How to Punctuate Like a Pro

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The shopping list included: bread, butter, pickles, cucumbers, condoms, and KY.
Jim won the following awards: Best Actor, Best Director, and Best Key Grip.


In conclusion, punctuation is your friend. It's purpose it to cue the reader into how the sentence is supposed to be read. We have “rules" so that it's standardized across the board and when I use a period, you know what it's supposed to mean. Punctuation has one purpose and one purpose only, to make sure that what I write is clear to whoever reads it. It's not that hard when you get used to it, and the best way to learn it is just by reading! I mean stuff that's been run through punctuation freaks. We call them editors. Next time you pick up a magazine or a book, take a few moments to examine the punctuation. Don't worry about memorizing it; you'll remember it.

  • COMMENTS
11 Comments
TheOldStudTheOldStudover 1 year ago

Thank you so much!

ShortyMacShortyMacabout 2 years ago

I hate to say it, but I need this information to try and get some stories published. Only problem is now I have a massive Migraine. I always had major problems in school. That’s why I have this massive Migraine.

L O ReinsL O Reinsover 3 years ago

Loved it!

More please. You write so clearly and with humor that strengthens your points. By the way, I use three spaces after my periods. See.

Btw, what’s a ‘Johngold’?

DazmineDazminealmost 5 years ago
Yo dawg your spaces afterr a period are outdated

Typically speaking, most people only put a single space after their periods. At least in this century ...

ChrisEvaChrisEvaover 5 years ago
dangling period

It isn't correct to say that in America the tucked period in a partial quote is only "somewhat acceptable." ;) (see what I did there)

It's standard and correct in the US. See any google search, for example https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/quotation-marks-with-periods-and-commas

It's due to the better typographical appearance, I believe, so the tiny period or comma isn't hanging out there on its own. I myself have gotten agnostic to it, especially when writing on computers. But I still see this as "ugly". And this as "correct." ;)

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

How To Make Characters Talk in Your Stories The ins and outs of potent dialogue.in How To
A Crash Course in Grammar A little English Grammar that won't cure your insomnia.in How To
Writing Quality Sex Scenes Guide for those who struggle with fucking.in How To
Three Days of Watching my Wife Fuck Vacation, watching reluctant wife fuck Spring Breakers.in Loving Wives
Tara's Breeding Three men decide to have their way with fertile Tara.in NonConsent/Reluctance
More Stories