Hiliad's Special Gift Ch. 13-15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh."

He pulled me hard against him, and I wanted to protest. I wanted and needed more answers. But I felt his hands, then holding a bar of soap that lathered up over my back, and it felt so damned good. I had to bring my left arm up closer to my side because I felt my collarbone pop. I didn't even have the strength to whine.

"I'm sorry, but I had to give you some of my blood. Are you still hurting?"

I shook my head. "Not really. Did you ... change me?"

"No."

"Okay." With his huge, warm hands caressing my back, I'd never felt more secure in my life. "That feels good. I like it."

"Yeah, it feels good to me, too."

"Hiliad," I muttered, because I was getting sleepy again.

"Yes, love."

"Hmm, I like that even better."

"I'll remember that," he said devilishly. His hands slid to the small of my back, and he traced his nails softly over my skin. I gasped as my body slowly came awake.

"No, I like the 'love' part," I corrected.

"Oh, darn."

I smiled. "Thank you."

He pushed me away gently and looked into my eyes. I melted completely. I could tell there was something he wanted to say, but he returned my smile. After a second, he said, "Thank you."

I frowned. "For what?"

"For allowing me to make amends."

I shook my head and leaned forward. He let me brush my lips against his. He was so soft and gentle that I melted even more. I broke the kiss first and buried my face in his neck. "I think I'm all clean now."

"Darn it. Let me take you home."

"Hmm, kay."

I didn't feel him pick me up and carry me off.

----------------

I woke up again later, though I didn't know how much later because we were back in Hiliad's hideout and it was almost pitch black, except for a small oil lamp lit in the corner. I was on a mattress close to the floor on my side. There was no longer any type of pain whatsoever. I was relieved. I felt alive again, just like I did when I had Hiliad's blood the first time. I could hear the creatures scurrying outside, wherever we were, and I could even smell the dead leaves crunching under their feet.

Then I opened my eyes and faced Hiliad, who was asleep beside me. His hands were tucked under his chin, his knees bent up. He looked just like an angel. He was so incredibly handsome, his face relaxed and soft. For some odd reason, I was expecting to see his nostrils flare and his chest, his naked chest, rise and fall with his breathing.

I'd forgotten vampires don't breathe. How stupid of me. I wished I could get into his head and know what he was thinking, but in a way I wouldn't want to know. Too much violence; too many deaths; too much heartache.

"You are giving me a complex by staring at me," he said quietly, a smile slowly creeping over his lips.

"Couldn't help it," I replied bashfully.

He opened his eyes and looked me over, his grin growing wider. I hadn't realized I was still naked. I didn't care.

"I can't figure you out," I muttered.

"I don't want you to figure me out."

"Okay, I get it." He traced a fingernail up my arm that sent shivers down to my fingers. "No, don't," I said, but didn't pull my arm away.

He did as I asked and removed his arm. "Sorry, I didn't think about getting you any food. You must be hungry," he said apologetically.

"Yeah, a little," I confessed.

"We'll go to Liza's as soon as the sun is down."

I nodded. "Hiliad, what was your life like?" I dared to ask.

From the expression on his face I knew I had hit a sore spot. God, the pain and sorrow he must have been put through. "I'm sorry, Hiliad. Forget I asked."

He rolled over on his back, put his head under his arms and stared at the ceiling, his face contorted. "I was a womanizer ... when I was human. I loved women, their softness, their scent, their bodies. I had no time to settle down and start a family. I didn't want one, didn't deserve one. While some of us Vikings conquered Ireland and North America, most of us came here, as I did.

"Our first raid was ... I won't go into details. Aalred, my maker, wanted me for my strength. He wanted me to fight for and with him. I didn't understand at the time. He changed me after I'd been wounded on a raid. I knew I was going to die, and I wanted to die. I was ready for death."

I heard what he said, and it tore at my heart. A human being never wanting to be loved, taken care of? I couldn't even fathom that concept.

He turned his head to look at me. "And death is what I received."

Chills went through my body at his comment. His eyes were filled with something I couldn't even explain. "No, Hiliad, I refuse to believe that."

"No, little girl, you don't get it."

"Then explain it to me." I truly wanted to understand.

"I find humans ... entertaining. It doesn't matter what century I coexist with them, past or present. They are a naïve, cowering people and no match for us."

"Then why do you want me, if I'm such a pathetic creature?"

