Husband Wakes Up

Story Info
Husband realizes wife is unfaithful and leaves.
5.3k words
3.24
206k
72
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lover1953
lover1953
1,323 Followers

This is version 2 of this story. After some helpful comments from readers I have fixed up some of my writing errors and put it in the 3rd person past tense. Those of you who do not like this sort of thing then don't waste your time on this one. Some have suggested another section to carry on the story but I'm not writing one just yet.

*

Well, Robert finally figured out that it was time to make a decision. The decision really was not a hard one to make. The hard part would be telling his wife what his decision was. He needed to grow a bigger backbone and find the courage to do what was necessary. The time had come to make a change. Enough nonsense had now taken place and he couldn't take it anymore.

But first you need some background to explain what led to this sad affair.

You see, his wife had been cuckolding him for the last two years. OK, that's pretty blunt but it is what has been going on. Some will say that this is likely his own fault and you would be correct, it was. Now his wife was heavily pregnant with a baby fathered by her Nigerian immigrant lover. His wife, Andrea, and her lover Adam had been having sex for about two years and had by times even lived together. Andrea had told Robert several times that she loved Adam very much and was really looking forward to having his baby. Since Robert had been largely cut off sex with his wife it was an easy conclusion to draw that Adam was the father of her child. The truth would come out in few more months.

Even though Andrea had been fucking her lover all this time and even living with him by times, she still professed her love for her husband. They still maintained their family home and tried to pretend to lead as normal a life as they could, but that had become increasingly more difficult as Andrea spent more and more of her time with Adam. He could only make so many excuses for her absence at home to his family and friends.

Most of Robert's nights were spent alone at home. More than half the time Andrea would go to Adam's place after she left work. When your wife is spending most of her nights with her lover, is she really your wife? That was a burning question that Robert needed to find an answer to. In the recesses of his mind he already knew the answer, he just had to do something about it.

Robert had succumbed to pressure from Andrea to agree that she could see other men outside their marriage and have sexual intercourse with them. She tried to convince him that she could still love him as her husband all the while carrying on a long-term relationship with another man. He loved his wife, maybe too unconditionally and was afraid of losing her, so he agreed to her cheating and affairs. That was fucking stupid on his part, he was a chump and as time went on, he realized it more and more.

Part of Robert, the part that stopped him from acting until now, was the part that still loved her a lot. He thought that Andrea was the woman that he could spend his life with, have a family with, and grow old together. Some will say that if the husband gives the wife permission to see other men it's not really cheating; it's an open marriage. The other side of that argument was that Robert was not seeing other women and in fact Andrea had said many times that she expected him to be faithful to her. She had told him that her need to see other men was just a 'phase' and soon they would go back to being exclusive with each other. Go figure.

Adam spent days at a time at their home so when he was there Robert was sleeping in the spare room so that he could have the main bedroom with Andrea. They fucked several times a day. The noise from the room was at the point that Robert had to leave the house because his jealousy would boil up to the point that he knew that he had to get away from them or he was going to do something that he might regret later.

Andrea would emerge from the bedroom with a look on her face that said that she has been fucked really well, her hair was messy and she would have a stupid grin on her face. She would try and run her hands around Robert's neck and kiss him, but it was clear that she was loving every minute of the attention that Adam had given her. The smell of her lover lingered on body and traces of his cum could be seen running down the inside of her thighs.

Robert's ability to be a loving husband was evaporating, although he did and said nothing. He held his tongue in the hope that Andrea would start treating him even a bit more the way that she treated Adam, that she would give Robert, her husband, some of the same type of love. But no, she would talk about how much she had grown to love Adam and how wonderful it felt to have his cock in her pussy. She would go on about how big he was and how it made her feel complete and like a real woman. It got to be too much.

Well, the months went by and sure enough she got pregnant.

She was very excited by the prospect of carrying a black baby and was proud of the fact that she was knocked-up outside her marriage. The fact that another man, besides her husband, was responsible for the baby-bump was the thing that seemed to excite her the most.

Somehow, Robert tried to get behind the idea that he might become a father even if he wasn't the biological father of the child. Would Andrea decide to end her time with her lover when she had the baby? Would Robert get to be a father? Who was he trying to fool besides himself?

That didn't happen. In fact, she spent even more time with Adam and less time with her husband.

When they did discuss their future together, although it was not often and only in very general terms, Andrea was adamant that she and her husband were remaining married and that she loved him. The way that she expressed her love for him was different than the way she expressed her love for Adam. She said that he was her stability, but Adam was her passion. Robert finally decided that he wanted to be more than 'stability,' he wanted her passion too. As her husband he deserved it.

The baby was born, and she was a beautiful child, even though she was not Robert's child. Let's be clear here, children are innocent in all this business. Children do not get to decide who their mothers and fathers are. They must accept the parents they get, and sometimes they win and sometimes they lose. Children deserve to be loved and cared for, that's the only right thing to do. If you are not prepared to love your children, then maybe it's not a great idea to have children.

