His Healing Touch Ch. 02

Story Info
Callie is rescued.
1k words
4.59
34.9k
11

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/05/2022
Created 02/23/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was freezing; suddenly awakening, Callie found herself surrounded by snow and Melody was no where to be found. She knew the horse had gone on to find some sort of shelter and hoped that when she did, someone realized that she was out here. She stumbled to her feet and started walking on, no idea where she was headed, just hoping to stumble upon someone. Soon though, the cold once again tightened its icy grip and she stumbled to her knees and feinted.

----

Luc and Blake pushed the horses on, searching the woods for any indication of a human lost in the snowstorm. Luc looked to his left, and out of the corned of his eye saw something red in the snow. Motioning to Blake to follow him, he spurred his horse in the direction of the red fabric he saw. As they got closer Luc saw that it was a jacket, and there lay a woman, on her back in the snow. He jumped off his horse and leaned down to the woman, checking for a pulse. He was relieved to find a strong beat. He pulled the woman into his arms and mounted his horse, cradling her in front of him. He stripped himself of his sheepskin jacket and took off the woman's frozen jacket, replacing it with his body warmed one. He and Blake turned their horses and headed back to the house. Blake radioed to the others and told them to get the Explorer ready to take a trip to the hospital.

"Do you think that was her horse we found?" Blake asked.

"I don't think so," Luc stated. "Looks like a hiker to me, hence the hiking boots. She also looks like a city-girl, not one to be able to handle the mare we found." He explained.

"Very true," Blake acknowledged. "She was also a ways from the horses tracks. But whatever she did, she looks a little worse for the wear." He noted. "She looks to be a bit bruised."

The men set in a companionable silence, and when they reached the house they found the Explorer ready to go, and his other siblings waiting to take care of their mounts. Luc handed the woman down to Caleb, dismounted, then reclaimed her and carried her into the back of the SUV. The heat was blasting to hopefully warm the woman up. The car was silent as they made the twenty minute drive to the hospital. Luc's father had called ahead and when they arrived some hospital staff was waiting with a stretcher. Luc stepped out of the Explorer, the woman cradled in his arms. As he was about to lay the woman on the stretcher she stirred, and eyes the green of emerald stared up at him. As he lowered her to the stretcher she clutched at the lapels of his shirt and looked at him with big vulnerable eyes. He bent closer as she began to whisper to him.

"Please...don't...leave," she whispered.

She then slackened her hold on his shirtfront and promptly feinted. He watched as they wheeled the woman away and started when Blake tapped him on the shoulder.

"Ready to go?" His brother asked.

"Actually, I was going to stay, to see how she makes out." Luc stated. "She may need some help once she wakes up."

"Alright," Blake acquiesced. "Just give a ring when you're ready to come home.

With that Blake spun on his heel and walked back to the explorer. Luc walked into the hospital and inquired after the woman. After getting to the nurse at the desk to notify him of any changes, he settled his long frame into a chair and set out to wait.

----

The whir of machines and low murmur of voices greeted Callie. She felt weighted down and ached all over. As she tried to take a deep breath she was wracked with coughs. Her throat was sore and her lungs ached. She tried to open her eyes and after a few tries was successful in lifting her weighted lids.

"Ah," she groaned.

I ache everywhere. She thought to herself.

"Ah, back to the living are we?" someone, a stranger asked.

Looking around she saw that she was hooked up to many machines.

"Wha-"

"You were found stranded in the woods amid a snowstorm," a woman; Callie assumed was a nurse explained.

Suddenly recognition swooped down on her, and panic rose. She wearily closed her eyes and let the tears slide down her cheeks as she relived the events that had led her to lie in this hospital room. She heard the drone of the nurse's voice, but couldn't answer. Her brain decided that enough was enough, and soon she slipped into blessed sleep.

----

Luc tipped up his Stetson and looked up as he heard footsteps approaching his seat. He stood up and walked towards the nurse he had seen accompany the stretcher.

"How is she?" He asked.

"She came to, but fell asleep again." The nurse reported.

Luc continued to grill the nurse about the woman's condition. He didn't know why, but he felt protective of the fragile woman he had found in the snow. Because his family was so well known in Jansville and the surrounding area, the nurse divulged more information than she should have.

"She's got some fluid in her lungs and looks as though someone was beating on her." The nurse said. "There was some indication of sexual abuse, but she wasn't raped, she's still a virgin."

Luc nodded. "Can I see her?"

"Surely, she's sleeping now though, so try not to disturb her."

With that the nurse turned and left him. He strode to the woman's room, and quietly entered, sitting in a chair next to the bed. He took her hand and warmed it within his significantly larger one. He studied her face, noting the bruises that marred her face and neck. As he studied her sleeping form, he had to admit that he was attracted to her. Flaxen locks framed a delicate face, one of an angel's. She looked so frail and helpless lying there. At that point, he knew he would move heaven and earth to keep this woman safe.