Hopes and Dreams Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hello boys, what can I get you today?" an older woman who looked to be in her mid fifties asked.

"I'll have a steak pasty to eat in," Kyle replied looking to Seth for his decision.

"Another steak pasty please," Seth said getting a smile from the woman.

"That will be six dollars please," she handed the pasties over once they paid. They both took a paper bag containing their food over to a small booth in the corner of the shop. They both sat on opposite sides of the table and began eating their food, Kyle taking big bites out of his pasty, while Seth gently nibbled his.

Finishing his quickly, Kyle went back up to the counter and came back with two slices of chocolate cake and placed one in front of Seth, who had eaten just over half of his pastry.

"Right Seth, what's up?" Kyle asked putting down his fork. "You only eat that slow when something's on your mind."

Seth swallowed his mouthful of food. Now was the time to tell Kyle. Taking a deep breath Seth looked into his best friends eyes. "I'm gay," he said. Seth's stomach turned as he saw the emotions travel across Kyle's face. First surprise, then something he couldn't identify, and finally horror.

"You can't be gay, you just can't be!" Kyle growled, anger laced his voice, causing Seth's heart plummeted into his stomach.

"I am though." was Seth's quiet reply as he fought back the tears that were threatening to spill. After seeing what he had at the cinema he didn't think Kyle would react in this way.

"But what about Katie!" Kyle said leaning over the table to get closet to Seth's face.

"It was an act on both our parts, we just pretended to be together until we were ready."

"God why couldn't you just have told me! Everything would be different if you just told me!" Kyle practically yelled.

"Why would everything be different? Would you not have bothered to be my friend? Or is it to do with what happened at the film?" Seth snapped. He regretted that last part as soon as he said it. Kyle's face just turned a sickly green before he ran out of the store.

"Kyle! Ky, wait!" Seth yelled as he ran outside. Kyle was already in his car when Seth called for him and sped off down the road leaving Seth in the pouring rain.

Seth knew he was crying as he made his way to the bus stop. The torrential rain had soaked him through and through. Thankfully he didn't have to wait long for the bus to arrive but due to the sudden downpour it was very crowded. Every time the bus turned he was pushed into the corner of the seat in front of him and he was sure that his ribs would crack if it went on for much longer.

~#~

Kyle pulled up in front of his cousin's and shut off the engine. After quickly locking his car, he ran to the front door and hammered his fist against the wood. He had only been out in the rain for a few seconds and he was soaked.

A half dressed Andy opened his door to see a sodden Kyle on the other side. "Christ kiddo get in here before you catch something." Andy moaned as he practically pulled Kyle through the doorway. "I'll get you a towel." Andy said and made his way upstairs.

Kyle made his way through to the lounge where Andy's partner Jamie lay sprawled along the large curved sofa. "Hey Jamie," Kyle said through chattering teeth.

"Oh hi Ky, what brings you over on this fine Saturday afternoon?" came the chirpy reply.

"I need help with a bit of a problem," Kyle stated.

"Oh?" Andy said as he returned handing Kyle a couple of towels to dry himself with and sat on the sofa next to Jamie leaving Kyle to sit on the other end of the sofa.

"Seth's just told me he's gay," Kyle said after a deep breath.

"Ah," was all Andy said.

"I don't get it, what's the problem with Seth being gay?" a confused Jamie asked.

"I well, I'm..." Kyle stuttered. "I'm a bit..."

"In the name of, he's bi," Andy said finishing Kyle's sentence.

"Seriously?" Jamie asked, as if the whole thing was a joke.

"Yeap," Kyle confirmed.

"Well fuck me."

"Yes please," Andy threw in.

"Not right now babe, we have company." Jamie laughed, "So what's this problem got to do with Seth being gay?"

At Kyle's blush, Andy answered. "The problem is my dear cousin over there has had his eye on a certain young man since before they met. However he didn't know whether Seth was interested in guys or not."

