How Long Can You Resist Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Edith took a breath to calm herself. It hurt her to see her son so upset with her, but she only wanted to do what was best for him. "Darling, believe me, there are far more appropriate women in London for you to consider," she said, trying to soothe him. "Please, do not throw it all away for some frivolous dalliance with an overly eager country girl."

There was a gasp heard in the doorway. Gerard turned just in time to see Elizabeth running through the front door, not bothering to close it behind her.

*

The sky was dark and turbulent, much like Elizabeth. She had come back from the washroom, hoping to discover a less tempestuous scene. What she saw, however, was a bitter fight between mother and son.

And what she had heard had cut her to the quick.

My God, she thinks I'm... that I'm some sort of whore! Elizabeth thought as she fought back tears. Humiliated, all she wanted was to get as far away from Brackley as she possibly could.

She headed toward the back of the house and ran for the stables, her chest constricted with her efforts not to cry. Spying Lucifer, she moved towards him. "Hello, old boy," she greeted him, stroking his nose. "Care to take me home?"

*

Gerard felt his as if his heart was in his throat as he slammed the front door behind him. Ignoring his mother and aunt, who had pleaded with him not to chase after her, he panicked as his eyes combed his surroundings. He was desperate to find Elizabeth. He wanted to talk to her and calm her, to reassure her that he didn't agree with his mother, and that he... that he...

He heard a whinny. Turning his head to the left, he just barely had time to jump out of the way before Lucifer plowed him down. Looking closely, he saw that it was Elizabeth in the saddle, galloping at a neckbreaking speed away from the house.

A look of horror coming to his face, Gerard immediately ran to the stables, saddled up one of the other horses and dug his heels into its side. She's in no condition to be riding, he thought feverishly. His breath caught as he remembered his father's accident. "I won't lose someone else I care about," he said to himself.

He urged his horse to a faster pace. The chase was on.

*

Elizabeth felt the first drops of rain hit her back just as the first tears trickled down her cheek. How appropriate, she thought morosely. The weather matches my mood.

"Elizabeth!"

She turned and looked over her shoulder, thinking for a moment that she was hearing things in her hysteria. The sight that greeted her was startling: Gerard had followed her. And, what's more, he was doggedly pursuing her.

"Elizabeth! Stop!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. "Please, stop! I beg you!"

"No!" she shouted. "I am not going where I am not wanted!"

Her tears were flowing freely now as she remembered the hurtful things she had heard. If his mother thinks I am a whore, what does Gerard think? she wondered. Am I not good enough? The ache in her chest became unbearable, and she began to sob.

The rain was falling heavily now. It seemed the heavens sobbed with her.

With his rider no longer able to be in control, Lucifer began to slow down. Finally able to catch up, Gerard heard Elizabeth weeping as he drew his horse alongside hers. His heart broke, and he reached out to take the reins from her hands.

She didn't protest. Instead, as the chase came to an end, she looked at him and wept openly. Even with puffy eyes, a dripping nose and her face covered in tears and rainwater, Gerard was hard-pressed to remember a time when he had seen anything so perfect.

"Darling, please do not cry," he murmured as he leaned over to take her in his arms. "Shh, sweet one. It hurts me to see you cry."

Elizabeth's body racked with sobs, and she collapsed into his embrace. Gerard rubbed his hands up and down her back, for she had started shivering. "Say, I know an abandoned barn nearby," he said, hoping his wit would cheer her up. "You remember that barn, yes?"

Elizabeth nodded, still crying.

"Is it alright if we wait out the rain there?" he asked, still petting her. "It is unfortunate that it always seems to rain when we are together." He waited patiently for her answer, and when she nodded again he dismounted and began to lead both horses in the direction of promised shelter.

*

Having tethered the horses, Gerard turned his attention toward tending to Elizabeth. She had curled up on a small pile of hay, and for the last five minutes or so she had been deathly quiet.

Approaching slowly, Gerard said, "I think it is best if we get you warm, darling. I couldn't live with myself should you get sick."

Elizabeth said nothing, continuing to stare somewhere off into the distance. Gerard sighed, then took a seat near her. "Please, Elizabeth," he said. "Let me take care of you."

"Why do you care?" she said finally, turning her gaze onto him. Her eyes were narrowed and filled with hurt and distrust. "Why did you even follow me? I am not worth your efforts, remember?"

Gerard was taken aback by her sudden vehemence. Clearly she had overheard the conversation between him and his mother; and clearly she believed that he had taken his mother's side.

"I do care, Elizabeth," he said earnestly, trying to take her hand. She refused him, pulling away.

This caused Gerard's temper to flare. "After such a pleasant day together, you would let the words of a misguided and ignorant woman turn you against me so?" he said. "You would believe the worst of me, despite my having told you otherwise?"

