Home Ch. 03

Story Info
Trouble in paradise.
4.5k words
4.68
38.4k
44

Part 3 of the 9 part series

Updated 10/04/2022
Created 05/26/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thanks again for feedback! and Double thanks to my kind editor MoaningLover.

*******************

Peyton stared at the ceiling, dazed. Ms. Broughton had called earlier that Saturday morning to tell her that she gotten the secretary job and would be starting on Monday. The theme song from The Jefferson's popped into her head. Well, we're movin' on up. To the east side. To a deluxe apartment in the sky. Movin' on up. To the east side. We finally got a piece of the pie.

She knew she wouldn't be getting a deluxe apartment in the sky, but not living in a church shelter was close enough. Peyton closed her eyes and thought of Nate. Just his name made her face feel hot. Remembering the feel of his lips and the strength of his hands made her body quiver. A storm cloud of emotions swarmed in her head when she thought of Nate; she was happy they kissed, confused about why she felt so strongly about him though they only just met, horny, guilty for getting horny in church, and angry at herself for running away from him.

She sat up and traced her fingers over her lower back. I can't let him see. Peyton then decided to avoid Nate. He must be angry at me for giving him blue balls, she thought. He probably thinks I'm a coward. Then again, he probably doesn't even care; he could get any woman he wanted. Most likely one without an ugly body.

She lay back down and rubbed her eyes at the feeling of hot tears about to run. She heard a soft knock at the door and banished the thoughts away. When she opened the door, she was greeted by Jane's grinning face.

"That handsome Nate fellow is here to see you!" she said giddily.

"Tell him I'm sick and won't be seeing anyone for a while," Peyton sighed. Jane gave her a worried look, but Peyton didn't feel like explaining. She closed the door and crawled back into bed.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nate stared down the clock in his office. 4:30. Maybe I'll just leave early, he thought. I am the boss after all.

It had been two days since he'd last seen Peyton and he already missed her terribly. He'd gone to visit her on Saturday, but - by the look on the woman's face who'd greeted him - Peyton had blown him off. He went again on Sunday and got the same treatment. It was now Monday, and Nate wouldn't stand for this. He planned on revisiting the church right after work, walking in, and not taking 'No' for an answer this time. He usually got off at five, but he couldn't take it anymore. He grabbed his coat, bid fair well to the employees he saw, and took off to the elevator.

During the drive to St. Michael's, Nate tried to think of what to say, but fell short. All I need right now is for her to know how much I care about her. Once at the church, he was greeted by the same older woman he met last time.

"Where is she?" he asked simply.

"She's not here, Mister... um-"

"Nate. Nate Tennison. She's not here? Where could she be?"

"At work, Mr. Tennison. She started her new job today."

Nate smacked his palm onto his forehead; he'd forgotten that Peyton had interviewed with his ex-girlfriend. He'd actually been hoping that she wouldn't get the job, but that hope was in vain. He ran his fingers through his ash brown hair and closed his eyes to think for a moment. The woman just stood there, watching him nervously.

"What's your name?" he finally asked.

"Jane Brooks. Peyton is a friend of mine."

"Then can you please tell her I stopped by?"

"Yes, I can!" She answered pleasantly.

Nate thanked her and left quickly. His felt a headache coming on as he drove home. He missed Peyton. He kept gripping his smooth, yet manly hands on the steering wheel tighter and tighter, thinking about her. He wanted, so desperately, to tell her how he felt; to tell her that in the short course of time that they'd known one another she'd brought undiluted happiness back into his sad little world. He felt so much for her, but at the moment, over everything, he felt fear. He was scared of losing her; that his brief ray of sunshine would be blocked away once more by pain and he'd be all alone. He was afraid of returning to the solidity of his house, hoping that one day it would be more than just plaster and furniture, but a safe haven of love and comfort. In the years he'd known Addison, she'd never made him feel that way. In the days that he'd known Peyton, he'd felt it every single moment. Now, he could lose her, and he had no one to blame but himself.

As he pulled into his home, he noticed a figure on his doorstep.

"Dammit, Addison," he cursed aloud. He stepped out of his car and walked over to the covered front porch he'd designed himself. To his surprise, it was Peyton at his doorstep.

"Hello, Nate," she said shyly. She was wear a suit, so he guessed that she'd come here straight after work. She looked like she was freezing. Nate pulled off his coat and wrapped it around her.