"Until today." Jamie added.

"Correct, the only problem is now Kyle's got a girlfriend,"

"Who hates Seth," Kyle finished.

"Ok, I'm with you now." Jamie said now understanding the situation. "So what did you do when Seth told you he was gay?"

"I kinda left him in the rain then I was half way here before I realised what I'd done." Kyle said slightly ashamed of his behaviour.

"Jesus Christ! Did you tell him it was wrong to be gay as well?" Andy said horrified at Kyle's behaviour.

"Not quite, more along the lines of he couldn't be gay." Kyle winced as Andy slapped his own forehead.

"Fuck Kyle you know how to really screw yourself over."

"Yeah I know but how do I fix it?" a frustrated Kyle groaned.

"Explaining and apologising always worked for me," Jamie suggested.

"That all?" Grabbing his coat, Kyle said his quick goodbyes and ran to his car through the still pouring rain.

~#~

Seth brushed his dripping hair out of his eyes as he walked up the gravel drive. The warmth of the bus had been a hollow pleasure. Now he felt the cold twice as much. Twisting his key in the door, Seth cursed when it refused to open. On the fourth attempt it finally moved with a horrible tearing sound as the door ripped the carpet from the floor.

Once inside Seth pulled the dislodged carpet away from the door allowing it to move freely and made his way upstairs to his room. His clothes made a wet smacking sound as they landed on his bathroom floor. His fingers were shaking as he aimed the showerhead into the corner and turned it on.

Seth sat against the cool tiles, physically and emotionally drained as the almost scalding water washed over him. He didn't really think Kyle would react the way he did and the feeling of pain sank in.

Now that he knew about the group Katie went to, things would be a little easier. He would have the chance to make a few new friends but losing his best friend wasn't what hurt Seth the most.

It was the pain of losing something close to your heart, something that could never be replaced. Kyle had been there, and now that he was gone it left a hollow void deep in his chest.

An urgent knocking stirred Seth from his thoughts. He shut off the shower and quickly dried himself before pulling on a thick black dressing gown and made his way down the stairs. "Alright already I'm coming!" he shouted as the knocking become more forceful. Seth undid the latch and opened the door only to see a soaking wet Kyle.

"Can I come in?" Kyle asked hopefully.

Seth didn't say a word as he pushed the door letting it swing shut. Kyle just managed to put his foot in the doorway causing it to bounce back open.

"Please Seth just let me say a few things then I'll go if you want me to." Kyle pleaded.

"Fine," Seth said with a sigh as he made his was to the sofa. Kyle was close behind him and took the seat opposite.

"Seth, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I, I'm...." Kyle stuttered, unable to say what he really wanted.

"Sorry? Sorry for telling me I couldn't be gay? Or maybe because you left me standing in the rain. Or is that you sorry for stopping that fight back when we met! Must be cos you can't even look me in the eye." Seth said angrily, the pain Kyle had caused laced his voice as tears welled in his eyes but Kyle just sat there looking at his feet.

"Fuck I didn't want it to be like this." Kyle groaned, rubbing his hand through his wet hair.

When Kyle looked over at Seth he felt his heart break. Seth's eyes were red and already surrounded by black rings and his skin was practically white. Seth looked sick and it tore Kyle up knowing he caused Seth's suffering.

"Seth..."

"No Kyle," Seth interrupted, "If you're really sorry, come back tomorrow. If I don't see you then I'll know to stay away."

Kyle just nodded his response. He could feel the body heat radiating off of Seth as they made their way to the door. Kyle watched as Seth opened the door and decided to take a chance.

Pushing Seth way from the door, Kyle's mouth clashed with the lips of the boy he adored. Kyle's heart soared when Seth's lips moved against his own. Seeing how far he could push his luck, Kyle quickly swiped his tongue between the seam of Seth's full lips. Kyle couldn't control his smile when Seth gave him entry.

