How to Tame a Dragon Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
totallyatease
totallyatease
1,030 Followers

So what exactly had he been going to have out with Izzy? He felt profound relief that common sense had prevented him from making a complete fool of himself. He really needed to get a grip where Izzy was concerned. After all she was only a girl and quite a plain one at that.

**

Jessie took Izzy out the following day. "The guys are doing work stuff again and I think it would be a good idea if we were -- to not be here for a bit."

"Yes but where will we go and how?" Izzy fretted as she pictured them walking for miles in a vain attempt at staying away.

Jessie grinned at her. "Daniel's got a mini parked out back and he said that I could borrow it if I wanted to..." she raised her brow in query. "So how do you fancy trundling down a few country lanes and getting hopelessly lost for a few hours?"

So that was how they spent the better part of the morning. Jessie finally came to a small village and in the centre there was a little coffee house. She looked across at Izzy who grinned back. "Ooooh toasted tea cakes;" She sighed.

Jessie laughed. "Honestly Izz; I'm amazed that you are still as thin as you are, what with the amount of food you eat."

"I'm convalescing," she sniffed. "I need all the food to keep my energy levels going." She peeped up at Jessie and grinned impishly. "And if you believe that you'll believe anything."

Jessie threw back her head and laughed delightedly. "Oh Izzy!" she exclaimed, "welcome back to the world of the living!"

They went arm in arm into the little coffee shop, and spent a delightful hour or more sipping coffee and munching on tea cakes and chatting and giggling quietly together.

When they finally left the coffee shop, the place seemed a little empty and forlorn without the warmth of the two sisters.

They climbed back into the mini and resumed their aimless exploration of the country side; and the hours seemed to just tick on by.

By the time they decided to head back, it was after three o'clock in the afternoon. Their light hearted chatter had reduced to an amicable silence, as Jessie parked the car round the back; and they walked in through the back door. Mrs Coats smiled at them and filled two cups with coffee and handed them over. Izzy reached over and kissed Mrs Coats on the cheek and Jessie not to be out done did likewise. "That's for being such a treasure." Izzy told her over her shoulder as she left the kitchen.

She wandered through the house with her hot cup of coffee. She found one of her favourite spots a small padded window seat; where she curled up and watched the world below her. As she sat sipping her coffee, Richard and Daniel returned.

Richard leapt out of the car and went straight inside, whereas Daniel walked around the car to take his brief case out of the boot. As he slammed the lid down, he suddenly looked up to where Izzy sat watching him.

He stood staring at her for a long hypnotic moment, before striding deliberately into the house.

Izzy felt a surge of panic. She was absolutely convinced that he was going to come marching up to her. She slithered off the seat and scuttled off to her bedroom to close the door and lean against it. She could feel her heart going ten to the dozen and the blood coursed through her.

She had to admit one thing she thought to herself; she'd certainly felt more alive since she had come to stay in brother Daniel's home. She shook her head laughing silently at herself and her fanciful imagination.

She sighed a little regretfully and decided to go and take a shower...

Daniel knew that by the time he reached that window seat, Izzy would be long gone. He'd seen that look of alarm on her face, as he had turned away from her. It didn't stop him from marching up to it though. He didn't even know what he would have said to her had she still been there, he was actually relieved that she had managed to elude him yet again, leaving a half full cup of coffee as if to prove to him that she had actually been there, and that she hadn't been in his imagination.

Grinding his teeth in frustration he stormed off to his own room. Izzy was really starting to get under his skin... and something would have to be done about that!

totallyatease
totallyatease
1,030 Followers
12