Highland Pack Ch. 06

Story Info
Things settle down.
9.7k words
4.79
7.5k
9

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/27/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

Welcome to chapter 6. I hope you enjoy it.

Madrick pondered. In his entire existence, he was never really allowed to run free. He understood, and he never really blamed his vampire family. He thought of his father, Ezra. He was harsh, but honest. He never lied to him, nor did he sugarcoat answers when questioned.

Madrick remembered Stork crying after a particularly hard day. Ezra came home and found him hiding in the study.

"Come here, boy." Ezra called.

Stork nervously climbed out of his hiding place and stood before the only parent he knew. He was still sniffling, but trying to stop the tears.

"What's wrong?" Ezra asked. He already knew. He was well aware of how his son was seen.

Stork answered, "They hate me here. Why didn't you just send me away?" He asked.

Ezra stood and moved to sit in front of him. He looked deep into his dark eyes. He took a deep breath as if he was thinking about how to word his reply. Then he spoke. Those words shaped Stork into the man he would become. Unbeknownst to everyone else, they also shaped ReNuz as well.

"People are people, son, human and nonhuman, are the same. No one has to like you, though some will. Many will dislike you on sight. The secret is finding the ones that care for you regardless and hold on to them. You are not on the earth for people to like; you are on this earth for a specific reason. One day, you'll know what that reason is. Until then, watch and learn, Stork. Watch and learn. Not everyone who smiles at you is your friend. On the other hand, just because someone is not outwardly friendly, that does not make them your enemy." Ezra paused. "You want to know why I kept you. You're my son. That's the end of it. Nothing changes that. Remember that from now on, OK. Now, I have work and I know you have school work to finish. Go!" He ordered. Stork looked at his father. He smiled a crooked smile and then scurried out of his office not feeling as bad as he had before, but now feeling a bit stronger.

Madrick shook his head. He had to dislodge that memory. If somehow, RaNul learned of it, he'd use that against him somehow. He now knew what his reason for being was. He had to protect his family from the demon that sired him. Accepting this new knowledge, Stork decided to fight. He was a Caspian, and that was enough to face any foe.

*****

Mera sat with Shawn. He was better. He was remembering more now. Conor wanted to talk to him. Shawn had direct contact with RaNul, maybe he could remember something RaNul let slip.

Conor could no longer wait. It was obvious that Stork had somehow connected with the demon half of his makeup. Stuart was worried that RaNul now had a negative influence over his nephew. Stork had shut out the pack and the dragon clan completely.

Conor was wrong though. Madrick took precautions to make sure RaNul had no reason to target them. These people gave him a chance when he felt he had no one. They took his mate in and cared for her when she was injured. Madrick knew also that her injury was because of the man that fathered him.

RaNul was so egotistical that he had no clue his days were numbered. Madrick also suspected that his desire to know him was not some fatherly bond that was denied. RaNul was evil in its purest form. He would not let him live to harm his loved ones.

"You are so foolish, young one. You're barely a demon when RaNul has existed for centuries. Do you really think that he's so daft that he does not know you plot against him?" a disembodied voice queried..

Madrick didn't even flinch. "Really, you want to play devil's advocate. Why have your returned, mother?"" he asked. She appeared.

"I am not really here. I am but a figment of the imaginations of many. However, I must make amends if I want peace in the afterlife. You, your brother, and Ezra did not deserve the hell I left you in. Matthias no longer needs me, but you do son. So I am here until the time comes that you no longer need my guidance." She floated across the room.

"Do not involve others. RaNul will kill them. Only you can rid the world of his evil. I will help you. She promised.

Madrick scoffed. "You tried to kill me the moment I was born. You never looked at me, not once. You were ashamed to even call me son. Now you come to me in spirit form and expect me to listen to you. Be gone, woman, never come to me again. I will destroy him. Nothing, no one will harm those I love." His mother's ghost vanished. Madrick began to pace around the room. He had to get his anger under control. But a part of him remembered being small, being teased, having others stare at him as if he was some sort of freak. His father and his brother defended him. Ezra was not the type of man to give hugs, but he knew the man cared for him, even though he was not really his child.

RaNul sat back and was pissed. His ruse failed. The female demon returned to him, and he lashed out. "Mareya, tell me was my son happy with a visit from mommy?" Mareya did not respond. RaNul looked up at her, and he knew. His plan had failed. "What did you do? Your only job was to get him to trust you, confide in you? You failed. Get out of my sight?"

