Huddled Together Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

John kept as quiet as he could when he came; his cum roaring into Merry's waiting ass. She had regained enough focus that her release was triggered when she felt John cumming inside her and she squeezed his cock with her anal muscles; milking all that she could get out of him.

-----

Light peeked through the cracks in the tiles above John's head. Walker wise it had been an uneventful night; sex wise it had been a fun night indeed. John sat up and looked over at the others. There was just enough light coming into the ceiling that he could make out Merry snuggled up against Tom, Tom's arm around her.

John shook them awake, "Come on guys, we're burning daylight."

After the men double-checked that the house was still empty, they helped Merry down out of the roof, and then they collected their belongings and headed outside. It would be another cloudless day; it seemed this summer would never end. They paused on the veranda to scout their surroundings. When nothing moved but the leaves on the top of the trees, they headed off.

As they reached the top of the hill, Merry gave one last look back to her home, shed a silent tear, and then continued along in line.

-----

A hot day of walking followed. With their backpacks full of cans and dried goods from Merry's it was a harder walk than the day before. They passed the crashed car with the dead Walker; refreshed in the stream again; and headed off the main road down Tom's driveway. They would pick up as many supplies for the veggie gardens as they could carry and take them home.

They reached the start of Tom's yard and did their usual scouting of the buildings. No movement in the house, no movement in the sheds, all good. They headed into the shed first and started collecting into piles the wire, tomato stakes, and all the goods they needed to expand their gardens.

They had been there for a couple of hours. John was up in the storage bay in the roof of the shed collecting spare wood when Tom called out that he was heading into the house to grab some old sheets; they needed them to assemble crude sun shades that the leafy greens needed to survive the harsh summer sun.

"You right mate?" John called out, a bit concerned that he was heading off on his own.

"Yeah, no worries, all clear down here still." He called back, and headed off out of sight.

"Merry?" John called out.

She came into view down below, "I'm here John."

"Stay in my line of sight while Tom's away please." He called down, and went back to work selecting timber.

After several minutes of work John heard a scream, Merry's scream. He pulled himself quickly out of the pile of wood that he was currently in, and looked down to the ground below. He could see Merry running into the shed doorway towards the ladder that led up to where John was, but straight away he knew she wouldn't make it up the ladder out of reach of the Walkers.

"Merry! Quickly!" John called out as he reached the top of the ladder.

Three Walkers had snuck up on them; they were in the shed with them now and he could see them chasing her. Fear filled her eyes as she looked up at John and screamed his name. She reached the bottom of the ladder and started to climb.

He made a quick call, he couldn't grab his rifle in time to shoot all three of the Walkers, and if he jumped down from this height he'd break his legs and be no use as well. He lay down and stretched his arm down as far as it would reach. Merry had only made it two rungs up the ladder as the first Walker reached her.

John couldn't believe it, what happened next was horrible. Within a second, the other two Walkers had reached her as well; she was still a foot out of John's reach. They pulled her back down and she landed heavily on the floor. She looked straight up into John's eyes with complete terror as the three Walkers started eating her alive. Her scream was the most terrible thing John had ever heard.

"NOOOOO!!!" John cried out. He could see that Merry had gone into shock. Her eyes were glazing over into the abyss, as her attackers pulled her body apart.

Tears started forming in his eyes but his mind snapped him back into survival mode. Merry was beyond his help now, and the Walkers hadn't seemed to notice his presence. Where was Tom? He picked himself up off the rafter floor and raced around to a window facing the house; at least two dozen Walkers were all around the house. Just then he saw Tom come running out of the door of the house, machete in hand. The look of terror in his eyes showed that his fast escape was caused by being chased; John could only presume it was by more Walkers in the house.

"Tom, look out!" John yelled out as loud as he could, but it was too late.

Tom ran straight out the doorway and literally ran into another Walker, bouncing Tom to the ground. The Walker didn't fall as he was a very overweight man, but rather turned and screamed at Tom as he descended in attack.

The Walkers that were chasing Tom out of the house came out the door only a couple of seconds after Tom had. He was surrounded. He was doomed. Tom held his machete out in front of him to try and slow the closest Walker down, but only managed to impale it up to the hilt in the Walkers chest. John watched as his best friend was pulled apart by the Walkers. Tom screamed out with pure pain as he was murdered before John's eyes.

John couldn't hold back his tears anymore, and fell down to the floor sobbing. He wept like that for a long time, overcome with anger, grief and fear, only his survival instinct keeping his agony and rage as silent as possible. How would he escape now? He was completely trapped up in the rafters; surrounded by too many Walkers to count. It took an age before he came to his senses.

He carefully crawled over on his stomach so that he could see where Merry's body was. The three Walkers were still there, digging into Merry. He decided to stay low, to hide amongst the timber and hope that the Walkers didn't know how to climb, or that they wouldn't think to come up there to check.

It was the worst experience John had ever been through. Seeing Merry pulled to pieces, then his best friend meeting the same fate shortly after, and now cowering in a corner to the sound of humans eating other humans.

-----

The Walkers wandered around the property all day and through the following night as well. John didn't sleep at all the entire night; just lay huddled amongst the wood with his machete at the ready. Only the next morning did they start to head off, seeming to move as a pack almost. John guessed by the position of the sun that it was 10 or 11 o'clock before he spotted what he hoped was the last Walker leaving. He was starving; his backpack was down with the rest of the supplies they had been accumulating, and he dared not head down to grab it.

With the last Walker out of sight for a good hour, John built up his courage and started down the ladder. Merry's body was at the bottom. He had to jump off the last step to avoid landing on her. As he landed, he saw Merry's head turn towards him. She had turned into a Walker but her body was so badly mutilated that she could only move her head slightly. John looked down at her, choked back his tears, and ended her existence.

He scouted around as best he could before heading to the backpacks and greedily digging into some much needed sustenance. He put as many supplies into his one backpack as would fit from the others, then headed cautiously up to the house to check on Tom.

Tom's body was there too, but in worse shape than Merry's had been. John walked over to him. As he came into view, he could see Tom's eyes follow him. He had turned also; he had to finish his friend's pain.

"Sorry mate." He said. He raised his axe and brought him to rest then dropped to his knees and started to cry. He looked up into the sky, wanting rescue from this hell that was now on Earth.

As his tears began to subside, he heard the unmistakable 'snap' of a twig behind him.

12