Howling at the Moon

Story Info
A comedic and slightly edgy take on paranormal romance.
16.6k words
4.82
42.8k
122
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Boadicea
Boadicea
387 Followers

It was a textbook bad day.

Sadie woke up with her hair in a mess, missed the bus and was late for her first class. Her cell phone went off in the middle of class, pissing off the professor, and her knee ached all day from running for the freaking bus. She ordered spaghetti from the cafeteria, and the congealing mess had apparently been badly prepared because it had her running to the bathroom in the middle of family law, once again pissing off the professor.

It was dark when she finally made it off campus, and Sadie was exhausted and pissed. She needed some air, so she walked past the bus stop and into the night.

The street was under construction so most of the streetlights were out. Sadie didn't care. She figured the darkness and cold would help clear her head.

She made it all of two blocks when she saw it.

It was a wolf, but far larger than any she'd ever seen before.

Sadie wasn't exactly a dog lover, but she didn't hate them either.

She thought of offering the wolf her hand.

With dogs, one sniff and they knew if you were hostile.

One look in the wolf's eyes squashed that idea.

It looked hungry, and it wasn't for love.

"Nice doggie..."she said, trying not to show fear.

She tried to go past it, but it growled and stepped in her path.

Sadie took a step backward, and then another, watching the wolf lick its chops.

She realized she had only one option.

She dropped her bag, turned, and ran.

Behind her she thought she heard a laugh, or at least the wolf equivalent. She knew the wolf was following her, and she cursed her bum knee as she ran down the street.

She saw the opening to a parking lot and turned, hoping the wolf would lose her, but no sooner had she moved when something barreled into her from behind.

She fell to the ground, feeling asphalt scrape her knees through her jeans. Sadie tried curling her into a ball, but the wolf was much stronger, its paws ruthlessly spreading her limbs and pinning her into place. It licked its chops, its bloody breath in her face, but before its teeth sank into her throat, Sadie managed to free one arm. The move had her jerking to the side, but it wasn't far enough. Razor sharp teeth sank into her flesh right above her clavicle and she screamed in pain as the wolf pulled away and chewed, its mouth covered in her blood.

With her free hand she punched the wolf with all her might, but all it did was the make the wolf angrier and with a snarl it whacked her in the head with its paw and chomped down on the offending arm.

It was about to deal what Sadie was certain was a killing blow when it suddenly raised its head and growled.

She heard another in response and managed to turn her head.

Though dizzy from blood loss and the knock on the head, she saw another giant wolf. This one was larger, bulkier, and a magnificent silvery gray.

Sadie watched the two wolves face-off, the tension in the air almost tangible, when suddenly, the silver one leapt.

The Big Bad Wolf (that was what she'd dubbed her attacker) jumped off of her.

The two tangled, paws flying, jaws snapping. The silver wolf knocked the Big Bad Wolf to the ground and raised its head, clearly ready to tear out its throat when suddenly the Big Bad Wolf leapt to its feet and ran. The silver wolf ran off after it, while Sadie lay on the ground bleeding from what she guessed were two enormous bites.

She tried to get up, but she was so light headed from the knock to the head and blood loss that it was hopeless.

So Sadie lay there, feeling her blood drain.

She was on the brink of losing consciousness when she saw a gorgeous naked man lean over her.

She's alive.

Sadie nodded at his words, though for some reason, she didn't see his lips move.

He was tall and muscled, with a fine mat of dark hair across his chest that narrowed over washboard abs and disappearing into a patch of hair surrounding some rather impressive equipment. She couldn't tell the color of his eyes, but they were surprisingly effeminate in an otherwise hard face.

She wondered why a naked man would be standing in the middle of a parking lot asking her if she was ok.

It was her last thought before she passed out.

***

John Parris didn't know what to do. He'd been on the trail of Jason Void, rogue pack member and murderer. As chief pack enforcer, it was his responsibility to put the wolf down. Jason had been working on his next victim, a young woman, when John finally caught up to him.

He'd tangoed with Jason, a rather pathetic opponent, and had been on the brink delivering the pack's version of justice when the coward literally turned tail and fled.

John had lost his trail a mile away when he'd passed through an alley laden with garbage and the scent of stale piss.

With a snarl he knew the chase was over for the night, so he ran back to check on the victim. John knew that at this point she'd rather see a naked man than a wolf, so he changed and rushed to her side.

