Hunting the Hunter Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She blinked. "All of them? How long did the enchantments last?"

"Hours, it seemed."

"Damn. That's some heavy stuff. Expensive."

He nodded, her comment reminding him of the poison. "They were also using a strong poison that doesn't kill, but can knock out even creatures with exceptional power and endurance. I found that out later...but as to what happened...we were separated. I had to retreat since it was too difficult to fight what I couldn't see or smell. So I waited for one of them to get separated and picked them off, drawing them out by making myself a target."

"Fools." She growled, running her hands down over his bare chest, her nails scoring his skin ever so lightly. He smirked.

"I discovered the hunters were wearing rings for the enchantment...or at least this one was, so I used it myself to slip by the rest."

"And then what?" She prodded. The old spark was back in her eye, much to his relief.

"Well," he continued, lowering his voice and encouraging her excitement, "I couldn't wear it as a lion, so I had to shift into this form to get through the halls...finally I found where the other three had gotten themselves cornered in one of the halls...they'd used iron gates to bar the exits, and had taken positions over them corralling them with bows. I was on one of the higher overhead walk ways, and could see the mechanism which locked the doors...but it was too far to jump. I positioned myself over one of the hunters, shifted and went for it."

"You got 'im?" The spark was now a flame, and he fed it eagerly. He also didn't miss the subtle movement of her hips against his.

"Of course. But there was one on either side of me, so I ran for the one near the pully and took them out."

"But the other got a hit in..."

"A couple of hits. I ignored it as long as I could to open the gates, and did it just in time to turn my attention back to the other hunter."

"So they got out?"

"I think so, I followed their scents and heard the hunters giving chase...it led outside, and I knew...or at least hoped, that once they were outside they'd have the advantage of speed and skill."

"So what? The hunters just forgot about you?" She asked disbelieving.

"No, but I used the ring to hide myself in the halls until they'd passed."

She frowned. "But...how...where'd you put it?"

"Under my tongue." She blinked...then smiled...then laughed.

"Clever kitty." she chortled, slapping his shoulder. "You're lucky you didn't swallow it."

He nodded his agreement. "I know. I was worried about that." He sighed, his smile fading. "Unfortunately the arrows which hit me were poisoned. I managed to get out...but barely. I don't know how far I crawled until I finally lost consciousness."

"I can assume from your presence here that they didn't find you."

"No. Thankfully. Another did though. A witch who lives near here. She dragged me home and put me up until I recovered." He watched her face for a reaction. He got one.

"No kidding? Huh. That...that's why I'm here actually. I came to see the Weald-witch...Melisande I think her name is. At Draklowe. Is that the one?"

He frowned. He didn't know her name...they'd never actually exchanged names. "I've...been unconscious for the better part of almost three days...we haven't actually spoken much. I didn't even get her name...when I woke today, she was gone. I'm still not fully recovered, but I'm closer to it."

He eyed her carefully. "Are you here about the blood magic? Because of Desdemona?" She nodded and he watched her face. "You remember what I said before...if you're not comfortable..." She rolled her eyes, cutting him off with a wave.

"Please, like that would stop me." She sobered. "In all seriousness though, Feric, there's too much at stake...and after..."

"What?"

She shook her head. "Ina, what is it, tell me. Maybe I can help." She smiled sadly and ran her palm over his cheek. "So sweet."

"I'm not sweet, I'm serious." He groused. "Let me help you. You're helping me."

"Yeah, but you're mine...I protect what's mine. It's an Ashlander thing."

She smirked, but the flippant expression did nothing to dull the sensation which had swelled suddenly in his chest. Mine?

"And you're mine." He replied as evenly and lightly as he could, hoping to disguise the thickness he knew was lodged in his throat. "And I also protect what's mine...it's a lion thing." He returned the smirk. "So...let me help."

She chuckled wryly. "I wish you could...it's just...a dream...or vision...or...I don't know. Maybe just Vaernima screwing with me for kicks and giggles."

"Is...is that why you acted the way you did...just now?"

She blinked, as if confused about what he was talking about, then cast her eyes down, that uncharacteristic uncertainty creeping back into her expression once more. "I've never seen you like that Ina." She turned her eyes back to his, and he swallowed hard at the haunted look he saw there.

