Home For A Purpose

Story Info
He is challenged to repair a broken relationship.
1.6k words
3.5
12.2k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Anne pulled into the station carpark and went to get a ticket from the pay and display. Battling through the Saturday afternoon traffic in Woodchester city centre wasn't exactly her idea of fun, especially when there was a significant match on at the football ground, even if it was only classed as a 'local derby.' However today she was collecting Barnaby, her nephew, who'd was coming home from Oxford for the Easter vacation. It didn't feel like five minutes since she'd driven him back after Christmas to begin Hilary term. Now there would be weeks of holiday followed by Trinity term with exams and the end of his second year. Always very fond of her only nephew, she'd agreed that he could spend the Easter break with her. Things had been difficult at home for Barnaby over Christmas. His parents were going through a rough patch in their marriage and he wasn't getting on particularly well with either of them. There had been a major family row just after New Year and he'd been drawn into it. Anne therefore felt that she had a duty to at least provide Barnaby with a safe space or at least 'quiet space' where he could relax and study without being in the centre of a conflict situation. Brian was working abroad anyway for the time being so she expected there would just be the two of them.

Making her way to the platform she saw the Oxford train pull in and within seconds a smiling Barnaby rushed through the ticket barrier to greet her. A demure, rather wispy looking young woman with long blonde hair was at his side.

"Hi Aunt Anne! This is Alice, my new girlfriend."

Anne smiled weakly and extended a hand of welcome to the young woman.

"Hello Alice. I'm delighted to meet you."

"And you too Mrs Timpson," the blonde girl replied. "Barnaby's been telling me all about you. He says you're wicked."

"Has he indeed?" Anne replied coolly. She'd rather looked forward to having Barnaby to herself over the holiday and wasn't prepared for this dumb looking little blonde who dared to call her 'wicked' within ten seconds of their first encounter.

Sensing a misunderstanding, Barnaby interjected "It's just another way of saying cool – fab if you like! I've told her you're the best."

"I see." Anne forced a smile as she lead Barnaby and Alice to the car. She blanched as heavy rucksacks were piled into the boot, most of them containing mountains of smelly clothes in need of washing. Alice clambered into the back as Barnaby leapt into the passenger seat, eager to sit alongside his favourite aunt.

Releasing the handbrake and putting her keys in the ignition, Anne turned to your nephew.

"Why didn't you tell me you were bringing a young lady back with you, Barnaby? It would have been nice to know."

Her nephew blushed and looked a little sheepish.

"I wanted to surprise you, Aunt Anne."

"Well you've certainly done that!" "You're cross, Aunt Anne, aren't you."

"No Barnaby. Since when have I ever been cross with you? It would have been nice to have a little notice though. I'll make up another bed when we get back. You'll be in separate rooms mind. You're both over eighteen and I know that if you want to be intimate you'll do so, but you'll damn well do it beneath my radar when I'm not around. What I don't know about isn't my problem. Understand?"

"Yes" they chorused.

"Good. That's settled. Now then Alice, why don't you tell me a little about yourself. What are you reading?"

"The History of Art, Mrs Timpson?"

"Ah good. A girl after my own heart! It's a favourite subject of mine. I'll have to take you to the Masterton Gallery in Woodchester one day whilst you're with us. Barnaby, I think that would do you good too and I'm sure you'd both enjoy it. Perhaps we could call in for tea at the Chapter Coffee House. It's not quite up to the standard of Betty's in York but they do some pretty good cream cakes – not that I get to eat many."

The conversation continued gently as they drove through the lanes from Woodchester to Anne's home in sleepy old Attleton Market, a small market town very far removed from the hustle and bustle of city life in Woodchester. Pulling into the driveway she turned to quiet Alice in the back seat.

"Alice dear, perhaps you'd like to take a stroll round the garden and maybe pick some nice bright daffodils to go in your room. I'd like to have a quiet word with Barnaby so if you could give us ten minutes or so that would be wonderful."

As they got out of the car, Barnaby looked apprehensively at his aunt.

