Hinn Ch. 32-34

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Heh. I think we understand each other on that matter. What facilities are we working with?"

"Right now, my condominium only. Jessica's team has put together a couple options. That's one of the things on the agenda for the ten o'clock meeting, picking where we're moving. The condo was fine, but it won't cut it with all this going on."

"Wise. We hold the options on some additional properties that might be of interest, to lease or sell."

"Bring 'em along, and we'll toss them into the discussion. Currently, we've got some planes on standby with Skepsi running them. I told them that if you folks signed on, we'd likely be putting that off them and onto your shoulders."

"We can get resources here overnight if we sign on, faster if we must."

"At this point, overnight is plenty fast enough."

"Sounds like we have the basis for a deal. The contract we put together seems likely to be adequate for our discussion thus far. We'd be transporting people, commercially available hardware, to include ammunition and information as needed. We'd include financial work in support of these activities and others as needed. Additional categories such as artifacts, legal work, etc would likely increase the price, either one-off or overall. We'd plan on keeping a team of six close by you, to provide specialist advice and interfacing with the rest of our teams as need be."

"We'll add that to the requirements on wherever we end up moving. I don't think it'll be a sticking point, frankly."

"Excellent. We'd also need parking and storage spaces, and ideally, a space that we could use as an authorized or emergency helipad would be good."

"Good ideas. Please bring 'em to the ten o'clock."

"Let me fetch the contract, and we'll let you see if you agree."

Paul stood up from the table and walked over to Jimmy, who handed over a three-page document without saying a word. Bringing the paper back, he slid it across the table to sit in front of Ray.

Picking it up and pushing the information into Hinn, he passed the document to Jessica. "The sole-source requirement is a non-starter. If we have to take a taxi somewhere it'd break it, so I don't think it'll work as written. Similarly, the sole authority on purchasing is another non-starter - you'll need to work in good faith with each of the other specialists to ensure their needs get met adequately. I expect everyone to work together with minimal friction, so I don't foresee a major problem with it, but we do need more flexibility than you've written into the document."

"Without even reading the contract, Ray?"

"I did say that our technology helps with a lot more than just blocking signals, didn't I? This capability is another, ah, facet that comes as part of the package."

"Interesting. We'll have to see about possibly licensing some of this technology from you, Ray, Tauriz."

"Hold that thought until after the ten. There are drawbacks."

"Are there other items you see problems with, as written?"

"Why is there a one percent surcharge on all funds transferred?"

"That's a fee for guaranteed transactions only. We guarantee the remaining funds will reach their specified destination under that clause, regardless of where it might be."

"Ah, an insurance premium, or an approximate match to such a concept?"

"You could see it that way, yes."

"Very good, good to know that'll be an option. I have no problems with the self-defense clauses, but require you to preplan actions with Skepsi as and where practical. Thus, Skepsi needs to know general and perhaps specific capabilities, but are covered under the same NDA as you signed on this effort. I'd like to see that general concept written into the contract."

Dieter spoke up, "Something along the lines of, 'Best-effort coordination is required in areas of other's professional expertise between Boch and others on contract with Ray Helms. Similarly, other organizations on the contract will coordinate logistical and financial support with Boch. These activities will explicitly covered under the NDA signed on this effort'?"

"Jessica?" Ray asked.

"Sounds about correct. Add in that Ray or Tauriz have final decision authority on any disputes, but that any overridden organization has the right to refuse to take any illegal or severely detrimental actions verbally. Any such verbal refusals must be documented in writing within, say, three business days to include reason or reasons refused. These documents are under the NDA unless all parties agree otherwise. That'll protect all sides of the equation."

Dieter was nodding along with Jessica's addition, which Paul noticed. "Sounds reasonable, Jessica. Could you add that on as an addendum? I believe it would probably belong in section three, part 2-A, or thereabouts."

"Gladly," she replied, pen working busily at the back of one of the sheets of paper.