"You are far from pathetic or naïve. You have a rare gift, Connee. You are strong." He took a strand of my hair and twirled it around his finger. I let him. "You know what you want. You know your limits, yet you strive to overcome them. Your upbringing was as fucked up as mine."

"Yeah, I guess it was."

We stared at each other in that uncomfortable way that we'd done before, but then there was an understanding between us.

"Then why love me, Hiliad?"

He removed his finger from my hair, raised an eyebrow and tried to look angry. He didn't do a very good job. "Who said I loved you?"

"You tried to change into someone you thought I wanted. You bought me roses, although I was in the shower and you should have knocked. You got me Heather ... by the way, where is she?"

He grinned. "With Doug."

"Okay, good." Here comes the tricky, threatening part. I put my head in my hand and looked him dead in the eye. "And you brought me here, the one place every vampire holds sacred, according to Hugh. Then, either that means something that scares you shitless, or you're going to kill me anyway for knowing your hideout."

I didn't want to mention his comment about him falling in love with me, just in case I was hallucinating when I thought I heard it.

"If I was going to kill you, I would have let you bleed to death ... both times. And I can always take your memory."

I wasn't expecting that. "Would you, seriously? After all—"

"Don't have to," he replied confidently.

"Hmm, what makes you so sure?"

"Because you were passed out and delirious. You still don't know where we are."

I grinned, knowing I was defeated, and put my head on my forearm. "Could you love me, Hiliad Fildri?"

I got my answer when he placed his hand on my cheek, pulled me to him and plastered his lips on mine. I lost my breath as our kiss grew, and man, he could kiss. I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled him towards me, his chest pressed against my breasts. My fingers found his hair and grabbed some, running my fingers through his soft mane.

"Hmm, no, no, little one," Hiliad growled as he pulled away from me. "There will be plenty of time for that later." His fangs were then out, but I wasn't frightened.

"You're right, damn it," I giggled breathlessly. "We'll have to redefine our Contract."

His voice was full of shock and amazement when he asked, "Is that what you want?"

"I'm an idiot, but yes, I would. I'm all for giving someone second chances."

"Oh, I am sooo grateful," he replied playfully, a small grin on his lips. "You get some rest."

I yawned long and hard, I just didn't want to argue with him. I threw myself onto my other side because that's the normal position I fall to sleep in. "Hiliad?"

"Yes?" he answered, and I could tell he was then on his back.

"Would you cuddle with a lowly human?"

"I don't know. Let me think—ow!" I'd actually been able to elbow him softly on his forearm. "Of course. I would feel so honored."

I waited anxiously to feel him beside me again, but he didn't. I sighed. Totally defeated, but too tired to care to argue further, I grew drowsy. Only then did I feel his cool body press against mine, his arm over my waist, his leg over both of mine, his face buried in my hair.

"I know that was hard for you," I said softly. "Thank you so much."

"Shut up and go to sleep, woman," he grunted. But even with that one grunt, I could hear the smile on his face.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"Welcome back, Ms. Connee!" Doug said excitedly as he approached me and gave me a hug, which was completely unexpected.

I returned his hug. "Thanks, Doug. It's good to be back."

And I meant it. I had stayed away from work through the weekend so I could get myself back on my feet, but I didn't need that long. I had gotten all of my strength back and then some. I took the time to clean my apartment, and I got Heather back. If it weren't for her to take care of, I would have lost my mind.

Hiliad and I agreed that I needed time for myself, and that we were not to talk or see the other. God, I missed him terribly. At night, I found myself jumping at every noise outside my window, thinking Hiliad was there waiting for me to invite him in. He turned the ownership of the apartment over into my name so I had the right to kick him out when, and if, I ever needed him out. And every time the phone rang, I expected it to be Hiliad, even if it was daylight. It never was.

That night, my first day back to work, I headed to my office, expecting piles and piles of paper on my desk. I was shocked to see none when I turned on the light. I sat behind my desk, locked my purse in the bottom drawer, and only then noticed a piece of paper staring at me. What was he going to throw at me then? apparently, nothing.

It simply said, 'Glad to have you back,' in Hiliad's neat handwriting. 'I'll see you at ten.'

My heart pounded in my chest. Since I'd taken his blood again, I'd been having some wild sex dreams about him—on the beach, in the back seat of a car, anywhere two bodies could fit together. And every time I woke up I promised myself I wouldn't bring myself to orgasm, although it was very, very difficult. I wanted our first time back together to be special.

