Hollywood After Dark Ch. 05

Story Info
Katherine dodges the Rose Petals; more celebs get involved.
35.2k words
4.56
33.4k
5
0

Part 5 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/09/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Better late than never. Probably goes without saying now that the series is very far along and those who haven't read up to this point should probably just skip to the sex parts (though I hate that you would). For those who have read from the beginning...enjoy, because the plot twists and turns are going to just keep on coming. Feedback and suggestions always welcome. _______________________________

Standard Disclaimer:

You must be 18 to read this story, be able to read erotica in your community, not be offended by the contents of it...blah blah, you know the rest.

This story may be distributed freely, for commercial or non-commercial use, but PLEASE leave my email/name on it! That's all I ask!

This work is complete fiction, all made up in my head. Yes I know the celebs don't act like this in real life, but this is a fantasy after all.

This is Part 5 of an ongoing series. __________________

Fuckin & fightin, it's all the same - Sublime

KATHERINE'S STORY:

Taking the stairs two at a time, I hurried out of the hotel down the emergency stairwell just at the end of the hall. My mind was a jumbled blur as I went over what had happened: the Rose Petals had been arrested, thanks to my timely placed call to Charlie and his friends in the Las Vegas Police Department. But things hadn't gone as well as I thought, for Eliza Dushku had not only managed to avoid being picked up by the cops, but I was almost 100% sure she saw me at the end of the hall, out of harm's way.


My hands shook as I gripped onto the cold metal of the hand rail, going down the stairs rapidly. If Eliza really did see me, and in my mind I knew she had, what would happen? Certainly the fact that I darted away before she could even think to come after me and question me looked suspicious, but already I was trying to calculate an alibi. I had told the girl's at Jessica Biel's initiation that I was stepping out to get some ice, but would any of them, especially Eliza, believe that? They weren't stupid, but then again I doubted that they would have expected me to just walk up to the cops, arms extended to be led away.

I paused on a landing of one of the floors for a moment to catch my breath, the blood pumping through my ears. Listening, I could have sworn I heard some one up above me on the floors that I had just descended, they too taking the steps very quickly. Even hesitating for a moment was a big risk, but now that I had stopped, I could not hear a single noise in the stairwell, save for the hum of the track lighting over head. Gathering up more momentum (the adrenaline in my body was going too fast now to make me really notice the growing pain in my legs from rocketing down the stairs in high heels), I continued down ward, each step just like the rest as I went down.

Finally reaching the ground floor, my face soaked with sweat, I paused by the exit and opened it slowly, peaking out. The lobby of the hotel was full of guests and gamblers, all going about their business. Even at 11 at night, the place was hopping, thanks I'm sure in no part to the lack of clocks anywhere in the building. Stepping out slowly, I shut the heavy metal door behind me as quietly as possible, and straightened my dress and hair as best as I could, walking slowly outward towards the exit. I kept a slight smile on my face so that people wouldn't notice the sheer panic that was bubbling inside me. Moving slowly, I scanned the lobby for Eliza. It was hard to make out a single person, even one as strikingly attractive as her, for people moved like ants around the lobby, coming and going in all shapes and forms possible.

I let out a slight sigh of relief as I reached the revolving exit door and stepped out into the Vegas night.

I began to walk more quickly now, immersing myself with the crowd as I continued on, trying to seem like one of the pedestrians by mingling with an eclectic group of drag queens in front of me, their conversation like cat howls as they gossiped and joked with one another, their deep voices and obvious sign of what really lay beneath their fancy dresses.

A few blocks past the Mirage, I spotted a pay phone, shrouded slightly from the garish glow of the Strip. I had left my purse and everything else in the hotel room when I left, so my call to Alex would have to be a collect one.

Picking up the receiver, I scanned around me nervously again, the mixture of faces a blur as they moved past me, cars honking along the busy street as I cupped the mouth piece and dialed the operator. I waited patiently, shifting my weight from one foot to the other as I watched the people once more, waiting on Alex to accept the charges.

"Hello?" his voice said, a familiar life raft in the storm that was raging inside me.

"Alex! It's Katherine!" I said into the phone, ducking my head into the terminal.

"Katherine? What's wrong? Did everything go alright?"

