Hunter's Moon Ch. 02

Story Info
A different place, same time, but far far away.
2.5k words
4.4
5.2k
0
4
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/12/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Two -- Phenomenon

Please be aware that the "Hunter's Moon" series of stories may involve minimal sex. I'm doing this as an experiment in writing. For those that are looking for strictly sex, this story is not for you, but keep reading if you wish. I would also like to mention that many of my ideas may come from other stories of varying media. So if you notice a similarity to another story it is usually by coincidence. So prepare to embark on the second chapter of "Hunter's Moon".

~~~~~

A small blue green planet hovered in the great void connected to its yellow sun by invisible tethers. It was the second of twelve planets in this system. Around it three moons hovered and moved at different speeds on three different axes. Astrologer's below and in orbit eagerly awaited the lunar eclipse of the yellow sun. All speculating that such an event only happens once every five thousand or so years. Fanatics from all walks of life spoke of "end of days" and "apocalypse" no one knew for sure what was going to happen, if anything when the three moons and the sun align.

James Sauerbuk was sitting in his office sipping coffee at the Central Armuun Spaceport watching his twelve computer screens, seven of which were auto-flipping through the spaceports security feeds, two of the other five were locked on incoming and outgoing space traffic. One was focused on the outside of his office door while the other one was linked into the astrological mainframe. The Last one however was locked on the World News Network. He was most interested in this 'apocalypse' talk, not because he believed in it, he just found it funny.

Lynda Jayson walked up to Sauerbuk's door, buzzed, looked into the camera and waited to be let in. She was a tall brunette standing at nearly five feet ten inches with mid-back length flowing hair and pretty light brown eyes, she wore a brown tailored skirt and white blouse with a badge pinned to it stating her name. In here arm's she carried some file folders with a PDA resting on top of them.

James glanced at the door camera and pressed the open door button on his desk. As Lynda walked in he stood up. He was way better built then you would expect considering his job as spaceport administrator. He had short brown hair with light green eyes and stood at almost six feet four inches wearing black khakis and a blue and white collared golf shirt.

"Thanks for coming Mrs. Jayson. Please have a seat." James asked.

"Thank you." Lynda said and took a seat. "I have those manifests you requested from a few of the 'less-then-honest-looking-ships' and by the looks of them they appear to be clean for the most part so I pulled up some additional information from my off-world sources."

James looked at her in anticipation, perhaps a little too much. "Anything that I should know about?"

"Two of the ships have been involved in smuggling of contraband and other not so legal goods. They would be the 'Grek's Narsh' and the 'Dawn's Song' I also checked with the patrol and have been notified that those two particular ships are on a watch list."

"Put on the watch list and I only find out now? The dockhands seem to always know more. So what do you suggest we do about them?"

"Well they haven't done anything illegal yet that I have noticed and maybe they're just here for the festivities. But perhaps we should put the watch on them just to be safe." Lynda suggested.

James paused for a short while considering the idea. "Yeah, we'll do that. That's all we would need are people on the patrols watch list possibly causing trouble or profiting from the current chaos." He glanced over at the screens for a quick moment. "Should I know about anything else?"

Lynda looked down at her PDA and scrolled through it. "Nothing security can't handle, but there was a dispute between two groups of people. It's been handled thus far and we aren't expecting much else to go on. However we are keeping an eye on them while they are in the spaceport."

"Okay good, now let's talk about dinner? Where do you want to go tonight."

Lynda smirked for a moment. "Well I've been looking at that greek restaurant by 3rd and 9th"

"Good choice, I've heard excellent reviews from them. I'll make the reservations for, say, 21:00 because I'm sure none of us will be out of here before 20:00 since that big transport is coming in from Gellis Nine. It's going to be a busy around here with the event due to happen Sunday. I can't believe it's only Friday."

"So I'll see you for lunch at Jay'Cee's on the second level promenade?" Lynda asked.

"Yep, just have a few more things to do before then."

