His Sister's Tutor

Story Info
Russian older brother meets Chinese tutor.
15.5k words
4.71
85.1k
58

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/16/2022
Created 04/14/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So this is my first submission. It's a long slow build up story. I'm hoping you get to know the characters and enjoy the slow burn between them enough so that the pay off in the second half is a bit more satisfying. Comments are welcome and this is actually the first of a two part arc that I'm working on.

*

Part 1: Taking Attendance

"Okay, so you have five rocks here and five rocks here and another pile of five rocks here," Alise said to the little blonde girl seated beside her.

Illyana looked hard at the picture her tutor had drawn on the paper on the table.

"How many rocks do you have?" Alise asked.

She rocked in her chair slightly, her hands clasped on both sides of the seat, her cheeks ballooning as she pursed her lips and thought. She nodded each time she counted quietly to herself. Her actions didn't go unnoticed by her tutor. Alise was observing carefully and also not without a sense of satisfaction. If it had been 5 weeks ago, when the evening Homework club had started, Illyana would have been pouting with her head on the table or staring at the wall kicking the table leg. In fact she had to be dragged by her brother into the library's meeting room the first couple of sessions and refused to even look at the young university student who would be her personal tutor for the next 2 months.

But Alise Zhang was just as stubborn in her own way, in the most positive of ways. She was a young woman whose character was built from a mixture of intelligence, kindness, and enthusiasm for whatever she did. There was nothing intimidating about her in any way. Whenever she focused on something or someone, it was never with a hard stare like she was forcing herself to pay attention but rather an attentive gaze from her dark eyes. Those same dark eyes would twinkle like little gems whenever she smiled and Alise smiled a lot and laughed often. When she tutored the most belligerent of kids, she never doubted she would eventually be able to win them over because she enjoyed them so much.

"15." the little girl spoke and looked up for approval.

Alise lit up with an affectionate smile, "That's great. You're right."

"Yes!" Illyana pumped her fist.

Alise laughed and also pumped her fist. Of all the kids she tutored, she would have to say that Illyana was the most enjoyable. The girl had advanced so much in so little time. She came to the Homework club because her lack of confidence in her English skills had set her back in school as well as socially with her classmates. She was becoming an introvert and because of her grades, she needed to take catch up classes for summer school. But now she and Alise talked all the time and her education skills had blossomed in turn. Alise genuinely shared in the little girl's excitement when she accomplished something.

The two of them worked for a few minutes more alone in the meeting room. The other tutoring couples had finished over half an hour ago, all the other young kids having been picked up dutifully by their families. As usual, Illyana's brother was late.

Neither of the girls minded though. Again, Illyana liked being with Alise and vice versa. Along with the gratification Alise felt helping the little girl, there was also another personal benefit she enjoyed.

"Are you ready to graduate now, Yanny?" called a deep voice from the doorway.

Both of them looked up from the table.

"Bobo!" Illyana squealed and ran from the table to meet her brother with a big hug and beaming smile.

Alise smiled at him too...and not due to politeness alone.

"Hi Kris," she said.

Kristoff held his sister's hands and waved to her. She continued to smile as she shuffled over towards them. Kristoff had model-type good looks: short brushed brown hair, deep blue eyes, and lean muscular figure. To this day, the first thought in Alise's head whenever she saw him was the same as when they first met: "Wow."

"I am sorry. I am late again," the young man said genuinely regretful.

"That's okay," Alise said and then waved a mocking hand, "I'll just add it to you bill."

The two laughed as Illyana pulled away and scurried back to the table. "I show you my test today, Bobo! I did well!" she chirped as she rummaged through her bag.

Kristoff couldn't hide his smile but as he turned to Alise, he softened again, "No, Ms.Zhang, I am very, very sorry for always being late."

Alise was already shaking her head and waving him off but he held up his hand.

"No! This is wrong of me. I should be respectful and responsible of my time." He spoke firmly. Alise smiled gently and nodded. She understood the importance of the matter for Kristoff. He was only 21, a year younger than she was, yet here he was charged with looking after his 8 year old sister when he was 19 after their parents had been killed in a car accident. Actually, he insisted that he would take care of her, being her only family in the country. She would not go back to Belarus so long as he was working.

Alise said, "Okay. It really isn't so bad, though. I love working with Illyana."