Mareya vanished. Then she smiled. RaNul would die, and when he did she'd be free. She'd do whatever she had to make sure Madrick won this war.

Meanwhile, at castle MacLean, Shawn was waiting for Conor in his office. He'd had a few days to recuperate, and his memory was returning.

Conor entered, "Shawn, thank you for coming. I know you may not remember everything, but can you tell us anything about the demon? Did he reveal anything around you?"

Shawn closed his eyes. RaNul didn't say much, but he noticed that he seemed to be distracted. "Sir, he was like tired. He spoke of finding his son, and said I would help him. Then he did something to my head." Shawn grabbed his head with both hands as a severe pain exploded in his skull.

"Stop, Shawn, that's enough. You have helped us enough. You need to heal. If you remember anything else, please let one of us know." Conor explained.

Shawn stood to leave, but was disoriented. Conor knew the healer was right, the demon placed some sort of mental block in the young dragon's mind. If he pushed, the young man might die. Conor exhaled. He knew that Anton and Stuart were planning on finding RaNul. Shawn had direct contact with the demon. Conor had a nagging sense that Shawn's encounter with the demon had more than just the visible effects on the young dragon. Centuries ago, he played a large role in vanquishing the demon, now RaNul needed to be dealt with once and for all. Conor sighed. He had to find a way to help his friends.

*****

Caitlyn was checking in on the pack. They were recovering, and Gao was unusually silent. Andrew was worried, but knew that she would be fine. The female betas carried on with their duties as the visiting pack members prepared to return home. Baako was saying goodbye to his brothers since he was not returning home with them. Gina was returning to Jackson, and he was accompanying his mate.

The Jackson and Kingsley wolves were returning to America, Gina reached out to her Madam Alpha. Tasha answered immediately. The two talked, Tasha was pleased to learn that Gina had found her mate. She was sad that he lived so far away, but finding ones mate was to be celebrated. She thought of her mate. He hated when someone left. She knew he'd be concerned about Gina.

"Gina, always remember that Jackson is home. If you ever need us, call. I hope we get to meet Baako. He sounds wonderful." Tasha, Madam Alpha at Jackson, stated.

Gina blushed, "He is wonderful, Madam alpha. He is everything I ever dreamed of and more."

Tasha smiled. She understood. When she met her mate, she never thought she'd find the type of love she had with Ryelle.

The two women said their goodbyes and Gina had to find her mate. She had to share the news that she was ready to go home with him. To her surprise, Baako was seeking her out as well. , and Gina knew Jackson would always be her home, but she had a new place. She was not returning to Jackson.

Her pack mates began loading the vans for the airport. Gina picked up her bag. She saw the brothers as they walked outside. Baako joined her, touching her, immediately. "Love, I am accompanying you home. I want to meet your family and speak with your alpha."

Gina was speechless. Yet, a part of her wanted to go home once more. Gina smiled a beatific smile. Baako was rendered speechless, for her beauty outshine all that was around them.

Baako's alpha had already granted permission and the tall man boarded the plane to America, The pack members talked freely and Baako held on tightly to Gina's hand. He would honor her. As a man, he needed to assure her family and alpha that she would be safe.

Andrew and Gao watched as the last of their friends went home. They sent special gifts to the alphas. Andrew held Gao close as their children played. She was still silent, too quiet. "Come love, let's take some time to ourselves."

"Andrew, I'm fine. It's hard having lost the women but we are bouncing back. I'll be OK." Gao whispered, sending her mate reassuring thoughts. The alpha pair spent the day together reassuring each other.

Mera was worried about Shawn. She knew he had a meeting and decided to stop in. Just a she feared, her friend was not doing well at all. Mistress Caitlyn greeted her and told her to let her know when she was ready to leave.

Mera entered Shawn's room he la across the bed, eyes covered with a towel. Quietly, Mera crawled into bed beside home. Shawn grunted and turned away. Mera was hurt, but he was her friend and needed her. Slowly, she moved and encircled him in her embrace, Shawn lashed out. "Mera please, leave me alone. Don't want company now. Go home."

Mera was shocked. Shawn never yelled at her. She got out of his bed and left. She was hurt that her friend rejected her so vehemently. As she walked, she was being watched. Someone grabbed her, covering her mouth and hissing in her ear. "Be quiet, or die."

