Homeless

Story Info
An older man helps a young woman get off the streets.
12k words
4.7
108.1k
147
26
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,078 Followers

This is a copyrighted work by Zeb_Carter and is not to be duplicated or copied, in part or in whole, to other sites without the explicit authorization from the Zeb_Carter.

*

I was on my way to the gym when I saw her again. She was young. She was standing in the middle of the median of the street with a sign. The sign said she was homeless and was asking for money or food. As I came to a halt I opened my window and raised my hand. I had a five in it. I could afford a five. She came trotting over. I handed her the bill.

"Thank you so much," she said.

"You're welcome." She nodded and turned totting back to the median.

I rolled up my window and went on when the light turned green. I continued on to the gym. Coming back I didn't see her. In fact, I didn't see her for some time. The next time I saw her she was just walking down the street, shoulders slumped dragging her feet. I pulled into the next parking lot she would pass and parked. I slowly got out of my car and walked to the side of the road. She would have to pass right by me or detour around.

She just walked up to me, almost running into me. She looked up at me, her face was full of despair. She looked to have given up. I smiled at her. Her eye sparkled for just as instant.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly.

"What?"

"Are you okay?"

"I guess..."

"When did you eat last?"

"I...I don't remember," she whispered collapsing to the ground at my feet. She was out cold.

Squatting, I picked her up. She weighed next to nothing. I carried her to the car. I put her in the passenger seat and belted her in. I didn't know if I should take her home or to the hospital. She was breathing just fine and her face wasn't slack. I took her home. If she didn't improve with a little sleep and some healthy food, then I would take her to the hospital.

When I got her home, I took her outerwear off. She had two pair of jeans and three blouses on, a sweater and a coat. Three pairs of sock and a pair of boots. She was a mess. She smelled, she was dirty and she looked very, very young. But then most women looked young to me. I'm sixty-eight, not really old to me, but to a youngster like this, I was as old as her grandfather.

Leaving her on the bedspread, I covered her with an old blanket and put a clean pillow under her head. She moaned at the warmth she was now feeling and snuggled down under the blanket and nestled her head on the clean pillowcase. I went to my desk and sat down in front of the computer and started to work on my latest story.

* * * *

I was asleep when I felt the bed move. I woke, looking around. I saw her, sitting up in the corner of the bed, arms wrapped around her legs as she just stared at me, fear in her eyes.

"I'm not going to hurt you," I said, not moving. "I'm going to get up now. I won't come near you. Would you like something to eat?" I rose and turned on the lights.

She looked at me, fear still present on her face and in her eyes. She nodded her head. I slowly went to the fridge and pulled a container of fruit out. I grabbed a fork and slowly went to the bed and bending over handed her the container and fork. She looked at me as she took the container.

"You're the man who gave me the fiver the other day," she said.

"Yes, I am. Would you like some water? Or coffee?"

"Water please?'

I pulled a cold water out of the fridge and handed it to her. She placed it on the bed in front of her as she started to eat her fruit.

"Eat slowly or you will get sick," I said sitting down in my desk chair.

I turned on the TV and put it on the news channel.

"Where am I?"

"You are in my home, it just happens to be a motel room."

"Why did you bring me here?"

"You passed out. I debated whether I should take you to the hospital, but you really weren't in any distress, just asleep. If you can keep that fruit down, I'll fix you something later."

"What if I don't want to stay?"

I got up and opened the curtains. It was raining outside.

"It's also very cold out there right now."

"I lived in worse," she replied.

"I believe it, but you can stay here as long as you want, no strings attached."

"That's what everyone says, but there are usually strings. Strings I don't like."

"I believe that also."

"But you are different, right?" she said sneering at me.

"Probably not. Although I am so old that I can barely get it up anymore without help from drugs."

"That doesn't prove anything."

"You're right, but I'm not a rapist. I have never forced women to do...well anything."

"Hmmfff," she replied with her mouth full.

"If you want to take a shower, go ahead, the door does lock." I got up and opened a drawer in the chest and pulled her out a clean towel. Then I pulled out a left over from my wife, a pair of flannel pajamas. "Here you can change into these after you shower. I can take your clothes and wash them."

"Why are you doing this for me?" she asked.