"I...I guess. I was sort of out of it. I think I thought I was still dreaming...actually I know I thought I was still dreaming. I saw terrible things." She shook her head again, grinning. He knew her well enough to see it was forced. "The problem is, it's hard to tell if these are things which will happen, are happening, or...some things I recognized...but then it might all have been a dream. There...eh, never mind." She dropped off, looking away.

He gently turned her face back to his. "Tell me."

She looked at him a long while, debating, he guessed, then sighed softly. "There was one thing I saw, which felt like a memory...but I know it hasn't happened...so I though it might be something."

"What happened?"

She tried, and failed, to smile, then shrugged. "I saw him. At least...I think it was him."

"Him?"

"An Altmer. The Altmer. The one behind it. I was there. I was naked for some reason...on my knees...it smelled like blood. He was standing there. It was cold and dark, but I couldn't see where I was."

He swallowed again, forcing his voice into calm tones. "What did he look like?"

"Like an Altmer. Tall, gold skin. Beautiful...really, frighteningly beautiful. He had these crystal colored eyes, and long silver hair. He felt wrong though...even in the dream he felt wrong. You know what I mean? And he looked young...but he felt old. Old and deep." She paused as if considering something, and suddenly the dark shadow which had appeared in her face cleared. "You ever seen one of those big floating chunks of ice...ice bergs I think they're called?"

He nodded. He had once lived quite far north, and had traveled even farther in his youth. "It's like one of those. You see this shiny pretty thing, but underneath is this absolute mountain of an ice-rock that can sink ships if you're not careful. At least that's what I've heard from Nord sailors. That's what he felt like. And cold too."

"Do you know what it means?"

"No idea. This is why this sensitivity shit sucks. You get all these vibes and images and whatnot, but there's no real rhyme or reason to them. I mean, I also saw my mother...she was wearing a watchman's helm and giving me a bad time for something. We were fighting with spears. That could have been a memory, a premonition, or just something I made up. I suppose if I'd been a better student to the wise women, I might know more about it, but as it stands..." She shrugged again. "Ah well, that's what I get for setting up camp across from Vaernima I guess."

"Why's that?"

"Daedra of nightmares and omens. She sends visions. Usually dark ones. So like I said, she might just be screwing with me."

He nodded thoughtfully considering what she'd said. "Well, there's no way to know what it all means, so I suppose we just proceed carefully until more information comes." He paused again, mulling over what he wanted to say.

She seemed content to sit in his lap and to continue running her hands over him. On one hand he hadn't paid it much mind, since his own hands had been doing something similar, but her apparent need to touch struck another cord with him. The same cord struck by her mention of the bond pull, and by her declaration that he was hers.

And speaking of claiming...

"You mentioned claiming Mori...can you explain this, or does it need to wait?"

She smiled tiredly and leaned into him, laying her head on his shoulder and wrapping her arms around his waist. "No, I can explain now."

He nodded, smiling into her loosely braided hair. "Alright, but do you mind if we...ah, find a more comfortable place to sit?" She looked down at him and laughed.

"You know it's funny," she mused, running a hand up his stomach and chest, "I didn't even notice you were still naked." She chucked. "It's remarkable the things we get used to." Her amused grin turned into a naughty one, and her leather clad ass ground into his lap. "You know...there was a time when I found you very, very distracting like this."

He felt his own smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth, but suppressed it, attempting to look hurt instead. "But not any more?"

She leaned in until her words were just hot breath against his lips. "I did say it was remarkable. Stud."

He did grin at that, and closed the distance. She was ready for him and flicked her tongue against his parted lips. She squeaked out a giggle into his mouth as he rose to his feet, hauling her little body up with him, wincing as the buckles of her leathers pressed into his skin.

"That a dagger in your pocket or you just happy to see me?" He growled into her ear, making her laugh lightly and unwrap herself from around him. He let her down, then looked around at the leaf strewn earth, scratching the back of his head. "I..ah, it's not really conducive here is it..."