She relaxed a bit and grinned, "And what's with the 'Ms.Zhang' business."

"One most be respectful of elders," he smirked.

Alise leaned back as if she were shot in the heart, "Oh! Oh! Yeah, right! Now I'm mad!"

He may have been younger but his height and hard edged face actually made him appear decidedly older than Alise.

She then recalled that he never did refer to her by her first name, "I think you're allowed to call me Alise."

"Ah-leez," he spoke deliberately, then shrugged with indifference.

The two chuckled some more as Illyana returned with a clutch of papers and presented it to her brother. Kristoff nodded and smiled approvingly.

"Hey you got an 'A'!" he said holding up her poster project of grasshoppers, "This is her first time!"

Illyana was glowing, "Yes! Alise...I mean Ms. Zhang and I did that!"

"Really?" he looked at the tutor.

Alise was amazed by the proud look on his handsome face. He looked like a proud father.

"Well," she said, "I helped her with the lay out. She did all the studying and writing."

"This is great, Yanny," he said and pulled her close to him, rubbing her arm briskly. Turning to Alise he added, "Thank you so much."

"Yes, well, okay...I'm great!" she joked.

They all laughed.

"No seriously, Illyana is so smart. She always was," Alise said with a confident voice, "She just needed a different approach to studying."

Kristoff sighed and spoke with a heavy sincerity, "As I said, we must thank you for that. We have been very lucky to have you as her tutor."

"Oh, thank you," Alise smiled.

"As Yanny has told me," Kristoff continued, "You are as smart as you are pretty."

Alise's draw dropped as her eyebrows raised. She managed to form her mouth into a crooked smile but it was still gaping.

"Bobo!" Illyana said punching her brother in the stomach then burying her head in his side. "Don't say things like that!"

"What is it, Yanny? We should be honest with your tutor!"

"I-I-I..." Alise drew her breath and forced out her words, "I, uh, guess I'm not that smart, then!"

Kristoff focused his blue eyes firmly on her and spoke, unwavering, "I think you are very, very smart, Ms.Zhang."

Alise blinked and smiled. She was sure her round cheeks were flushing a cherry red by now.

"I-I...um...well, what do I say?" she asked.

"You say thank you?" he replied.

She inhaled deeply then sighed, "Well, thanks."

"Okay Yanny," Kristoff said pushing her away, "We must let Alise go home now. Go get your things. Dinner is ready at home."

Alise watched as Illyana skipped over to the table. She was such a happy child now. It brought her to ease as she looked at the girl and she was able to speak more clearly, "I think you're the one who's done a good job with her, Kris. I don't think I could raise a younger sister on my own."

He was staring at his sister as well and he nodded, "It has been...an education."

Alise looked up at him, "Hey, well, maybe you can give me a few personal lessons sometime."

The man pulled his gaze away from his sister and placed it on to the young woman with the warm smile on her face. His lips drew to a determined line, and his eyes had the slightest squint to them, darkening them to an ocean blue.

Immediately, Alise recoiled, "Ooh, that sounded a bit weird, huh?"

The tension she felt building didn't ease, neither did his gaze. She bit her lower lip, and relaxed only a little when Illyana returned and took Kristoff's hand.

The tutor and student exchanged good byes. "See you next week, Illyana. Work hard at school."

"I will," the little girl answered.

Alise looked at Kristoff hesitantly.

He nodded slowly towards her, "I promise not to be late from now on. Good night, Ms.Zhang."

"Good night, Kristoff," the sudden formality was unnerving.

He nodded then waved and walked out of the room with his sister.

Alise stared at the empty doorway for a full 10 seconds before blowing out a long sigh and running her hands through her long dark hair. She then went to her table to clean up.

***********************

"You enjoy seeing Ms.Zhang,don't you, Yanny?" Kristoff said as they walked back to their apartment.

"Yes!" Illyana chirped, "Do you, too?"

He pursed his lips and nodded his head as walked. He stared out ahead of them as he spoke, "Yes. Yes I do."

Even when they had first met, Kristoff had taken a fleeting moment to note that Illyana's tutor was a sweet and attractive young beauty. She had the twinkling small but exotic Chinese eyes, a gentle pretty face that glowed when she smiled that wide upper-teeth smile of hers, and long black hair noticeably missing the red highlights that almost every other young Asian woman her age had streaked into theirs. And even with the baggy pants and sweatshirt hoody that she wore he could tell she had a nice slender yet soft body. The awkward pair of beach style rubber thong sandals she walked around in just seemed to add to her unique, relaxed, and attractive qualities.

