His Name Was Jack

Story Info
And he changed my life.
11.7k words
4.63
93.5k
125
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BigGuy33
BigGuy33
3,102 Followers

His name was Jack, and he was looking for a place to live.

I owned a duplex and was living in one side of it while renting out the other side. My most recent tenants had just moved out so I put an ad out and put a sign in the yard.

I was divorced and had been for nearly three years. My wife had decided that I didn't make enough money to put her in the lifestyle she felt she was entitled to, and my ambition level was such that she didn't expect me to manage that anytime soon, if ever.

Linda didn't feel she should have to work. She felt her job was taking care of me and our future children (which were now no longer going to exist) and it was my job to provide for the family. This allowed her plenty of time to eventually get involved with local multi-millionaire Walter Hobbs, and to eventually leave me for him. She and I had been married for 9 years at the time (she was 30 then) and he was 27 years her senior. But he was loaded and single, and that's all that mattered to her at the time.

Despite her relationship with Walter, the courts saw fit to divide everything we owned 50-50, and Linda made no effort to dissuade them of this decision. I managed to scrape together enough to make a significant down payment on this duplex and the rent I charged on the other side made a big dent in the mortgage for the entire property.

The unit had been available for about a week when I got Jack's voice mail asking if he could take a look at the place. I called him back and we set an appointment for that weekend.

I was in my garage workshop awaiting his arrival and saw his little white import pull up to the curb. I watched as Jack pulled himself from the small car. My first impression was that he was about my age (early-thirties) and was what I would assume ladies would think was good looking. His demeanor, however, was not one of confidence but rather sadness and resignation. I wiped my hands and went out to greet him.

"Jack?"

We shook hands.

"That's right. Jack Jamile. You must be Henry."

"Sure am. Let's take a look at the place."

I was pretty handy around the house so had replaced the carpet in the living room since the last tenant moved, plus I had repainted the entire place. Since it was a mirror image to my half I knew where everything was and gave him the so-called grand tour. He seemed interested as we went outside.

"I like it, Henry, but could you come down $100.00 on the rent. It's a little more than I can afford. I know it's asking a lot, but I just got divorced so I don't have much, and I need someplace where my kids can stay when I have them."

"I understand, Jack. I don't have kids but I'm divorced myself and my wife got a lot of the money when she left even though she cheated on me. Kind of a crappy system where a woman can cheat and basically get rewarded, am I right?"

Jack hesitated just a bit, but then quickly agreed with me, adding "my cheating wife even got custody of the kids."

I saw an opportunity to help someone who was in much the same place I was a few years ago, so I agreed to lower the rent for the first year and we could see where things stood at that point. He thanked me for my understanding and we went in and completed the paperwork. His credit was lower than I would have liked, but with the divorce I wasn't surprised so I let it slide.

He brought his stuff over after work each night that week and I helped him get set up as best I could. Once he was all settled I invited him over for some beers and to throw some steaks on the grill. I offered to treat since he was a little short.

"So, do your kids live near here?" Obviously his kids lived with his ex but I didn't want to upset him by mentioning her.

"My old house is about 20 minutes away, but I chose here because it's close to work and that's all I've got right now."

I recalled from his application that he was a salesman at the Toyota dealer that was on the interstate and not too far from here.

Jack explained that he and his wife had two kids, ages 2 and 4. His wife worked part-time for a local bank and he said she hooked up with someone that worked nearby. He said he forgave her more than once but she wouldn't stop; or rather, she said she couldn't stop because she craved the experience so much. Eventually it tore them apart and now he's paying child support and alimony so he's struggling despite making a good income at the dealership.

<><><><><>

Her name was Linda, and she was my ex-wife.

I told Jack more details about Linda and how she had volunteered to work on the campaign for a mayoral candidate that she believed in. Walter Hobbs was one of his biggest supporters (and donors) and she had been asked to be a sort of liaison with him directly, mostly to ensure the donations kept coming in.