"I do not know what I am supposed to believe!" Elizabeth cried, once again feeling tears prickle at her eyes. She was feeling very confused; she so badly wanted to trust Gerard, for she had truly come to care for him in these past few days. But how could she care for someone whose family thought so little of her?

"Why did you run away, Elizabeth?" Gerard asked softly, again trying to take her hand. This time she allowed it.

"Your mother thinks I am some common wench," she whispered, unable to bring herself to say the words any louder. "And she hates me, and I would not be able to bear it if you began to hate me, too."

Gerard frowned, unable to believe his ears. "My darling, you are no 'common wench'," he said, leaning over her and staring down into her beautiful face. She looked up at him, hurt still evident in her eyes. "Listen to me, sweetheart," he said, cupping her cheek tenderly in his rough hand. "There is nothing 'common' about you. You are exquisite."

Elizabeth relaxed against his hand, feeling as if the fist that had been clenched around her heart suddenly let go. "Really?" she asked.

"Yes, really," Gerard answered, smiling a bit as he bent to kiss her cheek. "I could never hate you. You make me feel alive," he said, brushing the remaining tears from her face.

"I do?" Elizabeth asked, feeling breathless in this close proximity to him.

"Yes," Gerard answered, his voice gravelly and deep."You make me laugh," he added, kissing each of her eyelids.

"You find me amusing?" Elizabeth whispered, unable to make her voice work properly. She was lost in the darkness of his eyes -- they consumed her, and she felt a molten heat begin to flow and pool between her thighs.

"I do," Gerard whispered. "And you know what else?"

Elizabeth shook her head.

"You make me want to take care of you and protect you," he said. Finally, he lowered his head and touched his lips to hers.

Elizabeth groaned on contact, provoking an answering groan from Gerard. She felt his hot tongue slip between her lips, dancing with hers and making her dizzy with desire. Her entire body hummed with pleasure, and she wrapped her arms around Gerard's neck, pulling him tighter against her.

Gerard, too, felt as if he were on fire. The delicate lilac perfume that he smelled whenever he was near her enveloped him and filled his senses, making him heady and lustful. She tasted so sweet, and he deepened the kiss in an attempt to taste even more. Elizabeth was in quite a form tonight, he thought, as she returned his kisses with as much fervor as he gave them.

Using his thigh to push her legs apart, Gerard cradled himself there, his rigid cock rubbing impatiently against her mound. At this Elizabeth's eyes sprang open, surprise and a bit of fear evident in their cerulean depths. Gerard, feeling her tense, stopped what he was doing and brought his hands to her face, stroking her gently. "It's alright, love," he said. "I will not do anything you aren't ready for."

Elizabeth held his gaze for but a moment before she was reassured that he meant what he said. Giving a small nod, she closed her eyes once more and brought her mouth up to meet his.

Gerard accepted her soft lips wholeheartedly, imitating with his tongue an act he wanted so desperately to commit with the rest of his body. I must get control of myself, he scolded himself. I don't want to scare her.

The world had been turned on its end, it seemed. Elizabeth was lost amid rolling waves of pleasure. She had never before been in such a situation with a man, and she didn't understand all of the feelings rushing through her, but she knew enough to know that she had never felt this good in her life.

Gerard pulled away, breaking the kiss and leaving Elizabeth to pout. Chuckling at her charming moue, he said, "Don't worry, sweetheart. I am not done with you yet."

Elizabeth felt doubt creep into her mind as she focused on that one word: "yet."

"What do you mean, you are not done with me 'yet'?" she asked, nervousness beginning to take the place of desire.

"Do you trust me?" Gerard asked, tracing a finger down the bodice of her gown, then toying with the top button.

Elizabeth paused, seriously mulling over the question. Gerard was nothing but sweet to her. "Er... yes, Gerard, I do trust you," she stammered, starting to feel short of breath as he undid the top button and moved to the second. "But..."

"Shh, dear one," Gerard said, bringing his finger to her lips to quiet her. "That is all I needed to know." He resumed with the unbuttoning of her gown, stopping when he reached her navel. Pushing apart the fabric, he felt Elizabeth start to quiver.

"You are so lovely, Elizabeth," he whispered. He gently moved his hand under the bodice of her dress, feeling the threadbare shift she wore beneath it. "So soft, and so warm," he moaned as his hand finally reached its destination and wrapped itself around the plush curve of her left breast.

Elizabeth inhaled sharply as Gerard's thumb brushed over her already hard nipple. Goosebumps popped up along her fair skin, and she closed her eyes as she was overwhelmed by what she was feeling. "Gerard," she whimpered, clutching at his arms. "What are you doing to me?"

