Hidden Beauty

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,412 Followers

Jess swore her heart was going to pound right out of her chest. The intensity of those different colored orbs made her body tremble. Silently she thought. Please kiss me. Please, please, please do it.

"Sorry folks, we're closing," announced the teenage employee as he entered the room. He quickly jumped back against the door frame when Kaden shot him a very aggravated look. "Jesus!" he declared as he stared in shock at her eyes. "Ss...ssor...sorry but it's...eleven. We close at eleven." He stuttered and pulled himself out of the room.

Kaden shut her eyes tight in aggravation. Pinching the bridge of her nose, she released a slow and steady clenched sight. Goddamn it with the interruptions between us! Kaden inwardly yelled. "Okay, so that's the kind of reaction I'm used to from people," she commented aloud.

Jess couldn't help the corners of her mouth turning up into a small smile because she knew those beautiful orbs gave her a very different reaction than what others saw. Tugging at her friend's shirt, she said, "Come on."

********************

"So where'd you park?" Jess inquired as they made it back to the tavern.

"Right in front."

The strawberry blonde looked at the cars, wondering which one her tall friend would drive, but when she saw Kaden step up to the bike, her eyes grew wide. "You drive a motorcycle?!"

Kaden gave her a toothy grin. "Yep. It's a 2010 DYNA Fat Boy Harley." She placed the jett black helmet on and swung her leg over the seat.

"That is so damn......" she couldn't think to finish her sentence. They silently looked at one another, and she finally said, "sexy."

Kaden smirked. "Would you like to go for a ride?" She watched a bright and excited smile grace Jess' face, and then it quickly grew somber.

"Oh I would love to....I really would." Jess wanted to kick herself. "Damn it, I have an early morning board meeting at the hospital and I haven't finished working on my presentation for it." She sighed. "I know that sounds so lame, but it's true. I have to be ready for this meeting and if I go with you, I know that we'll be up all night --- which I wouldn't mind, but this meeting is so important."

"It's okay. Another time then."

********************

The weekend came quicker than expected, and Comic Con 2012 was bustling with people of all ages. The K-conference center was packed and noisy. The main room had been decorated to the gills with banners, posters, and life-sized cardboard cutouts of superheroes and villains alike. Merchant tables were well stocked with magazines, action-figures, and many other paraphernalia that any average diehard fan would want.

Jess hadn't been to one of these since she was eleven. It almost didn't look any different than when she was a kid except for new characters to fawn over, more people, and more memorabilia. She looked over the convention map in hand to find the one specific booth that she was excited about. That is where she wanted to go first before taking care of the business of perusing new comics to order for the shop. Down the center aisle, she passed by many of the booths of well known characters from childhood --- Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman --- which she couldn't help smiling over. In her heart, Wonder Woman was always going to be her first heroine --- the first one she was introduced to, the first one that captured her excitement of females who kick ass. She had one very special issue that was signed by the Amazon Princess herself, the first time Uncle Teddy brought her here. Presently that issue was encased in a special picture box and sat on a shelf in her bedroom. Today, Jess hoped to have a different signature on the special edition issue she had tucked into her news bag this morning.

She passed the X-Men table and turned left. As per the map, the booth she needed should be half way down the aisle on her right. As she weaved her way through the throngs of people, she suddenly saw the line ahead. Adolescent boys and girls of various ages stood with their parent and/or guardian at the very table she sought. Jess' heart sank a little as she stepped to the back of the line. She didn't expect it to already be this long, but then again it took her a lot longer to get on the road this morning than she had anticipated. Looking at her cell phone for the time, she figured the wait wouldn't be so bad and she would still have enough hours to browse and get business done.

*********************

The character known as Tempest had been signing magazines and other paraphernalia for hours. The clicks of cameras accompanied the meeting of each child, teenager, and adult. Grateful for the protection to her eyes from the polycarbonate blue mirror lens of the silver goggles, she smiled one more time for the camera. Well it actually wasn't a smile. Tempest had an infamous smirk that only turned up the corners of her mouth and was accompanied by a raised eyebrow. Hidden eyes suddenly caught the glimpse of a familiar individual standing in the line. A moment of panic crackled in the air. She wondered if the short strawberry blonde would figure it out. An opportunity had not come up to tell the young woman her little secret, but the fact was that she actually enjoyed generally having this secret for over a decade. She liked that her identity was kept out of the public.

