House Sorena Ch. 02 Pt. 2

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I trust to my spear, sword, and shield. When I hunt or ride, I say a word to Artemis. When I fight, I look to Athena. I pay my respects to the others when needed. Each to their proper sphere. More than that, what need I do?" Beri scanned around for any movement.

"Nothing, I suppose. You often remind me, sister, there are many paths to wisdom. I didn't mean to criticize. I just want you to look on the bright side. What comes our way is a series of opportunities. How we approach them is as important as the choices themselves."

"Too deep for me. Give me a decent weapon and I do okay."

Dayanna halted again, shaking her finger at her companion. "Beri Silvanos! I work hard when we play chess, and you beat me five times out of six. You pretend you're just a grunt with no brains, but I know better!"

Beri grinned. "Tactics I can do. Philosophy and religion? I bow to my mistress. Speaking of bowing–heh heh–that would put my mouth right about–"

Dayanna jumped back. "No way! As much as I love what you do to me, I'm not getting out of these wet clothes until we get back to camp, and that's final! And when we do get back, my first objective will be food and dry clothes! Play can wait until after we have something warm in our bellies."

"Yes, Princess."

Dayanna narrowed her eyes, then strode briskly for camp, Beri following. In the three weeks since their journey began, Beri sometimes tested Dayanna's patience until she became angry, only to embrace her and proclaim her love, kissing her roughly as her hands roamed freely. The roused passions did make the sex more intense. During her initiation at the temple, Dayanna discovered she truly liked the intimacy and pleasure sex gave. She loved Beri, and embraced the truth that adding love to sex made it ten times better. Yet Dayanna preferred honest lust to manipulation. To her mind, mixing anger and sex was dangerous. Not that she feared Beri would ever intentionally hurt her. No, she trusted Beri, loved her for the sister she was and the lover she'd become. Dayanna just didn't like that type of foreplay.

Twice during the rest of the trip to camp, Beri tried to make conversation. Dayanna remained as dour as the wet evening.

At their camp inside a hedge of hawthorn, under the partial lean-to, Beri made the fire and laid out the meat. Dayanna prepared the vegetables, deboned and diced the chipmunk, and then tossed into the pot some spices, roots, the yams, and the last of their flour. While the stew cooked, they shed wringing wet clothing for a slightly damp set. The lean-to kept their possessions from the constant drizzle, but the precipitation was even permeating everything in their packs. Once the food was cooking, they began changing clothing.

Half-way dressed, Beri suddenly threw down her wet shirt. "What is it, Dayanna? Did I say something wrong? Why are you angry?"

"I'm not angry, Beri." Dayanna pulled out her last pair of semi-dry pants.

"You'd tell me true?"

Dayanna frowned. "Of course, Sister."

"Then why the silence for the last five klicks? I don't understand!"

Dayanna hiked up her trousers and put on mostly dry socks and her spare boots. She put their wet boots by the fire to dry out. "Yes, I admit something is bothering me. I'm worried, Beri. About you, about us. But I'm not angry."

"Worried? About what?"

"Your first sexual experience wasn't a good one. There is touching, intimacy, and the trust that goes with making love. I like how it feels." Dayanna paused, turning to look her in the eyes. "Beri, I love how you make me feel. Once we get to the touching, you are a good lover. What bothers me is the aggressive foreplay. You tease me or say mean things and handle me none too gently. It almost feels like you want me to resist before submitting to you. And that feels less like love and more like dominance and control. I don't care for it."

"Dayanna, that's crazy!"

Dayanna wrung the clothes and hung them on the line. "You asked me so I'm telling you how I feel, Beri. Finish getting dressed. Your breasts are turning blue. Those socks wet? I've one more pair fairly dry in my pack. Take them. Don't argue with me, just put them on." Dayanna lifted the lid of the stew pot, stirring and sniffing, then continued. "Maybe ten more minutes yet. I like being held, my love, just not held down. I'm not some prostitute from Mayfair Street. I learned and did a lot at the temple. Some things I'll never do again. I like sex. I love you, but I also like coupling with men. Beri, I didn't know my toes could curl that tight! Who knows? Maybe I'll get two husbands or maybe even three–and yes, I mean at the same time! Don't look so shocked. Some men have more than one wife. A woman, or at least Ba'lorian women have the same rights as men. Beri, I love being with you. What I don't need are games."

"Dayanna, I–I ..." Beri suddenly curled into a ball, weeping.

Dayanna scooted closer, pulling her into her arms. Gently, she kissed away Beri's tears. "Were you even listening? Give me an urgent kiss and a gentle touch. Okay?"