"I have been where you are...not long ago. I was kind of lucky, I was only homeless for a year, then I was eligible for my Social Security and I got a room here. I understand. And if you don't have a felony conviction, I'll even help you get a job."

"They don't want to hire me...I don't have an address..."

"You do now," I told her. "If you want."

Her eyes got big at that news. She was finished with the fruit. She looked around to see what to do with the empty container. I reach out my hand. She looked at me. I could still see the fear in her eyes, but she moved toward me and handed me the empty container. I turned and put it in the small trash can next to the desk. She didn't move back. She still kept her eyes on me but didn't retreat back to the head of the bed. She spent a few minutes studying my face. I just looked her in the eye as calmly as I could.

"I'm going to take you up on that shower," she said, pulling the towel to her and slowly getting off the bed and hurrying to the bathroom.

The door closed swiftly and I heard the lock click. I smiled as I turned to my computer and started to type. I heard the shower start and the curtain being drawn. I smiled. She had forgotten the pajamas. I grabbed them and put them on the floor in front of the door, then went back to my writing.

She was in the shower for a good forty-five minutes. I knew how she was probably feeling. I remembered the first shower I took after about three months without one. I stood there for a good half hour just letting the hot water beat down on my head. It felt so good just to be warm. After I washed, I felt even better. I washed my hair four times to really get it clean. I had to assume that's what she was doing.

I heard the door open. Without turning I pointed at the floor.

"Thank you," she said. I nodded.

The door closed. A little while later, it opened all the way and she stepped out still trying to dry her hair, she was a blonde. I couldn't tell until now. I went and got her another towel. She smiled as I handed it to her and took the wet one and hung it on the hook on the bathroom door. She didn't flinch as I had to work around her.

"Feel better?" I asked.

"Yes. Thank you very much."

"I'm Don," I said.

"I'm Beth," she replied yawning.

"Why don't you crawl under the covers and take a nap. Sleep as long as you want or need. I won't bother you, I promise," I said.

She nodded. I sat back at the desk. She went to the bed and pulled the covers down. Reaching down she ran her hand across the sheet.

"Smooth, soft," she whispered.

She looked up at me, smiled and lay down, pulling up the covers over her body. I turned back to my computer and started typing.

"What are you doing?" she asked softly.

"I'm a writer," I said over my shoulder.

"Are you famous?" I chuckled at her question.

"No Beth, I'm not famous. I just like to tell stories."

"What kind of stories?"

"Stories about people, places, and things."

"Okay, don't answer me," she said sounding pouty.

"Okay, Science Fiction, mostly," I told her.

"Oh. I have never read any science fiction. I have seen some on TV though."

I just nodded as I typed. I could hear her rolling in the bed. She was quiet for awhile. Then she was snoring softly. She was asleep. I got up, took her clothes, towels and her coat and went down to the laundry room. When I came back up she was awake and looking up at me.

"Where did you go?" she whispered, "I was frightened when I heard the door close."

"I went and put your clothes in the washer. I'll be leaving again to move them to a dryer."

"Oh. Okay." She closed her eyes and was snoring softly again in a few minutes.

I remember sleeping homeless, although I had a car to sleep in, but in the summer, when it was hot, I kept the windows down and slept lightly. Just like Beth does. I would bet anything that if I walked toward her she would be awake by the time I got there. I chuckled to myself as I continued to type.

Four hours later I heard her moan. Turning I saw her stretching as she was waking. Actually, as I looked at her face she was very pretty. Young, but not as young as I had first estimated. She cleaned up nicely. If I would have been about thirty years younger...but then I wasn't, so no use thinking about crap like that.

"Feel better?" I asked softly not wanting to scare her.

"I do, thank you. Do you think I could have whatever you were going to fix me now?" she asked shyly.

"Sure. But your clothes are clean, would you like to go out and get a hot meal somewhere?"

"You mean like in a restaurant?"

"Yes, like in a restaurant. You game?"

"Sure. But there are a couple that won't let me in..."

"You'll be with me."

"Yeah, but..."

"I was thinking of the IHOP."

"Oh, good. I've never been down that far..."

"I put your clothes in the bathroom."

"Thank you," she said getting up and heading for the bathroom.

