Highland Pack Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mercul looked worried, "He's Nemrya, dangerous. Are you sure you want to anger a demon?"

"Part demon; He is as defenseless as they come. He has never allowed his monster to be free, because he fears him. Besides, he can't hurt us once he's dead. That freak will be the only one I kill." Myles hissed.

Mercul smiled at his cohort thinking, Wait until Master comes. You will see the wrath of a pure demon. Myles was silent. Mercul slinked away. He had to report in.

Myles wanted to rule. He wanted control. Matthias was no leader, this was his coven. He wasn't worried, because everyone had some degree of prejudice inside. He waited as Mercul rambled on and just as he was about to snap when his phone rang. He answered because as he had hoped, China called back. Within the hour, he had heard from Russia. They agreed, those abominations needed to be destroyed. All he needed was to hear from Russia and Kabul.

*******

Matthias and Valkyre were headed to Brynn's home for the ceremonies. Stork and Belinda would join them. Matthias was amazed that he maintained his glamour. He wondered about his brother. His brother glamour had yet to fade. For the first time, his brother seemed truly happy. He loved it. All Matthias wanted was for Stork to be content. He wondered could Stork go back to his demon form and recover his new form. He'd ask. He also knew the dragons were working on a way to heal his brother. For that they had to be patient.

At Brynn's estate, Stork and Matthias arrived with their mates. Brynn and Cali greeted them as did their uncle. Stuart welcomed them. Maddie hugged both men so tightly.

She mothered the two men shamelessly, and much to their surprise, they enjoyed the attention. Their mates did not escape Mother Maddie. She took both males to task about their women. Stuart just smiled. Brynn had never seen his servant smile so much. His aunt was in her element. She'd always wanted cubs, now it seemed she had four new ones.

Soon the ceremony for Stuart and Maddie began. Valkyre and Belinda cried from tears of simple joy for the much older couple. Stork and Matthias watched with a great sense of pride. They had not known their uncle for long, but the bond they shared was unbreakable. Both men happy were for their uncle. After the ceremony, Stork and Belinda returned to the compound.

Matthias and Valkyre returned with them but explained to Alpha Andrew and Gao that they needed to go home. Their son missed them and it was past time. Stork was a bit saddened, but he would be alright. Besides his uncle was here and he could call on him and his new aunt anytime he needed to.

Val and Matt vanished back home but not before, Matt was certain Stork and Belinda were safe. Stork held his wife close. Soon, his skin became redder, his horns returned. The glamour had worn off. Belinda held on to him even closer.

*****

Meanwhile, Andrew received a call from a pack alpha in Switzerland. He was concerned because of rumors he had been hearing. Andrew was tired now. He called his betas and visiting betas in. They listened in on the calls. The message was clear, the pack was under attack.

Gao was meeting with Caitlyn as she explained that one of their guards captured a dragon spying on the house. It was a former member of Ming. Soon Kade entered escorting a woman Gao had not seen in years.

"Inuit, what are you doing here?" Gao asked.

Inuit laughed, "Apparently, I'm here to be punished. You can't go flying without being accused of a crime. Is this what your world has come to Gao, restricting creatures from being free?" Inuit taunted.

Gao was silent. Then she faced her, "Why are you here, Inuit?"

Inuit scoffed at her. Caitlyn moved, but Gao signaled for her to sit. Kade stood aside and waited. His dragon watched carefully. She was faking. He watched her as she slept on his sofa. Inuit was amazing. He was harsh with her, and even though she masked he knew his words hurt her. However, Inuit had a problem. She was operating under the idea that she would be allowed to return to the blood sucker. She was wrong. Kade knew she belonged with him.

"Why am I here? Really? I'm here because I have nowhere else to go. I am here because the man I was to spend eternity with died because of you." She hissed.

Gao faced her. "He was my brother, and I loved him. He was sick, Inuit, ill. I begged him to stop and he chose to cause a war." She exhaled. "You blame me, yet it was not my fault."

Inuit stood and screamed, "You doubted him. You never believed in Kulkrit. It was you that told the Scottish Laird of his plan." She cried, and for some reason Gao felt bad for her.