"You're my greatest hero," a girl beamed as she approached the table.

Tempest looked down at the brown-eyed girl with the toothy smile. She crouched down to be on the same level as her, and said, "Thank you sweetheart."

"My twin brother thinks you're awesome too but he's really shy."

The superhero nodded in his direction and said, "Don't worry, it's okay to be shy."

"Will you sign our copies?"

"Of course. What is your name?"

"I'm Vicky, and he's Vic."

"How old are you two?" Tempest asked.

"We are going to be twelve in October!" the girl shouted exuberantly.

"It seems you're excited about that."

The girl nodded brightly. "We might have a new baby brother by then. Mommy's getting big. Isn't that right Daddy?" She grabbed her father's large hand, giving it a tug.

He chuckled, answering, "Yes."

"Well, that is wonderful news," the superhero commented as she returned the comics to each of them.

"May.....I...touch your sword?" the young soft voice of the other twin spoke.

Tempest gave him her signature look, and said, "Only if it's okay with your father."

The older gentleman with the well-trimmed goatee clapped a proud hand on his son's shoulder, and nodded his approval to the heroine.

She slowly pulled out the sword from the scabbard attached to her back, allowing the sound of the schwing to be heard. Holding it flat on her palms, she extended it towards the twins.

Vic hesitantly reached out with complete awe that he could have this opportunity. He looked into her face with big brown eyes and said, "It's just as awesome as you."

********************

There were only two more people in front of Jess. She fidgeted with the front flap of her bag. Come on Jess, why are you feeling nervous? Cause you're only getting the signature of the author of your favorite comic series, and this person just happens to be dressed as the superhero! No big deal. Okay, it is a big deal. It shouldn't be, but it is. I know it's just a person---- an everyday normal person just like me who happened upon this great idea of a comic series and so became famous. It's okay. It's okay. You'll get through this. Just breathe. She looked at the character signing, and was taken back at how amazingly well the costume was worn. Wow, she looks incredible --- just like Tempest. I never knew someone could look so damn sexy in leather. God, is it hot in here? I feel like I'm sweating. Maybe it's just from there being so many people. I wish this author didn't keep her identity hidden. Fans have been wanting for years to see her, but even so, she is stunning in that costume. Oh my god, it's going to be my turn. She absently scratched an itch along her temple and was reminded of the jagged scar that went down to her jaw. Suddenly she became self-conscious and quickly tried to push it out of her mind. Jess knew it shouldn't matter, but she was prey to being human.

Tempest stood to her full height, and casually laid a gloved hand on the podium next to her that she was using for autographs. The short strawberry blonde was a beautiful sight to see. She was grateful that the goggles hid her eyes, and it seemed that Jess didn't recognize her at all. Part of her wanted her friend to know the secret, and the other part of her just wanted to keep it to herself. If I speak, it might register who I am. Hopefully I won't have to say anything. Wow, she looks delicious. I just want to pin her against a wall and seize her mouth. What am I thinking?! Oh boy, I'm in so much trouble.

Clearing her throat, Jess stepped forward, and asked, "Would you sign..." she nervously laughed at herself, "I'm sure you've been hearing that all day." She handed over the issue and watched as the character began writing. It's now or never Jess. Grow some balls and ask before the opportunity flies out the window. She cleared her throat again, "Um, I have an odd question, and I'm sure it's a shot in the dark, but I figured I would try anyway."

Tempest took note of the fidgeting and the cute way she nibbled her bottom lip in thought.

"Well, I volunteer at the Children's hospital, to help support those who suffer disfigurement from tragedy. I thought it would be so awesome if you would be willing to come out one afternoon and maybe hand out a few issues, that I would happily purchase of course, and maybe talk to some of the kids. So many of them really need a sense hope, you know, something to look forward to. There's a number of them who remain disfigured their whole lives, and it becomes so disheartening to face their peers, family, and just the world in general. I'm sure you're very busy, but I just thought that you could perhaps find a way in your schedule.... Oh hell, now I'm babbling. Sorry."

Tempest grinned, and nodded. She wrote something else on the comic book, and then handed it back to Jess. A little confused that the person didn't speak a word to her, the blonde looked at what was written.

