Hiliad's Special Gift Ch. 39-40

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Doug had just gotten started digging my grave there that would be my haven from the day light. Little did he know he'd be keeping the same hours as myself. He'd have to protect me during that time; day wasn't the problem. Francesca was the problem. She made it clear she was no longer fond of me. That wasn't my concern. Connee was my concern.

Hiding behind a big oak tree at the farthest end of the property, I remembered the layout of the top floor and ascertained which bedroom Connee was in. Hell, it was right beside the queen's. Not good. From the slowly brightening sky, sunrise would be in a little over an hour. I didn't think that would be enough time. It had to be.

I was just about to take a step when I saw Connee walk across the opened window then disappeared. She was on the phone.

"Hi, Wilma, it's Connee ... I know, I kinda broke my cell phone. I'm using the queen's ... You're crying. What's wrong?" She listened for several minutes.

"Oh, Wilma, I am so sorry ... No, no. You've been there for me more than once. You are not bothering me ... Remember you told me to be patient with Hiliad? It's your turn to give Hugh time. I didn't understand the Maker/ child bond until now ..."

Connee walked out onto the second floor balcony and leaned against the railing. The moonlight shone on her hair, her face glowed; her gown blew in the breeze over her luscious skin. She was even more beautiful than when I first saw her. She turned sideways, and I saw her swollen tummy. She was definitely pregnant.

"I, um, it'll be a while before I come back. I'm a little pregnant ..." She rubbed her stomach and grimaced, from what I felt in pain. "And I'm vampire now."

She was quiet for another minute or so. "He told you the queen changed me?" After a brief moment, she said, "Do you honestly think Hiliad will accept the fact that he knocked me up? A fucking vampire? How am I going to tell him, Wilma? ... Of course I'm going back to him, but after the baby is born. He may be a lying bastard, and he may not always make the right decisions, but I'm grateful to him. And God help me, I do love him."

I smiled. Yeah, she had me pegged, all right.

"How is he, Wilma?" she asked hesitantly, her voice soft yet full of pain.

I took that as my chance and advanced. I was at her side a split-second later. "Why don't you ask him yourself?"

Connee turned around so fast that she dropped the phone when recognition settled in her eyes. She hissed at me, her fangs then exposed. If it were possible, she turned even more pale.

Wilma was screaming out of the phone. I bent over and picked it up. "Wilma, she's fine. She'll call you back," I told her, keeping my eyes on Connee, before I threw the phone over the railing.

"Hiliad," Connee whispered, "what are—"

"I needed to see you, Connee Byers." Getting a better look at her then, she appeared in even worse shape close up. "Oh, sweetheart."

"You heard my conversation?" She sounded pissed.

"Why didn't you tell me? Do you know how angry you made me by you not calling? I was worried about you!" I took a step, only wanting to hold her.

"No, no, don't," she muttered as she took several steps back, her hands up defensively. "You've got the nerve to tell me you were angry? After you lied about—"

"Oh, no, you don't, Hiliad Fildri," Queen Francesca said as she stepped onto the balcony and placed her hands possessively on Connee's shoulders. "You will leave."

"Your Majesty, you must know—"

"I know what you've done to her, and you will not—"

"Mom, stop," Connee interrupted then broke the queen's hold. "I can't do this anymore. Let him stay so we can talk, please. He won't hurt me—" She didn't need to finish the rest of that sentence. He won't hurt me more than he already has.

Francesca glared at me. "You have thirty minutes." Turning to Connee, she said, "Keep off your feet, baby, and the bedroom door remains open." Then she left us.

Connee didn't say a word as she walked into the bedroom. I followed, stopping by the balcony door. She placed several pillows against the head board then slowly slid on the bed. Groaning, she leaned back, rubbing her belly. Only then did I see she was no longer wearing the engagement ring I had given her.

Crossing my arms over my chest, sounding as calm as I could through my anger, I asked her, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You bring your ass here, uninvited, unwanted, and demand answers? You've got a LOT of damned nerve, Mr. Fildri!"

"Connee Byers!" Frannie hollered from within the house.

Connee sighed heavily. I bet she'd been hearing a lot of that while she'd been in Virginia.

"I couldn't tell you. I was afraid to tell you. When Mom told me I was pregnant, I didn't want you near it. I remembered you told me about baby's blood being so desirable. Mom explained it's because it is untainted from the environment. Then the nightmare I told you I had—you wanted the baby's blood, you ..." She looked away.