"The two things not in the document are the price and payment method."

"Electronic transfer to a Swiss bank account is preferred, and we're asking for twelve million a month plus incidentals."

"You didn't list incidentals in the contract. Why not?"

"Because they're incidental, almost random expenses that don't characterize well into any of the bins defined in the contract."

"I find that hard to believe, but let's assume you're correct to start. Without breaking confidentiality with other clients, can you share the ten highest incidental costs you've incurred and billed people for in the last, say, three years?"

"Not off the top of my head, no."

"I'm starting to smell something here I'm not sure I like, Paul. Please help me further understand your position."

"It's simple. There are always unstated costs, things that appear without warning that end up needing to be covered. This way, as they happen, we're able to bill you as needed."

"I'd rather spend twenty-four million a month with no incidental billing, frankly. Unexpended funds to be itemized within a week after the month's end and applied to the following month. Would that be acceptable to you folks?"

"Then you've passed our little sanity check test. The price will be twelve million a month, with no incidentals, but excessive costs such as shipping artifacts will require renegotiation."

"Interesting. I take it this is the only test you'll put in place?"

"The last one. You've passed several other ones that were rather less blatant already."

"What's the bank code for the transfer?"

Paul gave it, and Ray had two months payment - twenty-four million dollars - sent via wish. "One month for now, plus one for your last month with me."

"Acceptable. A pleasure doing business with you. Jennifer here will be leading the six-man team we'll be leaving with you, she's had several successful employments before this one, and it's time for her to take a lead role."

"Very good. I'd appreciate it if you two would stay for the other meeting, starting here in fifteen minutes."

"We'll be glad to do so."

"Excellent. Now that that's over, I need some more coffee," Ray smiled, broke the cone of silence, and stood before heading down the aisle to the coffee urns at the front of the auditorium. "By the way, privacy is disabled until the meeting at ten."

As Ray added his preferred adulterants to the bean drippings, Jennifer came up to him. "No hard feelings over the test, I hope?" she asked.

"No, I understand where you're coming from. It'll work out, I feel."

"Good, I'm glad. I hate having to pick up tasking with hurt feelings involved. It's just business, nothing personal."

Ray nodded and made a mental note that it was 'just business' to Boch, something essential to keep in mind. "So when do I get to meet the rest of your team?"

"Jimmy will be joining me as point security. It looks like he's working well with Skepsi, which isn't a surprise - he's done so before for a different employer. The other four will be here momentarily. They were waiting nearby in case we signed on."

"Great! Is that them coming in the door?"

"No, I'm afraid I don't know those people."

Ray alerted Tauriz, who turned and politely asked the four what their business was coming here?

"We are here to discuss matters with Dr. Ray Helms and yourself, Ma'am. I'm Deputy Undersecretary for National Exotic Defense Jordan Shapiro of the NSA, and these gentlemen are a couple of specialists and my adjunct. We understand you're having a meeting here shortly, and we'd like to sit in as observers."

Ray sighed and excused himself from Jennifer. "You try ham-handed brute force, and now you're trying to worm into our meeting? If I do accept your presence, which I am not leaning towards, I'll guarantee you'll learn nothing. Even if your 'specialist' there is trying to hide his techniques, I am confident he won't be able to pierce the shielding we have available."

"Techniques?"

"Fine. Magic. Psychic power. Mojo. Whatever term works best for you."

"I see. Even if your nation asks for your assistance?"

"Perhaps especially if my nation that attempted to bypass its own self-imposed rules and restrictions asks, after being politely and not so politely rebutted."

"So, you acknowledge that the difficulties various parties experienced last night are your fault?"

"I know you have recordings of the discussion, Mr. Shapiro. I also know what happens when you replay those same recordings. I'll accept the blame for the initial issues your folks experienced, IF you accept the blame for attempting illegal actions against myself and my fiancée."

"We didn't start this off very politely. You are correct, Doctor. Your response has frankly scared many in places of power, however, and the current majority is indicating that we should see if peaceful entreaties might work better."

