How High a Price - The Mouse Roared

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her gaze was focused on the gun when it flew from her hand as Early struck her outstretched arm with a heavy curtain rod. She watched, frozen in shock, as Early picked up the pistol in his gloved hands and with no more expression than if he'd been squashing a snail, fired twice into the wall opposite the front door. Susan pleaded guilty in court. She knew the physical evidence of her fingerprints on the gun, the holes in the wall combined with their neighbor's testimony of her final words would lead to an inevitable ruling. Not to mention, her breaching a restraining order. Maybe, deep down she accepted that by cheating on Early then treating him like shit, she'd really, really fucked up and deserved what she got.

Back in her cell the full impact of Jen's revelations finally sank in. She'd been almost ready to accept her punishment for the cheating and humiliation. Now she knew that the bastard was responsible for the complete destruction of her career, her complete financial ruin and the annihilation of her social standing. Slowly remorse turned to hate and a firm resolve. In nine and a half years that pair had better watch out.

Sleep came very slowly that night in her cell. She looked back on her life of a year ago and her life today. She vowed never to misjudge a mouse ever again.

The end.

12