Howling Roar: Fated Love Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Langston drags Lucian over to the body of Lumia and as they got closer Langston could see the dread within Lucian's eyes as the truth of all that had happened began to set in. Each step closer caused Lucian's heart to sink further into despair as he saw the shadow of death upon Lumia's face and it dragged up memories from within the depths of his mind and soul. He could see them all, every moment he had spent at her side since his assignment had begun and everything they had shared with one another. Then he remembered her fateful words earlier that day, the order for his group to stay behind and not aid her in battle until called upon, the orders he had followed that led to this.

"Lumia... She is dead and it is my fault... Langston I cannot be forgiven for what I have done here. I followed orders that she gave me even though I knew in my heart this tragedy might happen, so I am guilty." Langston slowly released his grip upon Lucian as he listened to those words, feeling that his friend was back to thinking straight, but his words and the sadness in his voice betrayed Lucian's heartache. Lucian kneeled down next to Lumia's body, his movements unsteady upon his still badly injured leg and he growled with frustration for a moment then slowly brushed his fingers across Lumia's face closing her slightly open eyes. "I swear Lumia, I won't forget this day, this moment, and I will get revenge for you and those of your kin who fell this day..."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"After that I am sure you know the rest... I was taken into custody against Langston's protests and held to blame for the failure of the entire operation. I was eventually found guilty by my Kin and sent into exile instead of executed because of some complicated circumstances. I spent some years roaming, training myself and trying to track down Alial Sazh in order to get revenge on him for killing Lumia. I was recently following a lead on the location of Alial's secret hideout when I ran into you during that fight with some of his bandits. I was hoping the bastard would have been there..."

Lucian's ears folded back against his head and he growled deeply, his fangs slightly bared at the thought of that bastard Alial still out there free to kill. But then he felt the reassuring squeeze of Sapphira's warm hand wrapped around his and he gave her a small smile. "Lucian, I went there to find those bandits and bring them to justice, but after hearing what you have said I feel like I have to find who betrayed my sister and you. I think I now have an idea who it might be, but I will need to know more from you about what occurred to you and my sister."

Seeing Lucian's hand still shaking a little from the swirling emotions within him, Sapphira softly stroked his hand and then smiled softly at him. "Before we get to all of that seriousness though, I want you to tell me about the first time you met my sister." Lucian was caught off guard by her request and it drew him away from his dark memories and he grinned at Sapphira slightly before leaning his head back. "Well that is one question I have never been asked before..."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"My lady, Lumia Alusia, I am Sir Lucian Greyfold, Commander of the 42nd Assault Knights and I have come to aid you in the destruction of the bandit groups ravaging the local lands." Lucian stood at attention within the large council hall, the silvery stoned walls lined with banners from the Leopard-kin royal family, but he kept his eyes facing forward. Walking down the hall towards him was one of the most gorgeous figures he had ever seen, her feline face flat and emotionless yet those fierce predatory eyes gleamed brightly holding his attention. His stance stiffened as she drew close to him, not bothering to acknowledge his greeting. Lumia's eyes explored his figure as she walked slowly around Lucian until she stopped right before him again.

"Are all wolves as stuffy and boring as you are?" Lumia's voice was cool as ice and dripping with sarcastic boredom as she sighed, turning to walk back to her royal seat and Lucian stood there shocked for a moment by her statement. Suddenly Lumia turned back looking at him, an annoyed look now coming over her features as she cleared her throat loudly and spoke once again filling the hall with her voice. "Are you coming or are you going to stand there looking like gawking statue?"

"Uhhhh... Yes milady I am coming!" Lucian had to suppress a growl as he started walking forward, his strides heavier than they should be as he seethed a little. His pride had just taken a beating and he could only imagine what the rows of Leopard-kin guards were thinking of him now as he walked forward trying to control his anger. This was his first true solo mission and an important one, so Lucian knew he could not afford to let his youthful pride get in the way and he looked up once again at Lumia.

"My you are an interesting wolf indeed, not many of you are so obedient." Lumia grinned at the reaction she got from Lucian, his fists balled slightly as he struggled to maintain his cool front, but she was not interested in seeing that. "Guards, you may leave us, we have much to discuss in private."

Lumia watched as the guards slowly shuffled out of the room and Lucian could only wonder what tortures she might make him endure when not being watched by more of her kin. Once the last guard left the room, Lumia's face broke out with a smile and she suddenly leaned back in her royal throne, yawning while stretching. "Oh thank the goddess they are gone! I hate having to be so pompous and uptight and I hope you feel the same way Lucian. All this royal pride, dressing up, having to act all snobbish and superior gets so damn annoying after a while, wouldn't you agree?"

"Uh yeah I guess, I mean ummm... Yes my lady, it is very annoying at times!" Lucian was unsure if this was a test, or if she was just messing around with him, but he kneeled anyway just to be sure and the moment he did he heard her sighing with displeasure. The next moment footsteps were approaching him, her footsteps and Lucian braced himself for a reprimand thinking he had failed to please her somehow with his actions.

As she stood over his kneeling body and lowered head, Lucian almost jumped when he felt her hand softly brush through the soft flowing mane along the back of his head then it suddenly ruffles through it as she laughs. "You are acting far too uptight, Sir Lucian Greyfold. You need to relax a little, such tension and stuffiness will not help you upon the battlefield, nor will it help you win my heart..."

"Win your heart!?" Lucian looked up with a shocked expression on his face and an embarrassing look upon his features, but all that gave way to a sour look when Lumia burst out laughing at him. She was messing with him and Lucian could not help but smile back at Lumia, this woman was truly a wonder to behold and a mystery all in one.

"That is much better, I prefer that smile upon your face to that stern look you had moments ago. When we are alone like this you may relax yourself and be free to express yourself, just do not take your expressions too far my dear wolf-kin knight." Lumia smiled bowing slightly to Lucian, her eyes so alive with life and passion that Lucian could not help but smile at her.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"And that is how my first meeting with your sister Lumia went," Lucian leaned back against the wall of his dungeon cell and then looked over at Sapphira who was turned away from him shaking slightly. Lucian worried he might have upset her casually reached out to check on Sapphira but she turned from his touch moving away slightly. "Uh, Sapphira, are you ok?"

She turned around and bursted out laughing unable to hold it back any longer. She was almost doubled over as she held her sides and Lucian grinned at her. Her laugh echoed in the dungeon slightly but the sound was like a lovely melody to Lucian and soon he joined her laughter with his own deep chuckling. "That is just like my sister, she sent many a suitor away after their first meeting simply because she did not like their smile or they refused to stop being such royal asses when they were alone together."

"Yes I can see her doing that very easily," Lucian said as he reached out taking Sapphira's hand once again, and the pair smiled lovingly at one another along with a glint of something else within their eyes. "Sapphira, you and I will get revenge for your sister together, we can do it if we work together, but we have to figure out who the traitors are in order to do it fully along with killing Alial Sazh."

"Yes we do and I have an idea who those traitors might be now because after hearing your tell the tale and taking into account what I know through official documents it makes sense who it might be." Sapphira's face betrayed a sense of deep thinking and seriousness as she squeezed Lucian's hand softly loving the warmth from it and she flashes him a fang filled grin when an idea comes to her mind. "I have sort of a plan and I want you to help me with detailing it, but I am sure it will work great!"

To be continued...

12