Finally both boys had to break apart, the need to breathe becoming too overwhelming. Seth sighed as Kyle stepped back. Seth pulled the bathrobe across his front, trying to hide his arousal from Kyle but the blush on his face gave him away.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Kyle's smile at Seth's flushed face could have brightened the world.

Seth couldn't believe what had just happened. The first guy he had ever kissed and it was Kyle who initiated it. That one kiss had been like a million volts across his body and he was mortified that he had got so hard just from a kiss. The entire drama of that afternoon had been wiped away with that one single act.

~#~

He had been dancing round the house to his own little tune for hours when the phone rang. Seth ran to the receiver and checked the caller ID to see his aunt's number.

"Hello?"

"Seth? Thank God! He's home!" his father shouted with relief. "Why haven't you answered your cell?"

"I left it upstairs, why? What's wrong?" Seth asked worriedly.

"We were worried you were still outside. There's a lot of water on the roads and it's made it dangerous to drive and we thought you were out still and we can't get home." Miles said.

"No I came home because of a fight but we fixed every thing."

"Ok you'll have to tell me more tomorrow. Love you son."

"Love you too, dad." Seth said before hanging up the phone. For the first time he realised how late it was. The thunderous rain had caused the sky to darken so early that all spence sense of time was thrown out the window.

It was nearly 4 am before Seth turned into bed. The buzz from earlier had started to level out, but the roller coaster of emotions he had gone through had exhausted him. Seth dropped his robe to the floor and crawled into his large double bed. He took a pillow from the other side of the bed and held it in his arms as the sound of splashing rain sent him to sleep.

~#~

Seth moaned in the candle lit room as Kyle's fingers ran across his spot. His body was trembling from the pleasure Kyle was causing.

"Ah...Ky...Please..." Seth moaned. Kyle's fingers were deliciously good but just not quite enough.

"What me to stop?" Kyle teased from between Seth's legs. A devilish grin spread across his face when Seth shook his head frantically in the negative. Kyle went back to working is fingers inside Seth causing the smaller boys back to arch.

"AHHH FFFUCK! KYLE! KYLE I'M AH AH!" Seth came with a scream as Kyle twisted his fingers. Seth body shook and twitched as he came down from he orgasm, his chest heaving with very breath.

"Did you just?" Kyle grinned.

"I'm sorry," Seth whimpered in embarrassment and turned his had into a pillow to hide his face. Seth felt the bed move as Kyle climbed onto of him. Kyle's hand gently nudged his chin until the two of them were eye to eye.

"Seth," Kyle breathed before his lips joined Seth's.

Seth's eyes closed as Kyle ran his tongue across his top lip. Giving an answer to Kyle's silent question, Seth parted his lips. The kiss was slow and gentle but all to soon the need for air became too much.

Seth slowly opened his eyes to see the Jenny's evil smirk from above him.

Seth hit the floor with a thud as he scrambled away from the blond girl, waking up alone in the blackness of his room his heart beating a mile a minute. Seth gasped for breath on the cold floor, his legs still tangled in the sheets and his head throbbing from the impact.

With shaking hands, Seth untangled himself from the sheets and climbed back into bed. He had been so caught up in the fact that Kyle had kissed him he had forgotten all about Jenny. The sun was starting to rise by the time Seth fell back to sleep. Thoughts of Kyle and Jenny clouding his head.

~#~

A constant buzzing sound woke Seth from his sleep. He opened his eyes to see his phone vibrating across his bedside table and groaned as he answered it.

"Hello?" Seth mumbled sleepily.

"You ever going to answer the door?" Kyle asked on the other end of the line.

Seth shot out of bed at the sound of Kyle's voice. He was practically tripping over his feet as he made his way to the front door. Without thinking he had unlocked the door before realising he was stark naked.

"Shit," he cursed. "Don't come in!" He yelled as he ran around the house looking for something to cover himself with.

