His Father's Lover

Story Info
Toby gives his mother a choice.
7.4k words
4.56
90.5k
103

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 10/31/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
NotWise
NotWise
730 Followers

When Kate's makeup was done she laid her lipstick on the vanity, folded her hands in her lap and bent forward to study herself in the mirror. There were so many changes. More than a year had passed since Toby went to college and left her nest empty. The house and the furniture were all the same, but the person in the mirror wasn't. Without her son around Kate was more introspective and slower to make friends, but she also had a counseling business of her own now as well as surgically restored boobs, a thinner body and longer hair.

"I did it for me." was what Kate said when Mary wondered why she changed her look. Certainly that was true, but she wasn't telling her younger sister the whole truth. She also did it for Toby. While Toby was a boy it was easy for her to be his ideal woman. Now that he was grown it was a struggle. Kate knew she would ultimately lose that battle, but the truth wouldn't stop her from trying.

An early spring storm howled outside and Kate glanced at the window where bare branches whipped in the wind. It was a good time to be somewhere south. The national conference of family counselors was coming up and this year it was going to be at a beach-front resort in Florida. While Toby was younger she might send him to his grandparents and use the conference as an opportunity to wake up with someone else. Now she was using it as an opportunity to spend more time with her son.

The wind swirled around Toby and made him pull his jacket tighter. He hesitated despite the cold. Spending a few days at the beach with his mother wasn't his choice. It was Granddad who insisted, "Work is slow here, go look after your mom." Toby had been away from home for more than a year, worked to support himself while going to school and yet Kate still treated him like a child.

Toby closed the door against the wind and left his suitcase by the stairs. He peeled off his scarf and jacket, then when he looked up to find Kate on the bottom step both of them caught their breath. Toby didn't really understand why Kate wanted to change her look -- he liked his mom the way she was -- but when she stepped into his arms he admitted to himself that he liked her new look too.

Kate leaned her head against Toby's chest and gave him a hug then stepped back, saying "I'm still not used to looking up at you, and you seem to get bigger all the time."

"Mom," Toby groaned, "you've been looking up at me since I was 14." Now Toby was nine inches taller than his mother and she still didn't get it. That was part of the problem.

"Don't settle down yet." Kate told Toby. "We need to find you a new suit and get alterations done today. I have a brand new evening gown for the awards banquet and I want a lot of heads turning when people see me on your arm." She squeezed his biceps while she spoke and was pleased to find that she would have a lot to hold on to.

"Shopping with Mom," Toby thought "could not be a good thing." He was right. Afterwards they sat silently in a steakhouse booth. They had argued over every detail of the suit and then again over the shirt, the shoes, the tie -- even the cuff links. Kate imagined a specific look and Toby finally gave her control of everything, telling himself "It's her money. I can wear it for her and then never again."

The server leaned over Kate to take her order and Kate started with "My son will take the..." and it was too much for Toby. He plucked the menu out of Kate's hand and folded it on his lap. Kate shut her mouth and glared at him, and the server stood back in surprise.

Toby completed the order. "We'll both take the prime rib, medium rare. Make hers a petite cut. We'll both have baked potatoes, loaded. Mom will have the succotash and I'll pass on the vegetables. And get her a new margarita, she'll be done with that one in a second." He handed the menus to the server with an air of finality, then turned back to Kate and raised an eyebrow.

"Thank you." Kate said. She sat up uncomfortably and gulped the last of her margarita. Clearly she had stepped over a line and a simple thanks seemed like the best response. They sat without eye contact until the server brought Kate's new margarita. She nodded to the server then turned back to Toby.

"Put your hand up." Kate said. She held her own hand up with her palm toward Toby and her fingers spread. Toby matched his palm to hers. It was a ritual that they performed at intervals while he was growing up, like measuring his height on the door frame. Now his hand dwarfed hers.

Toby slipped his thick fingers between Kate's and closed his hand over her hand. He whispered "I'm not a kid anymore, Mom. You need to let me make my own decisions." Toby didn't wait for her to reply. He pressed Kate's hand on the table and asked "Would you tell me about my father?" He asked questions when he was younger and always the answers discouraged more questions.

