How I Met Lisa Marie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

GSWs (gun shot wounds) are expedited in the ER (Emergency Room). There was no trace of the bullet, but it must have been a small bullet probably a .25 or smaller. The exit wound was small too. I got patched up and hauled off to jail.

I was assigned a Public Defender and made my first court appearance the next afternoon. The Charge? Murder, no bail.

The Public Defender was adamant that the charge would never hold up in court and that manslaughter ( a bail able offense) or self defense were the only possible charge.

The District Attorney cited my out of state residence, callus disregard for human life, etc Yada, Yada, Yada, etc. The judge agreed and I was sent back to jail to await trial.

The two kids that were robbing the Speede --Mart the one with the gun had a history with the authorities. His partner was the mayor's son, no record. My bullet passed through the first boy destroying his left arm and killed the mayor's son (the second robber).

The guy with the gun said that I fired first and he shot back in self defense. The mayor's son was still dead. The clerk was hiding behind the counter and didn't see a thing. Smart clerk.

The little girl that was being held by the gunman did not know who fired first. She was just scared.

The mayor and district attorney were golfing buddies. Days later my public defender filed a motion to have the charges reduced. He also argued for a Corner's inquest instead of a trial. The judge almost agreed.

So the charge was manslaughter in the second degree. Bail could be arranged.

If I bailed out, I would have to post two thousand dollars for the bond, and then rent a room until the trial.

The jail was really crowded, but I was assigned to the annex. Not so crowded. I decided to let the county support me for the next three weeks. The District Attorney himself was going to try the case. The trial date was set for the 14th of next month.

The DA got appendicitis and had to pass the case to an assistant district attorney. The new ADA got a continuance of a week so she could get up to speed on the case.

I guessed that was so that I could finish painting the second floor hand rail in the annex.

The Office of Assigned Council, (public defender) was a young guy and had too many cases. The new ADA wanted to settle out of court for manslaughter two. Eleven years. The county public defender brought me the offer.

My reply? "NO fuck'n way, it was an accident brought on by self defense". The PD agreed and left quietly.

ADA Hutchins offered again. Same answer from me.

Finally she wanted a meeting. The three of us sat at a table in one of the jails conference rooms. I was the only one chained to the floor.

She was a nice looking blonde but a hard assed attorney. It wasn't a power suit, but it was tailored nicely. Low black pumps and semi short hair that I guessed came in a bottle but was nicely done. No rings to hint at a husband.

I explained the circumstance of the shooting. I had come up to the door of the Speede-Mart and was about to enter when I saw the guy with the little chrome pistol pointing it at the clerk. He had his left arm around the little girl's neck and was pulling her tightly against his midsection. She was crying and having trouble breathing because of the choke hold he had on her.

I went back to my trunk and loaded my .45 and waited outside so at least the clerk wouldn't get caught in any shooting. I wanted to give the little girl an option. When the guy with the gun came out I told him, "Step away from the girl. Drop the gun!"

He shot at me instead. I fired back. My one bullet hit the gunman and went through him and fatally hit the second robber. The guy with the gun didn't leave me an out, I shot in self defense. It was never my intention to hurt or kill either of those two boys."

She asked, "He didn't leave you an out? What does that mean?" Her voice was stern but not angry.

"An out, a reason for me not to shoot. He pointed his gun at me and pulled the trigger first. I had to shoot back to save my own life. His bullet hit me in the arm." I indicated my left upper arm.

She didn't make another offer, she just stood up and stated, "This meeting is over" as her heels clicked toward the door. After she was gone, my PD and I guessed that a trial was eminent.

The next day my PD called a meeting. We sat in the annex conference room talked almost an hour. At least I wasn't chained to the floor. He must have been looking for character references or something.

Then he asked me, "Do you have a business card?"

"Sure, but they are in my car," I replied.

"Were there any on your person when you were arrested?"

"No, they are non standard size and I only carry them in my car, not my wallet."

"Describe one to me," he asked.

I gave him the Cliff Notes version of my business card and then he told me that a trial date was set for next Tuesday at ten of the clock.

"Oh great, I get to finish painting the banister on the south annex stairway now." I mused.

He smiled but was confident that I would be acquitted. He also said the ADA was a tough customer.

I translated," You mean a hard ass?"

