Hunted Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hop to my feet, flexing my muscles: I can't believe how incredible I feel! I feel much stronger than I have ever before in my life! Darrien climbs to his feet slowly, groaning: He looks weak. He stumbles, nearly falling over, and I catch him, "Darrien!"

"I will be okay," he straightens himself out, pushing me away meekly. "You must go, catch up to Monica, I will deal with Belle."

It, of course, occurs to me that I could easily slay Darrien right now, I may never have a better chance. With most of his blood flowing through my veins, I am stronger than ever before, and he is at the weakest I will ever see him.

I discard the thought quickly though: I can't kill him now. It would be dishonorable in his weakened state. Plus, he just saved my life, slaying him would be a poor way of thanking him.

He is right, I have to catch up to Monica: If the vampires reach the church they will catch the other hunters completely by surprise. It will be a massacre! Interestingly enough, I instantly realize that I can smell her. My mind focuses on one particular unique scent, one that is I can just FEEL is Monica's: It smells a little like daisies... I can track her by simply following the scent.

I grin, vampiric powers are more amazing than I had imagined. I almost feel a pain of regret that they are temporary. But the permanent kind come at a high cost, one I am not willing to pay.

I nod to Darrien, and begin to make my way for the door. I pause and glance back to him briefly. I am not sure why: Am I....worried about him? I shake off the feeling, he'll be fine, he's a nosferatu. Besides, his death is what I want.......right?

He calls out one last thing to me, "Please, forgive me for William and Monica." He gazes down upon William's corpse, "Belle turned them to help overthrow me. I am not saying it is not my fault, but only that I am truly sorry."

I start into a dash, running down the halls of Darrien's coven, following Monica's scent. I quickly find that I am faster than I was before as well, but I expected that. I have to catch up to Monica.... But wait, I catch another scent, and I'm fairly sure I recognize this one as well: It's Belle. Anger wells up in my stomach, I remember her gloating at me with William and Monica. I know I should blame only Darrien for their horrid transformation into the monsters they've become, but Belle was the one that turned them after all.

I leave Monica's trail briefly chasing after Belle now, her scent is strong and I know she is close. This won't take long...

I find her just ahead, surrounded by a group of vampires loyal to her. They are just dispatching the last of Darrien's loyalists, and I am even fairly sure that this is the last group of vampires in the whole coven. I grin, I don't think I can be any luckier.

"Well, well, well," Belle returns my cocky grin, "if it isn't the bitch. Get her!"

The vampires, following her orders lunge at me, but I quickly dispatch them. I may not have my sword anymore, but I am very good at martial arts. Besides, I am much faster and stronger than anyone of them now. I use only my hands to tear them to shreds.

Belle frowns at me, "So Darrien fed you his blood: Good, that will make him weak and easy."

"You won't touch him," I grin to myself, I know just what to say to really agitate her, "Darrien is MINE." A part of me wonders if I truly mean that, but I shove my concern aside: I am just trying to get under her skin. And it works! She hisses at me, going into a fury she lunges at me.

She didn't stand a chance against me calm, and she stands far less of a chance angry. I easily wrench her sword from her and stab it through her heart. It happens too fast for her to follow, and she looks shocked as she realizes that the blade has pierced her heart.

I push her off the blade, and she falls to the ground: dead for good this time.

I sigh, and then sniff the air. I want to be sure that this truly was the last of the vampires in the coven. I can't be completely, I am still pretty new to these temporary powers, but I do know at least that any vampires that do remain are too weak to be much of a threat to Darrien.

My job done here, I double back to Monica's trail and dart off, following it furiously. I can only pray that I will catch her in time...