~~~~~

Tayril Sykes walked around the spaceport picking up supplies and miscellaneous goods. She was an auburn haired beauty with blue eyes covered by a pair of egg shaped sunglasses. She walked with the grace of a cat and stood just less than five feet nine inches. She wore a long brown coat that covered most of her body to the lower part of her rear end. Below that her legs were covered by part of a slick black flight suit that clung tightly to her and retreated into her sealed combat boots.

She casually looked around as she walked. Something strange gnawed at the back of her neck that only meant one thing. Someone was watching her, and not just casual passer by's but that she picked up a tail of some sort. She focused on the feeling and casually looked around again, not appearing alarmed. As she glanced around her eyes caught a rookie member of the watch.

She knew this because if he was actually experienced he wouldn't have made that mistake so easily. If there was a rookie others would be around. She was nearing the food court area of the spaceport and decided that it would be easier to discover them if she herself sat down with some food. She also knew that if they had anything valid on her they would have most likely already arrested her.

She waited in line at Chibbi Chong's Pita's and was greeted by an attractive young lady with dark blonde hair with pink streaks throughout going lengthwise and dark blue eyes. She was kinda small at around five feet four inches and of average fitness. Her name was Kaeli according to the name tag. "What can I get for you?" Kaeli said sweetly.

Tayril smiled approvingly. "I'll have the Chongtastic traveler's pita"

"With rice or noodles?"

"Rice please and extra Caesar sauce"

"Would you like a drink and chips to go with that?"

"Yes please. Tayril replied.

"That'll be one-thousand sixty nine credits please" Kaeli said.

Tayril slipped her cred-chip into the reader and gave Kaeli a one-thousand credit tip.

Kaeli looked at the tip and at Tayril. "Thanks a lot."

"You're very welcome. The name's Tayril Sykes. If you need anything just burst me. I own the Dawn's Song." Tayril smiled and winked.

"I'll keep that in mind, thanks again." Kaeli said handing Tay's order to her.

Tay turned and walked to a table where she could observe her watchers and proceeded to eat. She knew that she hadn't done anything wrong lately, so she was safe, unless of course they would like to question her. 'Now that would be interesting, I wonder what they'd ask?'

She felt someone hovering closer to her, not really trying to be subtle. She sniffed the air and knew right then who was near, such an overuse of fine cologne. "You know, you should really lay off on that stuff Gaeril, it doesn't make you attractive."

"So I've been given away, again!" Gaeril said.

"Given away, hardly. Just lay off on the stuff or did you spill the bottle again?"

"Yep, I spilt the bottle, damn things are so small and flimsy for da cost of the stuff." The man named Gaeril sat down beside her. "So, any idea what these watchers have on you?"

"I'm sure they're getting more juicy stuff right now with you here. Why were you following me from Tyson II anyway?"

"Following, pffft. Why would I be follow'n you hun?" Gaeril asked.

"Oh no reason, just thought it was more then a coincidence. Unless you're one of these end of days fanatics." She looked him over.

Gaeril was a beaten man with scars on his rugged looking face, He wore baggy brown leather cargo pants and a leather hunters vest with several pockets over a black long sleeved shirt, at his side was a whip of a sort, she figured it was at least five feet, maybe more uncoiled. On his other side was a blaster pistol and beside his pistols were three knives. He was muscular and she had no doubt that he had more scars then the two on his face. He was the epitome of a smuggler, and one of those that give the rest of them a bad name.

"No I'm not one of dem nuts, but I did bring some a dem loons, they paid a fair price."

"Fair? With you? That doesn't seem likely, you sure you're not one of those nuts?" Tay said.

"You make me sound like a monster? Im'a fair man with fair prices. Besides which, this is no time to be bringing goods in, you get more in fares and it's honest work."

"True, so how much did they pay you?"

"About 100000 a head, the regular transports were full so they got a deal, amazing how much dem crazies are willin ta pay."

"That is a lot, especially from Tyson II. So why are you meeting with me?"

"No reason, felt like getting some lunch and noticed d'ose spooks den you. Put two together and it spells trouble and you know me and trouble." Gaeril said.