"Showing you how much I care for you," Gerard said as he left the warmth of her breasts and moved down her body to the end of her skirt. He lifted an ankle, admiring how delicate it was in his large hand. Go slowly, he reminded himself as he began to move his hands beneath her skirt and over her shapely calves.

Elizabeth gasped. It seemed that everywhere Gerard touched went up in flames. "Gerard?" she managed to squeak, as she felt his rough palms reach her silken inner thighs.

"Yes?" he answered, barely maintaining his composure. She's like an angel, he thought, biting his lower lip in agony as he fought to keep himself under control.

"I feel... strange," she said, looking at him worriedly.

"Strange?" Gerard asked, focusing on the goodly amount of leg he had just bared to his eyes. Her legs were as comely as the rest of her, and he found himself wondering what it would feel like to have them wrapped around him as he poured himself into her.

"Yes, very strange," Elizabeth said, her hand coming to rest on her stomach. "I feel so... tight... in here."

"Hmm," Gerard murmured, pushing her skirt and shift up to her waist and adjusting so that his face was nearer to her source of heat. Her mound was lovely, covered in a soft tuft of dark hair and glistening with arousal in the faint light. Gerard inhaled her musky scent, and he shuddered with a desire so strong that he nearly couldn't contain it.

Elizabeth flushed with embarrassment, trying to close her legs to prevent him from staring at her most private parts. But Gerard was having none of it -- he held her thighs apart with his hands, and she could feel his hot breath ruffling her hair. She felt more wetness pool there, and knew Gerard could see it when she heard his muffled groan.

"You are even beautiful down here," he said. Unable to resist any longer, he touched his tongue to the weeping opening and took a taste.

Elizabeth's hips bucked up off the ground as she felt his tongue on her. "Good God!" she cursed, causing Gerard to chuckle against her. Encouraged, he began to lick her with more ardor, drinking in the juices she was spilling.

Waves of pleasurable sensations broke over Elizabeth, and instinctively she rocked her hips up in an effort to meet his mouth. Unable to keep still, she thrashed about in delight as Gerard continued to lave her with his tongue.

A thrill of satisfaction ran through Gerard as he watched Elizabeth writhe and moan. Obviously she was enjoying herself; to be the one bringing her to such heights gave Gerard a sense of pride he'd never felt before. Trying his best to hold her in place, he traced lazy circles over her clit, groaning as the small bud hardened on his tongue.

"Oh, Gerard," Elizabeth soughed, reaching down and threading her fingers in his thick black hair. "Something is about to happen!" She felt so tightly wound, like she was going to snap at any moment.

"Is it?" Gerard said, blowing cool air on her swollen nub, then taking it fully into his mouth.

"Yes!" Elizabeth fairly screeched, grinding her snatch furiously against his face.

"Well then," Gerard mumbled, trying to get his words out despite how difficult she was making it. "Allow me to make it happen, love." And with that he inserted a finger into her as far as it could go.

Elizabeth's jaw fell slack as Gerard began to simultaneously lick her and move his finger in and out of her gently. She could hear the wet sounds it made, and it pushed her over the edge.

"Gerard!" she cried, unconsciously driving herself down onto his finger as colors exploded behind her eyes. She wrapped her arms around herself, shivering as the orgasm -- her very first -- washed over her.

Gerard moaned as he felt the warm walls clamp and clench around his finger. He came to a stop slowly, wanting to prolong her pleasure. He also wanted to thrust himself into her until they both passed out from exhaustion, but he ignored that to the best of his abilities. What mattered most to him was that Elizabeth had this moment, and that he was able to give it to her.

Pulling down Elizabeth's skirt, Gerard dropped a kiss on her ankle. Then he repositioned himself so that he was laying next to her, and he held her as she came down from her high. "How was that, darling?" he whispered in her ear, kissing her earlobe and holding her tighter.

"Oh, Gerard, that was wonderful," Elizabeth sighed, turning her head to look at him. Gerard's breath caught at the affection he saw in her eyes, and a wave of tenderness consumed him as he tucked her head beneath his chin.

"I care about you very much, Elizabeth," Gerard said quietly, surprised at himself for saying it out loud. "Please believe me when I say that."

"Mmm hmm," Elizabeth muttered sleepily, curling up into Gerard and pressing her body against his.

"You believe me?" Gerard prodded. Her answer was important to him. He needed to hear her say it.

"Yes, I believe you," she said into his chest. "I care about you very much, too." And with that she drifted off to sleep, snoring softly.

Gerard kept his arms around her, feeling protective and caring and a whole slew of emotions he had never felt before. In the distance he heard thunder rolling; he resigned himself to the fact that safest thing was for them to spend the night in the barn.

Sighing, Gerard closed his eyes and willed himself to sleep. But in his heart of hearts, as he held Elizabeth, he knew that sleep would be a long time coming.

12