Hunting Wolves Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,312 Followers

"Dad, I had nothing to do with it. I'm going nuts here, I should be out searching for her and instead I'm locked up. Do what you need to on your end, I'll talk to you again when I can."

My lawyer showed up after an appetizing breakfast of toast and powdered eggs. Mr. Joshua Birch did not have good news for me.

"OK, I've had a chance to talk to the District Attorney. The case they are building is circumstantial, but that is to be expected given the lack of a body. It will be a convincing case if it goes to trial."

"What could they have? I didn't do anything."

"Well, they know that you two were fighting, they interviewed the neighbors about the night before you left."

I sighed. "Yeah, we had a fight. She wants me to leave the Marine Corps and I want to reenlist. That was why we were taking this trip, so we could get away from the distractions and work this all out."

"They also know she was pregnant, they found the test in the bathroom garbage. She texted with her best friend during your drive, she told her that she was going to tell you this weekend."

I just about passed out. Pregnant? She's out there somewhere and pregnant with our child?? It took me a few minutes before I could even look up at him again.

"At the campsite, there is a lot of blood in the tent area and the crime scene guys verified it matches her blood type. There are more droplets of blood on the path to the lake, but they didn't have enough to type so they are waiting for DNA analysis. Their theory is that you had a big fight, killed her and tried to make it look like a bear attack."

"I didn't do it. I didn't know."

"You realize that anything you tell me is covered by attorney-client privilege. It is very important that you be completely honest with me and tell me exactly what happened. I can only help you if I know."

"I don't know anything other than what I told you."

"Think about this carefully, Doug. Right now you have some leverage because they want to find the body. I can make a deal if you come clean now. If not, they are going to nail you to the wall."

"I didn't fucking do it!"

"Ok, it doesn't matter if I believe you or not. It only matters what they can prove. Your arraignment will be this afternoon." The appearance before the judge happened before video cameras without even leaving the jail, which probably was an advantage because the story was the lead on every local channel. "MARINE SNIPER CHARGED WITH KILLING PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND" was the lead on the jailhouse news that night. Bail had been set at two million dollars, and my family didn't have that kind of cash.

Not much happened over the next week. The Marine Corps sent a Judge Advocate Captain to talk to me; he couldn't represent me but he helped answer some questions. Essentially, the Marine Corps was going to wait it out. If it didn't get resolved by the time my service time ended, I would be discharged. I had a few buddies visit, it was good to see them but they couldn't do anything either.

And just as fast as that, it was over. It was a media circus as I made my first live appearance in court. The District Attorney dropped the charges.

He had no choice after the DNA tests came back on the blood found in the tent. They found lots of hers... a few drops of mine...

And the rest was Canis Lupus. Wolf blood. Fucking wolves killed my girlfriend and my baby.

partwolf
partwolf
2,312 Followers
12