"You didn't want me to feed from it?" She nodded. "Haven't you learned you can trust me? Well, hell," I moaned, knowing she couldn't. "But after all this time, after all we've been through together, you couldn't talk to me about it?"

She looked back at me, her face rigid and without emotion. "I didn't want you here. I'm going to leave the baby with Mom, if it survives. I figured out that I'd have the baby here, leave it with Mom and go back to you. You would have been none the wiser. Then all this lying—"

"Is it mine?"

"What? Of course it is!"

"How can you be sure? I cannot impregnate a female, Connee!"

"Yeah, well, Frannie knew I was already pregnant when she changed me. I was pregnant when I was human."

That was a blow. But then I recalled what the queen had said to me the night Connee was changed. 'Hiliad Fildri, I entrust in you that you will do the right thing.'

"That's why I have the heart beat and breathing and eating rare meat, the baby required it. I don't know how it happened, but Mom thinks your blood might have helped sustain the baby's development."

"I find that completely absurd! Even if it were Daniel's or ... Milton's, you should have lost it when you were changed."

"Even if? Milton's baby?! I told you we never ... It's too late for Daniel's baby. I was never with anyone else!"

I started pacing, even though I knew it wouldn't help me accept a damned thing. "Hell, woman, you're vampire, I'm vampire! This can't happen!"

"It did." She suddenly moaned in pain.

I rushed to her side, and she cried out. "What is it, Con?"

"Shit," she moaned again then lay on her side. "Stop, little tyke. Hiliad, this is the first time that he's done this in weeks. It's like he recognizes your voice."

It was suddenly a 'he,' not an 'it.' She had truly accepted what had happened.

"He?" I stood back up and leaned against the dresser, getting the feeling and the impression she wasn't ready for me to be so close to her, although there was nothing more in the world that I wanted at that moment.

"I don't know what it is. But, look, the baby is a Cutter. So far he hasn't cut through the embryo sac, but if he keeps it up he will. Mom doesn't ... she can't be sure, but ... fuck." Her voice had become strained.

"Connee Byers!" Francesca hollered again.

Connee couldn't suppress a little grin and a roll of her eyes. "Sorry, Mom."

"Love, I've missed your smile."

"You should know, Hiliad, even if the baby makes it, Mom isn't too confident I'll make it through child birth."

"What? Why?" I knew I pushed her a little too much because her face flinched in pain. "I won't let that happen. You need rest, little one. May I kiss you good night?"

"You're not staying?"

Why would she even think that? I was dumbfounded she could forgive me that quickly.

"No, he is not staying," Francesca said as she entered the bedroom. "It is time for you to leave, Mr. Fildri."

"May I visit tonight?" I asked Connee directly.

"No," the queen replied instead.

"Mom. Please, there's no harm in talking to him. We have a lot to talk through."

"Fine, but we'll see how you feel first. Good day, Mr. Fildri."

"Good day. Sleep well, Connee."

"I'll see you later," she said with absolution.

--------------------------------

Connee's POV:

"Hiliad, you know Connee is a stubborn girl," I heard Mom tell him as I came down the hall towards the living room the following night.

"She ... they belong with me, Your Majesty."

"Wow, I feel so loved being fought over." Hiliad immediately stood and helped me to the couch. He propped pillows behind me until I got comfortable, then sat down beside me. He put his hand on my knee. I never needed anything more than his touch at that moment. "Thanks."

"I'll be right back with your breakfast, Connee."

"Okay," I said, watching her leave. Turning back to Hiliad, I asked, "What were you and Mom fussing about?"

"Don't worry about anything."

"Hiliad, don't. I want to be involved in what happens to me. You will not do that to me again."

He smiled. "Good. I was telling her I wanted you and the baby with me, but she reminded me you want the baby to remain here."

"That was weeks ago, and you're here. The baby and I may not even make it," I said, my words trailing off.

"Connee, don't say that." He took my hand and squeezed it hard, but it didn't hurt.

"The Bintaurs have a gestation period of seven months. That leaves two weeks before ... You know the rate of infant mortality and ... I can't think past two weeks."

He shook his head. "I noticed this morning you aren't wearing my mother's ring?"

"It's safe." I showed him the thickness of my fingers. "Pregnancy bloating. But I did take it off after you admitted you lied to me. I just didn't remember we'd ... That night Daniel kicked me out ... I just wouldn't have slept with anyone ... That's not me."

Mom came back into the room with a new red-headed female. I wondered how many humans I'd drain with my increased need for blood. "Sit on the floor by Connee's head, Janie. It'll be more comfortable for her."