Her gentle yet perky and energetic nature just seemed to accentuate her physical beauty like a glowing aura.

Kristoff would have been blind not to notice her even if they were just passing in the street. But it was his commitment to his sister that had focused his path these days. A reconciled player from his teen years, his days of fooling around from girl to girl ended with the passing of their parents. Girls had become something to look at rather than to touch.

Two years had been such a long time for a young man like him.

"Can we ask her home for dinner some time?" Illyana asked snapping Kristoff back to the present moment.

"Hmm?" he frowned at her.

"Maybe Ms.Zhang can come for dinner?"

Kristoff stopped on the sidewalk and thought for a moment. He rubbed the back of his head like he did whenever a plan came to his mind.

He nodded and continued to do so as he looked down at the apple-cheeked face of his dear sister.

"I think," he spoke matter-of-factly, "That is a very nice idea, Yanny."

She gasped with excitement, "Yes!"

Illyana swung their hands together as they turned up the steps of their apartment.

"But when she comes over, I will not have to do homework, right Bobo?"

"No," he said as he opened the door, "No lessons for you that night."

It was at the moment as he spoke the words that Kristoff had perfect clarity. His heart skipped slightly with a deep rooted excitement that was immediately washed away with a calculating determination that he hadn't let surface in over two years.

There would only be one person he would want to give lessons to that night.

Part 2-Assigments

Alise hurried down the stairs from the meeting room floor, her sandals making flip flop sounds on the tiled floors. She checked the library floor and then went over to the gym and asked the attendants if they had seen Kristoff Maximo today.

"Check the weight room downstairs," one staff member told her.

The weight room was in the basement of the facility. It had the decidedly dull grey and beige colours throughout and as you made your way down deeper into the concrete rooms, sounds just echoed from wall to wall.

Alise slowed down as she made her way to the basement. Her sandals made quite the slapping noise in that part of the building and she didn't want to annoy anyone. Before she reached the bottom and made the turn into the corridor, she could hear loud stifling grunts along with the clank of metal.

She shuffled slowly towards the weight room, all the while the grunts and clanks growing louder and louder.

She peered carefully into the window of the weight room.

There was only one occupant.

Kristoff did three more curls, his biceps rippling and straining, each one accentuated with an aggravated grunt. Then he put the weights down with a gasp of air.

He drew in large breaths and ran his hand through his wet dark brown hair. His whole body was covered in a slick sheen of sweat and oil as he pulled up the bottom of his white sleeveless top to wipe off his face, a six-pack of ab muscles stretched across his belly, being cooled by the lone fan blowing in the corner of the room.

Alise chewed her lower lip.

He grabbed his bottle and leaned back as he took a long deliberate swig of water.

"Uh, um...," a soft voiced croaked from behind.

Kristoff gulped, turned and then squinted at the person at the door.

Alise had managed to stop staring at him long enough to edge her way to the doorway. She was hoping to God he hadn't noticed her watching him.

"Hello Ms.Zhang," he said, his smile turning to a joshing grin, "Or is it Alise?"

She snapped out of her funk with that and rolled her eyes, "Uh, I think we can go with Alise," then she waved a mocking finger at him, "For now!"

Kristoff chuckled then a stunned look came to his face. He gasped and grabbed his watch from the ledge, "I am not late again am I?"

"No! No!" Alise waved her hands, "The session isn't over yet but Illyana finished her homework already. I think she's a bit tired though so instead of playing I think she wants to go home."

Kristoff was already packing his gear into his bag as she spoke.

"But that's okay," she pointed with both hands to the stairs, "I can ask her if she wants to read a book until you're ready."

He shook his head, "Not at all, Alise. I was done anyway."

He stretched his arms and reached behind to stretch his back. Alise couldn't decide if she should just go or continue to stare.

"Really, it's still another 15 minutes, I can..."

"No!" he said. There was that firm, but not harsh, voice of his that just settled her quietly. "I am done. I can pick her up early as some repayment for being late so many times before."

"That really isn't..."