She nodded, chuckling. "I'd suggest going down to the lake where it's sandy, but you'd be giving all the shrine goers quite a show." Her grin turned dark. "Or we could both get naked and really give them something to look at." She pressed up against him, her pink tongue darting out to wet the swell of her lips. "We can get all wet and slippery and fuck like bunny rabbits until some one calls the legion. What do ya' say...wanna get dangerous?" This time he hardly noticed the studs and buckles scraping his bare skin. He did, however, notice the hot, musky scent of her arousal...and the way her worn leathers were pressing against his stiffening cock as she pressed her hips against his.

She was teasing him. Daring him.

She started to pull away, her eyes taunting and her face twisted in a 'gotcha' type smirk. She grinned and shrugged, "Or, you know, if you're shy we can just talk..."

That was as far as she got. Well, that was as far as he let her get. It's rather difficult to enunciate with someones tongue in your mouth after all. She stiffened for a moment, but as always she softened into the kiss, darting her tongue against his playfully.

She grinned up at him, her fingers toying against his chest.

He smirked. "Alright."

She cocked a brow at him. "Alright?"

"Strip."

Inanna blinked, not quite sure she'd heard him right. "Riiiight..." His smirk faded. He wasn't serious...couldn't possibly be..."Here? Right now?"

He shrugged. "Or you could wait till we get down to the shore...doesn't matter to me."

She chuckled uncertainly. "Sure, whatever you say." She turned waving him off.

She was more than surprised when he grabbed her and pulled her back against his chest. Surprised enough that she didn't react to what his busy fingers were doing until they were halfway through their task. That task being unbuckling and divesting her of her leather uppers. She struggled half-heartedly against him, and he tugged her leathers half way down her arms, trapping them and allowing him to continue.

For some reason the movement took her breath away. She felt like she'd been kicked in the gut and froze up with uncertainty. Finally the last buckle slipped loose and she came back to herself, shrugging the coat off so she could twist and pull away. She got about arms length before he pulled her back again, this time ducking and tossing her over his shoulder...literally taking her breath this time.

A stuttered, "Feric!" was all she managed, grinding and wriggling against him. His grip was pretty solid...and she wasn't totally sure what he was up to. After all, she wasn't going to risk actually hurting him or worse: ruining what could end up being a right lovely 'bit o' fun' just because she wasn't in on the game.

Still...she'd gotten used to being the one doing the ravishing. She was a hunter, came by it naturally, and it showed in everything she did. She didn't play well as the prey.

Hircine would be thrilled with her plight. So would Sanguine...if for other reasons. And what would Boethia do? Let him think he'd won, and then turn the tables when the sucker lets down his guard. She relaxed a little at the thought. That's right sucker. You'll get yours.

She took a deep breath and tensed her stomach as she jostled against him. She couldn't see where he was going, but it was down hill...ah hell. She glanced up and saw the canopy had broken and that they were out in the open. She also felt his hand shift to her hips, tugging on the leather bindings...

Feric chuckled as she started struggling against him again, obviously feeling his fingers loosening her leather grieves and attempting to tug them down her hips. She gasped as he managed to tug them down over one hip and her wriggling increased tenfold, making him stumble and forcing him to let her go or send them both tumbling.

She backed away from him as soon as she hit the ground, one hand holding her leathers, the other pushing several locks of wine colored hair from her eyes. She was eying him warily. Her chest heaved. The sight, along with the sound of her panting breath, was making him hard.

Make that harder.

They were on the shore of the lake now, the earth soft and sandy beneath his feet. In the corner of his eye he could see the rise upon which the Daedric shrine stood on the other side of the small lake. He couldn't tell if they'd noticed them yet, but it would only be a matter of time.

He held back, watching the flickering of her fiery eyes. He saw anger, he saw curiosity, as well a good deal of cautious suspicion. And, of course, desire. But he didn't need his eyes to tell him that...or hers. It filled the air around them with warmth and spice. He found himself wetting his lips, as if trying to catch its flavor there.

Her eyes flicked from his to his mouth and her hips rocked enticingly. He couldn't tell if it was unconscious or deliberately provocative. Only one way to find out.