"Yes Ma'am," she replied then sat before me.

"Hiliad, you may also feed from Janie, but not too much. Connee, let me know when you two are done."

That was a first. At one time I wanted to feel what Hiliad was feeling while he fed as I was strapped to Rachel on the cross. Then my life had changed so much that it was actually happening, except I was vampire. I hadn't counted on that.

After Mom left, Hiliad kneeled at Janie's side, and I leaned forward clumsily and grabbed her shoulder. Hiliad took my other hand, firmly squeezing my fingers. I looked at him and forced an awkward smile. "You first, sweetheart," he prompted.

I swallowed hard then exposed my fangs. "Janie, let us know when you start to feel dizzy, okay?"

"Yes Ma'am."

I was far from a ma'am, but I was too hungry to argue. As carefully as I could, I sank my teeth in the vein at Janie's neck. As I drank her blood, she moaned gruffly, bent her knees up and continued to moan. When her head tilted a little towards me, I knew Hiliad was about to feed.

I clutched his hand and twisted it until our palms were flush, our fingers entwined. Hearing him feed along with the woman's moans were beginning to get to me. Oh, and the fact that Hiliad's other hand was kneading my right hip and awakening something in me that I hadn't felt since the last time we made love.

Although Janie didn't object, I felt her head begin to sway and was afraid she was losing too much blood too fast with the both of us feeding. I pulled away and said Hiliad's name for him to do the same. He did right away. Janie leaned forward and rested her forehead in her hand, while Hiliad sat beside me.

"Mom," I called, and she was with us right away.

She set a tray on the coffee table, but I was looking at Hiliad, not what was on the tray. Even from the little blood he'd had, he looked better. I wondered if he hadn't eaten in a while. She handed Hiliad a Sheep's blood and wet hand towel, then a towel to me, and set a plate on the table. Hiliad didn't seem to have a clue what to do with the towel, so I prompted him by wiping my mouth with the towel. He finally got it.

"Hiliad, please make sure she eats the whole thing." She was referring to the steak on the plate. "Janie, let's get you some orange juice." She helped her up then turned to me. "I've got three patients coming in, and I know I can't keep you two locked up in the house. You'll find a blanket to lie on, if you choose, and one to wrap up in, Connee, on the patio. Stay off your feet. Have Hiliad carry you."

"Mom! He most certainly—"

"Connee, listen to your mother. I have no problem carrying you," Hiliad defended.

I gave in, of course. It was two against one. It was silent as she left the two of us alone.

"Sit up," Hiliad instructed as he reached for the plate and began to cut up little bits of the raw meat.

"For God's sake, Hiliad. You don't have to—"

"Will you just be quiet and let me take care of you?"

I sighed heavily and again gave in to him. He brought the fork with meat to my lips, and I could look nowhere else than into his incredibly blue, piercing eyes. Looking over the rest of his face, I lost myself staring at his lips, and I felt my heart pound a little remembering his kisses—the other thing that I missed from him.

"Eat," he ordered, knocking me out of my lustful thoughts.

Gazing back into his eyes, I knew he knew what I was thinking when a crooked smile spread over his lips. I parted my lips waiting for him to bring the meat to my mouth. He didn't.

"Tongue." Ah, he was teasing me, the adorable Scandinavian shit.

I stuck my tongue over my bottom lip, never losing eye contact with him. Slowly, his hand got closer and he placed the meat in the middle of my tongue.

"Close your mouth. " I did so. "Chew." I did that, too, nervously.

After I swallowed, I told him, "You need to stop, Hiliad. I do remember how to eat human food. Besides, you're getting me hot and bothered."

He stuck another piece of meat in my mouth. "Shut up, will you? You must eat."

When he brought the last bite to my lips, I slid my tongue out, but instead of placing it on my tongue, he pulled his hand back. I looked at him sharply, not really in the mood to play his game. Okay, I was, but knowing there was no reward sucked! I leaned my head forward for it, but he pulled back even further.

"Hiliad, stop!"

He brought the meat closer and closer to his lips, and I put my tongue back in my mouth. "No! Keep it out." I did, though reluctantly. The meat brushed against his bottom lip. "You never kissed me this morning," he said gruffly, his voice rough and sexy. "I want it now."

Did I ever want my morning kiss, as well. I put my hand on the back of his neck and pulled him to me. I ran the tip of my tongue over a fang, making my stomach churn with excitement. He attacked me then, taking my tongue and sucking it hard. I growled as our lips smacked, nibbled, rubbed—the kind of kiss that makes up for three weeks of having none.