As you have probably guessed, he became quite smitten with her beauty and she became quite smitten with his bank account. It wasn't long before he was asking her to be his date for various fundraisers and charity events. I raised plenty of objections but Linda assured me it was all perfectly innocent and part of her job. Eventually the nights started getting later and later and there was little doubt about what was happening.

Finally I came home from work one day to find her at the table with divorce papers in hand and her things already packed. There were tears and apologies and the like but it was made clear that I couldn't change her mind. Not that I wanted to by that point but she felt compelled to make sure I understood.

I was particularly irritated that she sought a 50-50 split of the assets since she was leaving for a rich guy, but she justified it by saying that anything could happen between now and the day they got married and she needed to have backup resources. To her credit she didn't ask for alimony and I sure as hell didn't offer.

The final decree that I picked up from my attorney 90 days later was anti-climactic. She was already living with old Walter in his ridiculously oversized mansion and I wasn't seeing anyone, so it was really just the final piece of a puzzle that had been mostly completed and collecting dust.

Jack and I spent the rest of the evening watching a ball game on TV before calling it a night, and over the next 3 months we hung out quite a bit. I got the impression he didn't have many friends but I didn't really push for information.

One night about this time, after Jack had just left to head over to his side, there was a knock on the door. Jack had left so recently that I assumed he had forgotten something. If only that had been the case.

"Hi Linda."

My ex-wife stepped through the door without so much as a hello. Unfortunately I had left a large gap when I opened the door and she took advantage. I turned to see her standing behind me and having turned to face me. She wore some outfit that I assumed was name brand and very expensive. It certainly looked it. I never could understand paying those kinds of prices just because of who made it.

"Good evening, Henry. How are you tonight?"

"Same as always, Lin. What do you want?"

"Do I have to want something in order to stop off at my ex-husband's house to visit?"

"So you're saying all you want to do is say hi, play catch up with our lives?"

"Not at all. I was just asking a question, but the truth is there is something that I would like."

"I can't imagine what that would be. We split everything fair and square, at least as far as the courts are concerned. What is it you want?"

"Henry, are you seeing anyone these days?"

"How is that your business, exactly?"

"It's not, really, but it goes to why I'm here.

"No, at least no one in particular. Now what's this about?"

"I want you to fuck me."

Well, that was a surprise. We let that kind of hang out there and stare at each other across the room as I quickly wondered what her angle could be. Only one possibility came to mind.

"Old Walter not getting it done, Linda?"

"Well, he did just turn 60. He has those pills that are very helpful but they only make him able. They don't give him energy and stamina. And in truth, it's never really been that great. I thought it was at first, but I realized that was fueled by being with someone new and the thrill of doing something naughty."

"Does he know you're here?"

"Not exactly, no. But he's in London and I'm here and what he doesn't know..."

"You're a good looking woman, Lin. You could have just about any guy out there. So why are you here?"

"For a couple of reasons. One, I can't count on the discretion of some one night stand in a bar, and considering who I am, or rather who my husband is, I must be discrete. You I trust completely."

"You think I'd keep your secret even after you cheated on me?"

"You're an honorable and kind man, Henry. I don't believe you would be so vindictive as to rat me out, even feeling about me the way you do."

"Assuming that's true, and I'm not saying it is, you said there were a couple of reasons."

"I did, that's true. Henry, my faithfulness or lack thereof aside, I think you and I would both agree that in the bedroom you and I were hotter than an active volcano. You were by far the best I ever had and I'm pretty sure you'd say the same thing. We made magic in bed and I'd like to have that again."

"So you want this to be a regular thing?"

"I'll take whatever you'll give me, but a regular thing would certainly be wonderful. And you have to admit there's a certain poetry to it. I cheated on you with him and now I'd be cheating on him with you."

The look on her face suggested she was quite proud of how she had worked this out. This was certainly not the woman I had married, and I was amazed at the change in just a few years from someone that valued fidelity, or at least said she did, to someone who was treating adultery in such a casual manner.

"Linda, I agree that you and I were a force to be reckoned with in the bedroom, but you know very well that I'm not a casual sex kind of guy. I don't just hop into bed with a woman. I have to feel something for her and, frankly, I just don't feel anything for you anymore. Even if I did it just to be nice it wouldn't be the same, for either of us."