I turned on the computer and threw myself into work to keep my mind off of Hiliad. It was difficult, though. I couldn't wait to feel his hands around me, take in his smell and feel him inside me. That thought alone kept me distracted for hours.

"Well, well, couldn't keep the little busy bee away, I see."

I jerked my head towards the door so startled that I was relieved to see it was only Liza. She was wearing a black, lace corset with tight, leather pants and high, high heels. And she looked ... different. It must have been Hiliad's blood that I saw her in a new light, not that I complained. She looked amazing, and I was a little jealous. "Oh, hi."

"Hello," she replied with a half grin.

"I see all of my paperwork was already done. Did you do that?"

She laughed long and hard, her head thrown back in hysterics. I didn't understand her reaction. "You're kidding me, right?"

"Uh, I guess I was. Did you need something, Liza? The inventory is backed up."

She shook her head. "No, I just wanted to see you. I missed you," she said evilly.

I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. "Thank you for ..." I couldn't find the words to explain my gratitude for all she'd done for me.

"No problem. But you owe me." She winked, turned and walked out.

I swallowed hard. What the hell did that mean? Okay, so, Liza was here. Did that mean Hiliad was, too?

I had to wait another hour for my lunch, er, dinner break to find out. Being in the office for so long I needed some fresh air badly. I grabbed a bottle of iced tea, the sandwich and chips I'd brought and went outside. I was happy to find a small two-person table with two chairs.

I was halfway done eating when I heard someone step close to me, and my heart fluttered. It was Hiliad. He didn't say a word as he sat down and stared me down. He looked angry, though I couldn't understand why. "What's wrong?" I finally asked.

"Nothing," he simply answered.

He watched me while I nervously finished eating, making sure not to choke on my food. I leaned back, folded my arms across my chest and looked him over. The longer I stared into those luscious eyes the more I had to force myself not to squirm in my chair.

Several minutes went by before he huffed, "Aren't you going to thank me?"

I smiled in relief. "Thank you, Hiliad, for everything you've done for me. I—"

"That's not what I meant," he stated harshly. His eyes became narrow slits, a tell-tale sign he was angry. "I didn't get this table and chair for just any human."

I finally started to breathe again. "Oh, I didn't realize. Thank you, kind Sir," I said teasingly. "Hiliad, seriously, I owe you a lot."

"Yes, you do," he replied sternly, his smile gone.

"And I will pay you back two-fold." I had to get some things out of the way. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yes, my Queen." He smirked.

"Did you ... did we ... Did you take advantage of me the night I left Daniel?"

"No, I did not," he answered firmly.

I squinted my eyes at him, trying to figure out if he was lying. "Then why did you tell me we did?"

He shifted nervously in the chair. "I wanted to get your reaction."

"Was it what you expected it to be?"

"Spot on."

We laughed. "Okay. And secondly—"

"There's another question?" he huffed.

"Yep, sorry, but this one you can handle. How did you know lavender is my favorite color?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Wilma told me."

"No, Hiliad," I chortled. "You painted my bedroom walls lavender. You got me lavender roses, which were beautiful, by the way, and the purple wrapping paper with Heather."

"I, uh, Daniel told me."

Then my suspicion grew. "Why?"

"I'm done with this conversation," he said as he rose.

"I'm not," I told him curtly. Boy was I ever pushing his buttons.

He turned and looked at me sharply. "I went to see him."

"Oh, while we ... before Daniel and I first came here?" He shook his head. "After?" I asked nervously. He nodded. "But why?" I repeated.

"Well, I had to make some kind of impression with you."

I didn't know what to say. Should I be mad that he went to Daniel, that Daniel actually told Hiliad, or ... "Why didn't you just ask me?"

"I don't know."

God, he was so freakin' cute! I mean, for a vampire. "Hiliad? Will you ever talk to me?"

"Eventually."

That was good enough for me. "Well, I've got to get back to work." I stood, grabbed my garbage and walked away from him.

In mid-step Hiliad was standing in front of me. "I'm not done talking with you."

My neck was tilted back to look into his gorgeous face. I felt like a school girl waiting for a boy to ask me to a dance.

"What adjustments do you require on the Contract between us?" he asked, a single eyebrow rose with curiosity.

