How I Fell In Love Ch. 06

Story Info
It ends before it ever started?
4k words
4.4
6.1k
5

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 08/22/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A/N- I realise chapter 6 had been due a long time now. I just couldn't bring myself to write it. I am an amateur writer and the way it works for me is I let the story come to me, instead of trying to concoct one. So it takes time and certain circumstances.

This one has no sex, purely an emotional point of view: trying to paint a picture here of them in a refined manner to set what happens next.

All the comments and criticism I received earlier has had an impact on me and encouraged me to write better. Hope this is better than my previous work.

To any readers who have suggestions, please comment below and rate this story. Thank you!

**

Aiden's pov

It had been 2 days since that Sunday when Amy left. At least I knew that she was home and I could at any time go and check up on her.

To say I was heartbroken after everything was an understatement. If only, I could tell Amy...

But it was maybe for the best that she ended it. It was just like her father had told me. My sadism was going to drive her away some day... he wanted me away from her anyways. I respected that. If I had a daughter and I knew her boyfriend was a sadist, I would probably want that too.

Amy was of course kept out of the equation at all times- when my father left, when my mother tried to kill herself, when I had the urge to kill something, when her father came to our rescue, when her father guided me all these years to fight my insanity... Amy was secluded from this part of my life.

I couldn't tell her all this. But the urge in me to go and take her and lose myself in her hadn't subsided at all. I wanted to go, talk... argue if not resolve... but I wanted her. God I felt like a parasite, not being able to let go.

Last couple days had been the best and the worst. Amy submitted-a feat I never imagined would willingly happen in the first few days of our relationship. The way my mother smiled when we told her about our relationship, to how worried she looked when she found Amy had left... it killed me.

Since then my room echoed silence. My life felt as I someone had plunged me into an abyss. I missed Amy. She didn't text or call, neither turned up for classes. My mind, being the pessimist it was, kept jumping to the worst case scenario.

The third day I had had enough. But I knew Amy wouldn't respond to me. I approached Kristen, who thankfully attended the class today. Kristen and Amy's relationship was beyond me. They would only talk when absolutely necessary and leave each other alone at other times. Kristen, along with everyone else in the class, hated me. But when I approached her about Amy, she kept aside the animosity and agreed to go check up on Amy.

The rest of my day was spent with my phone in my hand at all times. I was glued to it. I was to assist my professor today for his research work. I had to put my phone away and I did so reluctantly. But got back to it as soon as I could, only to be disappointed.

-

I hardly ate anything and went to bed. But sleep betrayed me and all the good times I had had with Amy flashed. I wanted to cry after so many years, but I held back.

-

The next day

I went to attend the thermodynamics class. I was way too tired but hopeful that Kristen would tell me about Amy. My eyes were either on the phone or the door. I was awfully early for the class and there were just 2 or 3 more people besides me, nerds who were reading or typing their assignments.

My heart raced fast every time I would hear the door creak.

The class started filling up. But no sign of Kristen.

Finally, I saw Kristen enter.

And behind her, Amy.

My eyes popped out of my head I reckon. She looked- she had a new haircut, her hair now only shoulder length, straightened, her fringes to the side, making her look a little more mature than before, her purple top loose and frilly. She chose to wear a full length tight denim instead of shorts on a hot summer day. I recalled having flogged her legs till they reddened. Was she hiding that with those denim?

Although she looked so good in that outfit, with her new haircut, I could see the pain right in her eyes. Our eye contact hardly lasted for a fraction of a second, when Kristen pulled her to her seat and threw a look at me. Oh God, what had Amy told her? Would Amy tell Kristen? The thought of that happening tightened my stomach and I felt sick.

And the professor came in.

-

The most torturous hour of my life ticked by. My mind just replaying the look I saw on Amy's face when she saw me. The hurt and pain... What had I done? I wanted to beg her for forgiveness... but I knew what I had done was unforgivable. And what I had done was also so she would go away from me. I was not good for her being. And that look was the evidence of that.

It felt like someone was putting acid on my heart and forcing it to pump acid everywhere. My head was fighting to cry and do something at the same time.

The bell ringed and by the time, I could get to her, she left. I resigned and started walking towards the lab for my practical. Kristen stopped me mid-way.

"Stay away from her."

"I will. Just tell me is she ok?"