"Hi, Peyton," Nate opened the door and led her inside. "What were you doing out there? You're going to catch your death!"

"I wanted to see you, but I didn't know what time you got off work. So, I came straight here and waited."

She shivered, making Nate's heart pang with worry. He shuffled her over to the couch and covered her with a nearby blanket.

"I'll make some hot chocolate." Nate went into and set about making the drink for Peyton.

Though he was upset that she'd sat out in the cold waiting for him, he was happy she was there. Guess she's not angry with me. He glanced over at her and smiled. She looked so cute to him, all curled up on his couch like a kitten in a blanket. He quickly finished in the kitchen and returned to Peyton, drink in hand. Peyton thanked him quickly and downed the cup, relishing in the heat it spread within her.

"Ah, that hit the spot," she licked her lips slowly.

Nate was mesmerized by the movement. He willed himself not to stare at her lips. He moved closer to her and rubbed her back.

"Feeling better?" he asked sincerely.

"Yes," she said quietly, putting down the empty cup. Peyton started playing with her fingers again; he picked up on her nervousness. "Nate, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For running from you on Friday and avoiding you all weekend. I'm usually not so cowardly."

"You don't have to apologize. I figured I'd probably pushed you-"

"No!" Peyton said urgently. "I wasn't running from you. I was just afraid for you to see."

"See what?" Nate asked, lost. Peyton removed the blanket from her shoulders and began unbuttoning her blouse. Stunned, Nate sat and watched her. Once it was open and she sat in her bra, she reached behind herself and unzipped her skirt.

"Peyton, what are you-"

"Hush," she interrupted. "I need to do this."

She pushed down her skirt. "When I was growing up, before my mother left, she used to pin point all the parts on my body that were imperfect. I was a kid, so all of her pointers sank in. The one thing she hated was my baby fat. It kind of stuck around my mid-section and she detested buying me anything that showed it off. 'There are two kinds of stomachs: the washboard and the curdled cheese,' she used to say. 'Guess which one you have.'"

Nate winced. "Nice Mom."

"Tell me about it," Peyton turned her back to him. "When she left, I thought it was because of me, and I didn't handle it well. I ate my father out of house and home. He pretended not to notice because he loved me, but I still noticed. Then about two years ago, he told me that she'd died. A car accident in some nameless part of the world. Before my father's death, I'd never cried so hard in my entire life. I stopped eating after that. I almost couldn't stand food. But my father wouldn't allow me to waste away. So I got smaller. I thought it was a good thing until... these started showing up."

She bridged her back and lifted her shirt. Nate looked down her back. Her smooth brown skin was corrupted at her lower back with an array of stretch marks. He looked closer, and saw scars.

"Peyton, not all of these are-"

"I cut myself." She blurted out. "I was so close to being perfect when the marks came. I couldn't stand my body and, I guess in a fit, I took a box cutter and-" Peyton's voice cracked. Nate could see the tears run down the side of her face. "I-I ran from you because I couldn't bear the thought of you seeing this broken part of me." She pulled down her shirt and turned back to Nate. He gentle put his hand on her cheek and wiped away her tear with his thumb.

"I'm honored," he said faintly.

Peyton looked up at him. "What?"

"I am honored that you decided to show this part of yourself to me. I know how vulnerable you must be feeling right now. To think that such an extraordinary woman, like yourself, has enough trust in me to reveal your pain is humbling."

Peyton was taken aback by his response. She looked into his inky dark blue eyes and saw something that made her heart skip. Love, maybe?

Nate reached around her waist and turned her away from him again.

"Nate, what are you-"

"Quiet. I want to do this." He hushed her and pushed up her blouse. He placed his lips against Peyton's spine and heard her gasp. She tensed up and gripped the couch for dear life. Nate's lips lingered before tenderly kissing a trail down her back. Peyton closed her eyes tight. She felt more tears spill from her eyes. She tried to breathe evenly, but Nate's kisses melted her resolve. When he reached the tip of one of her scars, Nate slid his tongue out and ran it down the scar.

"Nate," Peyton let out in a rush of breath. Nate didn't stop. He outlined each scar he saw with the tip of his tongue. He placed light kisses along the marks and held her all the while.

"You are absolutely beautiful," Nate murmured against her fevered skin.

Peyton squeezed the couch harder. Her heart anguished over Nate's ministrations; no one had ever been so gentle with her. She finally felt Nate's mouth pull away. She then realized that she was trembling. Nate placed his hands over hers, which were still balled into fists. He leaned down to her ear.