I'd thought a lot about that while I was off work. I shook my head. "The only thing I ask, Mr. Fildri, is when we are at the club, with Liza around, I am your employee. But when we are in private I am your submissive first and foremost, but I may speak my mind, or ask any question, with your permission, of course."

"Hmm, I'll have to think about that."

"Okay," I answered happily.

I turned to walk away, but he stopped me again. Looking around anxiously, he said, "And the only thing I ask of you is this: While I don't want to ever put you in the way of harm—of myself—again, will you allow me to feed on others?"

My eyebrows furrowed deeply at his comment. I'd thought about that, too. I put my hand over his heart, well, where it would have been and told him, "You have to eat. I would never, ever ask you not to, but since I'm so irresistible to you," I said with the cutest grin I could give him, "could you save yourself for me?"

He threw his head back and laughed so loud the echo came back to my ears almost deafening. It was joyous to hear. He put his hand on my cheek. "Ms. Byers, you're about two thousand years too late for that."

I was confused, not knowing what he was referring to. Then it dawned on me, and I cracked a smile, too. "I meant since the urge is so intense for you to uh, you know, after you feed, could you uh, you know." Why I was so bashful was beyond me. He'd already had me once and done things to me, but they were under completely different circumstances.

He bent down so his lips were an inch from mine. I wanted so badly to bury them with his, my heart started to race. Closing my eyes, I waited for his kiss, but he moved his mouth to my ears. In the softest whisper, he said, "Say it." I swallowed hard. "Say what you want from me, Connee Byers."

My heart dropped to the pebbled parking lot. "If you can control the urge ... once you've eaten, could you come get me and ... take me?"

"Take you where?"

He cannot be serious, I thought to myself. "Have sex with me, Hiliad, only me."

"Here? Now? I don't think—"

I pushed him away from me rather roughly, and we stared at the other, neither one of us breathing. He was quiet for way too long. I wished I could have known what he was thinking. "Agreed. And with that, I am now your Dom, Ms. Byers. I have control over you and myself. And I agree to your terms." I finally exhaled. "Now get back to work. You're wasting my money."

His face might have conveyed anger, but His voice didn't. I walked to the back door, but before I could open it, Hiliad had it open and staring down at me. He winked. Then He smacked my ass.

I smiled. "Thank you, Sir."

Later that night ...

"Well, boss, I'm going home for the night," I told Hiliad tiredly.

He was sitting in a booth, a change for Him. He'd been looking through a catalog with great interest and enthusiasm. I couldn't see who the vendor was, but I could see the photos—dungeon equipment. I gulped, growing anxious when He didn't reply. He just marked off items, absent-mindedly it appeared to me.

After a moment, I realized He was going to continue to ignore me. I turned to leave. "Where do you think you are going?" He asked tersely.

Turning back around, I took my submissive pose: Standing straight and tall, my arms behind my back, my head bowed. He continued perusing the booklet for at least five minutes, and I was beginning to get drowsy.

"So, who said you could address me with such insignificance?" He never raised His head as he spoke.

"I'm sorry, Sir, please forgive me."

I stood for another five minutes. God, I was so exhausted. It was my first day back, and with the two major traumas to my body I just wanted my bed, and Heather to cuddle up beside me. Well, truth be told, I wouldn't have minded Hiliad cuddling up beside me. I still had His blood in me, and I was curious why I felt this drained.

"Answer me!" Hiliad bellowed, and I noticed the couple in the next booth glance at me, but not Hiliad. Smart humans. I never heard the question He asked me.

"I'm sorry, Sir. It's been a long night. What did You ask?"

"Do you think I care?" He paused a moment, still not looking at me. "I asked how you were feeling."

I sighed in relief. "I am extremely tired, Sir."

"Sit," He said, with no comment about my admission.

I squeezed onto the bench across from Him, resisting the urge to rest my chin in the palms of my hands. But now I had the chance to look over His face. He looked exhausted, and seemed to have aged years ... well, I should say centuries.

Another five minutes passed, and He seemed to become bored with the book. He closed it, clasped His fingers together and looked at me. "And why are you so worn out?"

"Let's see: I've been stabbed, stomped on, attacked, drained ... does that cover everything?"

He glared up at me and looked at me so harshly it scared the shit out of me. "Do you have any idea how disrespectful you are being to me right now?"