Mera shook. She could shift and escape, but her assailant laughed, "Don't even think about shifting, wolf. And just so you know, you're under my control No one will hear you even if you scream." Mera shook.

Her attacker dragged her to a nearby cave, forcing her inside Mera checked her bonds and her fear ratcheted up, She could feel no one. She was truly at the mercy of this strange human.

He turned her to face him, and she knew this creature was demon. "I need a woman and you're as good as any, I'm going to fuck you raw. When I'm done, no man will want you when I'm done." He laughed, "I might even give you my seed. Have a little hell hound." Mera fought but he was faster, stronger. She screamed, but all sound was muted. She called for her pack, but only dead air remained. Finally, as the creature held her down, forcing her to open to him, she called the one person she counted on more than others. Shawn, help me!

Hearing her, but not sure how, Shawn shimmered and vanished, appearing in the cave behind Mera and her assailant. All Mera knew was one second, the demon was forcing himself inside her body and the next minute he was snatched off of her. Shawn was there and he was vicious. He looked different, more deadly, bigger, and darker. Then she saw his eyes; they were void, dark orbs of nothingness. He was demon. Mera curled her body into ball as more dragons entered the cave. Emilie rushed to her side, as all were stunned at the changes in Shawn.

Soon the demon was dismembered. Shawn sought out Mera and he cocooned her in the protectiveness of his dark wings. He was not letting go. Mera shook, as her pack mates ran in. Shawn hissed at them, warning them to stay back. The dragons called Conor and he came. Upon seeing Shawn, he knew what RaNul had done.

Shawn, be calm, Mera is no longer in danger. The demon is dead. He sent.

Shawn shook, and Conor was afraid he could no longer reach him. He hurt her because I failed to keep her safe. I sent her away. No one will hurt Mera again. Shawn sent.

Conor asked everyone to leave, as he waited on Andrew to join them. Andrew came in, and was pissed to learn of the attack. Shawn was not letting her go. Mera, talk to him. Maybe you can reach him. Andrew sent.

Mera spoke softly to her friend, as her wolf finally revealed to her the truth. Shawn, the powerful dragon that held her so close, was her mate.

"Shawn, I'm OK. You can let go now" Mera whispered.

"Never, Mera. I won't fail you again. He tried to force you. He tried to violate my mate. No one will ever hurt you again." Shawn declared.

Mera shook, because she'd never seen him like this. Conor talked as did Andrew, and Shawn calmed. After a while he returned to his true dragon form, and let Mera go. She never left his side. He was her mate, her future. He was not alone. Shawn would never be alone again.

Conor and Andrew watched as the young couple talked. Conor knew that Anton and Stuart needed to be told about this.

As Shawn calmed, Conor and Andrew spoke. Gao had arrived to check on Mera.

*****

As time passed, the pack healed. The children grew older, and Suni and Mari kept in touch with home. Hattie missed her daughter, and wanted them to visit. Suni and Rayan were happy. They loved their new home and their pack. Mari and Brecken felt the same. Often the two women would talk. They realized that they had changed so much from the shy girls back home at Jackson.

Although the pack was adjusting, Gao still had lingering feelings of ambivalence toward Inuit. She needed answers, and she knew that one day she'd have to talk with her nemesis. The problem for her was that she was Kade's mate. She knew Kade leaving hurt the clan, and it was because of her that he chose to go. She had to find a way to forgive Inuit. She didn't have to like her, but she had to learn to coexist with her.

"Madam Gao may I have a word?" Savia, the cat shifter asked. Gao was surprised, the female interacted with a few wolves in the pack, but normally she gave her a wide berth.

"Sure, Savia, come in." she answered as the shy woman entered.

"Madam Gao, I have a request. It's a bit unusual, but I need your help. Yuric and I need time alone. We've been mated for many years and since having the kittens, we rarely get time alone. His work here as beta takes up much of his time." Savia blushed. "I mean, we love the pack. We love being here. It's just that we need time."

"It's OK. I understand perfectly. Let me talk with Andrew and we will help you make arrangements." Gao explained. Savia smiled, and for the first time in month, Gao remembered why she loved being alpha bitch of this unusual pack.

As her mate arrived home, she told him of Savia's request. Andrew smiled. "No problem. Suni and Rayan can keep Haven and Kevana can stay with us. Believe me, Zara would love to have a little girl around." Gao laughed. Andrew was right. Her daughter was such a nurturer. Her brothers often refused to let her baby them.