"Yes, I mean no, I mean...sort of. The Rose Petals were arrested by the LVPD just a few minutes ago. They took Tara Reid, Kate Hudson, Jessica Biel and Jamie Pressley," I said to him.

"That's great then. What's the problem, why do you sound so upset?"

"They didn't get Eliza,"

There was a pause on the other end. "Shit."

"It gets worse. I made my exit like I had planned, waiting and watching as they were led out of the room in cuffs. But after the last cop had walked out of the room, I saw Eliza at the other end of the hall,"

"Did she see you?"

"Yes, I think so,"

Alex sighed loudly into the phone. "Fuck. Then she probably knows something is going on, especially since you weren't taken away. Did she say anything to you?"

"No. She saw me and we made eye contact for a few seconds and then she bolted before the cops could see either one of us. I left the hotel as fast as I could and here I am calling you,"

"Do you think she suspects you of something?"

"How could she not?" I replied, my voice tense. "It did look a little odd,"

Another pause.

"Alright, well let's assume she saw you. That means that, with her free, Vegas isn't a good place for you to be right now. If she isn't looking for you herself, then certainly someone will be in no time,"

"Right, and that's what I'm afraid of. Oh Alex, I wish you had come with me! I'm scared out of my mind!"

"Calm down Katherine, it's going to be alright," he said, trying to reassure me. "Where are you now?"

"I'm at a payphone on the street, a few blocks from the Mirage,"

"That's probably not the best place to be right now,"

"I know that Alex," I hissed into the phone "But I had to call you, didn't I?"

"Yes, you did. Calm down Katherine, let's think this thing out. You need to get out of view of anyone who might be looking for you. A hotel or driving back tonight would probably be your best bet,"

"I don't have my purse. I had to leave it in the room,"

"Shit. Alright, well look. Here's what you do: find yourself a Western Union. That shouldn't be hard in a town like Vegas. Find one as far away from the Strip and the Mirage as possible and then call me. Tell me where you are at, and I'll wire you some money right away. Then, once you get the money, take a cab and find a hotel - nothing fancy or expensive, but not in the ghetto either. That might be the first the place they look. Pay for your room in cash, under a fake name, and hole up there. Once you get into the room, lock the doors and call me. When I know you are safe, I'll leave right away and probably be there first thing in the morning to come get you. Don't open the door or answer the phone for any reason, alright? I'll knock four times on your door to let you know that I'm there, and only then should you answer the phone. You got all that?"

I sighed. "Yes, I think so. This entire thing is nerve racking Alex. I'm used to people wanting me for my celebrity and appearance and all that, but never like this,"

"It's going to be fine Katherine, I'll be there as soon as I can. Just get to the Western Union as fast as you can and call me. You need to get off the street," he said.

"I will Alex. But please hurry,"

"I'll be there as soon as I can Katherine. We can talk more about this when I get there. Right now, you need to get going, alright?"

"Yes, ok. Bye Alex,"

"Bye Katherine. I'll be waiting by the phone for you to call,"

ELIZA'S STORY:

Leaning against the frame of the wall, I listened for the cops to leave. As soon as I heard their heavy footfalls fading away, I looked around the corner again for Heigl. She was gone. This was not a good sign, and certainly didn't do much to convince me about her role in what I had just witnessed.

Why the fuck was she just standing there, letting her sisters get taken away? Something wasn't right here, I just knew it. And now that she had run away, rather than wait and try to talk to me? Yeah, the bitch was certainly up to something.

But she could be dealt with later. My head was throbbing already from the headache this ordeal was sure to cause. Part of me wished that Salma or Hapsboro were here right now to help me deal with this, but the inevitable call to them would have to do. Walking out into the hall, I passed by the suite with the yellow police tape over the door. Scanning the hall to make sure I was alone, I ducked inside the suite quickly, careful to move as quietly as possible.

On one of the tables, I saw the residue of some coke. So, that's why they had busted the girls. I knew that our contacts in Vegas wouldn't just go looking to stir up trouble, so something had let them know that the drugs were in here. Or perhaps more fittingly, someone. Walking around the room quickly, my eyes scanning over everything, the place had pretty much been demolished from the ensuing carnage of the girl's arrest. Chairs were knocked over, pillows were strewn about the floor and someone had left the television on.