He raised his eyebrow at her. She immediately stopped.

Alise then nodded and spoke, "Okay. Then consider all debts paid."

His gear slung over his shoulder, he followed her down the basement corridor.

"Debt is not cleared," he said.

Alise stopped at the stairs. Holding the hand rail, she looked back, "Huh?"

"No Alise," Kristoff said, "Debts are not all paid. I have been late many times."

She was about to say something but thought better of it. Just his unwavering gaze alone was able to keep her passive now.

"Illyana and I would like you to come for dinner with us."

"Oh. Oh, no, Kristoff, I can't accept-"

"Yes you must," he insisted.

"Y-you don't have to buy me dinner," she said, trying her best to curb the stammer she got whenever she was panicked.

Kristoff smirked then bobbed his head in a zealous nod, "No Ms.Zhang, we cannot buy you dinner due to our financial circumstances...unless we treat you to French fries at the McDonald's."

The remark was sadly true but he tinged it with enough sarcasm and a goofy grin to break a smile upon her face.

"I will fill your belly with the cooking skills of chef Maximo," he declared.

"Oh! Is that the idea?" she asked.

"That is the idea, yes," he replied, "Illyana and I insist."

Alise paused for a long moment. Though the initial shock had worn off, she was still trying to be careful here.

"I-I'm not sure, Kris," she said looking at him thoughtfully, "It might not be right for a volunteer to accept gifts from their clients."

It sounded painfully professional, but it also seemed right.

It was his turn to speak deliberately, "Very well. You are not the tutor. Illyana is not the student. I am not the client. We have dinner as friends."

Again she thought for a long moment, her lips slowly drawing to a wide grin and her eyebrows arching high as she nodded, "You're not serving Borscht, are you?"

Kristoff leaned closely over her, "No Borscht. Pig stomachs."

Her head circled in an attempted nod, "Sounds yummy."

"Next week after tutoring," he said, "You can go tell Yanny. She will be very happy."

The broad, warm smile returned to the young woman's face finally. She turned and led the way up the stairs.

Kristoff followed two steps behind her watching her small, round bottom shift beneath her track pants as she walked up.

Part 3: The Lesson Plan

Everyday leading up to the night of the dinner, Alise contested in her head whether or not she did the right thing by accepting the invitation. She realized the reason she couldn't decide was because there were several levels to the quandary. The idea of a volunteer being served dinner by the student's family still was bothering her a little. But when she had told Illyana that she was coming and the little girl hugged her then ran over to her brother to do the same she realized just how genuine the gesture was. It really was like friends more than clients.

Then there was something else. Kristoff. Everything about him was so unclear. She couldn't begin to sort out what she felt, if she felt anything at all, about him. And when she did think about him, the only images that came to mind were of him in the weight room, muscular and lean, his handsome face straining with a look of attractive determination. The guy was hot. It bothered her to be so focused on the physical, to be objectifying him that way. Her judgement, which she was renowned for and which she relied on for everything from her confidence to her relaxed nature, was clouded to say the very least.

Yet, there she was, sitting beside Illyana like she always did, going through her homework, looking up at the clock every five minutes. She was anticipating when he would come to the door and take them home for dinner.

She even changed her usual tutoring outfit. Gone were the baggy cargo or track pants, replaced with a pretty, yet still casual, denim skirt. She wore a green golf shirt that hugged the form of her body. Her hair was still straight and jet black but had been washed and brushed to a silky softness.

Her signature rubber thong sandals remained.

Illyana was clearly excited. As it turned out, not only was her tutor coming over for dinner but she also was invited by her friend in an apartment a few floors above her for a sleepover later that night. She had a difficult time focusing on her work but Alise just enjoyed the sheer giddiness of the little girl, perhaps even shared in the feeling.

She looked up at the clock just as it turned 7 o'clock and almost instantly, a tall figure with dark hair and blue eyes entered the meeting room.

"Bobo!" Illyana squealed and scurried off into his arms.

Alise looked up, pursing her lower lip, then looked at the clock again nodding. "Wow. 7 on the nose. I'm impressed."

Kristoff simply smiled back then knelt down and whispered something into the little girl's ear. Then he handed her something which she immediately hid behind her back as she turned to face Alise.

Alise looked at her with a curious gaze. Illyana approached her, a huge mischievous toothy smile on her face.