"Oh I remember your kind of trouble. How much did you get for that bauble again?"

"Not much really considerin, only about 2 billion creds."

"It was still a fair bit of change. Granted probably half of that went in to repairing your ship. Good times." Tay said.

"Maybe we should deal together again, like da good ol' days."

"You never know what will happen after this event." Tay finished up her pita and wiped her face.

"True, but this event won't change the galaxy; it'll probably be some fancy lightwerks or somethin. But listenin to dem crazies makes ya wonder."

"Don't tell me you're actually taking this talk serious."

"No, just saying it makes ya wonder. Maybe they are on ta something, but if they knew anything other den it's gonna be a nifty lightshow, seems a bit hyped up though."

"Must be?" Tay said. "I have a ship to get back to. Good luck with your tail."

"I haven't done anything wrong, yet! But thanks and good luck with yours." Gaeril said and got up from the seat and headed one way.

Tayril deposited her trash and walked the opposite way from Gaeril past the shops and people towards her ship. The watcher followed trying to be conspicuous, but she knew better.

~~~~~

The rookie watch member was doing his job, trying to put his training to good use. He thought he was doing a decent job tailing the one called Tayril but as much as he kept his eyes on her and tried to stay as far back as the books told him to she just up and vanished from his sight. He looked around trying to pick her out of the crowd but it seemed no use. 'maybe she ducked into a shop when he blinked' the rookie watcher thought continuing down the promenade of the station hoping that he would be able to pick up the track again.

"Looking for someone?" a voice said behind him.

He turned his head slightly and looked straight into his target's eyes. "Umm, no, not at all just window shopping. Do I know you?"

"Surely they teach you to lie better than that. I think you need more training, personally." Tay said.

"I'm not sure what you mean? I think you have the wrong person."

"Oh come now, I know you've been following me ever since I got off my ship, you're so green that I think there's foliage growing on you." Tay smirked at the rookie. "I also bet this was you're first tail assignment, and honestly I think your supervisor is gonna give you a bad review."

Obviously his cover was blown and she seemed to know more about him then he thought he let on. 'ok, come clean I guess, she's dangerous right?' He looked at her surrendering to the obvious nature. "Ok, you got me, and yes this is my first tail, got any tips?"

"Well first off you blend into the crowd really bad, you dress like a watch member. Also you're too stiff, too serious looking. You need to relax, I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually." She smirked at him. "The name's Tayril, but I'm sure you already know that. Not sure why you're following me, granted I'm on the watch list all over the galaxy, maybe you guys think I'm gonna cause trouble. Usually it's you guys that start the trouble I just finish it." She released a beaming grin. "Sure you've probably seen what I can do when cornered. Don't fret, causing troubles not even on my mind. All I did was transport some people to this planet for this fancy lightshow that somehow is gonna change the galaxy."

"Umm, wow, you're good. Thanks for the tips I'm sure they'll come in handy. So, I guess I should tell you my name hmm?" The rookie said.

"Well usually that's how it goes, I tell you my name and you tell me yours." Tay smirked.

"Tim Faern's is the name. Nice to meet you?" He said questioningly.

Tay looked the poor fella up and down, his shaggy brown hair and slightly violet round eyes and his bad clothing choice for a tail assignment. He was fairly handsome in his own way. "So, you gonna keep following me?"

He looked at her, considering the options. "Well it is my job after all, I suppose I'll get a radio call saying I blew it in a little." He looked thoughtful. "How about this, you seem to be heading back to your ship or in that direction anyway, how about I just walk with ya? In a non-threatening manner that is."

Tay looked back at him. "You couldn't threaten me if you tried, but considering the alternatives it might not be a bad idea. But I'm not taking off yet, just checking in, might eat out later, I'm sure you'll be practicing your tailing techniques off shift." She smiled.

"Nah, I'll probably go home, watch the news and go to bed later. Gotta be up for second shift."

"You are so cute when you try to lie." Tay said.

They started walking towards the landing bays.

~~~~~

That concludes this chapter, stay tuned for more...