Hot Rod Ch. 06-07

Story Info
Wrapping up.
1.5k words
4.77
15k
5

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 08/25/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sharona
sharona
27 Followers

Part VI

The next morning, I get smacked between the eyes with the consequences of making love with Alyssa.

We didn't talk about it afterwards. We simply dressed and came home. She went straight to her bedroom and I escaped to mine. And was thoroughly miserable all night. Tension doesn't even come close to describing the air in the apartment and I hated it. Trouble was that I didn't know what to say or do to make it better.

Now, on any given morning, she is awake before me, already brewing coffee and making breakfast. But not so today. I thoroughly search the apartment when she's not in the kitchen as usual. As a last resort, I look out the front door and find that her little Chevy is gone. I must have slept like the dead when I finally got to sleep around four a.m. I didn't even hear her get up and leave!

Thinking--hoping, praying--she's probably already gone to work to avoid a confrontation with me alone, I jump in for a quick shower--forgoing coffee and food. All I need is to see Alyssa--I have to know that we're okay. The mere thought that we might not be makes my blood freeze with a fear I've never experienced before. Ducking under the hot spray to wash away the soap and shampoo, I actually have to advise myself to breathe slowly and deeply. After toweling off quickly and dressing, I lock up the apartment and head for my truck.

Later, I won't be able to tell you anything about the ride to the garage. I guess it's safe to say I didn't run over anyone, but only God knows exactly because I sure as hell wasn't paying attention. Even as I pull into the parking lot, the only fact that registers in my brain is that Alyssa's car is nowhere to be found. The panic that I had finally gotten down to a simmer in my belly flares back to life but I douse it for fear that I will completely lose my mind if I give in to it. I actually impress myself as I calmly climb from the 4x4 and unlock the office before going through to open all three bays. Just like every other day.

Except that my "hot rod" isn't with me to make work, or life in general, more bearable. Going back into the office, I boot up Alyssa's computer so I can check what's on the agenda for today. Where in the hell is she, damn it!?!? A glance at my wristwatch shows that it's still early and I tell myself to chill out. She's probably waiting until the last second so she can put off having to deal with what happened last night.

Which automatically takes me to staring at my desk and remembering every second. My erection begins to stir to life as a mental slide show flashes images of Alyssa laid out bare on the desktop, desire blazing from her beautiful blue eyes. Audio must have been included because I can still hear her husky voice, my name on her lips as she climaxed.

The simultaneous blip of the computer coming to life and the opening of the office door jolts me back to the task at hand. I look to the door first, expecting Jack, Arnie, or God please!, Alyssa. But it's none of the above.

She's tall, almost matching my six feet. Her raven black hair caresses the sides of her face down to her chin and her assessing eyes are almost as dark as her hair. Her black skirt ends mid-thigh, showing legs that never seem to end and small pert breasts are hugged by her light pink angora sweater.

"Can I help you?" I stand and step around Alyssa's desk, hand extended. She grips it with a firm, but not overly so, handshake. Her smile is polite and shows gleaming white teeth.

"Are you Mr. Fields?"

"Yes, ma'am. How may I help you?"

"Hi. I'm Stephanie Brooks, and actually, I'm here to help you."

She looks at me expectantly, as if I know what the hell she's talking about! I must look as clueless as I feel because she finally explains, "I'm from Stand-Ins." When this got no result, I can tell that she barely holds in an exasperated sigh.

"The temp service. I was told you would need someone working in your office until further notice."

Oh, Alyssa! What the fuck have you done?

Part VII

When I left the apartment, I never doubted that Mike would find me. He knows me better than anyone after all. I wasn't trying to hide from him; I just needed some time to get myself together. Mostly, I need to figure out how to keep from losing my best friend. Unfortunately, he finds me sitting on the pier at Wiley's Pond before I have a plan.

I love Wiley's Pond and always have! I don't care that it's not particularly handicap accessible and, over the years, I've learned the little tricks to getting around just about anywhere. This place is worth the trouble as it's so peaceful, with no more than the calls of the ducks to disturb you. And those really aren't so bothersome after a while.

But the flock floating near me flies to the other side of the water, squawking what I'm sure are duck obscenities, when a fiercely slammed door disturbs the peace, followed by human obscenities and stomping footsteps up the pier.

"I should have known you were here", Mike says as he stops beside me with his hands on his hips. I'm still looking at the ripples in the water left by the ducks but I can feel him looking down at me. If looks could kill, I would so not be breathing.

"Have you been here all day?"

"Mostly", I tell him with a small shrug.

"Damn it, hot rod!" In my peripheral vision, I see him comb his fingers through his hair and I ache to do it. "Do you realize that I've been all over town looking for you? I checked with your parents, then Jilly (my sister) then Sue and Dean (mutual friends who live on the other side of town). Hell, I even drove out to the mall and you know how much I hate that place!"

I can't help but smile. Mike REALLY hates anything that has to do with shopping and crowds. But the smile slips away as he suddenly swivels my wheelchair around. He crouches on his knees in front of me and keeps a firm grip on my chair. I have no choice but to face him then. And that nearly tears me apart as I glimpse the worry, the fear, in those big brown eyes.

"I'm sorry if you were worried. I just..." I shrug and pause, unsure of how to explain. I try to turn my head but he places a finger under my chin to prevent the action.

"Don't", he whispers. He cups my face then between the palms of his hands. "Don't turn away from me now, hot rod. Talk to me because I'm not leaving here until we are okay." The determination in his voice is layered with fear. It calls to what's churning inside me.

"Can we ever be okay after last night?" I unintentionally shout, tears blurring my vision.

"What are you saying, Alyssa?" He softly wipes a tear off my cheek with the pad of his thumb and I clutch a hand in mine. As I gaze into his eyes, I know, for better or worse, I have to tell him the truth. With a deep breath, I plunge before I can lose the nerve.

"The truth is that I'm in love with you, Michael. I have been for a very, very long time. And over the years, I've been okay with just being friends because you truly are my best friend and I don't want to lose that friendship. But I just don't know if I can go back after---what happened. I'm so sorry!"

I try to pull away from him then, ashamed that I couldn't be emotionally stronger but he's one muscled man! After a moment of struggling, I give up and find myself wrapped in his arms. As much as the chair will allow at any rate. His breath is warm against my ear as he murmurs my name again and again. He plants gentle kisses along my ear, cheek and finally, my lips before looking me in the eyes.

"My sweet, beautiful Alyssa. We've been such fools, baby." His tender voice is soothing but I'm so confused and it must show. He actually laughs. "Sweetheart, I love you, too. I didn't say anything because I was afraid you'd turn away and I just couldn't have survived that. I treasure our friendship, baby, but I want you for way more than that."

Before I can comprehend the words, he kisses me thoroughly. Joy replaces misery inside me and my tears become happy ones. When he finally lets go of my mouth, I'm the recipient of the most loving look I've ever seen and any doubts that linger are blown to bits. He gets to his feet and turns my wheelchair to leave the pier. He bends down so that his lips are right next to my ear.

"We're going home, hot rod."

sharona
sharona
27 Followers