As she went to pass by me, she stopped, turned to me and hugged me for just a second. I just stood there nodding. She was gone after a second or two and in the bathroom. I sat on the bed and pulled my shoes on. She was quick. She was out of the bathroom and laying the pajamas on the bed. Then she stood looking around.

"Boots are on the other side," I said pointing.

She nodded and went by me to sit on the side of the bed and pull her boots on. They were actually one of the nicer things she had. They were in good shape and almost new.

"Where did you get the boots?" I asked.

"Are you a cop?" she retorted.

"No, just curious."

"I stole them, from Walmart."

"I see. You ready?"

"I guess," she said standing.

I led her out and down to the car. I opened her door for her. She looked confused as she got in and sat. I closed her door gently and went around and got behind the wheel.

"What's the matter?" I asked starting the car.

"I've just never had a man open a door for me before."

"May I ask how old you are? You don't have to tell me if you don't want too."

"I'm old enough. Nineteen. I turned Nineteen two months ago." She looked sad.

"How long have you been on the street?" I asked backing out of the parking space.

"Five years. Why?"

"Just curious. I like to know about people. I write about people."

"You said you write science fiction."

"I do, but there are still people in science fiction books." I laughed. She giggled. It was her first time. She was now smiling as she watched me drive. She was very, very pretty when she smiled.

"You know for an old guy you sure don't drive like one," she said.

"And how do old people drive?"

"Slow." I laughed again. She giggled, almost on the verge of laughing as I press harder on the gas pedal.

I have been around other men my age and she is right, they have slowed way down. And here I was, six months out of the hospital for bypass surgery, still feeling like I was twenty, in my mind. There were some things I couldn't do anymore, but driving wasn't one of them. I had been driving since I was fifteen. I would bet since then I have driven over two million miles in my lifetime. For the longest time, I was a cop, driving every day, six days a week, ten hours a day. Plus all those trips to work and back all my life. And vacations and such.

We were seated fairly quickly. Our order was taken. I was having eggs and pancakes. So was Beth.

"So are you from around here?" I asked to talk.

"Yes, from this state, but not around here, from a little up north."

"You ran away?" She nodded. "May I ask why?" She looked down at the table.

"My step-father..."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want too," I said.

"No. I need to talk about this if I'm going to live my life. My step-father started to touch me. I told my mom, but she didn't believe me. It got so I was afraid to go to sleep. One night he came into my room. He was naked. I went to scream and he put his hand over my mouth. He tried to rip my pajamas off. I kicked him in the balls. Then I ran, screaming my head off. My mom came out of the bedroom and caught him coming out naked. She kicked him in the balls. He slapped her, I went and hid in a closet in the living room.

"He beat my mom. She called the police. They made him leave. He stayed away for two weeks. When mom let him come back, I packed some things and left. I have been by myself ever since, until now. I'm thankful to you, yet still a little afraid of you."

"I'm sorry if I make you afraid, that is not my intention. I only want to help you."

Our food had come and we were talking and eating. She now had a mouthful of pancakes. I smiled as I scooped up some of my eggs.

"I know...now."

I smiled at her. She was really cute as she looked at me. We finished eating, I paid the bill and off we went. As we left the parking lot, I drove with a purpose. I pulled into Walmart parking lot.

"Why are we here?" Beth asked her voice tinged with fear.

"I noticed you didn't have any underwear. I thought we might get you some. I bet those jeans are rubbing you raw?"

"Oh. You don't have to."

"I know I don't have to, but I want to," I told her.

She nodded as I parked. We went in and headed right to the women's section. She smiled at me standing there.

"Well, what size do you wear?" I asked.

"I don't know. I have never...bought any of this...stuff."

"Ah...okay." I grabbed her jeans. Turned the waistband over and looked at the size tag. "Size 7."

I reached up and pulled down a six pack of size 7 panties, bikini style. I showed them to her. She nodded and took them from me holding them against her chest. We walked a little farther and stood in front of the bras. This part was going to be difficult.

"Take your coat off," I said. She did without question. "Turn," I said indicating around.

She turned. Her blouse was loose fitting so I couldn't tell. I exhaled, exasperated.

"What?" she asked.

"I can't tell what size bra you need."

She nodded. She took the tape from the rack and handed it to me. I raised my eyebrows. She nodded.

