How I Became a Cheerleader Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DMaster_14
DMaster_14
1,063 Followers

I sat back in shock that he would speak to me like that. I could tell that Helen was just as surprised but before she could say anything I realized that he was right. I had been pouting and depressed since Christmas and now it was time to move on. A month of mourning a lost boyfriend was enough. I still loved Trent, but if he did not want me, then I would have to move on.

I thanked them both for their concern and left before anything else could come up. I thought that they had something else that they wanted to tell me, but I had to get out of there. I made it home quickly and found a letter waiting for me. It was my passport. The sight of it reminded me that I had tickets for a cruise with Trent over March break. I went to Mom and told her that my passport had come in and that we had to return the cruise tickets.

"Don't worry about it." She told me, "I spoke to Heather and Jason as soon as they came back and it is all straightened out. They understand, but you are still going on a cruise."

"I can't go on a cruise with Trent; he hates me for lying to him."

"He doesn't hate you, he is just upset, and did I say anything about Trent. The three of us are going on a cruise together over March break. I have spoken to Jason's travel agent and she got us a great deal. Now get to your homework." I went up to my room pondering what Mom was up to. I did not feel like a cruise, but if she had already paid for it, and from the sounds of it she had, then I figured that I had to go.

The Valentine's Day dance rolled around and I was completely against going when Peter from computer class asked if I would go with him. I could tell that he had really worked his courage up to even ask me, and when I paused he added that it would just be as friends. I agreed. Mom and Susan were happy that I was getting back into the dating scene, but my heart just wasn't in it.

Candy convinced me to go all out; Peter was kind of cute, tall, skinny, dark haired and completely brilliant. All of the girls on the squad agreed to wear red to the dance, and Candy dragged me dress shopping. I got a red version of a little black dress, spaghetti straps, mid thigh and very form fitting. Red stockings and garters and five inch heels and I was ready to go. My blonde hair was pulled back into a braid that hung down my back.

Peter picked me up in his father's car, a Toyota corolla, he spent the afternoon cleaning it and I was pleased that he thought I was worth the effort. The dance was alright, but not great, Peter was a good dancer, and very attentive, but I just could not get into it. Trent showed up with Barb from the squad, and when Candy and I were in the ladies room, she came over and told me to my face that they were only there as friends, that he was still pining for me.

"You need to talk to him." She said as she checked her makeup.

"I have tried, I tried yesterday and he wouldn't even look at me." I replied.

"Well, don't leave it too long, or it will get worse." She said as she breezed out of the ladies room.

Peter took me home at the end of the dance and walked me to the front door. I moved to kiss him on the cheek and he stepped back and offered me his hand.

"Thanks for a great night Janie." He said smiling.

"I am sorry I was so down all night."

"No, I understand. You still love Trent." He said softly. "He still loves you, I could tell by the way he glared at me every time I touched you or we danced."

"I hope he didn't say anything."

"No, just dirty looks, besides, since you came with me tonight, I had three other girls ask me if we were dating. When I said no, their eyes lit up. Thanks." He shook my hand and left. I went inside bewildered.

March break rolled around and I found myself on an airplane to Florida. Mom Susan and I had gone all out, first class all the way. I had not seen the tickets, and was shocked to be led into first class on the airplane and then at the boarding, we were whisked to one side and boarded before I knew what was happening.

We made our way up to the Resort deck and found the party in full swing. We were not allowed into our cabins yet, but Mom handed me a key card and said that we would be allowed in before departure. We had to do a life boat drill before we could undock, but the rooms were not ready yet. Susan steered me into the line at the grill and we got something to eat while Mom got us all drinks.

After finishing my burger an announcement was made that everyone was aboard and that we should go to our cabins to get ready for the life boat drill. We headed down one deck and Mom and Susan stopped at one door and said that I was in the room across the hall.

"I thought that we were all in the same room." I said.

"No, only double occupancy. You have the room across the way." Mom said closing the door.

I stepped over and opened the door. The room was magnificent, floor to ceiling windows, balcony, separate sitting room and Trent standing in middle of the room looking as shocked as I felt.

DMaster_14
DMaster_14
1,063 Followers
12