She was young, no more than twenty five, and on the slender side; hardly a filling meal for wolf with a taste for human flesh.

John figured she'd looked easy. After all, she was a female walking alone at night. If that wasn't temptation for a coward like Jason Void, he didn't know what was.

She wasn't pretty, but shewasbeautiful: honeyed skin covering strong bones and accented by full lips and slightly slanted dark eyes. Her nose was a little broad; her forehead high, her face wide, her hair was dark, chin length, and her limbs long. Height wise, he placed her at about five six, but it was hard to tell given her prone position. Though he'd smelled her fear, she was no coward. He had to admire the way she'd tried to keep fighting, even though a human, even a tough one, was no match for a werewolf.

Not that she was human anymore.

Her wounds, while gruesome, were by no means fatal, and she was already healing.

John wanted to call the pack leader, but he knew exactly what Rolf would say.

"You didn't get there in time, so she'syourresponsibility. Tell her what happened; guide her through the change blah blah blah blah blah,"

It's what he said to every enforcer when this sort of thing happened.

So John found his clothes and dressing quickly, he picked up her knapsack and her, and went home.

***

Sadie woke up in a strange bed.

She knew it was strange because the mattress wasn't hard like the one in the room she rented, or small and narrow like the one at her parents' house.

This one was...

Just right.

Then she realized something else.

Naked; she was naked.

Or almost naked anyway; whoever put her in this bed had thankfully left her bra and panties on.

The room she was in was distinctly masculine. Everything was almost absurdly neat, and the comforter and curtains were a simple dark green. In front of the bed was a massive stone fireplace, and there was a box of wood beside it. There were no floral patterns anywhere, and the scent in the room was woodsy not sweet.

It was daylight, and in that instant Sadie remembered what happened.

In a panic, she looked at her arm.

There were huge bite marks, but they'd healed considerably. She tested her neck and shoulder, but where she should have felt severe pain, she felt only a dull ache.

How long had she been out?

Oh good, she's awake.

"Well of course I'm awake!" she snapped looking towards the door.

Standing in the doorway was the naked man... only he wasn't so naked, and Sadie realized that despite her confusion, she was disappointed. He wore jeans and a plaid flannel shirt, and in his hands he carried a tray. He was just as gorgeous as she remembered, and his eyes, she realized, were a sparkling turquoise with heavy dark lashes. His hair was longish, but neatly trimmed, and a dark brown, almost black.

His lips twitched as he watched her.

Wow, she is CRANKY in the morning!

"Screw you!"

His eyes widened with shock.

"I didn't say anything," he said with perfect innocence.I'd better give her this before she takes a chunk out of me.

"I'm not going to take a bite out of you," she said irritably, then she heard a telltale growl. "Though I admit, I am hungry... starving actually,"

He paused en route to bringing her the tray.

"Wait a minute! Youheardthat?"This is bad, this is very bad.

"What's bad? What are you talking about?" she demanded.

And then she realized what he was talking about, or rathernottalking about.

He hadn'tsaida word about anything being bad, but she'd heard it plain as day.

"Here! Eat!" he barked dumping the tray in her lap. "I have to make a phone call,"

And then he fled the room.

Sadie looked down at the tray. On it was a huge rib steak, cooked rare, fried potatoes, and a glass of orange juice. She loved her steak, but for breakfast? Then she heard another growl, and dug into it with enthusiasm.

Though the man was in the other room, she heard him clearly.

"I found her in the parking lot wounded, but not fatally. She managed to hold him off until off until I got there," a pause. "How did I know you were going to say that?" another pause. "Yes, I know the full moon is coming," another pause. "But there's another problem... she can read my mind. What do you mean congratulations? Oh, great! Fan-fucking-tastic," there was a note of sarcasm in his tone. "But what about Jason?" a pause "Fine!"

Whatever had gone on over the phone had left him in a pissy mood because he all but stormed into the room.

He stopped short when he saw her, his eyes narrowing on her chest.

They're bigger than I remember.

The blankets, Sadie realized, had fallen to her waist when she sat up to eat and she moved quickly to cover up.