"It's okay. Go ahead."

Nodding I took her measurements. The toughest was for cup size as I would have to almost touch her. She just nodded at me. So now I knew her size. I pulled three of them from the racks. One beige, one white and one black. She started to complain. I held up my hand. She nodded and took them.

"Here, take the panties, I'll try these on." I nodded, taking her coat from her too and followed her to the fitting rooms. She went in and was in there ten minutes. When she came out she had two bras, the white and black ones, in her hand along with three price tags. I nodded at her taking the price tags. We paid for them and went out to the car and I drove us home.

When we got there, Beth took the panties and went into the bathroom. She was out in a couple of minutes.

"Oh, that feels so much better. Thank you, Don, thank you so much." She was hugging me. I was tentative as I placed my hands on her back. She didn't flinch or pull away. When she let go, I let go. She smiled at me

"You're welcome Beth," I replied.

I sat down at my desk. She went to the bed and sat, her other two bras with the other five pairs of panties in her hands. She was looking at them as she ruffled them in her hands. She had the biggest smile on her face.

I shut my computer off and turned the TV on. It was time to watch some TV. I lay down on the bed across the bottom and flipped through the channels. I heard the plastic bags rustling behind me. I turned and saw Beth placing her underwear in one. Turning back I continued to flip through the channels. I finally found something that I would like to watch.

After a few minutes, I felt the bed move, then Beth was behind me, her pillow folded so she could see past my head. Her left arm snaked over my ribs to my stomach.

"Thank you," she whispered.

I just nodded without moving. She stayed behind me as we both watched the TV. After about two hours, I was starting to drop off to sleep. Beth was too, even though she had slept most of the day.

"Let's go to bed," I said.

"What?" she mumbled.

"Bed. Now. You're falling asleep."

"Okay. Can I wear those pajamas again? They were so comfortable."

"Sure. Don't come out until I knock on the door, I have to change too."

"Okay," she said giggling. She was up and in the bathroom with the pajamas in hand.

I pulled out my sleepwear from the dresser. Sleep pants and a t-shirt. Well, I was wearing them now. When I'm by myself, I slept naked, but no need for Beth to know that. I went and knocked on the door. She threw it open stopped when she saw me standing there. She wrapped me in her arms and hugged me hard and quickly.

"Night," she said almost running to her side of the bed.

I went to the bathroom, closed the door and peed. Then I washed my hands and climbed into bed. Beth had her back to me. I turned out the bedside light. It was now really dark. I laid down and snuggled under the covers.

"Would it be all right if I cuddled up to you? I kind of liked that earlier."

"Sure."

I was facing her side of the bed. She moved back until her back was snug against my chest and her butt was trying to press against my crotch. I put my hand on her back.

"I think that is close enough for now," I said.

She stopped trying to get closer.

"Okay."

"Do you want to talk?" I asked.

"Sure. Is it okay if I ask you some questions?"

"Sure, ask away."

"Are you still married?"

"No...not anymore."

"What happened?"

"Uh..."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want too. I just thought..."

"No, I'll tell you. She left me. Said she wasn't coming back, so I divorced her."

"Any girlfriends?"

"There is one lady, who is a friend, but that's all, just a friend."

"Okay. Any kids?"

"Me, no. She had two before we married. I helped raise them."

"Do you love them?"

"In the beginning."

"What happened?"

"They didn't like having someone tell them what to do. One became an addict, the other a lying, cheating, stealing S.O.B. who hated my guts and wasn't afraid to show it. So I kicked them both out of the house when they turned eighteen."

"How long since you have seen them?"

"Fifteen or so years."

"Do you miss them?"

"No. But I miss their children."

"You have grandchildren?"

"My ex-wife has grandchildren as I was reminded by her kids all too often."

"Did she love you?"

"Right up until she left or so she said."

"I feel so bad for you..."

"Don't. I'm fine. Next line of questioning. Are you a virgin?"

"Why do you want to know that?"

"So I will know what kind of women's sanitary...stuff..."

"Oh. Tampons will do."

"Good to know. Are you doing drugs currently or have you done them in the past?" I asked.

"No. I tried to stay away from that stuff as much as possible. I didn't even drink, alcohol. But I have been high when people have smoked where I was staying."

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,078 Followers