"You never know unless you try. Maybe some of those old feelings would come back."

"Maybe, but the fact is I don't want them back. Losing you the first time was hard enough. I have no desire to go through those feelings again. I'm gonna have to decline your offer. Sorry, Lin."

Her shoulders slumped as she let out a sigh. She clearly thought she could convince me to have a no-strings roll in the hay with her, and even though she was probably getting laid with at least some regularity by old Walter and I hadn't been with a woman since my last time with her before that fateful night, I got the impression she needed this a lot more than I did.

"Well, you can't blame a girl for trying. Thanks for your time, Henry."

I opened the door and she swept out much as she had swept in when she first arrived. She paused just outside the door and turned to say one more thing.

"Henry, please don't doubt that I still love you and wish things had turned out differently."

She gave me a quick peck on the cheek and then she was gone.

<><><><><>

Her name was Julie, and she was Jack's ex-wife.

I met her for the first time about 5 months into Jack's residence in my duplex. One of the terms of his divorce was that he had to provide the transportation for his weekend visits, so there was no reason for Julie to come over to his place.

Suddenly, that changed. I was in my workshop, as I usually was in the evenings, when I saw Jack coming home from work...on a bicycle. His car wasn't in his driveway. I had been aware that it hadn't been there for a few days but didn't give it much thought until now when I saw him but not his car. My first thought was that it was in the shop, but that wasn't the case.

"Hey Jack!"

"Yeah, Henry?"

"What's with the bike? Where's your car?"

"Oh, you know, I decided to get healthier so I started biking to and from work. It's really made a difference."

"Okay, but what about your car? Don't you need that to get your kids?"

He started to answer but apparently couldn't come up with a reasonable response, and suddenly his whole body slumped and he looked at me with sadness in his eyes, like that first day I'd met him. He finally resigned to telling me the truth.

"I had to sell it. I had a couple of off months at work and between what I owe my wife, I mean ex-wife, and the rent I needed the cash."

"They don't have cars at the dealer you can use?"

"Only for management. Salespeople are on their own."

"But how are you gonna get your kids?"

"Julie agreed to do the driving until I can get back on my feet."

"Shit, Jack, you should have come and talked to me. We could have worked something out. I know you're good for it and us victimized husbands needs to stick together. I'm not rich but I could have given you a break for a while."

"I appreciate that, Henry, but I didn't want to be in your debt if I could help it. I'd feel like I was taking advantage of our friendship."

"Fair enough, but if you have anymore problems you come to me and we figure it out, all right."

He agreed and then wheeled his bike into his garage. I felt bad for the struggles he was enduring, all because his wife couldn't keep her legs closed. Sure, she had agreed to drive the kids back and forth, but it wouldn't be necessary except for what she had done. I had never met the woman but I didn't like her very much.

That changed on Friday when she came by to drop the kids off for Jack's weekend. They pulled into the driveway and Jack immediately came out to greet them. He helped his kids (now 5-year old Jasmine and 3-year old Jonny) out of the car and thanked his ex for dropping them off. I could see in his expression that he missed her but she seemed a little cold.

I have to admit she was one beautiful woman. She was not very tall, maybe 5 feet, but had a nice body, as evidenced by the workout clothes she was wearing. She was not very chesty but had a nice butt and thick, powerful looking thighs, which was my thing.

She caught me staring and gave a little smile as she yelled 'Did you get a good look?' though there didn't actually seem to be any anger in her tone.

Embarrassed, I simply turned back to the project at hand and hoped she'd be on her way. No such luck, it turns out, as I soon felt her tap me on the shoulder.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Yes I did, and I'm sorry, it was inappropriate. It won't happen again."

"See that it doesn't," she said, but again I got the sense that she wasn't mad and in fact thought it was kind of funny.

She took another step into my garage workshop at all the various tools and benches I had. I think it's a pretty impressive setup, especially for being in a single car garage. It got a little tight sometimes but I made it work.

"This is a lot of stuff. What kind of work do you do in here?"