"What is it Aunt Anne? Is there a problem? Alice can stay, can't she."

Anne smiled and kissed her nephew on the forehead as she turned her key in the lock and led through into the hallway.

"There's no problem, Barnaby. Any friend of yours is welcome in my house and Alice can stay here for as long she wants."

"What then?"

Anne led Barnaby through into the kitchen and, producing a bottle of Chardonnay from the fridge, poured them each a glass.

"Well there's something I want you to do for me."

"What's that?"

"I want you to go and see your mother a week on Sunday."

"You must be joking, Aunt Anne. Absolutely no way. Not after what she said to me at New Year. You must be crazy."

"Barnaby, as you know Uncle Brian and I weren't there when you had that fall out with your parents, but the version of events I've heard is that everyone said a lot of silly things they didn't really mean. I know for a fact that your mum's very sorry about what happened and she didn't mean most of what she said to you. In fact I've even been told that she wrote to you to try and explain and say sorry but I understand you've not bothered to reply."

"Oh I know a letter came but it went straight in the bin. I didn't even bother to open it, Aunt Anne. To be honest I couldn't see any point"

"That's a real a pity, Barnaby, because Georgina's told me she enclosed a crisp new £20 note in the hope that you might get something nice with it - or perhaps buy your friends a round of drinks."

"What!"

"Yes Barnaby. Perhaps that's all the more reason you should go to see her a week on Sunday, the 18th that is."

"I don't know about that. It's not as though I've anything to say to her. Why all this business about the 18th? Anyone would think it was something special."

"Ah, but it is. It's Mothering Sunday and your mother will be expecting you."

"Do I have to? I'm really not sure about this."

"I am. Your mum's ever so proud of you, she thinks you're amazing and she's expecting you. Apart from anything else I'm sure she'll want to meet Alice. What's more there's a rumour doing the rounds that she's going to cook a leg of lamb with that apricot and pine nut stuffing you so adore."

Barnaby's lip quivered and he struggled to suppress a tear.

"But Aunt Anne, I've nothing to give her."

"That can soon be fixed, Barnaby. We've got whole week to do it in. If there's nothing suitable in the shops I've got a set of perfumed soaps somewhere and I know there's an unopened box of chocolates in the cupboard left over from Christmas with a good 'use by' date on them. However I think the present she'll enjoy best will simply be having you around for a few hours."

"Very well Aunt Anne, I'll do it for you."

A tear ran down Barnaby's cheek and Anne gave her nephew the hug she knew that he needed.

"Don't be silly, Barnaby. Here - dry your eyes. Look, I'm going to see my mum the same day and I'll drop you and Alice off on route. It's not far out of my way. Anyhow, I'm bursting for the loo. If you want to carry on chatting you can come with me."

Anne headed to the bathroom, leaving the door open behind her and Barnaby followed. She pulled down her panties, lifted her skirt, sat on the toilet and started peeing a massive torrent which amazed Barnaby as he sat on the edge of the bath.

"That feels good! I've not been since breakfast time. You know Barnaby, I'd have given anything to be a mum but shortly after I married your Uncle Brian I found I was unable to have children of my own so I had to settle for being an auntie instead. I've got a pretty amazing nephew though and I know his mum thinks he's amazing too."

Barnaby blushed, not so much at what his aunt was saying but at seeing a bewildered looking Alice in the open doorway. Alice's jeans were soaking wet and glistened in the faint March sunlight which came through the bathroom window. She was blushing furiously.

"I'm sorry Mrs Timpson. I'm afraid I've had rather an accident."

"Hi Alice. That's alright. I can tell you're one of the family now! Most of us have a bit of tendency in that direction. I'm sure you've got plenty of spares but, if you haven't, I've still got an old pair of jeans left over from the dim and distant days when I was a size zero."

Alice smiled.

"Thanks, Mrs Timpson. You're fab. Just like Barnaby said."

Grabbing a sheet of toilet paper in readiness for wiping, Anne could barely suppress a chuckle.

"Don't you mean wicked, Alice?"

THE END