High School Never Ends Ch. 05

Story Info
Jock bullies classmate senior year.
11k words
4.73
73.9k
72

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/08/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Darkhime
Darkhime
345 Followers

Red stilettos clicked along the marble floors. The constant rapping her companion as she moved purposefully down the empty hallway lined with doors.

She did not want to be here.

Determined, she let the sound of her heels keep her distracted from the thoughts of what brought her here, to this moment in her life, and continued forward. With her back straight, head high, and her displeasure clear on her face, she pushed past her fear and uncertainty as she pushed through the door at the end of the hall.

There was no knock when she entered. The click of the door handle was the only alert he received before she walked in. He watched from behind his mahogany desk as she audaciously entered his office. It amused him how she moved about as if she owned the building and was here to tell him how to run things and not the other way around.

She was here because of him. Because he had the upper hand in this situation, not her and he was going to make damn sure she knew it.

"I'm waiting for whatever bullshit reason you have for calling me all the way out here out of the blue."

He smirked. She hadn't been in the room a full thirty seconds before the words had left her mouth. She was still stunning he noted, taking in her trim statuesque form and dark radiant skin. He let his eyes travel over her while she stood there like an avenging goddess. Her breasts were barely visible in the V-neck blouse she wore, but the memory of them being pliant under his hands and the taste of each dark nipple was clearly present in his mind. He could see the soft curves of her hips where the slacks she wore draped across them and his fingers itched to reach for her, but he clenched them tight, one fist supporting his chiseled chin, the other resting, deceptively, on the desk. In due time he would have his hands on her again, he told himself before bringing his eyes back to her almond shaped ones. Her dark hair and grown longer since he had last saw her, the straight strands framing, what was normally an angelic face, but currently had the set determination of an Amazonian warrior.

"Please sit. It's been so long since I last saw you." His voice was pleasant enough. It had been nearly 20 years since he last saw her and to see her now, in the flesh, affected him more than he thought it would.

"I wonder why." She did not move to sit. Disdain dripped from her words and the two glared icily at each other however he was undeterred by her annoyance and decided to use a different tactic.

"Come now, you can't honestly say, after all this time, you haven't thought about us, the nights we've shared, how we used to talk, used to laugh used to... kiss." His words had the desired effect. Memories flooded her of late nights and long days, his teasing caresses, and the sweet words he whispered. Their summer in Spain was a fairytale for her, although there was no happily ever after ending. She would never verbally admit it, but she did think of him often. He was her first love.

Her only love.

Not that he would ever find out.

If she were being completely honest with herself, she almost came up short when she saw him again for the first time. His sun kissed skin gave him a healthy glow and she remembered how many thought he was anything other than the black man that he was because of his light complexion. It was something he took in stride, he was always taught to be proud of not only his heritage, but of himself as a black man and anything he owned. It was why he spent as much time working out his body, as he did working at the office or dating the type of women that he did. It was why he drove the car he had or why he lived in the house that he did. Everything was a reflection of him and he was proud of everything he did. As he sat calmly behind the wood desk, she knew the relaxed pose he had belied his true nature, his tensing muscles beneath the expensive designer suit was the only tell he had revealing the predator beneath. It was those tells she had to look out for. Maybe if she had known about them, about his true nature sooner, her fairy tell may not have turned into a nightmare.

"If you're only going to waste my time, I'll just leave." The words were out of her mouth before she could think better of it. The flexing of his strong jaw the only give away that she had erred, but rather than back down, she made to leave.

Strong arms wrapped around her middle before she could even move for the door. Kicking her feet she hooked her nails into the forearms of her assailant. Clawing her way up his arms she cried out in indignation at the sharp pain in her neck." When her struggles ceased, the arms let her go and she was suddenly unsteady on her feet. Her vision blurred as she began to quickly lose focus and control of her surroundings.

"No you won't." His voice was calm, steady but it sounded distorted to her ears.

"What did you do?" She was getting weaker by the second as she collapsed against the body behind her, his strong arms no longer holding her captive but upright. He was on her then, tilting her head back so she would be forced to look him in the eyes.