She sent to Savia. All was well. And they'd make plans the next morning.

Across the compound, Shawn slept on a sofa in Mera's small home. After the attack, he refused to leave her side. Even though, she accepted him as her mate. He knew they still had to wait. He would not mark her while he was still so very ill. Mera was happy. Shawn home and he was hers.

Andrew and Gao checked on the household. Shawn was calm. Andrew felt strange about the young man. Gao sensed his concern. Love, the demon forced-fed him. He is not at fault.

Andrew nodded. He wondered about Stork. He wondered if the young demon could help.

Madrick sat with demons in the demon realm. He listened as they boasted of their conquest. One caught his attention, a female.

Sauntering toward him, the gorgeous red-head smiled. Madrick's body reacted. It was then he realized it had been weeks since he'd lain with his wife. "Hello, Madrick. I want you to know, I'm here for any and everything you may need." She purred. Arching her back, Madrick could not help but notice her breast as they almost popped out of her top. He scent, enticing. The tight leather dress, left nothing to his imagination.

Madrick looked around with his demon eye. He was not fooled. Even though, the others pretended not to notice, he knew he was being watched. A true demon had no conscience. He had no ties. He took pleasure where he pleased. If he wanted RaNul to believe he'd changed he needed to indulge. Grabbing the female, Madrick kissed her forcibly, and then he took her by the hand and led her to a darkened corner.

Being that he was horny, he had no trouble responding and reacting to her manipulations, all the while remembering he had a pregnant wife at home. The female wanted more, she wanted him. Madrick let her explore. As she kneeled before him, removing his belt, another female interfered, snatching her away. "Lilith, you slut, Madrick is mine. If you like your pretty face, you'd better remember." She hissed.

"Mareya, really. Yours. He has a wife. I wonder what she would think if she heard you say that?' Lilith teased.

"One more warning, Lilith, now go. He's off limits." Mareya hissed.

Madrick was stunned, and then he faced the angry female. She kissed him, and demanded that they leave. Madrick followed, noting the smile RaNul wore. The female took him back to his hotel room. "You foolish man, your wife doesn't deserve to have her husband fucking some skank. You kissed that harlot. If it wasn't for the fact that you needed to destroy RaNul, I'd call your wife myself. Don't lose sight of your mission." Then she vanished. Madrick called Belinda. He needed her; he needed his family.

Anton, Stuart, Conor decided to meet. Matthias suspected the elder vampire was not being forthcoming. So knowing his father-in-law, he and Gustiban decided to crash the party. Anton was announced, yet he did not expect less from his son-in-law. Knowing how protective his son was of his family, Anton was not surprised to see Gustiban either.

Matthias talked and shared everything he knew about the situation so far. Gustiban understood that Stork had morphed into a demon now named Madrick. It did not matter. Stork, Madrick, whatever he called himself, he was a part of their family.

"Conor, Stuart, you remember Matthias and my son, Gustiban from the attack. They are here to help us find a way to help Stork, um, Madrick," Anton explained.

Stuart welcomed them, as did Conor. The men talked. It was then that Conor shared information on Shawn's altered DNA. Gustiban was not as surprised as the others. He was part fairy now, having found his soul mate in a fairy clan. Matthias wanted to meet this dragon. He wanted to talk with Shawn.

He was heading to the pack when Conor stopped him. Not willing to wait, Matthias explained, "My brother is part demon, and I have to help him. I can't let this monster take him from me. This dragon, maybe he can help. Please, Laird MacLean, allow me to talk to him."

Gus stood with his new brother. Conor agreed and contacted Andrew. Andrew contacted Mera's mother. She then woke Mera and Shawn, informing them of the vampire's visit. Within the hour Matthias and Gustiban appeared in their home. Shawn immediately stood in front of Mera. Gus immediately lowered his eyes. Matthias stopped, as he gently addressed the young man. As he talked, Conor, Anton, and Stuart joined them. Shawn was not surprised when Alpha Parks walked in.

Shawn was more than willing to share. With Mera at his side, he stayed calm. Conor, Anton, and Stuart joined them. Shawn shared what he recalled. "I remember being on patrol. I was told to watch the men at the hotel. One came outside and I followed him. He ducked into a building." Shawn closed his eyes. His memory was fuzzy. He began to shake as he recalled being attacked. It was too many, and he could not fight them off. Lost in the memory, Andrew commanded Mera to leave the room. Her mother dragged her out in tears.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers