Hold On Until It's Over

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It is, Makoto," Ford continued softly. "I'm going to get old, and I'm going to die. Do you really want to put yourself through that?"

"I'll cross that bridge when I come to it," was all Makoto said. He wanted to smile at the fact that for once someone he slept with was trying to get him to leave instead of to stay. It just went to show how different Ford was from anyone else.

"I don't want to hurt you..."

"Ford. Shut up," Makoto said, interrupting the other man's flow of speech before he could go any further. "This was supposed to be a one time thing, but you and I both know that that's impossible. You're... special."

Snorting softly and finally drawing Makoto's gaze back to his face, Ford smiled softly before speaking. "You're going to inflate my ego by saying things like that."

"It could use some inflating," Makoto rejoined, half joking but mostly serious. He got the impression that the few lovers Ford had had were not kind to the blond's ego.

Sighing softly when it looked like Makoto wasn't going to be moved by common sense, Ford reached for his thick duvet and pulled it up over their cooling bodies. "Will you stay, then?"

"Am I going to get staked come sunrise?" Makoto asked jokingly.

"Only if you snore," Ford replied with a smile before tugging the other man close and getting comfortable. This was a million kinds of stupid and he was probably going to end up breaking his own heart, but he couldn't seem to force Makoto to go when it was obvious it was the last thing he wanted.

Makoto laughed a bit at that even as he wrapped his arms around Ford and help him close, somehow addicted to the way the other man's heartbeat felt against his own chest. "I think I'm safe then. You have to breathe to snore."

Ford didn't respond, his breathing already soft and even as he slept.

Brushing back unruly strands of blond hair that was still lightly sweat soaked from their exertions, Makoto sighed softly. Ford was right. This was probably the biggest mistake he had ever made, and yet he still couldn't bring himself to leave the other man's side. It would probably end up breaking both of their hearts, and yet he felt like it was worth the risk.

Because in less time than it had taken for him to save the man's life, he'd somehow gone and stupidly fallen in love.