What a spoilsport,he thought, but what he said was:

"Don't you think your modesty is a little misplaced? I mean, I've seen what you look like in your underwear, so there's no sense covering up now,"

"I bet you say to all the girls," she said, taking another bite of her steak. It was delicious. "You have some explaining to do,"

***

John took a deep breath.

Rolf told him exactly what he'd been expecting to hear. He didn't get there in time, so Sadie Nicolas, age 26—he'd gotten her name and age from her wallet— washisresponsibility. John had to tend to every need, which during the change would be enhanced tenfold.

She'd need food, sleep, and sex.

But there was an added complication.

John knew there could be only one reason Sadie was capable of reading his mind, but it took Rolf's congratulations to hammer the point home.

Lupine females could read the mind of only one other wolf.

Whether he liked it or not, the woman now sitting half naked in his bed was hismate.

John didn't like it.

He'd enjoyed his bachelorhood...

But he wasn't fool enough to let her go.

A mate only came along once in a lifetime, and when a wolf mated, it was for life.

This he managed to shield from her.

He was going to have to learn to guard his thoughts from now on.

"What do you want to know?" he said at last.

Sadie licked her lips.

They were full, sensual, the kind made for kissing.

"Stop that!" she snapped.

"What?"

"Ogling me! Stop it!" the embarrassment was all over her face.

"Sorry," he said without any remorse. "I can't help myself,"

Her skin was a perfect honey brown, and no doubt smooth to the touch.

She was clearly reading his thoughts, for she licked her lips and swallowed nervously.

"How long have I been out?" she asked.

"Only about twelve hours,"

"But last night... the wolf bit me. I had two gaping wounds, one in my arm and one in my shoulder," she touched each part as she spoke; giving him the sudden urge to nibble her there.

She sensed it immediately and pulled the blanket up higher.

"You healed," he said simply.

"That's impossible!"

"No it isn't. You were attacked last night. I got there before the wolf could kill you. I tried to catch him, but he got away. You were near fainting when I got back to you."

Sadie took another bite of her steak and licked the blood off her lips. He couldn't help but stare. The idea of having to fuck her was looking better and better.

"Wait a minute! You didn't save me last night, awolfdid!"

"That was me,"

"And what do you mean youhaveto fuck me? What the hell is going on?!"

There was no polite way to say it, so John just blurted it out.

"The wolf that attacked you is named Jason. He's a werewolf like me... like you,"

Sadie dropped the bone she been nibbling on.

"That's impossible! Werewolves don't exist!"

"Yes, they do,"

"Prove it,"

John shrugged.

She wanted proof? He'd give her proof.

He unbuttoned his shirt and tossed it on the chair by the fireplace.

She gasped, and he couldn't help feeling smug.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"Proving it to you," he said simply, unbuttoning his jeans.

He wore nothing underneath, and with his eyes on hers, he slid them down.

Her skin flushed, and her brown eyes darkened.

He used to find brown eyes boring, but looking into Sadie's, he knew he could easily get lost in them.

Her mouth dropped open, and though she wasn't fully lupine yet, the scent of her pheromones filled the air.

Whether she liked it or not, Sadie wanted him, and his cock responded with definite interest.

It took all his concentration to get back to the task at hand, and naked, he transformed.

***

Sadie didn't know whether to gasp or scream.

Where there had once been an aroused naked man, now stood a giant silver wolf.

Sadie recognized it immediately.

It was the wolf who'd saved her life the night before.

"I'm hallucinating," she said to herself.

No, you're not.

Sadie closed her eyes and pinched her ass hard.

She opened her eyes.

She was in the same bed and room.

She looked down and saw the wolf.

It stared at her inquisitively, as though awaiting her response.

"I'm not dreaming, am I?"

The wolf shook its head.

Nope.

"But if what you say is true, then am I going to turn into a wolf?"

The wolf nodded.

Yep.

For some reason he was less scary as a wolf, especially when he trotted up to the bed and nudged her hand.

Sadie figured it was invitation to scratch him, so she gently massaged his head. The wolf all but groaned in response.

"Hang on; I don't even know your name,"

At that moment, the wolf changed again, and she once again found herself facing a naked man.

"John Parris," he said, holding out his hand. "You're Sadie Nicolas."

"How do you know?"

"I checked your wallet for ID,"

He was WAY more intimidating in human form; at least six four, with broad shoulders and layered muscle, and his equipment was big enough to give most men a complex.

