Home Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Peyton felt a tinge of guilt, considering that Addison had sort of tried to help, but she was glad to be rid of her. She sniffled and wiped the tears from her eyes. She sat farther back into her couch and brought her legs up, resting her head on her knees. Exhaustion was threatening to overwhelm her. She closed her eyes and tried to will it away. She felt the cushion to her right dip and looked to see Nate sitting next to her. She could see all the tired in his face too. There was something else though, something beaming from his eyes.

Love.

It was enough to make Peyton want to cry again.

"Nate," she said softly. He closed his eyes and seemed to be drinking in the sound of her voice saying his name. "There's so much... I mean I can't apologize enough... or thank enough... or-"

Nate kissed her. Without any warning, he leaned in and pressed his warm soft lips on hers. Peyton melted immediately and relaxed into the kiss. It was a way to sum it all up in one single act. He pulled away just a little and smiled down at her. She smiled back up at him, her heart full to bursting.

"I knew I would find my way back here, to you," she whispered softly.

"Oh yeah? How'd you know that?" Nate asked, then began placing feather soft kisses around her face, on her cheeks and forehead.

"Because the song said so," she said, her smile widening.

"You've got a song for this moment too? A 'I just got saved from my crazy sister and her crazy boyfriend' song?"

Peyton laughed lightly and shook her head. "No. A song for us being together again. I know I would have found my way back to you again Nate. I can't help it. "

"Would you like to sing the song for me?" Nate asked sheepishly.

Peyton was happy to oblige.

"Wise men say,

Only fools rush in.

But I can't help falling in love with you."

Nate grinned. "Elvis?"

"And Ingrid Michaelson," Peyton said before continuing.

"Like a river flows so surely to the sea

Oh my darling so it goes

Some things are meant to be."

Peyton laced her fingers with Nate's and gazed at him adoringly. Nate felt his breathing stop.

"So won't you please just

Take

My

hand,

and take my whole life too

Cause I can't help

falling in love,

in love with you

Cause I can't

Help...

falling in love,

falling in love,

I keep falling

in love

with

you."

They were silent then, the world and chaos around them far away. Their eyes were locked, speaking volumes in their silence. Tears were sliding down Peyton's face, but her smile was bright. Nate matched it, his own eyes were getting dewy. He finally allowed himself to breathe.

"I love you," he said simply, but with all the meaning and truth in the world. Peyton felt like she was floating on those words, soaring from them.

"I love you too."

"Peyton?"

"Yes Nate?"

"Let's go home."

And with that, the couple held hands, and walked out the door.