"Besides noting a complete absence of acceptance of blame and rather strongly disliking the not-so-subtle threat you are implying, a peaceful resolution is definitely of interest to us. I feel like we'd be fools to accept you into our planning. I will be glad to discuss matters with you at a later time, sir. Perhaps today after lunch? As you noted, we've got a full schedule this morning already."

"If that's the best you care to offer, I'll certainly accept that."

"Then we'll discuss more with you at one. Is this location acceptable to you?"

"It is, given the security you've managed to put up here."

"Then, we'll see you at one, sir."

"Until then," Deputy Director Shapiro said and led his henchmen back out. Four more people came in as they left dressed very professionally in suits, three women and one man.

"These four are my people, Ray. I've worked with them for two to ten years, and they've done great things."

"Glad to hear, Jennifer. Greetings, I'm Ray, and this is Tauriz. Welcome aboard. Jennifer has the basics of what we'll be doing together. I'm sure she'll fill you in as appropriate here shortly. Excuse me for a second, please."

Ray walked over to Jessica. "Undersecretary for National Exotic Defense? Is there such a position? And who the hell is Shapiro?"

"Good questions, Ray. I've got the sisters working on that right now, actually - I'd not heard of the position before."

"Nor have I, Ray, and I try to keep tabs on the oddities in the military-industrial complex," claimed the Dean.

"Wonderful. Please do keep me in the loop with what you learn, I'm rather concerned about this, and would love some facts on either side of the equation before one."

"Working on it - more as we get it."

"Thanks, Jessica, as always, I appreciate it."

Returning to Jennifer and her team, Ray apologized. "That stuffed shirt is a new twist, needed to make sure we were getting the information we needed for our meeting later. So, as I'm sure you've gathered, I'm Ray. Who're you folks, and what're your specialties?"

"I'm El DiCastro, I specialize in acquisitions, ordering, tracking down specific hardware, that kind of thing."

"Great, you'll be busy getting things set up here. I know Skepsi has some precise requirements for munitions, for example, and I suspect that Tongxin will have some interesting requirements for you to work through too. Welcome aboard."

"James Tolliver. I'm the 'emotionless accounting weenie,'" he joked, snapping into and out of a dull presentation voice at appropriate points to make the humor all the sharper.

"Somehow, I think you're also the team practical joker, James."

"I've been accused of such things. Luckily everyone knows we accountants are impervious to humor."

"Susan Rise. I handle international banking and tax, the day-to-day practice, as well as the law covering them."

"Susan, we'll be talking more soon. I'll be glad to pass over the financial fiddle-faddle to you."

"Betty Dahlrymple. You need to get someone or something someplace, that's my job."

"Good to meet you too, Betty. I see you've no deadweight on this team, Jennifer - sounds like a bunch of heavy hitters."

"Boch and Children won't keep lightweights on staff for very long at all, Ray."

"Oh, didn't doubt it, I'm just glad to see such a broad spectrum of skills on call. I take it as well that there's some cross over in skills?"

"This team's been together as it is for over two years now, which represents eight successful contracts for Boch plus support on others on a case-by-case basis. We've learned to make sure everyone pitches in when it hits the fan, which has happened on occasion."

"Great. So, the next meeting will be starting shortly, which currently has three items on the agenda. A background brief on some of the technology that's being close-held here - expect some oddities there, keep an open mind please - followed by discussing facilities as I'll be moving from a comfortable but way too small condo, followed in turn by an open Q and A session. You're likely in for some shocks, so please hold on tight."

"I expect they'll do fine, Ray," Jennifer said.

"OK, remember the NDAs first. See Jessica - she'll get you signed up and a copy back to you for your records."

Leaving the team to find seats together, Ray walked to the bottom of the auditorium. "May I have everyone's attention, please? For those who haven't signed an NDA yet, please see Jessica over there before we get started."

12