"She will be. You need to stop doing what you did when she entered the class. Don't remind her of what happened."

Kristen knew what had happened?

"You know what happened?" I asked, my heart in my mouth. Fear rising up my stomach.

"No. She didn't tell me. But she didn't have to. You hurt her and that's what happened. Please don't hurt her more, if you really love her."

Her tone was serious and I knew she was protecting Amy. I felt a little relieved to see that she was, but very very annoyed that Amy needed protection from me.

"Ok."

She let me go. And I felt my eyes well up almost. But I had to attend my practical. I put my thoughts aside, only Amy refused to leave my mind.

-

I came home as soon as the day finished. I didn't feel like doing anything. I went straight to my bed.

I don't know when I felt asleep, but there was a small knock on my door.

I woke up and opened the door. It was my mom.

"You didn't eat anything." She said annoyed.

"Yes. I wasn't hungry." I rubbed my eyes and took my phone out of my pocket to see the time.

"Come on now. You need to eat." She said walking towards the kitchen. "And wear a better shirt. "

I put that disappointment of my phone down and changed from tee shirt to a button down.

I entered the kitchen and my heart stopped. For a moment I thought I was hallucinating. I saw Amy helping my mom with a cake.

The bell rang and I realised I wasn't hallucinating. Amy was really there.

"That's Monica. Can you open the door Aiden?"

Amy looked at me. The hurt was there somewhere but hidden. She was dressed in the same dress she was before. Plus an apron.

"I know Amy looks wonderful but could you please open the door Aiden?"

My mom said with a hint of tease. I quickly walked out of the kitchen and composing myself big time. I got the door and Amy's mom wished me happy birthday on the spot.

She had big tubs of caramel popcorn in her hand. I helped her with them and she walked in to meet Amy and my mom.

I closed the door and half sighed in relief that Amy's dad didn't accompany her mom.

"Monica, hey there. How was your trip?" my mom wished her and the three women caught up while I stood like a dumb fool on the kitchen entrance.

"Are you going to stand there all evening?" my mom asked and snapped out of it as I helped my mom set up the table. My hand touched Amy's once or twice and she went rigid every time. I kept my hands to myself, which was very hard.

I decided to sit away from her, but the only place left for me to sit was right next to her. And I did hesitantly.

She was avoiding my eyes. And my eyes refused to look at anything else. She had worn cologne and sitting so close to her, I could smell it. It was soothing me on a whole different level.

Suddenly I felt Amy widen her eyes at my mom. And I saw our mom's and realised my mom told her mom about our dating.

"When did this happen?" her mom was looking at both of us in glee and surprise.

Amy was uncomfortable and she was radiating it. How could they not see it?

I wanted to open my mouth to say something but I didn't know what to say. Should I tell them we aren't?

"A week back." Amy said courageously.

She was implying we are still dating? Why?

"Aiden you look like you have seen a ghost. You have been like this the whole evening." My mom said.

"I am just surprised is all." I said somehow and I felt Amy drop her head to hide some emotion.

"Well, snap out of it. I want to know more about this." Amy's mom said pointing to us both.

I put my head down and looked at my plate of salad. I didn't know what to say. This was probably the first time I was speechless and helpless with no control over anything.

"He asked, I said yes." Amy spoke for me.

Why was she doing this?

"Just like that?" Her mom asked her.

"He's been asking for a year now." She replied.

"Honey, how come you didn't tell me?"

"I don't know. I guess I didn't think it was something serious and now that it is, we are informing you aren't we?"

Her mom looked at me with something between a suspicion and happiness. She didn't exactly like me but didn't hate me. I could only imagine how Mr Allen would feel about this. Unlike Mrs Allen he knew me and was involved with me more closely.

And the bell rang.

"That'd be Richard. Late but here." Mrs Allen stated.

Oh dear God no! No! No! NO!

I couldn't move from my seat as my mom went to get the door.

Soon, he was joining us at the table, greeting everyone and sat right in front of me. He gave me half a smile. I smiled back.

"Happy birthday son." He said and I could only smile.

"So, Richard, tell me, as a psychiatrist, did you ever had a premonition that these two would lie or hide something?" my mother asked him playfully.

Mr Allen held his gaze at me. I knew exactly what he was thinking... I was that monster who had far more capability of doing worse things than lying or hiding.