Making sure not to touch anything, I approached one of the bedrooms. The bedspread on the queen sized bed was rumpled and, as I ran my hand over it, still warm. The faint smell of sex was still present on the air and from all indications, it looks like I had missed out on some pre-initiation fun. I turned to leave the room when something caught my eye: a purse.

Moving towards it, I stopped for a second to make sure the cops weren't coming back. Then, picking it up from it's resting place on the chair, I opened it up. Inside was a cell phone and a wallet, plus a key ring full of keys. Opening the wallet, I hit pay dirt: it was Katherine Heigl's. Whatever had made her leave the room had been important enough for her to leave incriminating evidence behind. Her mediocre driver's license photo smiled up at me as I closed the wallet and put it back into the purse. Stepping over a discarded bottle of champagne, I walked towards the exit of the room and, ducking again underneath the police tape, I left the suite with Katherine's purse in tow.

Heading towards the elevator, I waited patiently for the ding and then stepped in, the doors closing in front of me as I leaned back against the wall. So as not to arouse suspicion (with the cops in the building, I knew the hotel's security would be watching the elevators and the guests like hawks), I casually opened the wallet and took out the cell phone.

Pushing one of the arrows, I looked at the last two numbers dialed. One was just a set of numbers from an LA area code and didn't seem to have any special purpose. Punching the arrow down again, the plot continued to thicken. On the small screen, the name ALEX appeared, with a phone number beneath it. Holding the phone in my hand, I almost pushed SEND and dialed the number, curious to see who would pick up. But my judgment got the best of me and I instead hit clear, setting the phone back into the purse as I draped it's thin strap over my shoulder.

The elevator came to a halt and the doors opened, into the chaos of the bottom floor. The cops bursting into the hotel had caused a ruckus that hadn't been there even a few minutes earlier when I arrived, and I knew it best to just make my exit as quickly as possible. Stepping outside, I reached into my own bag and took out my valet ticket, handing it to the pimply kid who stood there gawking at me slightly. With a sneer, he got the hint that I wasn't interested and left to go get my car.

A moment later, he pulled up expertly in front of me and, rounding the hood of the Jaguar, handed me the keys. I gave him a polite smile and climbed into the convertible. The kid shot me a distasteful sneer of his own at the fact that I didn't tip him, but as I pulled out towards the street, waiting on the mess of traffic to clear, I flipped him off and pulled out quickly between two cars, following a few cars ahead the caravan of cop cars headed for the station.

Sitting in traffic, I reached into my purse and pulled out my cell phone. Dialing Gordon's number quickly as I switched lanes, I waited a few rings before his groggy voice picked up.

"Yes?" he mumbled. "Who is it?"

"It's Eliza Gordon. I'm here in Las Vegas and we have a problem," I said to him as I inched through traffic.

"It better be fucking good to call me this late," Hapsboro said bitingly.

"It's not good in the slightest Gordon, that's why I'm calling you. I was at the Mirage tonight, for Jessica Biel's initiation and, well, things went wrong,"

There was a pause on the other end.

"Went wrong how? Jesus Eliza, you fucking actresses and your theatrics..."

"Just shut up and listen Gordon, I'm explaining," I spat back at him.

Telling him what I knew, about how the girls had been arrested and the cops had taken away the drugs with them, and how that Heigl woman had been standing around watching the whole fucking thing like it was a television show.

When I finished, Hapsboro was silent.

"Where are you now?" he said calmly.

"I'm on my way to the jail, where do you think? This is really bad PR Gordon, and not just for the Rose Petals either,"

"I know that. Alright, listen to me. How long till you get there do you think?"

"20, maybe 30 minutes. Traffic is a bitch,"

"Alright, good. When you get to the jail, I should have everything taken care of. I'm going to make some calls. Tell them that you work for Mr. Willis when you get there and they should let you back. Try to calm the girls down, but tell them not to speak to a single person about what happened, only to you. If you have any problems, call me back. I'll tell them to expect you, and speak to you further about this in the morning. Clear?"

"Crystal,"

"Good," Hapsboro said, before hanging up. I set the phone back down in my purse and thought to myself about the whole situation. I wished the Heigl bitch was around right now so that I could pin her down and ask her what the fuck she was doing. But thinking about her more just pissed me off, so I tried to get a level head as the cars in front of me opened up and I got a clear path towards the city jail, the cops a few cars ahead of me.