"I'm not going to let you leave me again Jasmine. It took me 18 years to find you and bring you back to me and I'm not letting you get away this time."

The battle lost, her world faded into darkness as she was gently handed to the man before her. His strong arms tenderly carried her to a secret room within his office.

******************************************************************

Five days.

Skye hadn't seen her mother in five days and she hadn't spoken to her in four. It was while she was dealing with her own tumultuous emotions brought on by her mom's unexpected departure, that she also had to deal with Daniel's overt flirting and Nickolas' pissy attitude due to it. Constantly walking on eggshells around Nickolas in an effort to not upset him and figuring out the many ways she could dodge Daniel in another attempt to avoid upsetting Nickolas was exhausting. A lot of her time was spent dealing with the two of them and she could feel her energy being sucked from her body. There just wasn't enough left. Not enough time. Not enough energy for Skye to cope with the sudden disappearing act her mother, the woman who was always there, the woman who had never abandoned her before, had pulled.

She was lonely and overwhelmed...

And nearing her breaking point.

Maybe that was why she was now outside Nickolas's sanctuary. Staring at the grand double doors through the rain drops distorting her vision, she thought she could blame her being there on temporary insanity. The lack of sleep and the amount of stress she was under due to the sudden changes in her life could definitely make a person due crazy things. It was the only reason she had for standing there, in the middle of the night, in the pouring rain.

How much was she supposed to suffer, was to endure before she did something drastic, irrational even, she wondered. Could she really be blamed for seeking comfort from the only other being that recognized she existed. Forget that he forced himself on her, blackmailed her, was cold and insensitive towards her. Her mother was gone and Nickolas...

Well he wasn't.

Before she could even make her presence known, her knuckle posed to rap on the stained wood, the door opened and Nickolas stood on the other side, eyes narrowing, he frowned when he saw her standing there in the downpour. Her brown almond shaped eyes widened, her lips slightly parted as the gasp of surprise left them.

Was it a coincidence that he opened the door right as she was going to knock?

"Skye, what are you doing out here? It's pouring."

She stood there, letting the cold waters baptize her from the heavens. She could her the concern, the confusion in his voice, but it seemed distant to her somehow, as if she were removed from the situation, and she did not respond to him. His arms were around her then, swiftly takin her from the downpour and bringing her to the warmth inside. His frown deepened when he saw her in the light. Her curls, drenched from the rain, hung loosely around a face that looked too thin, and empty brown eyes framed by dark circles looked back at him. She was thinner than he would've liked, taking in how her clothes molded to her every curve, but hung loosely in areas where it should've been fitted. Even still, at her worst, she was still beautiful. A beautiful broken angel, cast out from her sanctuary, unjustly, and left alone to, unsuccessfully, fend off the demons that came her way.

"Skye."

The agitation in his voice was clear. He didn't like her looking so small and defeated although he couldn't explain to himself why that was.

His forehead rested against hers as he inhaled deep to calm himself. He wasn't sure if his agitation was stemming from that or the fact that she still hadn't answered his question and Nickolas was not one to repeat himself, or if it was seeing her in this traumatized state, but try as she might, words would not form on her lips. Maybe it was due to the amount of isolation she'd had without her mother around to talk to and no-one to visit her. She had hardly spoken a word to any one, choosing instead to reserve her words for the numerous voice messages she left.

She had a feeling, a bad feeling, over the last two days, that something was terribly wrong and she couldn't shake it. Nightmares filled with all kinds of terrors befalling her mother kept her from sleeping at night and she hardly ate the entire week. It was taking its toll.

She was weak and vulnerable and exhausted from worry and lack of sleep. Nickolas' continued display of inner strength and control was something she so desperately craved. In this moment, he was all she had, and he may be a son-of-a bitch, but she would take solace in any form of comfort she could get. She was done pretending everything was fine when it wasn't.

Nickolas watched her lips as Skye attempted to form words, but they began to tremble instead. The tears were next followed quickly by her sobs. She couldn't make herself answer him. She didn't want to admit what she needed. That he was what she needed. The sobs wracked her body as she fought her own emotions, her internal battle now manifesting externally. He brought her trembling form to him, cradling her as she broke down.