To Jess –

You're a stunning woman whose beauty shines through touching everyone you meet. You have a way of bringing out the good in people. I will happily meet with the children per your request.

Tempest

P.S. Have dinner with me. Meet me on 8 West just after 5pm and we'll talk more. You have my number.

KJW

Amber eyebrows furrowed confusedly. Excited, overjoyed, and frightened all at the same time, she didn't know what to think. The author wants to have dinner with me? Why? I'm stunning? Wait, I have her number?! Do I know her?? How? Wait a minute! I never gave her my name! She looked up at the stoic face, her mouth agape, and the questions still rolling through her head. Suddenly an image of Kaden in her uniform and sunglasses stepping up to the register flashed through her mind. Eyebrows shot up in surprise. "K....?" She absently began to utter and was immediately halted by a gentle yet firm finger at her lips. The scent of the leather drifted up her nose, and she found herself captivated by this mysterious woman. Gulping, Jess slowly nodded her understanding. When her lips were freed, she softly said, "Thank you for your time."

********************

It was 5:21pm and Jess found herself pacing in front of the eighth floor elevators. She didn't know where on 8 West she was supposed to be so she figured that near the elevators would be her best bet. I still can't believe Kaden is the author of Tempest ---- hell she is Tempest! Damn!! And oh my god she looked divine in that costume. She ran small fingers through her golden mop of hair, and sighed.

The familiar ding announced the arrival of the elevator car. Out of the now open doors stepped the tall raven haired character. With a slight smile, she took the hand of a surprised and nervous Jess, and led her down the hall. In front of her room, she turned around to face the shorter woman.

Jess didn't realize the door was at her back, even when the dark woman came forward leaning her hand against the wood. She felt an intense heat swirling between their close proximity, and it made her heart beat faster. Kaden's character was flirting, and she liked it.

There was something about the costume, perhaps the leather that brought out a bolder confidence and swagger for Kaden. She watched as the shorter woman's pulse jumped beneath the tender flesh. The succulent and smooth neck beckoned her. A part of her wanted to ravish the woman right here but not like this --- not as Tempest --- at least not yet. Hmm, I wonder if she's ever had fantasies about Tempest. Reaching up with a free hand, she pulled the goggles down from her face, and eyes locked on to one another.

Jess' breath hitched as she saw the storm of emotions within those haunting orbs. "The colors are darker," she commented softly. She laid a hand gently upon Kaden's cheek, and then tenderly brushed the fingers down the neck to the top of the royal blue shirt collar. The passion and desire in those eyes were clearly evident, and it made Jess' stomach clench.

Somehow, Kaden managed to unlock the door with the key card, and pushed it open. She quickly grabbed Jess around the waist as the shorter woman lost her balance from leaning on the door. They both sort of stumbled inside. "You okay?" Kaden softly asked.

"Yeah, sorry," Jess responded as they each stepped back from the embrace.

"Have a seat, and I'll change so we can go to dinner."

The strawberry blonde surveyed the room briefly before sitting on the edge of one of the two queen beds. There were clothes and gear lying randomly on the one mattress which made it obvious that Jess was sleeping in the other one closer to the large bay window. She silently watched under hooded eyes as she tried to make it seem like she wasn't staring, but she couldn't help the fact that she truly did want to stare. First the gauntlet gloves came off, then the sword rung from out of its sheath on her back. Next the vest was peeled off. Jess held her breath as the shirt hit the floor. The play of muscles that flexed on the naked abdomen and arms made her core ignite. She was caught staring at that moment, and she quickly turned her head making like she had to clear her throat.

Kaden smiled. Hmm, I would say she likes what she sees. "Would you like some water?" she asked as she unbuckled the boots, kicked them off, and then proceeded to undo the black leather pants.

"Uh sure." Jess responded while gazing at the floor.

The raven haired beauty grabbed a bottle from the mini fridge and meandered over to her friend only wearing boxer shorts and a sport bra. She crouched down and tilted her head seeking the forest green eyes. "I figured you were used to women in all manners of undress from your years in the army. Am I making you uncomfortable?" she toyed.