Kate cocked her head at her son without smiling. He was as old as she was when it all started, so it was finally time to tell him. "You were named for your father." She started. "We met outside my English 201 class during the summer semester after my freshman year. I was just your age and he became my one-and-only. It seems like so long ago, but the way I remember him now he looks like you -- tall, with wide shoulders and curly red hair. But his eyes are green, and you have Papa's blue eyes. You even have your dad's laugh, and I don't hear you laugh enough anymore."

A server interrupted to pour more water for Toby, so Kate paused before she went on. "We got pregnant that fall. It was hard for us because all the plans either of us ever had seemed suddenly impossible. We decided to marry and make a new future together."

"We were in a car crash about two weeks before our wedding. It was minor and neither of us were hurt in the crash, but Toby got out of the car to talk to the other driver and the other driver shot him -- shot him in the face and drove off." Kate's voice caught in her throat for an instant before she went on. "So we had a funeral instead of a wedding. I still visit Toby every year, but always alone."

"It was hard to see any future at first, when you were a baby. To your Granddad and Grandma you were their Toby all over again, and they were always willing to help -- even sometimes when I didn't want it. Papa and Nana helped too, and Mary was your constant baby sitter. Together we all managed to work things out."

Kate watched Toby's reactions while she spoke, and she kept watching him through the following days -- the way he protected her in crowds at the airport or on the beach, the attention he payed to her stories, and his ever-increasing annoyance when she tried to make decisions for him.

Kate was still watching Toby when he finalized his school work, laid his laptop on the coffee table and glanced into her bedroom. They had an hour and a half before the awards banquet.

Their bedrooms were separated by the sitting area where he worked, which now was flooded with the late afternoon sunlight off the gulf. Kate's door was open so they could talk and Toby watched his mother, wrapped in a hotel towel, drying her hair.

"You should be getting ready now." Kate called through her door. It was another instruction that Toby didn't need, and it wasn't even right. Maybe Kate needed an hour and half to get ready, but Toby didn't.

"What happened to your promise?" Toby called back and Kate hid her face, faining embarrassment.

It was only the night before when Kate said that she promised to treat Toby like an adult. The moon was nearly full and the breeze was a breath off the sand dunes. Toby sniffed the air, then pulled Kate out of the hotel to walk the beach. She hung on his arm and they walked toward the moon with the warm water lapping around their ankles. They talked about little nothings -- the sound of the waves on the sand, the moonlight on the gulf water -- until Kate broke the spell.

"What did you think of John and Carol last night?" She intended to ask that question after Toby first met them Thursday night at the opening reception, but she let it slip. Kate had been meeting up with John and Carol at conferences for eight years and was happy to see them again.

"They seemed like a nice married couple." Toby shrugged. "Wouldn't it be hard to be married and work together too? No time apart, you know?"

Kate snickered in the moonlight. "If the relationship they put on for show were really the truth then yeah, I think that would be hard." They walked a few more steps before Kate explained. "They're married, but not to each other. They don't even live in the same state. John and Carol get together at conferences once or twice a year and..." She paused searching for words, "play house."

"Play house?" Toby asked, annoyed at his mother's childish choice of words. "Is that what they call it?" Toby was studying his mother's face in the moonlight and his path drifted down the beach.

"Don't walk out too far," Kate scolded, "You can't see under the water."

Toby groaned at his mom, stopped and turned to look at her. "Mom, I love you but you have to stop talking to me like I'm ten years old. Everyone but you treats me like a grown man -- even Granddad."

"Sorry." Kate answered, biting her lower lip. "Old habits, I guess." Toby started walking again, leaving his mother behind. Kate hurried to catch up and tucked her hand around Toby's right arm so that she walked between him and the incoming waves.

Kate started talking again where she left off. "And no, they don't call it playing house. I think they call it a rational alternative to divorce. Neither of them is very happy at home -- and they're marriage counselors."

"Are we going to be sitting with John and Carol at the banquet tomorrow?" Toby asked.

"No, we probably won't be seated with anyone I know." Kate explained, "I think the tables are assigned to mix people from different places. I doubt that John and Carol will even go. They'll probably opt for more time in bed, or in the chair, or in the shower, or...."

