Hunters Advent Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"After the invitation you asked Rosie to forward, I couldn't say no now could I?"

He replied without even trying to hide the utter disdain in his voice, which only seemed to make Renate's grin get even bigger. Good God he wanted to punch him so bad.

"Hehehe, I knew that would get your attention. But where are my manners? Please have a seat Vinnie boy." Renate said from his seat behind the desk that had obviously cost a small fortune.

As he took a seat in what he hated to admit was probably the most comfortable chair he had ever sat on, he took a quick note of the office around him. It was clearly something that a nightclub owner would want, from decorations to colouring and even a huge aquarium built into the wall... that was empty.

Renate noticed this and just waved his hand at it while saying; "Of that, I still haven't decided what kind of fish to get, I was thinking some goldfish... or maybe a shark or two, I don't know."

It did take him a minute, but upon closer inspection it wasn't just an aquarium. It was big enough to hold a shark or two.

Vincent had a brief fantasy about holding Renate upside down from his feet and dipping him into the aquarium.

With sharks.

And Renate bleeding.

Joy.

"Anyways, Vinnie boy, you probably want to know why I requested your presence here today?"

'Reality sucks.' He thought before saying; "Aside from pissing me off?"

"Aside from that-

'Don't lose it, don't lose it, don't lose it...' He kept chanting in his head, the prick didn't even try to deny it.

"-There is something very urgent I have to ask from you." The tone in his voice was different by the time he had finished.

To Vincent, this was always unnerving. "What is it?"

There was a moment of silence before Renate finally said; "... Are you and Rosie shagging?"

If looks could kill, then the one Vincent was making right now would be enough to kill the population of a small town. There was also a loud cracking sound, both from within his mind and from the arm rests on the chair which were currently in the process of becoming splinters from the sheer force he was gripping them with.

Renate was actually rather impressed of his self-control, but then he decided to say one last thing; "Of course you aren't, 'cause its my cute little ass you want, right honey?"

Within the split of a second, Vincent had leaped out of the chair and smashed his fist into Renates face before proceeding to use it as a punching bag.

The feel and sound of skin being smashed, bones creaking and blood splattering was nothing short of orgasmic to him.

After good 10 minutes of this Vincent grabbed him by the collar, bent him over the table, pulled down his pants, transformed his wristwatch to his sword, aimed its tip carefully with his asshole and proceeded to slam it with all his-

'I wish, I really do so wish I could do that...'

Were Vincents thoughts as that violent fantasy came to an end and reality came back. He was still sitting on the chair, although the arm rests had had better days.

"Your ass is lovely, but I've had better."

He said, feeling a bit calmer and not letting Renate get to him like he did last time.

But just in case, he replayed that fantasy again... and again.

At this, Renates chuckled as his grin died down and his voice started sounding normal: "So close... as usual, I'm rather impressed and amused of your self-control. So I will have to try harder next time."

He stood up from his seat, reached into his pocket to pull out a cigarette and lighting it up, before reaching over the table to offer Vincent one but he respectfully declined. As he smoked it, he started talking; "Vinnie, have you noticed anything strange in your recent hunts?"

He tensed for a second, was this indeed about Garth? It just couldn't be. He wondered if he should lie, but decided against it.

"Yes, my recent hunt, other than the boring way it ended left me feeling that something hadn't been right."

"Who did you hunt?" Was the next question, leaving him slightly confused and suspicious.

"A Fallen named Garth, a revenge contract verified and submitted from my mediator Rosie Matherson." He replied, keeping his tone calm. Where was this going? Renate was a pain in the ass but a smart pain in the ass, so he knew none of this was random or pointless.

"Ah yes... but, shouldn't she be using her old last name soon? What was it again?"

"Barton."

"That's it. Shame, Matherson suited her better. Anyways, what would you describe as 'strange' about your hunt?"

This was it. He knew it was and depending on his answer he might finally get to the bottom of where this was going.

"For someone to have eluded the guild for so long he wasn't that skilled, then again maybe someone screwed up in one way or another but the whole hunt left me with a feeling that there is a piece, that even though its there it still shouldn't be there."

Renate raised an eyebrow before saying; "Go on."

Vincent thought for a second, then responded; "... That I killed him."

"... You do realise that makes very little sense, even to me." Renate replied finally.

He just scratched his head and let out a frustrated sigh; "You think I don't know that? Then again I probably just want a decent hunt for once, like old times."

"Yeah, maybe. Anyways, that is all, Vinnie." Was his sudden reply as he stuffed the cigarette into an ashtray.

Vincent looked at him, utterly confused before asking; "Wait, what? You called me here on such short notice after a hunt just to ask me that?" He knew there was always a point, an angle or a plan to these questions but this time for once, he had no idea what the point had been.