After the baby was born Adam was spending more and more time at Robert and Andrea's home and it seemed like he had moved in. Robert was doing a big chunk of the work taking care of the baby, changing diapers, keeping the house clean, cooking and doing many of the things that fathers would normally do. Adam was spending his time having sex with Andrea. She was breast-feeding the baby and that was about all she was doing.

Robert also had to work every day. Adam was a professional soccer player, in the minor leagues, and spent his time working out at the gym. Other than looking after his fitness and fucking Robert's wife that was about all he did.

Andrea was smitten with him, mostly his cock and the idea that she could cheat on her husband and get away without consequences. She wanted him to move in with them. How is that for humiliation?

After three months of this routine Robert had to do something. Adam must have felt Robert's unspoken hostility to him because he went back to his own apartment. He said that it was more convenient for him to get to the gym and his practice field. So, Andrea and her baby pretty much packed up and were spending most of their time with her lover. She had expressed her love of Adam, to Robert almost daily and had said that she was eager to have another baby with him.

So, was Robert really married to Andrea? No. They were not a family any more. They stopped being a family a long time ago, right after she started fucking another man. She was emotionally married to Adam, not her husband.

Andrea came home with her baby to get some things from the house and then go back to Adam's apartment. Robert figured that this was chance for them to talk without Adam being there. Robert was going to have a nervous breakdown if he didn't tell how he felt and what he needed. This would be her last chance to return to be a family with him. He would even accept the child as his if she wanted but she had to give up Adam, or him.

"Andrea, we need to talk." Robert said in a low voice and with a very serious expression on his face.

She didn't even look at him as she replied, "What is it sweetie?"

He thought, here we go, "We need to talk about some very important things, about us, about our future."

She turned and looked at her husband, "What are you talking about? I'm your wife, you're my husband. What the fuck is going on with you now?"

Robert knew that he had to be really blunt about it so, "Andrea, you're not really my wife anymore. You're Adam's wife now." He said it with a finality that surprised them both.

"Hold on a minute, what the hell are you talking about?"

He took a deep breath and continued. "Andrea, what makes us a family, you and me?"

Andrea looked puzzled and wasn't sure what he was saying.

"The thing is Andrea; we're not a family. You, Adam and your baby are a family. You're planning on having another baby with him. I'm not part of the future for you. You made that choice when you got pregnant. What did you think the outcome would be? Did you think you would have two husbands? One you would have babies with and one that would do...other things?"

Andrea looked surprised by what was said but she knew in the back of her mind, even though she tried to ignore it, that her current arrangement of having two men looking after her wouldn't last forever. One of them would get tired of being second fiddle.

Robert went on, "you need to live with me, your husband, or go live with the father of your baby. It's that simple. You need to make a choice. I thought that I could share you with another man, but I can't. Before you decided to have Adam's child, I always thought that one day we would have a family. When you were so excited to be pregnant by him, well...I knew that I had lost you."

Robert's sad expression must have told her that she had hurt him badly. She hadn't even thought about her husband when she was planning her future with Adam. She took for granted that he wanted to remain married and support her.

Andrea sat in a chair with a somewhat stunned expression on her face.

Robert went on, "Andrea, you need to come back home or move in with Adam and then the two of you can look after your baby and be a family. Hell, most of your things are at his place now. I can take the rest of your things there later today and then it will be done."

Andrea spoke slowly, "What will be done Robert?"

"You and I, we will be done."

She said, "Just like that?"

Robert exhaled, "I suppose it seems sudden, but I have thought about this a lot since you told me last week that you were planning on another baby with Adam. Did you think that I would be a second part-time father to your babies, the cuckold husband, forever? No, I can't do that. I need to have a life too Andrea. I need to have a wife that shares herself with me."

"But we married for better or worse."

"I married you Andrea. I didn't marry Adam. If you love him and want him, which you have said you do, then we don't have a marriage anymore. I want a divorce, as soon as possible, that way you and Adam can get married and keep having lots more babies."

Robert went on, "Andrea, I do love you or I did love you, but I can't be with you and him at the same time. You can have him or me but not both. It's the way it's got to be."

With that Robert got up and went to the bedroom to get a suitcase to pack her things. He told her that she could take anything from the house that she wanted.

"So, you're kicking me out?"

"No dear, you already left, you did when you loved another man more than me, when you had his child and when you said you wanted more of his children."

Robert took off his wedding ring and handed it to her. "I'm giving this back to you; I don't need it anymore."

Robert was heartbroken when she quietly left the house and went back to Adam's apartment. He was hoping that she might come to her senses and come home to him. That didn't happen.

Robert packed his car full of her things and drove over and dropped them at the door to their apartment. He didn't want to see either of them again.

Now it was time for him to get on with his life. He had decided to make some major changes in his life and to make a clean break if he was to come out of this with any hope of having a life for himself.

Three Months Later

Under the law it is presumed that the husband is the father of any child that is born while a couple are married. Because Andrea had listed Adam as the father on the baby's birth certificate it was easily established that Robert was not responsible for any child support. The house went up on the market for sale and went quickly. He did all the business things through his lawyer and the divorce was finalized without delay. Andrea did not hold things up and as far as Robert was concerned his life with her was finished.

Robert left the city that he was born and raised in and got a new job with the same company but in another city, in San Jose California. Silicon Valley; the home of Americas technology boom.