"Peyton," he whispered. "You can let go Peyton. I'm right here. You can let it all go." He squeezed her hands tepidly. Peyton relaxed her hands and fell back into his embrace.

"I want you" She whispered softly.

Nate's heart thundered in his chest. She wants me, and I lied to her.

Peyton turned to face him, but found her face against his hard chest. Unable to control herself, she wept. She couldn't remember the last time she cried, let alone sobbed this hard. Nate held her close. Instead of spoiling the moment with words, he gripped her against his body and stroked her cheek. They lost time in their embrace. Peyton couldn't how long they'd lain like that when she finally sat up.

"Thank you," she said in a hushed tone.

"You're welcome."

Peyton only then realized that her bra clad breasts were exposed. This fact would normally have embarrassed her, but at the moment, it excited her. She wanted Nate to see her. She shrugged the blouse off her shoulders. Nate's eyes travelled from her face down to the pair of chocolate orbs that threatened to free themselves from their confines. Peyton reached behind herself again then, this time not taking her eyes off Nate's. His eyes were lustful and made her moist just being under their gaze. She unclasped her bra and got rid of it quickly. Nate swallowed hard and was suddenly overwhelmed with the urge to go slow. Wouldn't want to scare her away again. However, in the contrary to his urges, Peyton didn't want to slow down. She wanted him, every bit. She surged forward and kissed him fiercely. Nate was very pleasantly surprised. Peyton adored how succulent, soft, and thick his lips were. Instead of nipping at them, she gently bit his bottom lips. A moan rumbled through Nate's throat as he pulled her closer - as if it were possible to be any closer at that point.

He lay back on the couch completely and pulled Peyton onto his lap. She wasted no time pulling her skirt up around her waist and straddling him. Nate cupped her face and turned his head away. Peyton looked down at him with worried eyes. He gave her a devilish smile. He had no intention of letting her take full control. He ran his left hand through her hair, and then suddenly gripped it tight. Peyton felt her heart leap and her - already damp - pussy leak more. Nate brought her head down to meet his and kissed her slowly, more sensually. He teased her lips with his tongue but held her by the hair in a stern grip. Peyton whimpered at the sudden slowness, not sure whether it turned her on even more or just frustrated her. With his stronger right hand, Nate cupped her generous ass and gave it a good squeeze. Peyton arched her back and pushed against his hand. Nate removed it and just before Peyton knew what happened, brought it back down with a merciless swat! Peyton jumped at the unexpected pain. She was more surprised by how much she liked it. She looked Nate dead in the eyes as he delivered a second, albeit softer, blow to her ass. She threw her head back and gave a happy moaning outcry.

"You liked that, baby?" Nate asked sincerely.

He had spanked her on impulse and worried now if he'd hurt her. The pleasured look on Peyton's face dismissed his worries. He gazed at the delectable pair of bare breasts and couldn't resist pulling Peyton up against his tall lean body and taking one of the chocolate kiss, nipples between his lips. It fit perfectly in his mouth and he suckled hard. Nate breathed in deep, the scent of her skin. What usually reminded him of comfort now sent wanton cravings through his mind. Peyton murmured incomprehensible sounds of longing and ran her fingers through his hair. Nate caught her nipple between her teeth and gingerly bit her. Peyton gasped, gripping and digging her nails through his work shirt into his shoulders. Nate brought up his left hand and held the other breasts with care. He held the other nipple between his index finger and thumb and mimicked his biting motion by pinching it. Peyton's grip on his shoulders tensed.

"Ah, Nate. Harder," she moaned with free avidity.

Nate obliged, switching back and forth between nipples. Peyton never thought of her nipples as sensitive until now. She cooed Nate's name, loving the sucking wet heat of his mouth. Just then, something important popped into her head. She sat up, reluctantly pulling her tit away from Nate's hungry mouth and looked down into his hazel eyes.

"Are you ok?" he gasped, hoping with all his might that she didn't want to leave.

"Yes, I'm fantastic. But I feel I should tell you something before we go any further."

"What is it?" he asked, slightly fretful. "You know you can tell me anything."

"Well, I w-"

"NATE!"

The sound of a high pitch, shrill voice and honking stopped them both. Nate instantly knew that it was Addison. He had never felt more infuriated in his life.

"Nate, who's that?" Peyton asked apprehensively. She slid off his lap and sat, staring at him with trusting eyes. It made his throat tight.