"Yup. There have been some requests from the Guild for local reports on district activities and I thought to call you up since you were active most recently." He replied with a nonchalant voice.

At this point, there was a very deep, highly explosive kind of rage bubbling deep within him as well as a sinking feeling that maybe, just maybe...

"So the reason you made it sound so serious, even tricking Rosie as a medium to convey it with such a short notice for something so mundane was simply to...?"

Renate grinned like a cat before replying with a sing song voice: "Exactly. Just a clever trap to fool you."

At that point Vincent felt his rage boiling over and all his muscles getting ready to commit an act of violent murder. But somehow, he wasn't at all sure how, he succeeded in keeping a lid on it.

"I will take my leave then, good day." He said.

'Murder, death, floods of blood...' He thought.

By now he was walking out as quickly as possible, ignoring Jacob and Rita on the way and nearly taking his anger out on the new security guard at the door, but God must have blessed him on this day because he didn't.

But the steel garbage container in the alley wasn't that lucking. The sound of it being hit with a punch that left a deep, VERY deep dent into echoed throughout the alley and all the way to Renates office who at that moment burst out laughing.

After a few minutes his laughter died down, he then pulled out his smart phone and made a call;

"It's me. Yes, no doubt about it, it was him. No he... let me finish douche bag. Yes, I called you that because if you act like one, talk like one-"

He chuckled at the person who was now saying some rather rude things.

"Calm down, calm down, yes and yes that was rude of me and I apologize. Oh you won't? That's fine then douche bag." He chuckled some more. Then he took a deep breath and resumed;

"And no, I do not believe he knew about it. Of course you don't believe me, it's your job not to believe easily or maybe it's just your personality but from my end I guarantee Vincent does not know. No, not for certain but after what I just did he will not piece anything together for a long time. Yes, I know. It won't come to that and even if it does I can handle it. A problem? Well him being dead does put us in a bad spot but not out of the game, now does it? But seriously, why not just-... uh-huh, well, I'm still saying it would be beneficial or even critical but whatever, it's your show to screw up the way you see it. Now there is no need for that kind of language, is there? Oh there is? When dealing with me? Well... got me there."

Renate laughed, before looking at the TV screen that was on mute, the news was on.

"But seriously, we need to do something and fast or it is only a matter of time until this comes down on us both like ton a exploding bricks. Yeah... be in touch. And lastly, if you are looking at the footage from your cameras and bugs from last night, note that around midnight I was... oh you saw it? Yeah the part with me taking off all of my-... while that was playing in the backround-... did you watch it alone? You did? Lucky you. And why yes, I did do that knowing you would be watching it at some point. Why did I do that? Simple; I was bored and wanted to piss you off. Oh don't be like that; you know you liked it, big boy."

With that, Renate closed the phone while laughing. Then calmed down and thought and shouted; "Jacob! Rita! Get in here, we have some things to talk about!"

**********

Vincent got into the buss, his hand slightly throbbing from his anger venting with the garbage container and mind still seething from what had happened with Renate.

As he sat down he started thinking; 'What a freaking waste of time... is what I would think, but, what is it that keeps bugging me? Garth and now this; what is it I am not seeing? Or is there even anything there to begin with? Arrrgh...'

His thoughts kept going like this until he finally stepped out of the buss 30 minutes later; 'Okay, that's it, I'm burying this into the 'hunting withdrawal' and 'Renate must die' folder. Fuck, all this because that prick wanted to make filing a report to the Night Hunters Guild fun by pissing me-'

That's when something clicked in his head. A detail he had overlooked. It was so miniscule, so barely worth noting at the time but now...

'It's what Garth said as he was dying. The piece that is there but shouldn't be there was that I killed him, but the reason it shouldn't be there is because of the one thing he said;

I have faced... many things... in my life... even other hunters.

He eluded the guild for so long...

Survived other hunters...

I killed him so easily...

How do they connect? I don't know yet, but they do connect.'

Vincent started smiling as he felt his mind flooding with that satisfying feeling when putting together a puzzle, before he said quietly to himself;

"Interesting times are coming... and I'm ready for them."

To Be Continued...

A/N: Finally! 2nd chapter is out! I am so sorry it took me THIS long to get it out... over a year! Damn.

If anyone is still reading this or has now started to read it, I thank you.

As you may have figured it out, this is highly story driven with lots of questions, mysteries and plot-threads.

Yes, there will be erotic scenes as well, but it will take time to get to them.

But if you can persevere with me, answers will start coming.

Thank you again and I hope you are looking forward to the 3rd chapter, which I promise will not take nearly this long to get out.

See you next time!

12