautiful..." a deep drunken voice broke her attention.

Jenna turned around to see a man who was very similar looking to Kevin but with darker hair. 'Here we go' she sighed to herself. She wasn't in the mood to be hit on, especially by someone who bore a striking resemblance to the man who crushed her just months ago. "Let me guess... you saw me from across the room and something inside of you screamed to come and find out who that beautiful girl was." Her voice was dripping with contempt and sarcasm.

The man gave an inebriated grin and leaned his elbow on the bar, hoping Jenna would give him the attention he was looking for. "Well, let me just break it down real quick for you, okay? I've come to find that the only reason men like you have a yearning to find out who I am is behind the zipper of their pants. So if I were you, I'd turn around and find an airhead bimbo who is actually interested in something someone like you has to offer." Jenna turned around, so disgusted she couldn't even look at him.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and she spun around violently. "WHAT!"

The man stood up straight and put his beer down. "I think we got off on the wrong foot, and all I really wanted to do was to come over and offer some conversation to help rid yourself of that far off, scared look on your face." He stuck out his hand, "Name's Paul, and although I think you are quite beautiful, nothing behind my zipper is yearning for anything."

Jenna smiled shyly and moved a stray hair behind her ear. "Sorry, I guess I'm not all that good at spotting the good in guys lately."

Paul sat down on the stool next to her and smiled. "Sorry to hear that. Did some punk break your heart?"

Jenna just sighed. Paul nudged her. "Didn't mean to dig up bad memories. But its cool that you're here, it shows your moving on from the man who is probably named Dick ... am I right?" He had a charming smile.

Jenna smiled and nodded as she sipped some of her water, "That's about right."

"I knew it!" Paul smiled and put a hand in the air.

Jenna laughed a little and put her drink on the counter. "I'll be right back, I have to run to the bathroom."

She was no more than 3 steps away when she realized she forgot her purse. "Shit." She turned around just in time to see Paul break a pill open and pour the contents into her drink. Her face dropped then twisted into a look of anger. 'That son of a bitch, how could I be so dumb again?' she thought. She was sick of being used and being lied to. Before she knew it, she was face to face with her admirer and her fist connected with Paul's nose. Blood was all over her shaking hand.

"You fucking bitch!" Paul screamed from his place on the floor, his hand covering his nose. "YOU BROKE MY NOSE!"

Before she knew it, three men were standing at her side and the shorter of the three spoke first. "Joey go get Mike and Lonnie." With that said, the taller, Italian-looking one was off to find the two men.

One of the other two spoke to Jenna, "Hey, are you all right? That's one hell of a right hook you got there." He had the warmest blue eyes that complimented him quite well.

Jenna still couldn't say anything. She was in a state of shock. She stared down at Paul with blood flowing from his nose at a rapid pace. All she wanted was to find Julia and get the hell out of there. She went to leave when the blue-eyed one stopped her.

"Hey, are you okay?" He looked down at her with concern.

Paul was getting more pissed at the attention she was getting while he was the one bleeding profusely. "She fucking broke my nose! Someone call the police, shit!!!"

The shorter guy spoke again. "Come on Justin, Mike's here."

"Ma'am you'll have to come with me." A big man took her by her shoulders and Jenna was in a daze as she watched all the people cheer for her with the lights flashing all about them.

"Where are you taking me?" Jenna was beginning to get scared.

"Upstairs." The large man looked like a bodyguard or a bouncer and he was doing a fantastic job of intimidating her.

****************************

Julia saw the crowd forming and heard someone say that the police were on their way. She was becoming frantic to find Jenna. She finally made her way to the bar and asked the bartender if he had seen her friend.

"I'm sorry Miss, but I've seen hundreds of people tonight."

Julia took out her wallet and fished out a picture of her and Jenna that was taken on a beach at San Padre Island. They were there for their Senior year Spring Break. She showed to it to the man behind the bar. He smiled, looking at the two beautiful girls in the picture who were both in their bathing suits smiling at the camera. He looked closer at it and noticed one of the girls was the one who was ushered upstairs by Mike, one of the *Nsync bodyguards.

"Yeah, I saw her all right. I saw her slug that sorry son-of-a-bitch right in his face. I think she broke his nose." He chuckled at the memory, knowing that Jenna gave Paul exactly what he deserved.

Julia's heart sank. "Shit, do you know where she is now?" She was really starting to get scared.

"Don't worry. I think they took her upstairs to make sure she was okay. If that asshole calls the police, she'll be okay up there."

"Well, can I see her? What the fuck happened?" Julia was now almost insane with worry. A male voice from behind her answered her rhetorical question.

"Just you average, run of the mill assault. No big deal." Julia turned around to see the person who answered her. He was smiling at her and he had the bluest eyes she'd ever seen.

"Do you know where she is upstairs? I need to make sure she's okay." She was trying to concentrate on where she was and why she was there, but the man in front of her was not making it easy.

"Don't worry. She's in very capable, very safe hands. What's your name anyway?"

"Julia." She felt herself blush.

"I'm Josh." He smiled again and Julia returned a smile of her own. "Julia, I'd be honored if you would dance with me." Who was she to say no?

****************************

Mike ushered Jenna to the second floor of the club and knocked a door. "It's me man, open the door."

"Uh, should I be afraid? Is this like the Mafia or something? Am I going to be *rubbed out* or fitted for a pair of cement shoes?" Jenna was pissed now.

"Don't give me any ideas." Mike was not amused by her sense of humor. When the door was opened, Mike stood there waiting for Jenna to go inside. "Well?" He looked at her as if to ask her why she was just standing there looking at him.

Jenna rolled her eyes with as much attitude as she could muster. She walked into the elaborately decorated office. Although she was a bit nervous, she felt safe for some strange reason that she didn't quite understand. The office was in dark colors...deep browns, dark greens and maroons. It reminded Jenna of a study you would find in a mansion in the country. Instinctively, she walked toward the glass wall and watched as two police officers were talking to Paul and writing down his statement.

"Shit. I'm so fucked."

"I don't appreciate you causing a big scene opening night of my club like you have."

Jenna turned quickly and found the owner of the deep, angry, yet hauntingly seductive voice that was reprimanding her. Her defenses immediately went up. "Oh really? Well if you're waiting for an apology, you might as well wait for hell to freeze over because that will happen a whole lot faster."

She watched the man's face as he was completely agitated with her now. "You're lucky I don't let the police come up here and haul your ass in for assault! Jesus Christ, who the fuck do you think you are?" He was yelling now, and Jenna was afraid of what was going to happen to her.

"I think I'm someone who is going go to turn herself in because that will be a lot safer than being locked up in this fucking vault with a psychopath like you!"

Jenna went to push her way past him but he reached out and grabbed her by her shoulders. Without thinking twice, she put her kickboxing experience to good use. He was down on the floor in less than a minute, curled in the fetal position coughing while trying to catch his breath. She was the one yelling now. "Don't you EVER fucking touch me again!"

The man sat up and looked at her, amazed by her strength. "Shit, now I know how you were able to make that guy bleed."

"Yeah? Would you like me to demonstrate exactly what I did to him on you?" She was standing above him, looking straight down into his green eyes, challenging him. Her hands were on her hips while she waited for him to answer.

He stood up and brushed his hands on his pants. "No, that won't be necessary, thanks." He walked over to his mahogany desk and sat down in the leather chair. He motioned for Jenna to have a seat on the other side. She was hesitant at first, but something about him made her want to look into his eyes some more. She sat down and looked down at her hands that were folded in her lap.

"Okay," he said. "Why don't you tell me what the hell happened down there."

12