Hinn Ch. 22-24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nor I, as I understand the draft legislation," volunteered Jessica. "My personal opinion is that Ray and Tauriz' technology wouldn't be covered by them as currently written either, but that'll be something we'd have to work over with you once you sign on, and we explain further about the tech."

"Good to know."

"Indeed. Why did you include combat pay, Emily?"

"If we get into a firefight, as has happened to some of our folks, they get combat pay. The bonus is split being paid by the company and the client to help reduce the incentives to getting our people in harm's way. It doesn't matter who or why -- if firearms are being fired in the general direction of our folks, they get combat pay. If they're under serious threat of firearms, they get combat pay. We're not going to be jerks about it, but we do insist on it."

"No, sounds reasonable thus far -- just needed to understand your concerns. Protecting your people is a good thing. That being said, Annya, have you earned any combat pay, and if so what'd you think about the situation?"

"I have. I cannot say much about it due to other NDAs, but I can say it was terrifying. Clearly, I survived. I don't want to do that again if I have the choice."

"You're aware that we've already been threatened with firearms on this effort," Ray asked.

"We had not -- can you explain what happened?"

"SWAT decided to come knock on and knock down my door. They didn't get the response they expected. They retreated, and while they're still following us, they've not shown their noses again. If they do, we'll let you know as soon as we can."

"Emily, I was watchin'. They got cool shit. REAL cool."

"None of that goes to my point. Annya, if you sign on and become part of this team -- and that's how I envision this, a team, not independent contracts but rather a blended whole -- it is likely there will be combat pay in your future. We will do everything in our capability to prevent and mitigate that, but that's the stakes we're currently playing at, and we expect it may ratchet up higher before calming down."

"Thank you for the warning, Ray, Tauriz. While I don't like the idea, I'm not going to back down from this position for that reason alone."

"You're a grown woman. It's your choice. I just felt you should know before you made your decision. Please make sure Updike, was it, has the same courtesy before agreeing or not to sign on. I have no other concerns, personally. Tauriz?"

"None here."

"Jessica?"

"I don't see anything here that isn't appropriate. Looks good to me."

"Well, welcome aboard. Let's sign, update the NDAs, and we can head off to dinner early. Amber, do you think they'll have a slot for us if we head out now?"

"Within a few minutes of getting there, yes, Ray. I'll call them now."

"Now, as I'd mentioned, we'll be having an all-hands meeting tomorrow around ten, after the meeting with Boch. We'll be going over things with whichever organizations sign on and update their NDAs. Emily, if you have the time, I'd like to invite you to that. I suspect you'll find at least parts of it fascinating."

"Thank you, Ray -- I'll take you up on that."

"So you're meeting Boch tomorrow morning, when are you meeting Skepsi?"

"Tonight at nine-thirty, back here. So -- our dinner has a hard stop around nine, I'm sorry to say."

"Three hours should be enough for a get together to meet & greet, I think."