Homeland Insecurity

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes... we meet people like her occasionally," Agent Barker said. "Now, Mr. Watkins, you love your country, don't you?"

"Damn right I do," Reg answered, straightening his back.

"And you wouldn't want sensitive information like this to be discovered by our enemies, would you?" Agent Barker said.

"No, of course not," Reg affirmed.

"If you could just look this way, Mr. Barker..."

Reg was surprised to hear Agent Bender speak. It was the first time the ashen man in the suit identical to his partner's had spoken since the two men had arrived. Reg looked across the table at him, watching him retrieve something from the inside pocket of his suit coat. At first Reg thought it was a pen, until the blinding green laser-like beam shone from it into his eyes.

###

When Reg woke up he was alone and his kitchen was dark. He looked up and saw the moon shining through the window above the sink. He got up and turned a light on, then looked at the clock on the wall. It was almost midnight. Reg had a throbbing headache and concluded that he must have spent too much time in the sun that afternoon. He went to the fridge and took a can of beer from the top shelf. He pulled at the tab then took a sip.

Reg wandered in to his living room and sat down at his computer desk. He nursed his Budweiser while he waited for his computer to boot up. As he stared at the screen of his monitor Reg recalled a dream he thought he had while asleep at his kitchen table. Reg seldom recalled dreams and it was even less common for them to be in colour, but this was more vivid than most. Although only fragments flashed through his mind he remembered scenes of himself, Glen and Jessie drinking beer in a field and talking with two dwarves. Then he saw himself in his kitchen, talking with Jake and Elwood Blues.

Reg chuckled to himself, amused by the absurdity of his dream. He clicked on the Bookmark for the Patriots' Refuge website. Seconds later his web browser displayed a page indicating that the webpage could not be displayed. Reg let out a quiet curse, then clicked on the Refresh icon. Still the page would not load.

"Goddamn Feds probably finally shut the place down. That's what happens when you speak the truth," Reg thought to himself.

Reg gulped down the rest of his beer, then turned his computer off. He checked the time on his watch. The beer had helped to ease his headache and made him sleepy. Reg decided to go to bed. He had work in the morning and needed rest.

As Reg slipped into bed he hoped that he would not have any more strange dreams that night.

12