"Nice to meet you, John," she said politely. "Where are my clothes?"

Do I tell her?He wondered.

"Yes you tell me, and while you're at it, can you please put your clothes on?"

"Why?" he said, the picture of innocence.

She's nervous as a skittish horse... or a bitch in heat.

Sadie resisted the urge to slap him.

"I'd be more comfortable if you did, ok?"

"Alright, but if you change your mind..." he said, pulling his jeans on.

"I won't. Where are my clothes?"

"Ruined, though I managed to save your jeans and shoes,"

"But you hung on to the ruined stuff so you wouldn't lose the scent of my attacker," she said, easily reading his thoughts. "Why am I here?"

John shrugged.

"You were wounded, and given the nature of your wounds I couldn't take you to a hospital. I brought you home, cleaned you up, and put you to bed until I figured out what to do with you,"

"Is thatallyou did?"

She felt his irritation now.

"Read my mind, Sadie. You know well enough that I'm not the type to take advantage of a helpless female,"

He was right, and it annoyed and comforted her all at once.

"Speaking of which, whycanI read your mind?"

Now he looked a little embarrassed.

She actively tried to read him but he was shielding his thoughts.

"Lycanthrope females can read the minds of certain males," he said. "In this case, I happen to be the male."

"How do you know I won't be able to read other males?"

"You won't," he said stubbornly. "And if you could, I'd have to kill them," the statement shocked him as much as her.

He barely knew her, and he was already possessive.

Then he realized she was still talking.

"What did you mean a minute ago, abouthavingto fuck me?"

Now they were getting to the good part.

John let himself take long lazy perusal of her body.

Though her legs were covered by blankets, he knew that they were long and lithe, with just the right amount of muscle definition, and she had a sexy tattoo of a phoenix at the curve of her hip. Her belly was flat but not lean. Her breasts were the perfect size, enough to fill his hand, and her ass was nice and round.

"As you undergo the change, your basic appetites will be enhanced ten times the norm. You'll need food and sex, and I'm responsible for providing you with both,"

Sadie choked on her orange juice.

John smiled.

"How charitable of you, but I think I'll be alright. If you don't mind, I'll use your shower and leave," she pushed the tray and blankets aside, giving him a view of those glorious legs and sexy tattoo and got to her feet.

John stepped in her way, and they bumped into one another.

"You're not going anywhere," he said stubbornly.

She tilted her head back and glared.

"I have obligations," she said.

"No, you don't. I had a look at your agenda. You're done with classes for the week."

"It doesn't mean I don't have obligations, so I'm leaving," she tried to move around him, but once again, John stepped in her way.

"No you're not. Like it or not, you need me, Sadie."

Her eyes flashed with temper and defiance, and she lifted her chin.

"The hell I do! You can't make me stay," she said.

Even as she spoke the first wave of arousal hit her.

John saw it immediately in the quickening of her breathing, and heard it in the jump in her pulse. Her pheromones filled the air, and John breathed deeply, the scent more potent than any drug.

"Yes I can," he replied. "I have a responsibility to the Pack, and right now you're part of that responsibility,"

She was fighting it with all her might. Every muscle was tensed, and her breaths came through clenched teeth. If the throbbing of his cock was any indication, she must be in excruciating pain.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm the Chief Enforcer. It's my responsibility to take care of threats to the pack. Right now you're just as dangerous as Jason because you have no control of your baser needs."

The snarl was out before she could control it.

"All I need is a cold shower," she said through clenched teeth. John knew her control hung on by a thread, and he was in awe of her restraint.

Most females would be all over him by now, but he was beginning to realize Sadie wasn't most females.

"It won't help, and because of that you could blow our cover. I can't let that happen. Your primal urges will level off when you change for the first time, but until then, I'll take care of you," her pheromones were making him lightheaded.

Give me permission,he thought.Let me have you.

"So you'll fuck me for the good of the pack. That's a real comfort!" she tried to storm past him, but he caught her arm. "Get the hell away from me!"

She tried to jerk away, but he held firm, his turquoise eyes sparkling with temper and something else. He was hard; his cock straining against his zipper.

"Let me go!"

John's jaw locked, and he spoke very softly now. She heard the danger in his voice, and it aroused her further. He could smell it.

Boadicea
Boadicea
387 Followers