"I'm sorry," she cried. "I'm tired and cold and wet and hungry, and I know I'm whining, but I–I don't know if you love me."

"Beri, we are sisters. I will love you always and forever." She caressed her cheek, then kissed her lips gently. "Always. Believe me?"

Beri nodded, wiping her nose and eyes.

Dayanna held her tight, rocking and caressing her until the food was ready. When the stew was all too quickly eaten and the kitchen chores done, they wrapped themselves into their blankets, holding each other close for warmth. When Beri gave a tentative kiss, Dayanna responded, firmly and thoroughly.

Gently, they settled into the rhythm of each other's pleasure. Hands reached out, under shirts, caressing nipples, teasing and tweaking. Beri disappeared under the blanket first, her mouth working on Dayanna's small breasts, licking and nibbling. Aroused, she took her turn, kneading and lathing her Beri's larger mounds. Her free hand snaked down into Beri's pants, caressing and probing her slit. Around and around her clitoris Dayanna worked her fingers. As Beri moaned and arched, she undid Beri's belt and shimmied down her trousers. Kissing her way slowly down, Dayanna traced her way with her tongue. Down to the damp center of Beri's oozing lips, circling her center, closer and closer, kissing and licking. When Dayanna's tongue touched her pink nether lips, Beri gasped then gave a long sigh, pressing Dayanna's face into her pussy. Dayanna ran her tongue up and down her lips, lapping up the juices flowing from her sister's swelling sex. One hand worked back up, caressing her breast, tweaking her nipple. After working over Beri for several minutes, Dayanna slid two fingers into her depths while her tongue lathed her clitoris. Beri grunting, struggling as she tried to keep quiet. Slowly, Dayanna probed Beri's slick and puffy pussy while her tongue worked its magic. Up and around her clitoris, then directly on the underside, around, then along the fat lips. When Dayanna turned her fingers along the top for that soft, squishy spot on the inside of her pubic bone, Beri bucked, huffing and panting, shaking and gushing as she came. Dayanna licked it all up.

"By the gods, Dayanna," Beri breathed, "I love you so much."

Dayanna chuckled. "I bet you do." Then hummed as her mouth inhaled Beri's snatch. After the first orgasm, it didn't take much to set Beri off again. Fingers sliding in and out of her tunnel and Dayanna's mouth vibrating on her center, Beri bucked again, then arched, humping Dayanna's fingers as her belly tightened and exploded again. Finally, gasping for air, Beri pushed her away. "Too much! Too much!"

Holding each other close, they kissed gently while Beri calmed down. Then Beri turned her attentions to Dayanna, plundering her lover's liquid center. The black-haired young woman moved under Beri's tongue and fingers without a sound. Patiently Beri lathed and licked until Dayanna stiffened, her juices running freely from her pulsating snatch. Dayanna reached down and pulled Beri up, kissed her ardently.

Once their trousers were back in place, they held each other close, enjoying the warmth and comfort of each other's arms. "Thank you," Dayanna whispered. "That was lovely." Beri sighed contentedly.

Later, Dayanna banked the fire and kept watch while Beri slept beside her.

* * * * *

Dayanna felt a hand over her mouth. Instantly, she was awake. In the moonlight, she could vaguely make out hand signs from Beri:Large party, behind and to the left.The campfire was out, but the blankets were still warm on the outside. Just arrived then. Dayanna rolled into a crouch. Both of them quietly slipped as much of their gear into their packs as they could manage. From their sounds, she estimated twenty, maybe thirty persons. Too many for just the two of them. Too easy to be surrounded and overwhelmed.

A harsh voice barked out in the night, "Grka ja krinak mitchko rikn! I smell smoke over here!"

Orcs!

A century earlier, tempted by the rich caravans plying the Hellenic city-states, a major force of orcs had erupted from the Starfall Mountains, sweeping southeast, bypassing the Elven lands of Cedardale. They had rampaged across the countryside for months. Then the city-states and the elves struck, delivering the orcs a shattering defeat. For a hundred years, no orcs had dared venture this close to Sargossa. Yet they were here now. Dayanna wondered - was it a raid? Or part of some larger force? Orcs bred like rabbits. Perhaps their warrens, filled past capacity, once again forced them out to spread death and mayhem.

The sound of approaching footsteps refocused her attention. Dayanna slipped her backpack on, holding her bow and quiver in one hand. She dared not draw her blade; its magical light would become a beacon for hundreds of meters. A look, and both knew they would have to run for it. Hearts full of words to say and all the time was gone.

