Howling Roar

Story Info
A Wolf-Kin and Leopard-Kin called together by fate...
3.1k words
4.61
35.3k
15

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/14/2022
Created 02/05/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There is no sex in this story, it is an idea I had that I felt I had to write up and decided to post it to get some reviews of my writing style. If you like furry style characters you will enjoy this romantic adventure. ^.^

Chapter 1: Resonance of Fate

Smoke flittered across his vision and the distant sounds of small skirmishes echoed in his sensitive Wolf kin ears as Lucian surveyed the devastated battlefield. His wolf like head swiveled back and forth, the nose at the end of his long muzzle sniffing the air lightly trying to sort out the scents around him for any danger. Keen deeply golden eyes with wolf style iris scanned as far as they could through the smoke of battle, seeking any movement around him that might reveal an enemy. Glancing down, Lucian eyed the many dozens of armored bandits who he had slain just minutes before and then to his own body to check for wounds.

Standing seven feet tall easily, Lucian was an imposing figure of a Wolf kin, dark blue grey armor covered most of his body, with a long mane of his naturally deeper steel grey hair sticking out from around the collar area. Tail wavering slowly behind him, his clawed furry hands slowly tugged and stroked each part of his armor and he noted a few more dents and scratches in it from the battle but nothing had pierced it. He wore no helmet like some Kin do, the weight and the feeling of it upon his head just felt unnatural to him so his hands moved up to check for any wounds there. Lifting his head up he stroked through his furred neck, face, and muzzle, the soft white fluffy patch of fur running up along neck and under his chin clean of his blood but some remnants of others blood spotted it.

Suddenly his wolf style ears rotated sharply towards the sound of approaching footsteps, he could barely make them out soft as they were, but there was someone there in the fog to his left. Turning sharply and training his vision towards the sound of the movement, Lucian sniffed the air trying to see if it was friend or foe while his hand reached over his shoulder to grasp the handle of his massive Great sword. He was ready to face down whoever it was that might emerge from the willowy smoke, but when a figure did emerge from it he found himself stunned by what his eyes laid upon.

The smell was unmistakable even though her shimmering emerald green eyes could not yet see it clearly through the fog, Sapphira knew that up ahead a battle had taken place and someone still lingered there. Her Leopard kin ears wavered back and forth seeking a sound to pick up on while the nose of her short catlike muzzle sniffed lightly finally locking onto the scent causing her ears to fold back in caution realizing it was a wolf kin scent. Even though she was running at an incredible speed the young leopard kin easily leaped over and around the many bodies of fallen bandits, her tail flicking wildly side to side to help keep her balance.

Sapphira's golden yellow colored fur was spotted with characteristic black rosettes and even in the low light of the smoke filled field it shimmered slightly with each movement of her toned legs. Her long flowing hair matched the color of her fur almost exactly just a shade deeper and it wavered through the air tied into a long ponytail that made it more manageable for battles. She wore only a light set of cuirass armor polished in a golden hue and trimmed with silver just the way Sapphira preferred for she liked the mobility the lighter weight armor gave her.

Easily standing six feet, Sapphira was the very image of the perfect leopard kin, lean and well muscled in all the right places and her clawed hands gripped one elegant long sword, claws digging into the handle in anticipation of the coming clash. On her head she wore a gold weaved pattern tiara, at the center of its intricate design laid a bright blue gem worth more than anything in the world to Sapphira, thinking of it brought a smile to her face.

Her catlike eyes narrowed piercing through some of the thin haze of smoke and making out a large imposing figure straight ahead and her sword whipped up into position for a quick first slash. Just another loathsome bandit, that is what Sapphira thought as she closed with her whole being at the ready to attack and defeat anyone that would stand before her. But when she finally dashed close enough to really get a good look at the immensely tall wolf kin, something gave pause enough that Sapphira stopped almost immediately and even her fighting stance loosened some.

Beautiful... The thought was the first thing that crossed Lucian's mind as his vision checked every aspect of Sapphira's figure which stood mere meters away from him. There was a twinge somewhere in his chest as his nose caught a deeper more clear reading of her scent, struggling to place the familiarity of it to his memory. He had seen so many other females from other kin's, yet this one seemed leagues different from any other he had encountered, something about her making the feeling in his chest grow every moment. His arm which had been readying his weapon began to slacken as his gaze focused further on this strangely enticing opponent, Lucian becoming lost in the feelings she stirred within him. As his golden eyes roamed her body they finally came to rest upon the reflective deep pools of radiant green in the leopard kin's eyes and Lucian felt so drawn to them the grip on his swords handle almost failed. She is not of my Kin and yet her beauty....