Inanna was torn. It wasn't as if she were shy...not really. And there wasn't anything innately wrong with screwing in front of someone...when you lived in the close and rather open quarters of a yurt, it's going to happen eventually, if not regularly. It was the sort of lifestyle that made sure Ashlanders were pretty damn easy going about sex. This, however, was not quite the same thing. This was a proper audience...this could get one arrested for public indecency.

Lets be honest. On one hand that made it sort of hot.

But on the other...arrested for public indecency...and an audience. She liked sex. Scratch that, she loved sex. But she'd never considered it a spectator sport. Still...

She decided to test how far he was prepared to take this...'cause if all this was just to call her bluff...

"What the hell Feric?"

"Is there a problem?" His voice dripped with feigned innocence. Fetcher.

"Yeah...if you don't quit it, they're going to think you're raping me..."

"Will they?" He was coming toward her...prowling. Roiling and dangerous. It was just like that first night. Big cat with sharp claws...little naked Dunmer. Only this time she was still half dressed and he was a man...a naked man...unarmed...and yet... "Am I?"

She blinked."I, um...are you?" Her voice was suddenly soft and a little hoarse. Not the answer she was expecting. She tensed, heat threading through her veins and building in her limbs until the flame of it licked her hands in silent threat. "I can stop you, you know?"

He didn't even glance at the flame in her hand. He kept coming and she fought the urge to step back, to let him corner her. "I know that." His voice was low and even. "We both know that. But will you?"

"Feric..."

"You could stop me..."

He was standing toe to toe with her, and she had to tilt her head back to meet his eyes. "I could."

"Or you could strip." His eyes glowed.

Damn, he really wasn't shy, was he. Well screw that. She'd call his bluff. He might get naked at leisure, but there was no way he'd just screw her in front of all those people...was there? Only one way to find out.

She smirked back and tilted her chin at him. She held her smile and stepped back, gripping the bottom of her shirt, and pulling it over her head, only breaking eye contact long enough to get it off and toss it away. The wrap came next. She paused with her hands on her hips, casting a sideways glance across the lake. It seemed they'd been noticed.

When she turned back she forced herself not to quail. Especially when his intense expression became a darkly amused one. Instead she rolled her eyes and off came the pants and everything with it.

She stepped forward, her arms spread. "Well? Happy?"

"Very."

Ok, she could admit it. That look on his face and that growl in his voice were both making this a little easier. It wasn't like she could totally forget the audience...but damn, he was a sexy man. She gave him her own dark smile and cocked her hip.

"So how do you want to do this?"

He reached out, grabbing her arm and spinning her body. He wasn't gentle about it and heard her breath come out sharply. She sucked in another hard breath as his hand slipped from around her waist and slid between her legs, firmly cupping the warmth of her sex. He could already feel a slight wetness against his fingers as he pressed them in a little tighter, letting one slip along the length of her slit. She made no sound or move to stop him.

Her own hand slid up along his arm, and another curled over the wrist of the hand caressing her. She pressed into him, her ass grinding back against his thighs.

He groaned and pressed forward, letting her feel his hardness against her back. Her grip tightened, and her fingers dug into his wrist and shoulder. He started to pull back, a glint of understanding flickering through the haze. But too late.

She was already twisting, and the pain in his shoulder sent him to his knees. Her own leg hooked over his arm as he went down. He tried to catch her off balance and at least managed to take her down with him. They went down hard, with her collapsing on top of him in an awkward heap. He winced as her flailing leg caught him in the ribs and cursed.

There was a scramble for dominion as they both fought to get on top, neither of them able to get much hold or leverage in the soft sand of the lake shore. Her quick limbs and slim, wriggling body were difficult to pin down, and every time he thought he had one part under control he was obliged to release it in order to stop the knee to the gut or the elbow to the jaw.

Finally he found himself with a happy advantage, and placed a bite along the inside of her thigh. He didn't break the skin, but it was hard enough to make her cry out and falter. The reprieve allowed him time to grasp and hold still her thighs and plant his mouth firmly against her sex, latching immediately over the swell of her clit and sucking hard as she squirmed and whimpered.

Her finger nails dug into his scalp, and her hips bucked, but she didn't seem to be making much of an attempt to stop him.

Not, that is, until he felt her foot plant itself against his shoulder, sending him tumbling backward...with her pouncing after him.