He just smiled and said, "Call me Brian".

The next day Brian showed up again. Holy shit, I must be on his good side or something's up. Apparently he had gone to the impound lot and searched my car. He had one of my business cards in his hand.

"Is this yours?" He asked.

"Yup, that's mine."

"Tell me about it."

I told him the entire story. The concept, the execution and the meaning of the characters. He seemed satisfied and left kind of abruptly.

Two days later, Thursday, Brian came and told me the manslaughter charges would be dropped if I pleaded guilty to discharging a fire arm within the city limits, a misdemeanor. I would be fined $259 and jail as time served.

He said, "Take the deal."

I took the deal and signed the papers. He said, "The judge will sign this and you will be processed out tomorrow and I will see you then."

The next afternoon Brian met me at discharge. I asked about my pistol and was told it was being held as evidence. Damn! I liked that gun.

He offered me a ride to my car.

Now things seemed to take a bit of a strange twist. My car wasn't in the impound yard. It had been towed to a garage where the battery was being charged and the tank had been filled with fresh gasoline. The wash and wax made the old girl look almost new.

I asked him, "Who sprung for the tow?"

His reply, "My aunt."

I asked again, "Why would she do that? Does she know me?"

Brian looked puzzled too. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know, but you need to do one more thing before you head out of town."

"What's that?" I asked.

"Join my aunt and I for an late lunch, right now."

I tried to beg off, but he was a hard case himself.

He continued, "And beside, maybe you could thank her for the money she spent on your tow."

He had a point. Ingratitude was not one of my many faults.

We headed across town in his Nissan coupe. The drive into the country club was long, winding and had more flowers, shrubs and trees than most parks. We didn't use Valet so we had to walk about a block to get to the front door of the gargantuan club house.

The Maître 'd recognized Brian and silently escorted us into the depths of the lavish establishment.

He stopped at a large secluded table and Brian and I were face to face with:

Assistant District Attorney Hutchins.

All of a sudden I didn't want to be there. Shit, Brian had sandbagged me.

But then the most pleasant voice spoke, "Brian, Jack, thank you for coming. Please sit down and order a drink. Lunch has already been ordered and will be here soon."

Brain began, "I know that we all know each other. But this is my aunt, Ms. Hutchins."

I nodded toward the professionally dressed lady and received a pleasant smiled in return. She offered her hand for a gentle shake. Her skin was soft but her grip was firm.

"Nice to meet you, again" she said.

I just nodded and replied, "Ma'm."

Brian ushered me into the chair that was just opposite of his aunt and he used the chair that was next to me.

My vodka tonic with a lime twist was a tall. I needed that. Brian ordered a CC (Canadian Club) and water. His aunt was drinking good scotch. I could smell it.

Our host began and talked like she was reminiscing. It was like we had all experienced the same things at the same time. She told Brian and I about the beauty of the first snow fall of the winter . The smells from the kitchen on thanksgiving just before the dinner was to be served.

The thrill of pushing a snow mobile to its limits across a frozen lake. The mornings in spring when the blossoms and the sun and birds all mix together. The power of the surf on a California cliff. The antics of a new puppy. The innocence of a child.

I knew about everything she spoke. It was like we had lived parallel lives. I was getting comfortable setting at the same table with her. All of a sudden her ass didn't seem quite so hard.

The lunch was Rigatoni and salad with breadsticks. I ate too much.

I didn't see them coming, but Brian did. He stood quickly and stepped to greet the two ladies that had approached the table.

"Hi mom." As he cheek kissed the most beautiful lady that I'd seen in quite a while. "Aunt Jenny Lynn." And a similar kiss to the second most beautiful lady that I'd seen in a months.

ADA Hutchins gained about 3 points on the MILF scale when I realized that she was a sister to these two elegant looking ladies. Now if she just wasn't a hard ass attorney that had wanted to send my ass to jail for 11 years.

Fuck, no respect!

I stood and was introduced simply as, "Jack." Brian went around the table and pulled out the two chairs next to his aunt. His mom and aunt Jenny Lynn were seated, one on each side of their sister.

A waiter appeared with their drinks.

They chatted; I mostly listened and enjoyed the pleasant company and the plush surroundings. Looking at three beautiful ladies on the other side of the table didn't hurt either. They did look my way on many occasions but did not stare. Plenty of diamonds on the ring fingers.