A large, ugly porcine head with an enormous tusked mouth, cursing at the sharp thorns, poked through the brush. The orc scarcely realized his discovery before Beri impaled him with her spear. A kick to dislodge him, and the orc dropped. Then they burst out of the thicket, running.

Almost immediately, a cry arose and arrows flicked past them. Dodging trees and foes, the sisters dashed on. Two orcs tried to cut them off, but Dayanna ducked and struck out with her dagger while Beri blocked and stabbed with her spear. The orcs chased them for almost three kilometers, but even with their superior night vision, the young women soon outpaced them.

When there were no more sounds of pursuit, Dayanna and Beri bent over, pausing to catch their wind. Relief washed over them and they both smiled at their luck.

"Hecate's tits, that was close!"

"I've always wondered, Beri," Dayanna panted, "why do you invoke Her? Athena for warfare and Artemis for hunting I understand. But you don't wield magic. We're not at a crossroads and it's not the dark of the moon. And why that particular phrase?"

Beri grinned, wiping her brow. "Sort of embarrassed, but I'll tell. You know there's a large grove dedicated to Hecate in the northeastern part of Sargossa, right? In one corner of the grove is a statue, carved by Stenklos Imphegenia, the famous sculptor. She's lifelike and absolutely stunning, Dayanna, and the most erotic image I've ever seen. Her breasts fill my hands perfectly. Each one is carved not just with the nipple, but down to every nodule of her areola erect. And the rest of her! Like a real woman feeling the heat of her excitement. Her breasts are in a class by themselves. Before I left, I kissed them–I couldn't help myself!"

"Crazy amazon." Dayanna took a drink from her water flask, then handed it to Beri, who took a long swig. "Bet you'd hump her, too, if you got the chance."

"In a heartbeat."

"You've sure got some ovaries, girl. Mortals in your Hellenic stories don't fare too well when a god becomes their lover. I don't dare wonder what Hecate thinks of you." Dayanna paused to listen before continuing. "So you think Her breasts are better than mine? Maybe I should be jealous."

"Just think of it, Dayanna! Her statue will still be there, jutting proud and perfect when we're both dust. Not that I don't love your tits, my dear. Hers are just better."

"I won't argue–"

They both heard the distant howl, followed by answering cries yet further away.

Beri spat. "Damn their hides! Dire wolves! With the blankets and clothing we left behind–they'll track us, too, even in this rain."

Dire wolves, bred by orcs and goblins for generations, were as large as ponies. Cunning trackers, the fell beasts had a deserved reputation for cruelty matching that of their masters.

Dayanna dug into her pack and produced a small, worn box. "We'll do our best to outrun them. But if we fight, we should be properly marked."

Beri nodded grimly. She leaned forward as Dayanna applied the black and red grease paint in great bands across her cheeks. Beri marked Dayanna in turn.

"Heart of my heart," Dayanna said, clasping her shoulder.

"Shield Sisters, no matter what." Beri looked up to the night sky. "The clouds are thinning out. I can make out the Hunter's Horn. You know these lands better. Shall we go north or continue east?"

Dayanna secured the small box. "North. We should reach Little Xander River by morning. Hop a log and take a ride downstream. We'll be colder and hungrier, but we'll be safer. Maybe catch a patrol."

"If we get that far, Dayanna. We're a long way out of town, and not likely to see a patrol for at least three days. What'll this do to your Ritual?"

"The dire wolves mean the orcs are here in force. Ritual ends in wartime, and we join the ranks of the warriors in the coming fight." Dayanna dug into her pack again. Opening the pouch, she scattered half its contents on the ground around them.

"What's that?" Beri asked.

"Cayenne pepper. Nasty, painful surprise for the four-foots when they get here. Burn their noses and ruin their sense of smell for hours. I'll dump the rest in about a half hour. Catch more unawares."

"Wish I had some caltrops. Just didn't expect I'd need them." Beri looked up, speaking louder. "Of course, if anyone's listening, a company of Sargossan heavy cavalry or a full phalanx of amazons would be better."

After checking their remaining gear and packs, they set off at a slow run.

Three hours later, in the early light of dawn, they reached the last ridge before the river. More howling wolves revealed the closing gap between hunters and hunted.

"How far do you think?" Beri bent over, sucking air.

"They're close. Maybe three klicks."

"Gods! It's that far to the river. And I'm winded. We've been on light rations for too long. I don't want to be run to the ground like some deer. I'm an amazon, trained to fight! If I'm going to die, I want to take some of those bastards with me."

