Highland Magic Ch. 26

Story Info
Ready to die.
741 words
4.79
12.6k
2

Part 26 of the 34 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 04/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the middle of the night, as all in the MacPhearson keep slept, Cien sent his page out to his men. Be ready at first light, and when everyone gathered in the inner bailey, attack. No reservations except women and children. Frasers never touched the women or children.

Cien paced the hall as everyone started to wake. Serving wenches were setting platters of fruit tarts, oat cakes and fresh ale on the tables. Men were scratching their beards and waking up from a long nights rest.

Cien watched and paced.

Alex clapped him hard on the back and laughed. "So anxious to see the burning cousin?" Cien nodded. "Aye, will cleanse my soul it will." Alex gave him a sideways glance before the commotion at the top of the stairs brought his attention to it.

There she was, in all her glory. The stupid bitch was struggling with the guards, throwing her body into it. He had to hand it to her. She really was making it difficult for the guards to haul her down to her pyre. After her little incident with the dagger, he wasn't about to get close to her. He'd hadn't any contact with her until yesterday when he saw Cien with her.

She was clean now, her hair light and flowing against her face as she struggled. He wished it didn't have to be this way. She would have been feisty in bed. With a sad shake of his head and a sigh, he grew tired of watching the soldiers struggle. "Haul the bitch down!"

His shout was followed by others. They all gathered behind Alex and Cien, watching the guards struggle with her. They finally got her down the stairs and dragged her kicking and screaming past Cien and himself. Her face was red and her breath was coming in ragged pants.

"I'm not a witch!" She screamed over and over again. As they opened the door and dragged her out the door, she screamed one loud and ragged scream. If he hadn't been a God fearing man, he would have said she was truly innocent. But seeing as what she did to Cien, he knew she was a witch.

"Shut her up!" Alex yelled.

The soldiers dropped her just outside the door in the mud and the one on her right kicked her hard in the stomach. She doubled over and clutched her stomach. She fell to her side, her face scrunched and red, trying desperately to bring air into her lungs. She must have managed better than he thought, because Cien didn't even realize she'd gotten enough air to scream, but she had, and it was long and pain filled. Sorrowful as if she knew she was going to die, and there was nothing anyone could do to help her.

He took a step forward, unknowingly, waiting to get to her, to save her from the pain she must be experiencing.

"Get her up on the pyre!!" Alex shouted from next to him.

The soldiers bent and each picked up an arm, and began to drag her toward the wood pyre that had been built in the court yard at Alex's command the night before. There were dozens of people standing about waiting for the event.

As they got close, people began to scream obsenities at Regan. And that was when she was lucky. Most threw rotten meat and vegetables, spitting and cursing her. By the time she was strapped to the wooden stake, she was ready to give up.

Cien could see her lack of hope on her face.

She truly was ready to die.

She closed her eyes and threw her head skyward. Cien didn't know what she was doing until he got close enough.

"Heavenly father, who art in heaven... Hallowed be thy name..." Cien stopped and stared at her. She was praying? "Forgive my trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us... Lead us not unto temptation but deliver us from evil..." Cien glanced about him, and knew it was growing too late. If his men didn't act soon...

They had better act soon.

The crowed grew silent and stared behind him. Turning, Cien clenched his fists in anger. Alex was walking up from behind him, a lit torch in his hand. He was looking at Regan as if he wanted to watch the flesh peel from her bones.

Christ almighty.

The men had better be there soon...