The strawberry blonde didn't know how to respond. Eyes darted back and forth from one random object in the room to another as the thoughts fled through her head. "I have seen women in the barracks. I just...." Damn it, do I just tell her what she is doing to me? I want so badly to touch her. I want to see how many varying shades of colors can appear in those orbs.

"Jess?" Kaden softly started as she gently lifted a chin to look into her eyes.

"I uhhh....it's that I...."

"Hey K," began the voice of the older woman who just walked through the adjoining room's connecting door, "are you interested...? Oh shit." The woman stood there flustered.

With a sigh, Kaden said, "Jess this is my agent, Margaret. Margaret this is my friend Jess." Running a hand through raven locks, she asked with a heavy sigh, "So what did you need?"

"I'm sorry K; I didn't expect you'd have a guest. It's really not important. Uhh...see you tomorrow." The salt and peppered haired woman quickly excused herself.

The two friends hung their head in silence for a few seconds. "I'm going to take a quick shower. You think about what kind of food you're in the mood for, and we'll take it from there. Sound good?"

"Sure," Jess answered with the best smile she could muster.

**************

The small authentic Mexican restaurant was one of Kaden's favorites. The food was beyond delicious and not too spicy. The eatery was situated far enough out of the way of tourists and Con fans, just at the edge of a Latino neighborhood.

"Thanks again for agreeing to have dinner with me. It beats ordering pizza and sitting in the hotel room, and it's really nice to see you." Kaden declared with a grin as she proceeded to take another swig of the dark cold brew.

Leaning forward, she said in a low voice, "I must say it was definitely a shock to finally find out who the author of Tempest is."

"Are you disappointed?"

"Hell no," she said dipping a tortilla chip in the queso. "I would say the opposite. I'm elated."

"Really."

"Oh yes," Jess answered in a sultry purr.

The waiter stopped to pick up their empty plates. "Algos mas senoritas?"

"Dos flan, por favor," Kaden requested.

He nodded and left with the dishes.

"You placed your order earlier in Spanish and now the dessert. Are you fluent?" Jess asked.

"I guess you could say I'm fluent enough to get around. I grew up in a Latino neighborhood and so I picked up on it. Also took it in high school. How about you? Speak any languages?"

"I'm fluent in Spanish. Took it in college, and again in the army." The strawberry blonde pushed a lock of hair behind her ear, and absently brushed the facial scar with the back of her fingers. It suddenly made her more conscious of it. She tried to push the negative rambling out of her mind. "So, why do you work at UPS in addition to being an author?" She then whispered, "And why do you keep your identity hidden?"

Kaden chuckled. "I work because it gives me an opportunity to watch people and therefore gives me ideas for characters or scenes. I've been with UPS since high school. My father worked for them all of his life. So I was lucky to start out with a good rep through him. Only in the past few years did I switch to part-time so that I can do more writing and drawing." She dug into her dessert and watched how much Jess was enjoying her own. The small mews of delight coming from the blonde made her core twitch. Tearing her gaze away from the woman, she was grateful for the sunglasses she wore. "I...stay out of the limelight because I don't like the attention. I don't need it, I don't crave it, and I don't want to be distracted from what is really important."

"And what is that?"

The raven haired woman cocked her head in thought. "No one has ever asked me, so it's hard to put into words." Kaden took another swig of beer. "I guess hope....and self-confidence....and courage."

"So basically Tempest herself," Jess added. "You're trying to reach children, teens, and whoever else with that message."

"Yeah, I guess I am."

"That's beautiful." They sat silent for a few minutes and the waiter brought Jess another large margarita.

Kaden decided to take the opportunity to be playful. "Be careful there. They say tequila makes your clothes fall off."

"Maybe that's what I'm hoping for," Jess countered with a mischievous grin, and almost made the raven haired woman choke on her beer.

***************

The two friends walked the neighborhood for a little while hoping to extend their time together. The surprising cooler night air suddenly made Jess shiver. She had not planned on still being in the city, so she didn't bring a different shirt but she was glad it turned out this way. She really enjoyed her friend's company and the humorous banter they seemed to easily fall into with one another. Lost in her musings, a sudden warmth softly enveloped her. Kaden draped the brown and tan flannel shirt she had been wearing, over Jess' shoulders. The shorter woman inhaled the sweet earthy shower soap scent that lingered on the material. "Thank you," she said with a smile.

Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,412 Followers