Toby laughed at the way his mother's eye's lit up in the moonlight. "Is your imagination getting carried away?" he asked. "You must get something out of their relationship. Like a voyeur."

"I do not!" Kate exclaimed. She let go of Toby's elbow and when she drew her fist back to punch his arm her foot slipped off a little ledge of sand under the waves. She lost her balance and splashed down in water that came almost to her chin. The next little wave dowsed her and left her sputtering.

Toby laughed and offered Kate a hand, but she splashed water at him and got up by herself. "Don't say a thing." She said. "Not a thing."

Kate wrapped her arms around her shoulders and complained, "It's a lot colder out here when you're wet. I need to get back to the hotel." They walked quickly on firm sand above the waves and didn't speak again until they got close to the hotel. Kate bumped against Toby and said, "I'll try to treat you like a grownup, no talking to you like a child or trying to make your decisions. I promise."

But that was last night, and promises were easily forgotten. Toby glanced across the suite to check on Kate's progress. She watched herself in the mirror while straitening her hair with a styling iron. She brushed back the hair that fell in front of her shoulders and fastened it with a barrette so that all of her hair fell down her back. It was a simple, elegant look.

It was dusk outside when Kate stepped out of her room, holding the top of her strapless gown over her breasts. She asked "Are you about ready?" Toby turned on the TV after he dressed and was watching a basketball game while he waited for Kate. He only needed to put on his jacket. Kate didn't wait for his answer. She turned her back to Toby, lifted her hair and asked, "Zip me, please?"

Toby stood behind Kate, dragged the zipper up and watched her gown slowly close around her. He rested his hands on his mother's hips and bent over her neck to inhale her scent. When he looked up again he found Kate watching their reflection in the window, smiling. She kept smiling as she entered the banquet room on her son's arm and as she charmed the others seated at their table. She even smiled while she ordered the chicken plate for both of them, then she stopped smiling at Toby's angry glare.

"I'm so sorry!" Kate whispered her apology with her fingers to her mouth. "I just can't stop myself." It was too late for Toby. He knew that no matter what she said, his mother would never treat him like an adult as long as she still saw him as her little boy.

Kate's clutch vibrated and caught her attention. She found her phone in the clutch then looked up at Toby. "It's a weather alert from home. They're expecting another snow storm tomorrow. That doesn't make our trip back look very inviting."

"Can you postpone the flight back?" Toby asked. "I finished my reading and my papers through Monday, so I don't need to be back tomorrow. I can tell Granddad I'll be a day late."

Kate left Toby in the grips of the chatty woman on his left and took her phone to the lobby. When she slipped into her seat again she said, "Done deal. We're here until Monday afternoon." Kate caught the attention of a server. "Could I get a martini? Just a plain vodka martini, very dry please."

Toby made sure Kate's martinis kept coming and by the time the dinner was over and the last speaker was done she was flushed and laughing so that she could be heard by people two tables away. He helped her to her feet and guided her out of the room. When they reached the lobby Kate tugged on Toby's arm and pointed through the skylights to the full moon overhead. "It's stuffy in here. Let's walk back on the boardwalk, under that moon."

The boardwalk skirted the side of the hotel with access to the beach on one side and to the pool, hot tubs and each of the hotel entrances on the other. Toby couldn't think of any reason not to walk the boardwalk until they reached it. Kate's high heels were narrower than the gaps between the boards. She braced herself on Toby's arm and tried to take her shoe off, but teetered and lost her balance. Toby kept Kate from falling, then swept her up in his arms. Kate squeaked and her gown opened at the long slit in the skirt and exposed her leg almost to her hip. She started to arrange her gown to cover her leg, but Toby stopped her, saying "Don't do that. Your legs are beautiful, let people see them."

Kate laughed and motioned down the boardwalk commanding, "Home, James." Distant voices laughed over the sounds of water splashing in the pool as they passed and murmured conversation rose from the hot tubs. Kate laid her head against Toby's shoulder and he inhaled his mother's now slightly boozy perfume.

"Yo Kate!" John called from the hot tub and waved his bottle of beer. Toby had planned on carrying Kate all the way to their suite, but now he let her down on the pebbly concrete by the tub.

"First class ride!" Carol added, laughing.