Seth had practically climbed into the dryer head first when the sound of someone clearing their throat caused him to freeze. At that moment he just wanted to crawl into the tumble dryer and die. Whoever was at the door to the utility room had a clear view of his ass and probably everything else. He could feel the heat in his cheeks as he pulled a towel out of the machine and wrapped it around his waist before he turn around.

"You have no idea how cute you look do you," Kyle said smirking from the doorway.

"I told you not to come in," Seth said on the verge of tears from the embarrassment.

"Hey," Kyle cooed as he pulled Seth into a hug. "I was waiting, but the your Dads came home and told me to come in." Kyle ran his fingers across Seth's hair as the smaller boy clung onto his towel.

Kyle grinned into Seth's hair when he felt something twitch against his leg and he was pretty sure he knew what it was.

"Erm, I think I should..." Seth said gesturing towards the door. Kyle nodded and let Seth go laughing to himself at Seth's speed.

A few minutes later, Seth came back downstairs wearing a loose pair of black jeans and an all in one jumper. "Ky...can we...can we go like... like upstairs." Seth stuttered.

"Sure," Kyle smiled but as soon as Seth turned around his smile was replaced with a worried look. It had been years since Seth had stuttered and for him to start doing it again concerned Kyle. Something had rattled Seth and it didn't feel like it was just the morning's incident. He followed Seth to his room and shut the door behind him.

Seth had climbed onto his bed and was leaning against a few pillows. His eyes were fixed at Kyle's feet as the larger boy made his way to the bed.

"Seth what's up?" Kyle asked, tilting his head to get a better look at Seth's face. When the brown haired boy's eyes looked away, Kyle's heart filled with pain.

"What am I...?" Seth's voice trailed of leaving the sentence unfinished.

"A boy called Seth," Kyle said with a grin and earning a brief flash of a smile from Seth.

Seth swallowed before he spoke again, "Why did you kiss me?" he asked, finally looking into Kyle's eyes.

Kyle could finally see the tears starting to gloss Seth's pain filled eyes and a horrible pain filled his chest. Kyle knew that whatever he said now could change everything between him and Seth.

Kyle took Seth's hand as he started to speak, "Seth, from the first day I saw you, you made me smile. The quiet little boy that tried to stay hidden but always found trouble. Then I finally worked up the courage to talk to you and I found up against the lockers."

"The first time I got to look in your beautiful eye's my heart flooded with joy. " Kyle said as he placed Seth's hand over his heart letting the boy he'd fallen for feel it's steady beat. "I would have kissed you then but I had no idea if you liked me."

"I wanted to kiss you, too." Seth whispered brushing his curls out of his eyes.

Kyle placed his fingers under Seth's chin and tilted his face up. Slowly he leant forward, bringing his lips gently to Seth's. He pushed forward until Seth lay under him. Slowly he ran his fingers through the smaller boy's dark curls, sliding them through the silky locks.

Seth wrapped his legs around Kyle's waist pulling them together. He could feel the firmness of Kyle's erection pressing against his own. The two boys were locked in a deep kiss, their hands slowly exploring each others body's after years of anticipation.

"Ahh... ah," Seth cried out when Kyle's phone began to vibrate against his sensitive dick.

"Shit," Kyle muttered, climbing off of Seth to answer his phone. "Hey babe," he said into the device.

Seth knew it was Jenny on the other end just by the way Kyle answered, the fact he could hear her static distorted voice as she spoke about her holiday confirmed it.

"Ok babe, I've got to go, someone's at the door, no its not Seth and I'm not gonna see him this week either, ok I love you too Jen." Kyle said with a sigh.

Seth felt his heart plummet into his stomach when Kyle spoke. The words 'I love you too Jen' rang painfully in his ears.

"Seth, you ok?" Kyle asked, Seth had gone extremely pale.

"I'd like you to leave." Seth mumbled, fighting the tears that were welling in his eyes.

"Fine." Kyle snapped, slamming the door as he left and leaving Seth with his heart torn open.

12