"Hmmph, Hiliad ... no," I whispered against his lips. He lessened the kiss but still held me close to him. "Oh, don't do this. You know I ... we can't."

"Shit," he muttered as he pulled away.

"I know. I'm sorry. But Mom doesn't want my body under any stress."

"I'll be gentle," he said breathlessly into my ear.

"Mom is afraid of premature labor. With it being vampire, she doesn't quite know what she's dealing with. The tests she's done don't show conclusively whether the lung and heart development are done, or whether or not the baby will even need the organs."

"Understood," he said, "But I don't like it."

"After that damned hot kiss, neither do I."

"So, do you forgive me?" he asked so innocently I just had to smile. "Forgive me for being a prat?"

"It depends on what a prat is," I laughed.

"How about for being a lying bastard?"

"Oh, that. After that damned kiss, how could I not forgive you?"

"Good." He kissed me again.

"Just make sure you don't lie to me again!" I said firmly, but lightly.

"Promise. Ready for that walk, or are you finished torturing me?"

I laughed again. "No, I'm done, for now."

It was his turn to laugh that time. And what a sweet sound it was.

Moments later I said, "That was no fun." I complained as Hiliad carried me to a spot by the stream and set me on my feet. "I liked flying better when I was human. I'm fast now so it wasn't as exhilarating."

"Don't let it get to your head, little one," he replied as he spread out the blanket for us to sit on at the base of an oak tree. "I'm still faster than you are."

I chuckled as he wrapped the other blanket around me and helped me sit down. I wasn't cold but it was comforting. Hiliad leaned against the tree and pulled me into his arms so that my back was against his chest, my legs straight, taking most of my weight off my pelvic bone. When he wrapped his arms around me, I grabbed them and held them to me.

Off in the distance coming from the house, we heard, "Hiliad, ask Doug to come in to get something to eat, please."

"Doug's here? Why?"

"Someone has to bury me for the day. Doug," Hiliad called. He appeared a moment later.

"Hi, Doug," I said cheerily.

He just bowed. Okay, that wasn't the Doug I knew.

"The queen has some food for you in the house. Go," Hiliad told him.

"Thank you," he said then walked off.

"Hiliad, what's wrong with him? Why were you so harsh with him? I told you—"

"In your absence I opened up Fang Cuts, but I noticed there was something 'off' with him. It seems being under Milton's mind control for a year has messed with his brain."

"Oh, no! That's a shame."

"Francesca has mentioned having him work for her here."

"Is he aware enough—"

"Yes, yes. But I didn't bring you down here to talk about Doug. What have you been doing with yourself?"

"Reading, thinking, crying, worrying, eating, reading, crying, crying, that sort of thing."

"I'm sorry I hurt you, baby."

There goes the 'baby,' again, which I was beginning to get used to and love. "I was only upset for a week, honestly. I've gotten over the worst of the hormonal change crap. That was the crying and thinking phase, I hope."

"Connee, I've got to tell you something that you're not going to like."

I pulled my upper torso away and looked over his face. "As long as you didn't—"

"I kissed Wilma."

My first thought was, Oh, fuck! Then it was, Hmm, okay. Why? Then it was, "Did you like it?"

His head flew back. I hadn't realized I'd said it out loud. "It was the first and only time I did, but, don't be mad, yes." He explained what happened the night before between the two of them.

But he'd come for me after he kissed her. That told me what I wanted to know. "No, I'm not mad. As long as you two didn't, you know."

"You are such a prude!" he accused jokingly.

"What? I am not a ..."

"You can't even say it!"

"I don't need to. And let it go."

"Fine. So, tell me, Con, you asked when I first fell in love with you. When did you fall in love with me?"

"The first time I saw you."

"With Daniel eight months ago or last summer?"

Last summer? Oh, shit, he remembered me being there? I said as much.

"Uh, huh," he answered sheepishly. "It was hard not to miss you."

"I went to Naluchra for my cousin's bachelorette party. A regular male strip club would have sufficed, but to each his own. We were sort of tricked into going. But I was curious about it, so I didn't object like the others. Anyway, we'd been drinking wine before we left Bethany's house. I remember having a drink at the club, but little else. There was this guy I danced with that gave me the creeps, but I couldn't remember what he looked like."

"Why didn't you mention it to me before?"

I shrugged my shoulders and leaned back against him, looking at the stream. "I wasn't keeping anything from you, really. I was afraid you'd think I'd coerced Daniel into taking me there."