Kate wavered a little while she picked her way across the rough surface, so Toby stayed close behind her to catch her if he needed to. She bent forward at the edge of the tub with her hands on her knees and asked, "Are you two going to stay around after the conference? Maybe we can get together!" Kate lost her balance and tipped toward the water. John lunged to catch her, but Toby grasped her hips and stopped her fall.

"Nice catch." John said, as Kate straightened herself. John settled into the water again and told her, "We'll be here all day tomorrow then leave Monday. Maybe we can spend the afternoon on the beach?"

They planned the day, then Toby tugged on Kate's hand and told John and Carol, "Good night. I think Mom is over her limit." He led Kate to their suite. She stopped outside her bedroom, seeming a little dazed, then teetered and leaned against the wall.

Toby stepped close to make sure that his mother was okay and when she looked up at him he realized it was the moment he needed to change the way she thought of him. Toby reached to the barrette that held Kate's hair, opened it and let it drop to the floor. Her hair fell to her shoulders and Toby slipped both of his hands around the back of Kate's neck and tipped her head back.

Kate watched in surprise as her son leaned to kiss her, first softly, brushing then sucking her soft lips with his. She closed her eyes and opened her mouth, inviting his tongue, and he pushed between her lips to explore her mouth. Kate welcomed her son at first, but then turned her head to break their kiss and tried to push him away, gasping "Toby! You can't make out with your mother!"

"Mom!" Toby growled, and grasped Kate's wrists. "If this is what I have to do to keep you from treating my like a child, then I'll do it. Things between us have to change." He lifted Kate's hands and pinned them to the wall over her head, and then leaned to kiss her again—roughly this time, penetrating her, muffling her protests.

Kate struggled only briefly, then to Toby's surprise she relaxed and gave him her mouth. Her breath on his cheek came hot, rapid and shallow. In Kate's state, the man who pressed her against the wall was not her son, but the lost lover that he so resembled.

Toby shifted Kate's wrists into one hand and with his other hand he reached to her breasts. He felt his mom through the satin gown and when her nipples hardened he slipped his hand behind her and pulled her zipper down to the small of her back.

Kate struggled to break his kiss again and complained "Toby, I can undress myself!" Toby kissed Kate's lips again, then her ear. Kate exhaled and a shudder traveled down her spine. She tipped her head to offer her son the soft skin below her ear, and then her throat.

What started for Toby as a demand for change became more exciting, more erotic when Kate became aroused. Toby tugged at the front of her gown to free her left breast and cupped her in his hand. She was full and soft and her nipple between his fingers was firm. Toby tugged again at the gown to free Kate's right breast, then he pushed her gown down over her hips and let it drop to the floor.

Toby stepped back, hardly believing what was happening or how excited they both were. Kate panted for breath with her gown crumpled around her ankles. He stepped close again and Kate draped her arms over her son's shoulders while he knotted his fingers in the hair at the back of her head.

The room spun around Kate. She caught her breath when she felt a rough hand push down inside her pantyhose and thick fingers comb through her tightly trimmed delta. She closed her eyes when his hand cupped between her legs and he started working his fingers over her and into her. Kate, without thinking, let her weight sag into Toby's hand.

Toby kissed Kate's mouth while he held her with one arm around her shoulders and his hand between her legs. He felt his mother's wetness trickle around his fingers while she ground herself against his palm. Toby's cock strained in his pants, urged on by Kate's growing excitement. He wanted nothing more than he wanted to feel his mother climax in his arms.

Kate broke their kiss and gasped for breath. Her son's hands pushed her to the brink of her orgasm, then off the edge. Her slit contracted around his fingers and Kate clutched at his back and screamed through her climax.

There was no waiting for Kate to regain control. Toby picked her up out of her crumpled gown, carried her to his bed and laid her among the pillows. He turned on the bedside lamps and peeled her pantyhose down then dropped her nylons and her high heels beside the bed.

Alcohol and excitement left Kate confused. She writhed naked on the bed and touched herself while she watched her son. Toby kicked his shoes away then pulled his suit off and bared his broad chest. Kate gasped at the sight of his thick rod and realized clearly for the first time what her son intended.

NotWise
NotWise
730 Followers
12