"What exactly did they hide and lie about Soph?" he asked, never leaving my eyes.

"They are dating." My mom said.

He looked at Amy for the tiniest second before grilling me with his eyes. I didn't want this. I was un-wishing this so hard. It is my birthday... can I not be guilt-ridden today... please?

"Isn't that amazing?" Mrs Allen said happily almost. She was also oblivious to what Mr Allen knew.

I didn't dare look at Amy anymore. I could only smell her cologne and feel her warmth.

The dinner after that point was just some small talk about the cute things that Amy and I did when we were younger... signs that we may be into each other. And at times Mr Allen would warn me with his eyes. He was however sparing Amy the embarrassment by not prodding much about our "story" as our moms were doing.

I cut the cake and everyone had a small piece and I hoped the dinner would finally end.

Which it did. Mrs Allen gifted me a wrist watch for my birthday. It was small, classy and black. It was perfect.

I wanted to hug Amy but I knew I couldn't even look at her as of now. And they left without me ever getting to talk to Amy.

I turned to my mom...

"Thank you." I meant it though. She had arranged all this... a dinner for me, like we used to have when we were younger.

It wasn't exactly like before given how things had changed and how exposed I felt when Mr Allen looked at me now, but nevertheless... it was my mom's effort to maybe save my relationship. Of course I knew she wasn't blind to the tension between Amy and me. I also knew Amy had talked to her in these two days.

I had absolutely no idea as to what they had talked and why Amy still defended that we were dating, but whatever it maybe, my mom was trying. She loved me and I loved her too.

"You don't have to say thank you Aiden." She said and I felt a little happy somewhere.

"Good night mom."

"That's it? You are not gonna talk to me about Amy?" she asked.

"Mom, there is nothing to talk about. We had a little fight. That's all. And as far as the fight is concerned, I don't think it is really important, else she wouldn't be here tonight celebrating my birthday, would she?"

My mom smiled and I knew she was convinced by my argument although I wasn't.

"True. But fix it. Promise me you will fix it." She said.

"Yes mom. I will. Now you should sleep. You have an early shift."

"Yes I do! Good night and happy birthday..." she said as she went to her room and I went to mine.

-

I checked my phone.

I could see Amy online... but I had nothing to say to her.

Was she staring at me as I was her?

Soon, she went offline for few seconds before coming back.

I couldn't resist it anymore.

Me: Y?

Amy: Y what?

Me: Y did you say we were still dating?

Amy: r u rly this thick?

What did she mean?

Me: sry?

Amy: it was for your mom, not for u.

Me: y lie Amy? U shud hv told her the truth the very same day you left. Y r u complicatin this?

Amy: u don't understand...

Me: no amy. Its u who doesn't understand. Someday she will know we r no longr in a rlnship... she will be heart broken.

Amy: if I didnt lie she wud still b hrtbrkn. I didn't want to brk her hrt on ua bdae which she planned.

Me: u knew abt this dinner?

Amy: I helped arrange it. It wasn't supposed to be abt our relnship tho. Sry it ever went there.

Me: u cud hv told me.

Amy: m sry bt thts hw surprise dinners work.

Me: I wsnt redy fr this.

Amy: I ws never redy fr this.

Me: den u cud hv done something else.

Amy: it wasn't fr u. it was fr ur mom. And nothing I do cud ever be enuf. B correct fr u.

Whoa! Where was this coming from?

Me: I never said that.

Amy: u didn't hv to...

After 5 minutes of just staring... I had nothing to say really, except how much I missed her.

Amy: r u k?

Me: r u?

Amy: Good night Aiden.

Really?

Me: Gn.

She went offline but I couldn't. I just wished ...

My phone pinged.

It was Mr Allen.

I decided to ignore it and kept the phone away. I somewhere blamed his phone call that day when Amy left me. I didn't want to blame him, but I was.

I kept all these thoughts aside and went to sleep, my mind recalling how Amy looked today, how she was with my mom, how she was at the dinner table. Soon I drifted to sleep.

-

The next day.

I had arrived early in the class, sitting, pretending to be working on something.

Finally Kristen and Amy entered the class. Amy was wearing a very old sweater paired with the same jean she wore yesterday. The weather was more humid than it was yesterday and her wearing such clothes would only make her more uncomfortable. I mentally kicked myself for flogging her so much that now she had covered every inch of her with clothes.

