How Do You Like Me Now?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, it's late love. I will show you when you return; but until then, break a leg and know how much I miss you and await your presence in my bed. Good night for now and sweet dreams," Noah said and then the line went silent.

The remainder of her tour Kellie was skeptical about Noah's true feelings for her. "Maybe I went too far too fast with the phone sex?" It wasn't long before she was due to return home and her doubts grew even more when the phone tag started once again.

The next time she came home from the West coast tour Noah had a huge surprise for her and Jessie. "C'mon boy, we can't let her see the house like this," Noah said as he and Jessie rushed around cleaning at the last minute.

Kellie had left a few more messages for Noah, still worried that he didn't feel the same way she did. As she sat quietly in her living room, she thought about Noah and how she's felt about him all these years.

Her phone rang, startling her out of her daydreams. Glancing at the caller ID, she saw it was Noah. "Hello," she answered, her voice shaky with nervousness. This was the first time they'd actually spoken to each other since the night he didn't answer her question.

Noah was as nervous as Kellie, but not for the same reason. He was afraid she would have other plans because of the short notice and all, but when she agreed to his invitation his fears eased.

"Kellie's coming over for dinner tonight. I was going to take her to a nice restaurant, but she made a reference to how much she missed a good hearty home cooked meal so I decided to have her come here instead. After dinner, I want you to make yourself scarce, got it?"

"Sure thing dad. Sounds like you got something up your sleeve. You been taking pointers from me?"

"Yeah, pointers from a kid, I don't think so, but I do have a special evening planned and it's an evening for adults though. No offense, son."

"None taken dad. I will go to Stewie's house for the night. We have an unfinished game of war from the last time I was there. I'll call him right now just to make sure it's okay with his mom."

>>>

"Bye dad. Stewie's mom is here. She said it would be better to pick me up before dinner. They're going to her sister's for somebody's birthday and said I could come along. Have fun with Kellie, if ya know what I mean?" Jessie shouted as he gathered his backpack and ran down the stairs and out the front door when his ride arrived.

"Have a good time son," Noah said to unseen ears just as the doorbell rang.

"Oh wow! Look at you!" Noah said; a broad smile covered his face as he locked eyes with Kellie standing on the porch.

"Um -- Ahem. Are you going to let me in?" Kellie asked with a slight giggle as her voice pulled Noah back to reality and he opened the door.

"Mmmm, something smells wonderful. I'm starving. I had the driver go non-stop from the hotel so I could get back to you faster."

"Well, don't just stand there, come on in and have a seat. Dinner will be ready shortly. I hope you don't mind pork chops and rice."

Kellie and Noah chatted about general events each had missed while they were apart. She asked where Jessie was and stated that she missed him. Noah had a blazing fire in the fireplace along with champagne and two flute glasses on the end table beside the sofa. When Kellie became comfortable Noah stood and offered her a glass of the sparkling bubbly.

"What's the special occasion?"

Noah handed Kellie her glass and to avoid ruining his surprise announced that dinner was ready and escorted her to the dining table.

After eating and clearing the table Noah brought out two small dessert saucers, each containing an elegant slice of cake and a fork. "Dig in," he said placing the saucer in front of her.

Fear built in Noah as Kellie devoured the cake and only had one bite left. He feared he'd confused the saucers during transfer from the kitchen to the dining table. The heavy weight lifted when she attempted to scoop up the remaining bite and it fell off her fork, revealing the not so shiny gold band staring her in the face.

Noah reached over, picked up the ring and washed it off before standing and walking over to Kellie's side. He got down on one knee and took her left hand in his.

"Kellie my love. I have something for you. You have changed my life more than you realize. I love you, my son loves you and if you'll have us, I would be honored if you would marry me."

Noah's words were clear and distinct as he asked for her hand. Kellie couldn't speak. This was totally unexpected, they had only dated less than a year, but she knew now that he loved her as much as she loved him. She has loved him since high school, even after the way he treated her, but she forgave him for that long ago.

"Oh Noah, I love you too." She said as he placed the ring on her finger. The gleam and sparkle mesmerized her and only when Noah's hand trembled did she answer his question. "Oh God! Yes! I will marry you!" She leaned in and placed a passionate kiss on his lips, feeling his arms wrap around her and pull her closer. "Mrs. Noah Peters, oh I really like the sound of that!"

>>>

The End

As always, a special thanks goes out to michchick98 for the final edit before submitting. I missed not having you there for moral support with different ideas, but then again that wouldn't have been fair to either our readers or us.