The tears wouldn't stop falling, staining her coppery cheeks and soaking his own bared skin as she cried.

And still he held her.

Stroking her hair, he whispered words that he thought would be soothing as her hands gripped at his shoulders, using him to hold her up, pull him closer, he was unsure. But as her nails continued to dig deeper in his shoulders and her anguished cries continued, he began recognized his role in this moment. He was somehow a lifeline for her like she was drowning, clinging to any ounce of stability and strength she could find and he could give her that, if nothing else.

Lost in her own despair, Skye barely registered that Nickolas had lifted her in his arms and carried her to his room. Not bothering to turn on a light, he carefully undressed her in the darkness, removing the drenched fabric before covering her in a shirt of his own. It was a strange moment of privacy and intimacy. She could make herself believe she was alone with her tears and not where he could see even though the gentleness in which he undressed and redressed her body made her feel anything but isolated. Now laid in his bed her emotions still running askew, he held her until her sobs settled into sniffles. Full lips lightly traced her face running over her temples, skimming her nose, grazing her close eye lids before placing sweet tender kisses upon her lips. As he cradled her body in his, one muscled thigh draped across her hip, her mind began to slip, her last conscious thought was of how she hadn't felt this secure in a long time.

***********************************

"I need you to watch her for me."

Whispered words reached her ears as the last remnants of sleep left her. Skye didn't know what woke her up, the chill in the room or the voices just outside the door.

"Seriously Nick? What is going on, its three in the morning." They tried to keep their voices hushed, however the frustrated whispers could still be clearly heard on the other side of the door.

"Damn it Daniel, you weren't here. You didn't see her. It was as close to a nervous break that I've ever seen up close and personal. I don't want her alone, while I go and try to figure out what happened."

"Dude...What do you expect to find out at three in the fucking morning? You're being irrational." Daniel's voice began to rise in his frustration to match Nickolas'. She sat up then, clutching the blankets as she listened intently.

"Daniel!"

"Nickolas!" Daniel mimicked his frustrated whisper. Nick was going to have to work harder than that if he wanted Daniel to baby sit at three am.

It looked like he wouldn't be disappointed.

When the word spewed from Nickolas' mouth full of disdain and frustration, Daniel could hardly believe it. One word was Nickolas' trump card on him, a trump card that could only be used once. It was Daniel's atonement for what he had done two years ago.

"Waylee."

"Are you sure you wanna use Waylee on this?" Daniel was honestly shocked that Nickolas would use that on this.

"Are you gonna follow through or not?"

"Fine, but I'm taking the bed... with her in it." The glare that was sent Daniel's way was enough to make anyone want to second guess their current choice to rile him up, however Daniel was unperturbed, fully reluctant to be there at this time, but not concerned with Nickolas' silent threat. Flashing a brilliant smile Nickolas' way, they both entered the bedroom following the sound of Skye's voice as she called out to Nickolas.

Her voice was soft and husky with sleep. "It's okay Skye, Daniel is going to stay with you while I go out for a little while." He was squatting eye level with her and she laid back on the bed while he spoke. Daniel began to undress, removing his shirt and jeans while they spoke, before sliding in the bed behind her, his muscular arm draping around her waist to spoon.

"Dude she's fine, I got her. Go" Hesitantly, Nickolas departed. He had an idea of what caused Skye to loose it, he just needed proof so he could handle it.

************************

It was a few hours later when Nickolas and not much closer to proving his theory. As much as he hated to admit it, Daniel had a valid point. It was too early (or too late) to do any type of investigative work and yield any fruit. He knew what he need was locked away in a safe and he would have better access to it if the owner were away at work.

Undressing, he wanted nothing more than to immediately crawl into the warmth of his own bed, but he stopped short at the sight of Skye asleep in Daniel's arms, her curls spread across his shoulder and neck as her head and hand rested on his chest. Her toffee skin nearly glowed from the moonlight outside the window.

She was beautiful.