She didn't look at me. And somewhere my heart sank looking at her like this.

What had become of us?

-

Amy's Pov:

What had become of us?

Half my mind wanted to just go to him and kiss him senseless and pour my emotions into those kisses, half of me wanted to curl up into a ball and cry my heart out. A relationship that didn't even work for 2 weeks...

And how could I forgive him, even I forget what happened. The marks on my body had faded but my confidence had not returned. What he did, he gave me no explanation for it. He also let me go so easily after wanting me to give us a chance. His love for me was so fragile?

Well mine wasn't. I didn't know if I was truly in love with him, but what I felt maybe came close to that. I couldn't see him like this at all. I wish he had someone like I had Kristen. I kept telling Kristen that I wanted to be with Aiden and she kept telling me to move on.

How could I move on? How could I move on when he clearly hadn't?

I knew he hadn't moved on because Mrs D gave me daily updates, sometimes twice a day or more as to how Aiden was trying to be normal.

I did the dinner last night just for him. To not vanish from his life... I didn't even know how he would handle that. I arranged the dinner hoping it would be like the ones we had when we were kids.

My mom was surely ok with it but I knew my dad wasn't. Maybe making dad cancel his plans and come for this dinner wasn't a good idea on my part. I could feel his prying eyes on Aiden the whole time. I was still thankful he didn't give him any grief for being with me. I was sure he was psycho analysing me and him the whole time. My dad had the knack for it.

Hell he might have even sensed that everything was not as it appeared. But he hadn't talked to me about it and I decided to leave it alone. He had asked me to bring Aiden home today though.

I was waiting for the lecture to get over to tell Aiden that my father has asked for him. As soon as the lecture ended, I approached Aiden. His eyes fixed at me in shock. With every step I took towards him, my knees weakened.

I was at a good 2 foot distance from him when I stopped and opened my mouth to speak.

"I am sorry." He said.

My mind raced... what was he apologising for?

"My dad has asked me to bring you home today." I got it out before I forgot about it.

"He hasn't gone to work today?" he asked.

"No."

"I am free now. Should we go?"

We?

"Please tell me you are accompanying me." He said softly. More of a request.

I nodded my head and turned around to look at Kristen feigning disapproval.

"Should I accompany you as well?" she asked as I came closer.

"No. I can handle this."

"I am just a call away." She said and I smiled.

Aiden was waiting outside the class as I finished my conversation with Kristen. God, both of them didn't like each other.

We started walking. The whole walk was very quiet. And there was a good distance between us both. My mind went back to how we walked, his arm around my waist. I was missing it.

I looked at him, his face. Though a little nervousness was sketched on it, I drank him in. It felt although it had been ages since I had last seen him, touched him... kissed him.

We reached my home and I opened the door for him.

My dad was sitting on the couch and he looked up at us both.

"Hey Amy. Aiden." He greeted us.

"Morning Mr Allen." Aiden wished him.

"Morning. Amy, do you mind if I talk to Aiden alone?"

Wow dad, so direct?

I looked at Aiden who was now petrified almost. I didn't want to leave them alone...

I had a bad feeling, I could sense the atmosphere was very heavy.

I had to leave... I almost ran to my room.

I couldn't think of anything to use an excuse to go back and listen to them. Or rescue Aiden from the situation.

I sat helpless on my bed. My mind wandering to the last time he and I were here. That was the first time we made love. My legs clenched remembering him. I couldn't believe how aroused I was feeling all of a sudden. I pressed my palm against myself. But it only worsened the pain.

I sighed and stopped myself somehow.

I decided to change into some better clothes... I was sweaty from wearing the sweater and jeans. I changed.

I couldn't resist the fact that my dad and Aiden were talking alone, especially after what happened last night. I had the uncontrollable urge to go and check it out.

But I didn't have the guts to go and talk to either of them let them together.

***

I couldn't recall falling asleep on my bed. But I woke up and the first thing I saw after sitting up straight was that there was a slip of paper on the ground.

I opened it. It was a note. Did Aiden leave one?

'Dear Amy,

I know I have wronged you. I should have never led you down this road. And now I am fixing it. I will be informing our parents that it didn't work out between us: that it was one of those friendships that don't evolve into love.

12