"Fool! You dare stand before me in such a manner when we are in battle!?" Sapphira saw the opening, how Lucian's guard had lowered greatly when their eyes met, his hand limply lose from his weapon. Strong muscled legs easily propelled her forward at great speed, hands tightening once again upon her sword as she prepared to slash through the armored wolf ahead. At the speed she was closing and the way he still had not brought his guard back up fully, Sapphira thought the fight would be over with one swing of her sword. But with each step closer she took, the feeling she first had deep in her chest began to throb more, increasing as Sapphira's nose took in more of his scent. Most wolf kin she had fought against had been larger and wearing more bulky armor, yet this one was almost lean in body shape. But it was his face and eyes that threw Sapphira off enough that she stumbled on something, breaking her stride enough that Lucian had time to get his guard back up further. What is happening...? How is it that just by looking upon this wolf kin I find myself almost captivated...

"Hey.... Hey! Slow down there, I am not here to fight against you!" There was a loud clash that echoed across the area as metal slammed into metal, Lucian squinted his eyes as sparks exploded from the impact of his blade against Sapphira's. He found himself amazed as his arms struggled with the blow of her long sword as it was easily more powerful than he imagined it would be. Even more amazing was the look in her feline eyes, deeply drawing his own gaze into those endless fields of flowing green and Lucian found he could not break away from it.

"Nothing but lies, you are not of my Kin so that means you are part of this bandit army!" Gritting her teeth a slight grin crossed Sapphira's lips as she enjoyed the challenge, growing excited as she felt her sword being pushed back by Lucian. The feeling was strange yet exhilarating at the same time and Sapphira struggled to push Lucian back with her own blade only to feel the sensation increase deep in her chest. Still she would not let those feelings deter her from winning this fight, her feet planting hard against the ground Sapphira pressed hard against Lucian until he gave enough for her next move. Sliding her sword up along his she felt his own blade heavily lean to the side giving her the space she needed to parry it away from her own. "Is that all you can do with your sword because I am not impressed!"

She's good! Its thrilling being in battle with her, seeing the way she moves... Growling Lucian put more strength into his arms hefting the heavier blade of his weapon upwards with great speed, barely managing to block the swift attack from Sapphira's lighter sword. The reverse slash from her sword being parried did not catch Lucian off guard and his grin only grew broader as their swords crossed again, his blood pumping furiously from the excitement. She amazed him with her skill with a sword as much as her beauty did and Lucian found himself almost admiring her looks while dodging her deadly skilled blows. Deep pools of vibrant emerald stared at him past the crossed blades of their swords, drawing Lucian into their depths for he saw a spark of enjoyment within them and not the fury of an enemy.

"Well since you won't listen to me, let me show you what I can really do with my sword and knock some sense into you!" The next clash and parry sent both of them hurtling back at incredible speed, still facing one another as they slid along the ground until they stopped themselves by planting their feet firmly against the ground. Lucian stared past the edge of his blade as he held its length straight forward towards the shapely figure of the woman before him and tried his best to keep his focus away from her haunting beauty. Holding her sword at mid level and back slightly, Sapphira found herself short of breath as she struggled to stay alert against the ruggedly handsome figure before her. Their eyes locked upon each others, searching the reflective shimmering depths and seeing that they both were feeling the same for each and they grinned slightly.

"You are much more skilled than some mere bandit, but I still am weary of you for there is something about you that is disturbing. Are you some kind of rouge warrior or maybe a wandering sword who does nothing but slay others for the pleasure of seeing blood?" Even as she spoke, Sapphira felt a bitter taste in her mouth, as if her own mouth rejected saying such words of insult to him. Her leopard ears folded back half way in annoyance at her own indecisive feelings as her deeply green eyes narrowed. "Why would a wolf Kin warrior of his caliber be here fighting in such a petty battle within Leopard Kin territory? None of this makes sense at all, but I intend on getting answers from him no matter what it takes."

"I find it amazing that even after crossing swords with me, you would think I am some brute who only fights to kill. Did you not listen to the resonance between us, the feelings and emotions that vibrate within the very air when our swords met? You just need to listen to them..." Lucian's words were true; he could see the conflict of emotions in her eyes and the way her long sinewy tail wavered slightly. Yet he was not being true to his own heart, his past was slowly surfacing again causing an ache in his heart. A low growl escaped his muzzle as he stood there shaggy grey tail wavering slowly and long pointed wolf ears folded back in aggravation. "I should not be here in this land.... I dishonor the dead by stepping foot here, but she draws me closer with the resonance I sense between us."