"I'm sorry; I don't know what to say." Gao paused. Then Caitlyn spoke. "Inuit, this is not Gao's fault. Kulkrit made his choice."

Inuit faced the female dragon of the MacLean Clan, but before she could speak, Kade stood. Her dragon submitted instantly. Without missing a beat, Zara rushed in looking for her mother. "Mommy, I need a hug." She declared. Goa gasped. The child was absolutely beautiful, despite her mixed heritage. Inuit could not help but smile, as she stared at the little girl, stunned. Despite her anger at Gao, she could not say something that would damage a child.

Soon Zara spotted her and smiled.

Gao, hugged her daughter and introduced her guest, "Zara, this is Inuit; she is dragon."

Zara smiled, "Hi. You look like Mama. Are you going to live here with us now?" She asked.

Inuit could not help but smile, "No sweetheart, I'm only here for a visit."

Zara looked so disappointed, but then Caitlyn spoke. "Zara, would you like to go to the castle. I'm taking Dreya and Haven with me. We can make it girl's day."

Zara smiled and asked, "Hunter and Champ won't come?"

Caitlyn laughed, "No boys, now go play and let us finish our meeting." She hugged the baby and sent her out.

Inuit was quiet. "She is beautiful, Gao. You are blessed." She stood." I'll be gone before the day is over. Goodbye." She stood to leave when Kade stopped her. Caitlyn and Gao shared a look. Kade was very controlled, but his reaction to Inuit was clear. She was someone he was interested in. She was not going anywhere.

Gao stopped. She looked at her former clan member. She remembered how her brother used this woman. Often, she would try to buffet his abuse, but in the end she was just as guilty as he was. The thing is, as Laird of the Clan, he could get away with it. But that did not make it right.

She opened her mouth to speak when Inuit spoke.

"He loved me, you know." She looked out of a window. "I was with him before the final battle, and he looked at me. He said," She closed her eyes, remembering his last words to her, Inuit, you stupid bitch, get out! This kingdom needs someone to help make us powerful once more. When I kill MacLean, I will reestablish our kingdom. I need to find a decent woman to help me rule. "He sent me home, but I knew we would marry and start our own family. You don't know what it's like to not have a home, Gao. You have no idea." Inuit stopped.

"I don't know what he said to you, but I can imagine what it was." Gao sighed. "He was sick and you deserved better, Inuit." She looked at Kade. Something in his demeanor was different, secretive. Goa wondered, but right now having Inuit here and trying to see what she was up to took priority. She decided to keep her thoughts to herself at this point.

Caitlyn and Gao shared a look. Kade stood near the door, his dragon wanting to comfort this beautiful woman. Yet he knew she would reject him. She did not want him. She was in love with a ghost.

Caitlyn spoke, "So, what do you plan to do, Inuit? Why are you here?"

Inuit looked at the two women and smiled. "You will pay. As we speak, there are things in motion. You, Gao, will learn what it is like to lose everything. You and this abomination of a pack will die." She hissed.

Caitlyn moved when Kade entered. "Inuit, come with me," He ordered.

Inuit started to refuse, but he caught her by her arm and escorted her from the room. She tried to argue, but Kade was not hearing it. "You are not stupid. You are with the Laird of this land and you spew threats. One word, and you will be destroyed Inuit. For once, shut up."

Gao sent to Andrew. Andrew was already aware of the threat, but sent waves of calmness to his mate. He and the betas had a plan of attack just in the event that something like this happened. Surprisingly, the Americas, and Africa joined with him and were ready to fight.

****

Meanwhile, the beta meeting ended. Several groups went out on patrol. As usual, Gina went off on her own. He called. Gina stopped; her wolf clearly excited. However, after the changes at Jackson, she knew she had a choice. Pulling away from the bold male, she headed out. The men shared a look, as their friend followed her.

"Gina, stop. I apologize. This is new to me. I have never met a woman that fascinated me so. You are everything I have dreamed of in my future mate. You are beautiful, wise, brave, and loving.