Pulling into the police station a few minutes later, I waited and watched as the van with the girls pulled around back. Counting off two minutes in my head, I turned my car off and stepped out, walking towards the entrance.

The room had that desert smell in it, the police force obviously not trying to recreate the ambiance of the rest of Vegas. Walking assuredly towards the front desk, I rapped on counter top with my fingers, waiting for the overweight donut muncher to hang up the phone.

"Yes, how can I help you little lady?" he said with a deep Western drawl.

Great, a cowboy. I bit my tongue and tried to remain as professional as possible.

"Wilton Willis sent me," I said.

The cop stared at me blankly for a moment, his brow furrowed as he looked me over in my dress.

"And?"

"And nothing. Go speak to your supervisor, he will tell you what that means,"

"Look lady, I AM the shift supervisor tonight and if you think you can come in here and hassle me then..."

"Fine, look, shut up for a second and listen to me,"

"Did you just tell a police officer to shut up?" the man said, lifting his considerable girth from the chair as he interrupted me, standing up. I remained poised, smiling at him sardonically.

"I'm sorry. Excuse me, officer. Please call your superior and speak to him. He will clear this whole thing up,"

"And why should I do that?"

"Because if you value your job, you'll do it,"

The man, whose name I now read as Chacer on his nametag, scowled at me. An on duty cop entered into the room from behind him, sipping a cup of coffee.

"Hey, Billy, come here and watch this one for a second, I gotta make a call. I wouldn't even be doing this you know miss, if you weren't so damn beautiful,"

"But I am," I retorted with a savageness in my voice. "And you are going to make the call. So please go do it,"

Continuing to shoot me a nasty look, the cop named Billy came over and stood next to Chacer by the desk, setting his coffee cup down as he looked at me warily.

"I'll be back in a second," Chacer said, moving past Billy down the hall and disappearing into an office.

I smiled politely at Billy. He was kind of cute in a rugged sort of way - strong jaw, nice build. If I didn't have more important things on my mind, I knew I would probably flirt with him. But given that I wouldn't even BE here if it wasn't for what happened, the point seemed moot.

We stood there for a few minutes until the heavy breathing sound of Chacer emerged from the hall. He ran his hand through his balding head and flopped down back into his chair, the thin slats of wood groaning under his weight.

"Go on back Ms. Dushku. The guards have already been informed," Chacer said, a tone of defeat in his voice. Billy looked at Chacer with a look of disbelief as I passed by them around the corner, but Chacer simply shrugged and gave Billy an "I know, I know" look.

My heels clicking on the tiled floor, the hallway grew darker as I headed towards the end. Another cop sat in a chair to the left of a barred jail door, reading a sports magazine. He glanced up when I approached and, straightening himself out to look presentable, he cleared his throat.

"You Willis' girl?"

"Yes, I am. Would you open the door please?"

"Yes ma'mm," he said, reaching onto his belt buckle for the keys. Sliding a long one into the slot, he turned it and with an echoing click, the lock opened and he pulled the door back.

"They are in cell 8, last one on your right," the cop said as I walked briskly past him.

Entering the walkway between the cells, I was smart enough not to favor one side or the other as I walked, the cat calls coming from the cells almost deafening as arms and faces pressed through and against the bars, futily trying to grab me. At the end of the hall, I turned to look into the cell, seeing my protégés, lovers and friends looking dejected on the cot, their cell door surprisingly open. The cop at the end of the hall stood with his hands on his hips, watching me, but he didn't say a word.

Jessica Biel and Tara Reid sat huddled next to each other, their heads pressing together. Their clothing looked matted and wrinkled, obviously thrown on in a rush, and their faces were streaked from crying. Kate Hudson sat at the end of the cell bed, her feet kicking back and forth as if she was bored, the straps of her dress hanging off her shoulder. Jamie Pressley meanwhile, leaned in the corner of the cell, her arms across her chest as she watched me enter, her green eyes conveying nothing as I walked in with a smile.

Upon seeing me, Tara and Jessica jumped to their feet, mobbing me in a mass of arms and hair and tears as they babbled into me, relieved at my presence. Kate stood up from the cot and walked over to me, giving me a simple hug as Tara and Jessica continued to talk and make a general noise, their arms hugging my waist tightly.