"Yes... I sensed it, heard it with every blow, the echo was a melody unlike the discord from those bandits I had fought with before. But we are not done yet, you have crossed swords with me and we must finish our duel now and when I have bested you I will have all of my questions answered!" Sapphira's sword snapped back up suddenly in salute to Lucian then she dropped into a slightly crouching stance, ready to continue their fight.

"Ha-ha you are truly one stubborn woman, I like that about you! Very well then if that is the way you want it, we shall fight and when I have won I will leave you and your questions far behind me!" Taking up his great sword again, Lucian slammed it into the ground pointed tip first then bowed his head slightly. The next moment he pulled it up holding it tightly with both hands, standing at the ready for the next clash, a wild almost feral grin on his face. Once again they dashed forward with powerful strides, this time putting their full strength into their movements determined to discover the truth of their feelings with the next strike.

A powerful blue aura gathered around the massive blade of Lucian's great sword, archaic runes of magic lighting up along the flat side of it as his aura flowed into it readying the special ability contained within it. There was a tremble of power flowing through the very air around the sword, a sharp biting cold as chilling as frozen ice grew stronger every moment. Sapphira looked in surprise for only a moment, amazed that he also had the skill to call upon a magical aura that only the most skilled warriors could posses.

Not willing to be beaten so easily, Sapphira ran her hand along the length of her blade a warm reddish aura illuminating the entire length of it as red runes appeared along it. The energy burst forth from the blade smoldering in the very air around her as it radiated a flaming heat around the weapon gathering strength with every step she took. Lucian was surprised as well, not having sensed from their earlier clashes that the beautiful woman could command such a skill and it only excited him further.

The air around the area crackled with the clash of the two powerful auras as Sapphira and Lucian drew closer with each step they took towards one another determined to finish the fight. Swords drawn back swirling with cascading powerful auras around them, the two warriors met once again with swords slamming into each other and the power exploded outward. The resulting impact of forceful energies created a massive vortex engulfing the still lingering mist and smoke around them, then pushing it away rapidly even smashing a hole in the clouds hovering way above, bringing light back to the world.

Lucian and Sapphira stood with their swords still crossed, so close their bodies were almost pressed together as they struggled to still overpower one another having seen their special powers break even. But this time their attention was drawn slightly away from each other as their eyes took notice of the new figures surrounding them and the strange new scents now coming through the cleared air. Twelve figures dressed in all black clothing stood holding wicked curved sharp knives that were the same kind used by assassins, perfect for quick stabs and slashes. Even their faces and tails were covered in black making it impossible to tell what kin they were and they covered their scents with something strange so scent identity was not possible. Lucian turned his attention back to Sapphira a minute later and they stared at each other with their swords still locked together wondering who the new figures were allied with.

The new foes surrounding him shuffled around just slightly and Lucian could not tell whether he was the target or the girl before him. Lucian wiggled his ears slightly in intricate movements gesturing words with ear speak towards Sapphira hoping she would understand. "Are they with you?"

Almost caught by surprise, Sapphira was slow to respond at first but she easily caught the meaning of the movement of the wolf like ears upon Lucians head. Few Kin she had ever met knew how to speak with their ears and fewer still knew the ear speak of leopard Kin yet he spoke it almost with ease. She answered with her own slight movements of her golden furred ears, not as clear as Lucians but easy enough for him to read with his keen eyes. "They are not of my Kin."

"Back to back then!" Just as soon as Lucian finished saying so in ear speak he surprised Sapphira by easing off on his sword until she did the same then twirling in place leaving her facing his back. From the way they stood and held the blades in their hands Lucian could tell the black cloaked foes were trained experts in killing which left him no choice but to trust the woman at his back. It was strange to him, never before had he ever trusted someone at his back he had just been fighting moments before. Yet something about her told his instincts she would not betray him and that he could be confident that she would do her best to cover him. In his heart he felt a strange determination that he would not let anyone harm the leopard Kin now pressed against his back.

Sapphira stared at the broad armored back before her, a long dark grey mane of hair wavering in the slight wind and tail fluffed out a classic sign of agitation for Kin. She was still surprised that the tall strong Wolf Kin before her was able to trust her with his back and the next moment Sapphira turned around wiping her sword back up into a defensive posture. This battle had been anything but normal and now Sapphira felt it was becoming something more just from having met the wolf at her back. She felt a calmness fall over her the moment she turned around as if Sapphira was relieved the wolf was there, even facing so many unknown threats she knew he would watch over her. For a moment their wavering tails crossed each other and the feeling of warm soft thick fur against her own made Sapphira shiver a little in pleasure. "What is it about him...? I just enjoy this feeling of being close to him; it makes me want to know more about him..."

"Here they come!" Lucian's voice was low but harsh as two of the strange assailants dashed forward, one coming at Lucian the other coming at Sapphira daggers held ready to strike.