"I build custom furniture. I'm working on a rocking chair right now."

"Really? That's interesting. My grandfather used to make small wooden toys and stuff in his basement. Nothing on your scale but he enjoyed doing it and liked giving the toys to the kids in the neighborhood. I got to help him sometimes. We became very close."

She actually seemed genuinely interested and asked some intelligent questions, and so I was motivated to at least give her a good tour. We ended up talking for about an hour and she was very nice. A few times over that hour I thought 'it's too bad she's a cheating slut' or words to that effect.

The next day Jack was in the yard playing with his kids and asked about his ex having stayed around so long. He had noticed her car didn't leave for some time. I explained about her interest in my workshop and the look around I gave her.

"Did she talk about us, or our marriage?"

"No, it never came up."

He seemed relieved at that answer, which I couldn't entirely understand but didn't give it much thought. I presumed he just wanted his private life left out of the conversation.

When Julie came to pick up the kids on Sunday evening, Jack made a point of engaging her in conversation, and it looked like it got a little heated, though I didn't hear what was said. At points during their talk they both looked in my direction and I assumed they were trying to be sure I didn't hear their private business.

When they were done and Jack had seemingly made his point, he retrieved and loaded up the kids and they drove away. Afterwards he walked over to me.

"Everything okay, Jack? It looked like things got a little bumpy there."

"Oh, you know, ex-wife stuff. Nothing worth talking about."

We had a few beers before parting for the evening.

<><><><><>

The next couple of weeks passed without incident. My regular daytime, bill-paying job as maintenance director for a local fast food franchiser was uneventful. I really enjoyed the job. I didn't like being stuck in an office so having a job that sent me from location to location doing repairs, with really no supervision, was like a dream come true for me, job-wise. As long as I got my work done I was mostly left alone. Of course, it would never make me rich and was the reason that Linda sought greener pastures.

I was in my workshop again when Julie dropped off the kids that next Friday. I always had a few projects going and now was no exception. Because my projects were custom, they were made to requested specifications (the rocking chair I was currently working on, for example, was for a large man so he had asked for a wider seat and more support) and were fairly pricey.

I actually hoped to make this a full time business at some point but I wasn't there yet. It had been a hobby when I was married but I had spent the past 3 years trying to grow it and was having decent success.

Jack got the kids out of the car, and again said something to his ex that seemed to involve me in some way. She seemed irritated by whatever he was saying and then got right into her car and left even before Jack and the kids were in the house. I sure did wonder what was going on.

I got the answer to that question on Sunday when she came to pick the kids back up. She arrived about an hour early and actually parked up the street a couple of houses, which was apparently to keep her car out of Jack's sight lines, and came over to where I was working. I greeted her politely but again I didn't have a particular affection for her so was confused as to why she was coming to see me.

"I'm not supposed to talk to you."

"What do you mean?"

"I know you saw Jack and me talking last time and again on Friday. He says he doesn't want me talking to you, that you're his friend and I need to stay away from you."

"And yet here you are."

"I enjoy talking to you, and watching you do the work you're doing."

I didn't really know what to say to that so all I could manage was "interesting". I'd have to ask Jack about this later.

We talked while I worked until it was time for her to get the kids. We didn't even talk about Jack. We talked about movies and music and even dabbled in politics, but I find that to be an explosive topic and kept it to a minimum. I found her to very interesting and easy to talk to, and of course very physically attractive. If only she wasn't a cheater.

Interestingly, when it was time to get the kids she went and got her car and drove it up to the front of Jack's house, to give the appearance that she had just arrived, I presume. Jack brought the kids out almost immediately and put them in the car. As Jack knelt down to say goodbye to his kids Julie caught my eye and gave me a smile and a little wink.

<><><><><>

I decided against asking Jack about his no-contact order between me and his ex. I didn't really care, but I was curious about it. I assumed he was just trying to create a boundary, to keep her out of what was now 'his life' as much as possible, but asking about it would let on that I knew about it, and the only way I could know about it was if Julie told me, and for some reason I thought that to be a bad idea just now.

BigGuy33
BigGuy33
3,102 Followers