"Crazy ex-girlfriend. Wait right here while I get rid of her."

Peyton nodded and crossed her arms over her naked chest. Nate got up, adjusted his raging hard on, and went to the door. He opened it and closed it behind him, as to not let Peyton hear him.

"Addison, what in the fuck are you doing here!" Nate said, trying not to yell.

"I'm here to visit my favorite person!"

She ran up to kiss him, but he grabbed her shoulders to stop her. "Addison, you are becoming a real nuisance in my life. If you don't stop this stalker-like behavior, I'm going to have to take drastic measures." His threat didn't even seem to faze her.

"Like what?" she asked coyly. "Spank me? You were always into that." She winked and gyrated in his grasp. Nate rolled his eyes. Addison let out a cackle before something caught her eye: the drape in his window had moved.

"Nate, are you shacking up with some other bitch in my fucking house?!"

"First off," Nate said, letting her go. "This is NOT your house. Second off, that's none of your fucking business." Before he knew what was happening, Addison had shot off towards the door, clinkering quickly in her expensive heels. Unfortunately for her, Nate was faster than she was, with or without the heels; he grabbed her by her waist before she could reach the door. He was surprised by how close she'd gotten.

"I know you're in there, you fucking bitch!" she screamed as Nate dragged her away. "You better hope I never find out who you are! Or you're ruined, you hear me? Fucking ruined!"

Nate harshly pushed Addison towards her car. "Leave. Now." He growled menacingly. Addison glared at him, but got in her car and sped off.

Nate took a deep breath and prayed that Peyton hadn't heard. When he reentered his house, he knew his prayers were in vain. Peyton was standing by the door, completely clothed and seething.

"Peyton, I am so, so sor-"

Peyton held up her hand to stop him. "I'm going to ask you two yes-or-no questions. Just answer them for me."

Nate stood awe struck by the ice in her voice. Her eyes were blank. No anger, no sadness, just blank.

"That was Addison Broughton, my new boss, correct?"

Nate nodded slowly. He couldn't stand this sudden change in Peyton. Where'd my sweet girl go?

"And when I asked you if you knew her, you lied to my face, also correct?"

"Wait, now. Peyton, it's more complicated than you think."

Peyton waved him off. "Yes or no?"

"Yes," Nate answered shamefully.

"That's all I needed to know," Peyton started walking straight for the door.

"No, no. Peyton, please wait." Nate begged and grabbed her arm. Peyton violently yanked it free and pushed Nate's chest with more force than he knew she had. Taken off, he fell back on his ass. He watched as Peyton opened the door.

"Goodbye, Nate." She slammed it behind her.

Nate stood up, completely astonished. He couldn't piece together how he'd gone from deliriously happy to plunging back into his painful world so quickly. All he really knew was at that point was that he'd had it at all so fast, and lost it even faster. And it's all my fault.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The next two weeks of Nate's life had been put on auto-pilot. Without the hope of seeing Peyton to lift his spirits, Nate ate, slept, worked, and lived day by day in a bleak state of consciousness. His co-workers noticed his change, but didn't know how to help. Nate didn't want their help. He wanted Peyton back. He'd never wanted anything else so badly in the entirety of his life. During the night he'd lay awake in bed craving her presence. He felt as if the air from that night was stuck in his lungs and his throat was closed shut; he couldn't breathe, no matter how hard he tried. Sleeping was the hardest for him. Peyton constantly invaded his dreams. They were no more than memories of their short time together, but they far surpassed his reality without her.

Addison had dropped by twice since that night. Each time Nate refused to face her, but cowered out in his bed, ignoring her knocks, honks and screams.

He'd gone by St. Michael's almost every day during the first week, but Peyton refused to see him. She didn't return his notes and he even saw one in the trash once.

But he knew he couldn't give up. He denied returning to the dreary world he once resided in. Peyton was his ray of hope and he wasn't going to give up her so easily. He just prayed that she hadn't given up on him.

It was Friday and Nate decided to get off work an hour early. He guessed it was about this time that Peyton had gotten off of work and visited him last and decided to leave as well. He headed straight for the church. Instead of going inside, he sat on the steps, right by the door, and waited. He closed his eyes and envisioned Peyton's warm smile and caring touch. He ached for them. About 15 min later, he heard footsteps and looked up to see Peyton. His heart instantly picked up, but went down again when she glared at him.

12