He didn't quite know how to feel about Daniel's arm draped protectively around her waist and he didn't want to think about it either. His head hurt enough as it was without him trying to decipher his own emotions. Instead he slipped into the bed on the other side of Skye, careful not to wake her. In her sleep, she rolled out of Daniel's embrace and into Nickolas' warmth.

Lost in his own thoughts, his arms wrapped around her body, pulling her even further on his chest. As Daniel awoke, Nickolas brought his index finger to his lips, stopping Daniel from saying anything. When he moved to leave, Nickolas hand, once again stopped Daniel, this time from leaving the bed the three of them now shared.

Nickolas knew Daniel had been bonding with Skye while he was at practice. It relaxed and agitated him to know there was someone else she could be with and to know that person could offer her just as much as he could. Did he want to share her with Daniel? The thought of sharing her with anyone else brought forth the more irrational and hot headed part of his nature.

No, he decided he did not want to share Skye.

But could he prevent it? He had absolutely no reason to break up the routine they had developed while he was away at practice, however this was different. Skye was different. And he was changing. Granted he was still a selfish bastard, but he wanted to give everything he could to the sleeping girl in his arms and he understood Daniel could provide what he couldn't. It was what balanced the two of them so well in their friendship over the years, their differences. And it was these same differences that unsettled with him, taunting him while he slept.

*******************************

She was alone in Nickolas' bed when she woke, feeling more than a little embarrassed for showing up in the middle of the night, unannounced, and on the verge of a breakdown thanks to the disappearing act her mother pulled.

Her mind had been running a thousand miles a minute and pure exhaustion was the only reason she had fallen asleep last night. For the five days her mother had been gone, She had been gone, Skye had only slept for two. The lack of phone calls drove her to sleepless nights filled with worry and anxiety. The days were no better. It's what led her to Nickolas. Her uncertainty in this new reality, her fear, it all led her to seek some type of stability.

And Nickolas was definitely sturdy.

The gentle tapping brought her attention away from the ceiling fan, and to the man standing in the entrance with a tray of food.

Daniel.

He was another enigma in this equation of how many poor life choices she could make in a twenty-four hour time span. He seemed to be the complete opposite of Nickolas and yet, against all odds, they were the best of friends. It was weird. Nickolas was cold, austere, aloof even and Daniel he was friendly, engaging, and disarming. He actually seemed to liked people, where Nickolas only tolerated them and yet, somehow, they were both equally charming, when the occasion called for it. She just didn't get it. And the list of things she didn't get was growing exponentially by the day. The kiss Daniel gave her, the kiss that gave her butterflies, even now cause her stomach to flutter at its memory, Nickolas' hot and cold attitude, Daniel's attention to all details concerning, these were all on her list. And as she continued to appraise him, standing in the doorway, appreciating his athletic build and chiseled features, Skye couldn't help but wonder what other qualities he may share with Nickolas in bed.

"Where's Nickolas?" She needed to get her mind away from where it was headed. Those thoughts wouldn't do her any good at the moment.

Maybe later a girl could dream, but not now.

"Sorry doll, you're stuck with me today. Nick had some errands to run, said he'd be out most of the day. Didn't say where though." He shrugged, unfazed at his lack of knowledge on Nickolas' whereabouts while he had to babysit.

"I brought you breakfast in bed." And as he drew near, Skye was able to see the assortment of food be brought her. An array of grapes, strawberries, and pineapples instantly caught her eye. Buttered toast, scrambled eggs, and bacon made her mouth water and she could hardly disguise the eager grumble from her stomach as she stared ravenously at the platter.

"You made this?" Voice incredulous, as she picked a particularly crispy piece of bacon to sample.

"Oh God, it's real bacon." No longer incredulous, she moaned at every bite she took. "You have no idea how much I missed real bacon. I've been stuck having to eat turkey bacon for years."

"I am to please."

As she continued to indulge in the fruits of Daniel's labor, she tried to picture Nickolas cooking for her. The thought of seeing him in an apron made her nearly choke on the grape she had popped in her mouth only moments before.

Darkhime
Darkhime
345 Followers