Gina stopped and faced him. "How do you know this? You have no clue who or what I am? You have no idea of the things I have been through." Gina sighed, listen, Baako, I'm flattered really. My wolf likes you. But I am not ready for a relationship. I want to be left alone."

She walked away. Baako's wolf howled in despair for his wolf was rejecting him. Calm, my friend. Our mate is shy. It's obvious that she has been hurt. She will come around. We will win her over. His beast calmed as his brothers joined him.

Two things were obvious. One, was his mate was no pushover. The second thing was his mate had been hurt somehow. Baako decided that after this threat was handled, he was winning her heart. Baako followed her. "Who hurt you? Who destroyed your ability to trust?" He asked.

Gina looked at him. He was so handsome, so strong that a woman could simply surrender, but surrendering was not an option for someone like her. She had to fight. She had to be strong. Besides, Baako was returning to Africa and eventually she'd return home. There was no future with him.

Baako smiled, "Little one, I see you doubt me. But know this, in my country you're a queen. When we defeat this enemy, and I take you home, you will be treated like the true queen that you are. You will never have to fear being alone again." He was so close, he smelled heavenly. All Gina had to do was lean forward and she'd be in his embrace. Just one tiny move and he'd be holding her.

Gina closed her eyes and for a few seconds, she was the carefree girl that needed to be rescued, then in the distance a pup yelped, and she opened her eyes. Stepping back, she looked at him. "I'm not what you want. Baako, go chose someone else." She turned to walk away when he caught her hand.

"Gina, give me a chance. Get to know me." He whispered.

Gina sighed, "My past. I don't..." She paused.

Baako smiled. This beautiful shy woman had no reason to feel such shame. As her mate, he would love her until she learned to love herself. To him, Gina was everything he prayed for, and he was convincing her to take a chance on him. "Gina, let me be the judge of that." He kissed her knuckles. "Go, I'll see you later." Then he waited as she continued on her quest.

*****

In the meantime, Mera was worried. Although Emilie told her Shawn was probably fine, it was unlike him to not contact her. Her wolf sensed that something was wrong. She needed to go on a hunt.

As the pack patrolled, Mera searched for any trace of her friend. Closing her eyes, she tried to send to him. She had never called out to any dragon before and she was certain that he would not hear her, but she called anyway.

Shawn, Shawn, answer me. Where are you? Mera sent

She waited and heard no response. It hurt, but she never expected a response. She was silent as her friends whispered. Suddenly, Mera gasped, as she clearly heard Shawn scream. He needed her. Mera called her alpha. She needed to go to the city. She had to find her friend.

As Conor was also issuing orders, he missed the young dragon, Shawn. Conor felt cold. One of his dragons had vanished. Shawn, answer me. He called. He no longer sensed a connection to him. Conor immediately sent a team to search.

Mera shook. Something was wrong.Madam Gao, my friend Shawn is missing. Something has happened to him. May I go search? Please. Mera sent frantically. Gao felt her fear, but right now, she had to protect the pack. She sent to Caitlyn who assured her that the dragons were searching for Shawn, then she sent to Mera.

Mera, I have alerted Mistress MacLean. It's not safe for you to travel alone. I promise you when I hear back from Caitlyn, I will inform you of their actions. If it's troubling news, then we will all search for your dragon. I cannot allow you to go now. We must allow the dragons a chance to intervene first. Gao explained.

Madam Gao, please! She pleaded.

Mera, Caitlyn says they have dragons searching. Now, I need you to report home. We must secure the castle. Gao ordered.

Mera froze. She had a decision to make. She needed to find him, yet Madam Gao told her no. If she left Alpha Andrew would punish her. But Shawn was out there somewhere, hurt. Mera made a decision. Closing her bond with her alphas and her mother, Mera headed to the city to find her friend.

Shawn don't worry. I'm coming. She sent, scared when there was no response. She heard him once. She had to make sure she would talk to him again.

*****

So Mera defied her Madam Alpha. I wonder how Gao will deal with her defiance. We'll find out in the next chapter. I hope you enjoyed the story. Please share your thoughts.

IR2R

12