Hunting the Hunter Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Enithermon
Enithermon
1,050 Followers

"As long as I have that option."

"You do. Of course you do."

Inanna cocked a brow at her. "It's not something like my first born is it?"

Melissande blinked, then screwed up her face. "What?"

Inanna chuckled. "Never mind. Then shoot. What are we looking at?"

The woman refolded her hands and sighed, looking deep in thought. "Well, there are several things I need, items gathered..."

Oh lord here we go, Inanna thought dolefully. It was the count of Cheydinhal all over again.

"I will make you a list, but the most difficult will be to find a greater soul gem and the hearts of the Daedra...and the most difficult to bring yourself to procure will be the blood of an Argonian."

She raised a brow at that. "How much blood?"

"Several drops, a vile if possible."

"Pfft. That's easy."

"Easy? Argonians do not bleed easily and do not like their blood used in such a way."

"Well...I'm sure I can figure it out."

She shrugged. "As you say."

Inanna looked at her askance. "Surely that's not it."

"No."

Right.

"When you have gathered the items then I will need you to perform a ritual for me. Have you heard of the Night Mother?"

Inanna groaned and slid further down in her chair. "You've got to be kidding me."

No more Lachance...really, she already had more than she could handle of that man.

"I take that as a yes." She muttered. "Well, I will need you to perform it and deliver a message for me."

Message?

"You do know they require a death when the ritual is performed right? That someone will have to die? If you just want a regular message sent, I can probably get that done another way." Please let her say yes. As unappetizing as asking Lachance for a favor was, it was a lot better than that horrible ritual. Plus she didn't think that the Dark Brotherhood appreciated people farming out their sacred rituals to hapless gophers. And she was getting a little sick of the hapless gopher racket as it was.

Melisande looked amused. "Could you?"

She shrugged. "It wouldn't be fun for me or anything, but yeah."

She shook her head. "No. I know what I'm asking."

"Ah. So you just want someone else to order the hit for you."

She made an ambiguous sound Inanna chose to interpret as an affirmative.

She shook her head. "Had to be that. Well...make me the list and...give me a couple days to think about it. Meanwhile it can't hurt to get started on tracking down your goodies. At the very least it'll be repayment for your help so far."

She cocked a brow at that. "How have I been of help?"

Inanna pointed at Feric. "You helped him didn't you?" She nodded to him, "by the way, you wanna come shopping?" she asked him.

"And by shopping you mean?"

"Tracking down a laundry list of crazy shit...so, no idea."

He shrugged. "Yeah, why not."

"You aren't fully healed." Melisande reminded him.

"I know, but I won't be alone." He smirked, then looked pointedly back at Ina,"though I rather we didn't have a repeat of last time we went shopping."

Inanna screwed up her nose. "What happened then?"

"The Orum gang."

"Ah yes, that."

"Or our little adventure before that."

"You're no fun, Serjo...hunting is fun though."

He chuckled. "Yes, it was."

"Well," interrupted Melisande, "if you're just going to keep reminiscing, I'm going to go write up that list then."

"Super! We'll leave in the morning." Inanna chirped. The older woman smiled wryly.

"I'll have everything ready for you then, good night." She waved carelessly at the small bed. "I'm sure you two can figure out a sleeping arrangement for yourselves." She left them and made her way to a little set of stairs in the corner leading, Inanna assumed, to the basement.

Inanna stood and stripped off her top without preamble. "I call the top bunk."

He looked at the narrow bed and frowned. "It's a good thing you're small."

"And it's a good thing you're so observant. Hop in."

He shrugged out of his robe and slid into the bed, raising the blanket for her to climb in next to him, watching appreciatively as she shimmied out of her leather pants, leaving her in nothing but her underwear and a narrow wrap around her breasts.

She paused, looking down at him, a similar appreciative heat flaring in her eyes before crawling in as well. She lay on her side, scooting back against him.

"This isn't going to work." she muttered after a pause.

"I don't see how else it would, but if you like I can sleep on the floor."

"Eh, no, not really. Here..." She sat up and pushed him so that he was on his back then straddled him. He smirked up at her. She gave him a grin but didn't do anything more than spread herself over him, her cheek resting against his chest and shoulder and her legs draped over his hips.

He wrapped and arm around her waist and closed his eyes with a long sigh, deciding this was indeed much better. She was small enough that her weight was, though solid, more a comfortable pressure rather than an encumbrance. Comforting even, he mused drowsily. A warm, persistent presence— as smooth and rough as quicksand, and spiced with the scent of cinnamon.

Enithermon
Enithermon
1,050 Followers