He asked his family and close friends to not tell Andrea where he was living if she ever asked, he figured that it would be the best thing for all concerned if they had no contact.

Robert got a promotion as part of the new job so was making good money and started to save. He rented a small apartment that met his needs and he got back to the gym to work on his fitness level; women don't like fat, flabby, out of shape men. He dropped thirty pounds in the process, got a new wardrobe to give himself a modern image and even got laser eye surgery so now he doesn't have to wear glasses. That and a set of those plastic nearly invisible braces for his teeth along wth a much better haircut gave him a new image that he wanted. A suntan helped complete the picture; it's hard not to get a suntan in California. It really boosted his self confidence and self-esteem. He felt good about himself for the first time in years.

Robert's social life was not a priority but there were lots of women where he worked so getting an invitation for drinks and dinner on a Friday after work wasn't an issue. He got invitations now to join a group of people for TGIF and it might develop into something more if he gave the right messages to people.

Robert has been seeing a psychologist to figure out why he believed that sharing his [ex]wife with another man was a good idea. The psychologist has been able to help him understand the way that his brain works. He had the need to please people in order to feel accepted. Like a lot of men he would do just about what ever a women would want if she paid attention to him. Unfortunately, that included letting his wife be unfaithful to him.

Yes, he knew that he was a doormat. Yes, he knew that he was a fool. He vowed that it would not happen again. I learned some coping strategies to recognize if he started to do the same thing again. So, he was getting his life back on track in a much healthier way this time around.

Nine Months Later

Robert was at work when he got a call from the front desk of the building telling him that there was someone there to see him. Normally visitors must sign in at the front desk and if the person they are there to see is not right there they must be escorted around the building. The company does a lot of valuable proprietary work, so they are big on security of their data and information and don't like strangers wandering around the building. Industrial espionage is alive and flourishing in America.

When he asked who it was, they said a woman, her name is Andrea. Well he just about dropped the phone on the floor. To say that he was surprised would be a giant understatement. But maybe it could be another Andrea, so he asked what her last name was. Yup, it was his ex-wife. Fuck.

When Robert left home, he wanted to make a clean break and not have any contact with Andrea. She was, after all, his ex-wife, emphasis on the 'ex' part. She had a new family and new life. Robert had a new life and didn't have any interest in any contact with her and her new husband. They had one child, a little girl, and were planning on having more, at least that was her intent when they divorced.

He had gotten a new cellphone number when he left Atlanta and didn't let her know what it was. He did all his dealings with her through his lawyer, even the sale of the house. She got half of the money from the house and he gave her just about all the furniture they had. He wanted nothing from the house to remind him of her or his previous life. He wanted a clean start.

So now she had somehow found out where he was, probably one of my family he thought, likely his gossiping sister-in-law, that he didn't like, who conveniently forgot that he told them not to tell Andrea where he was living in case she ever asked, not that he had expected her to ask, but you never know.

If she wanted anything from him, she had a lawyer who could talk to his lawyer and do the asking for her. So, what the fuck was she doing here in Silicon Valley and more importantly what the fuck did she want from Robert, after a year?

He said to the reception staffer who called, "could you describe the woman please?" He needed to double-check that it was indeed her. The reception staffer did, and it was clear that it was his ex-wife. Jesus. "Ok, I'll be down in a few minutes, give her a seat to wait please."

When he got to the building foyer he saw immediately that indeed it was Andrea. She stood up and he quickly saw that she was very pregnant, probably seven or eight months along. He sucked in a deep breath and said hello.

"Andrea, to say that I am surprised to see you here is...well. What brings you to San Jose?"

Andrea almost did not recognize the man that she saw. It wasn't until he spoke that she realized that it was Robert. He looked very different from the last time she saw him about a year ago. He was now a very handsome man. He was fit, had obviously lost weight, his upper body was much bigger, he had clearly added a lot of muscle. He was well dressed and well groomed. She thought that he looked like that actor Ryan Reynolds. Where had the old Robert gone, she didn't know, but this one was amazingly different. "Robert, I need to talk to you."

"Before you say anything else, follow me so we can talk privately."

He led her to a conference room on the next floor up. It had glass walls so that people could easily see if there was a meeting going on but the glass was thick and the heavy door gave a good degree of privacy. They sat down and he made sure not to sit too close to her.

"Andrea, whatever it is you have to ask or say why didn't you just do it through your lawyer and save yourself all the trouble of coming all this way? I assume you are still living in Atlanta."

"What I need to talk to you about isn't something that I want to do through a lawyer."

He put his hand up to cut her off, "Wait, if this is about money, you got your fair share of the money from the house and I don't owe you anything else. Your husband is responsible to support you and your...babies!" as he pointed at her large pregnant belly.

"That's what I want to talk about Robert. He's not my husband."

"Well, whatever he is, is not my concern. As I recall you left me for him. You decided that you loved him enough to have his child and you loved him enough to tell me that you planned to have more of his babies. So, looks like you got what you wanted. Whatever he and you are now is none of my business. We're divorced Andrea, plain and simple."

lover1953
lover1953
1,323 Followers
12