During the second round of drinks, Brian's aunt spoke. " Brian, I want to tell you a story and Jack, would you please indulge me?"

I nodded acceptance.

ADA Hutchins Story

"Several years ago I was attacked and rapped. Only your mother and your Aunt Jenny Lynn know this Brian, so this is just between us." Brian's eyes opened wider and he nodded for his aunt to continue.

I was feeling strange all of a sudden. I almost questioned why she would tell her nephew something that private with me at the table. But I knew enough to keep my own council and focused on the red lips and easy voice that was telling the story.

"I didn't go to the police because the two men escaped. They were run off by man that was my benefactor. He was the strongest most in control person I'd ever met. He saved my life of that I am certain. I had fought back.

The one man that actually rapped me threatened to kill me if I kicked him again. I was sure that he meant it because I did kick him a second time.

After the two attackers were driven off, I was treated to that man's personal safety, and the comfort of his voice. He told me about all things good. His life must have had plenty of beautiful moments.

I listened as we drove. I didn't show it, but I listened. He continued to talk, it was dark but his voice was strong yet soft. He conveyed a sense of joy and brightness and, after a while, I felt secure in his presence.

By the time our drive ended, I too was thinking about those kinds of special moments. Those moments that make life worth while. It was a turning point for me from the despair of the day to hope of tomorrow.

His face had dimmed in my memory, but his voice is still crystal clear in my heart.

I did go to my doctor, (she reached out and squeezed Brian's mom's hand) and got private medical care. My beloved sisters insisted that I go to a psychiatrist for my well being." (Her other hand grasped and squeezed Jenny Lynn's hand)

"I did. It took me nearly two years to work thought that terrible ordeal. I had other issues to deal with also. Jenny Lynn, you and Mattie Mae have been my most ardent supporters. I love you guys so much."

At this point I realized that only Brian and I did not know the story that was being told. Brian's aunt had assembled her support team for this telling to Brian. I still wondered why she chose to tell him at this particular time.

"My marriage was in shambles and I hated being a lawyer. But thanks to all of you, (her eyes locked on mine for a second too) things are much better now. I love my job and I look forward to each new day. I'm happy and I'm excited about you and Jan getting married." (She focused at Brian)

She had my business card in her hand and was sliding it through her fingers as she talked. I hadn't seen Brian give it to her but I was watching her face and must have missed that.

The lady lawyer leaned slightly toward me and said, "I am sorry that you killed that boy at the robbery. I know that you never intended to hurt either of them. He didn't leave you an out though, did he?

That is why I have dropped the charges against you. My boss will be pissed, but I can handle him."

She dipped quickly into her purse and took out what looked like one of her business cards and penned a number at the bottom. Her well manicured nails pushed the card gently in front of me on the linen cloth.

"I am sorry for your time in jail, but that is over with now and I want to offer you a phone number, my cell. I would like you to call me some time."

I took the card in both hands and stared unbelievably and speechless at her. I had not a clue as to what was going on! I felt my face flush and my eyes tear. I couldn't even thank her for dropping the charges.

The not so hard assed lady across the table held the edge of my business card up to her cheek, looked me straight in the eyes and said,

"You gave me this card four years ago, that night in Montana. I only left you a note that next morning. I am sorry I did that. I owed you so much more than just a note. But that was my mental state of affairs at that time. I hope that you will understand and forgive me."

The lady from four years ago stood up, as did Brian and I, and walked around the table. Her arms went around my chest, grabbed me in a powerful hug. A hug that had apparently been a long time in the making.

It was a high pressure hug! A perfect blend of tits, tummy and thighs. Damn did she feel good. I almost put my hands on her ass, but realized my error quick enough to guide both hands onto her back just above her waist band.

As she hugged me she whispered up into my ear, "Your gun is in my desk. Is that the same one you had four years ago?"

When she released me she stepped back and wiped a tear from her eye.

"Yes it is." was my reply with a slight head nod. She again spoke softly into my ear.

"I don't like guns, but I like you having that one! And when I said call me, I mean tomorrow. Ask me to lunch, please."

It took my brain only a split second to remember every detail of the evening that we met. The sweet taste of her name came onto my tongue and hers at the same time, Lisa Marie.

12