"As long as they don't realize we're women. If they do, they may try to capture us instead."

Beri fixed her with a hard stare, gripping her arm. Orc treatment of women was well known. Those not raped to death and eaten would be enslaved for breeding. "Death before capture, Dayanna. Hear me?"

"I hear you. Look, if we go to the river, we'll have it at our backs. But they'll have missile weapons. Here in the trees, it's back to back, but we'll have some protection from missiles and they can't attacken masse." Dayanna paused. "You've had military experience. What do you think?"

Beri rubbed her ear and pursed her lips. "I say stay. Give us a chance to catch our breath before we fight. Any snare wire left?"

"A bit. Why?"

"Tie it off between a couple of trees. They see us and we run around between. They move to cut us off, let the wire mess 'em up good."

"Do it. I'm going to string my bow and check my arrows." Dayanna pointed downhill. "They'll probably follow that ravine to the top of this ridge. I'd like to get in a few long distance shots, maybe take a few out." She retrieved the wire from her pack. "Here."

"Dayanna, I want you to know–"

"I love you, too. Go! We don't have much time and there's work to do."

Beri nodded. Picking a couple of trees, she quickly strung her traps.

Dayanna opened her quiver and checked her flights. All nine remaining arrows were dry and intact. She said a quick prayer of thanks and then looked up to the sky. After five days of rain, the clouds were finally scattering. Already, thick pockets of fog were forming. That would last an hour or two, she thought, until the heat of the suns burned it away.

"Beri! There's some fog. If we hurry, we might be able to make the river after all!"

"Too late." Crouching near the slope's edge, Beri pointed at movement. Maybe two hundred meters away, the first dozen orc cavalry were already in sight.

Dayanna strung her bow. "If I can get a few, they may take time to change their tactics. There's still a chance for the river."

Beri hurried back to Dayanna. "All right. Maybe the gods will smile on us." She loosened her broad sword in its scabbard, checked her shield and helmet straps, then picked up her ash spear. All the while, her lips moved silently.

Drawing the arrow to her cheek, Dayanna sighted the lead wolf. As she released, she began her morning devotional. In the way her grandfather taught her, she almost didn't aim but shots flew rapid and true. Arrow after arrow found its mark. Two down! Four others wounded! Then a dozen more wolf-riders appeared, joining the first squadron. Howling and yelling, they surged up the ravine. Three more wolves fell. Beri jumped and waved, drawing crossbow fire, yelling every elvish swear word she knew, then switched to Hellenic and Norse for variety.

The first wolf made the rise and sprang, its rider shouting and whirling his sword. Beri braced the butt of her spear to the ground as Dayanna fell back. The next instant, Beri rolled aside as the point impaled the snarling monster, killing it instantly, throwing the rider senseless to the ground.

Dayanna tossed aside her bow and her sword Berek flew into her hands, the ancient sword humming with power. Turning on the second rider, Dayanna swung. The eldritch blade clove clean through his chain hauberk and into the dire wolf. Both cries abruptly ended as both disintegrated. Dayanna turned and ran to Beri.

Seven more riders cleared the top. The chase was on! Dodging and twisting, the women led them afoot. Two charging wolves suddenly stumbled, tangled and bleeding, mauling their riders. The others raced on heedless, eager for the kill. Dayanna broke left and Beri broke right.

One wolf rounded a tree, snapping at Beri. Suddenly Beri whirled, swinging as she dropped, her broad sword slicing the wolf's snout. Howling in pain, the wolf leapt aside, taking its cursing rider with it. Beri turned too late as a second wolf-rider bore down upon her. The beast's fangs sank into her waist, then shook her, sending her shield flying. Cursing with rage, Beri drew her dagger and stabbed the monster's eye. Crack! Pain shot up her arm from the rider's mace. Beri stabbed again, striking home. The dying wolf collapsed, still gnawing into her flesh. Struggling to pry herself free, the orc dismounted for the kill.

The next moment, there was a blur and the orc collapsed, blood spraying from its headless body. Dayanna stood behind him.

"You okay?" Dayanna asked.

Beri sighed with relief, then angrily pried and kicked herself free. "Don't worry about me. Go to it." Her weapon arm broken and her entire left side a searing throb, by sheer determination, she pulled herself to her feet. Hefting the blade in her left hand, she tested its unfamiliar weight.

Dayanna caught sight of two more riders charging, and she turned to meet them. Beri leaned against a tree, watching as Dayanna moved and attacked, her sword passing through flesh and armor with scarcely a pause. Two more wolves and riders were down, slain like cattle in a stockyard.