Hybrid Chronicles: Toby and Mason

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ow, watch it!" Mason snapped. They threw him down on a table and strapped his arms and legs in.

"What the fuck are you doing? Let me go!" Mason snapped at a guard when he reached for the strap to hold his head down. The guard pulled his hand away from Mason's sharp teeth and glared at him.

"Just leave him, he cant get free anyways." The one guard said to the one glaring at Mason.

"What am I doing here? I didn't start the stupid fire!" Mason growled.

"You're being punished for your crimes, you'll have all your important bits harvested and sold." The guard sneered at Mason. Mason felt his blood run cold.

"What crimes? I haven't done anything! And since when are you the legal system? And fyi, those important bits are kind of necessary." Mason spewed sarcasm.

"You wont need them for much longer." The one guard put a hand on the gun at his side. Mason froze and stared at the cold eyes. The door opened and he turned his head to see Toby's father walk in.

"The harvester is on the way." A guard accompanying Toby's father said. If Mason hadn't already been scared stiff, he would have been then. The Harvester was a name given to a specific 'surgeon' who's only job was to harvest the organs and other parts of Infected who were being executed, or were no longer of use.

"I'm telling you, I didn't start that fire! Why would I start it and nearly choke to death inside?" Mason scowled.

"Your kind aren't the smartest out there." Toby's father said.

"Oh yeah, that's not racist or anything. Are we even considered a race? I think we should be, cause God forbid I be the same race, let alone species, as you." Mason rolled his eyes and set his head back on the metal table he was strapped to.

"Shut up." One guard glared at him.

"Maybe I won't. Maybe I'll just sit here and sing. What are you gonna do? Murder me and harvest my kidneys? Oh wait..." Mason rolled his eyes. He was met with a shock to his stomach from a cattle prod. Mason shut his mouth and waited for, what he could only picture as, a needless death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ******************

Toby heard the driver's foot steps ahead of him, echoing off the empty walls of the hall. His own feet made a smaller echo. Toby didn't know what he was doing; What would happen when he got there and his father was waiting? What would he say? He was so fucked. As they walked down the hallway Toby continued to see bright flashes of light.

'What's going on with me?' He held a hand to his head. He had never seen light since his sight was damaged. He closed his eyes tightly, the light becoming overwhelming to the point that he couldn't bear it. He heard determined footsteps approaching, knowing they must belong to his father.

"What now?"

"I wanted to..." Toby searched his mind. "To be there. At the execution."

There was silence for a moment and then Toby felt a hand clasp his shoulder. "It would be good for you to know what will wait for you if you ever disobey me again."

Toby followed his father in a daze, shocked that he'd come up with an excuse and completely clueless as to how he was going to rescue Mason. If he even could. He felt sick to his stomach, realizing that there was a very high chance he was about to hear the one he loved draw his last breath.

The temperature was suddenly cold and it smelled like the operating rooms Toby had become much too used to. He barely whispered his love's name, hoping to know if they would at least be together if things went wrong. "Mason..."

Toby heard Mason squirm on what, he assumed was, the table he was strapped down to. He heard the frightening sounds of cattle prods at the ready. Toby wanted desperately to tell Mason that it would all be fine, but he didn't know what to do. He hoped for some sort of distraction, something to give him a moment to speak with Mason for what could be the last time.

In what was possibly the biggest stroke of luck of Toby's life, a loud banging sound filled the air. Toby could hear running in the distance. Toby was shoved against a wall and the crackling electric sounds faded with the sound of guards running. "Mason? Are we alone?"

"Yes, love. What are you doing here? You should leave you shouldn't see this." Mason's voice shook as he spoke. Toby heard him struggling with what he assumed were bonds holding him to the table.

"I didn't want you to be alone," Toby said, stepping away from the wall and toward the sound of Mason's struggling. His hand brushed over warm skin to the cold steel of the table, slowly feeling for the restraints.

"Toby, what are you doing?" Mason spoke, "If they notice me gone, they'll know it was you." Mason watched Toby's hand climb to the restraints on his wrist.

"I don't care, I have to try," Toby said, his voice straining with concentration. "Tell me what to do to get these off of you."

"Toby, I wont let you ruin your life for me. Now leave, before they get back." Mason begged. Toby heard the regret in his voice, he knew he hated what their lives had become.

Toby sighed, still struggling with what felt like the most complicated restraints in the world. "I'm not leaving."

Mason gave a similar sigh. "It's just the cloth ones, pull on that strip of cloth and pull them metal bar out of the hole, like a belt." Mason instructed him. In no time Toby had one of his wrists free. He began working on the other wrist as quickly as he could. "Why are you doing this for me? We'll have to run away from here, we can't ever settle down until people accept us. And it's very possible that that won't be in our lifetime." Mason asked.

"I'd rather take a chance now," Toby replied. "If I don't, I'll spend my whole life wondering! Mason, I want to at least do something that matters, even if I'll always be an outcast!"

"You won't be an outcast to me, thank you for this Toby." Toby heard Mason sit up and help him with the restraints around his ankles. Soon he was free and was pulling on a pair of shoes, ready to run.

Toby grabbed Mason's sleeve, his heart pounding. He wondered if his nervousness showed. "Where should we go?" he asked, trying to sound confident.

"We need to make our way outside, the fence isn't the best quality and I'm sure we can find a weak spot to climb over or go through." Mason said. Toby felt him grab his shoulder in reassurance. "I won't let anything happen to you, lets go." Mason began leading him towards the doorway.

Toby pulled Mason toward him, giving the taller male a quick, passionate kiss. "I trust you," he whispered.

*********************** ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mason looked up and down the hallway before running into the well lit corridor. He held Toby's hand, leading him through the long twisting hallways. He ducked down near the floor pulling Toby with him when he heard a handful of guards run by. They disappeared around a corner without noticing Toby's soft ribbit of surprise and Mason stood.

"Have to stay quite, love." He patted Toby's shoulder with his free hand and took in the young man's scent like it was his last breath.

Toby squeezed Mason's hand and nodded seriously. "Are we safe now?"

"Only for a second." Mason tried to catch his breath. "We should move again." Mason stood and pulled Toby down the hallway. He opened a door leading to the roof of one of the main buildings.

"There's a hole in the fence a few feet from here." Mason let go of Toby's hand for a second, walking to the edge of the roof. "It looks like all the guards are inside, there's a ladder going down that should work for us." Mason said. He turned to look at Toby and saw him clutching his temples with a dizzy look on his face.

"Toby?" Mason held onto his shoulders ,worried.

"I'm okay, for a few days now I've been seeing weird flashes of light." Toby opened his blue gray unseeing eyes and blinked.

"Are you getting your sight back?"

"That's impossible, Mason."

"Toby, have you ever done any actual research on your species?"

"Well.... No..." Toby muttered. "I was in and out of surgery and recovery most of the time. Not really time to wander around the internet." Toby frowned.

"Some species of frogs are able to grow back damaged tissue, like corneas." Mason said.

"How do you know that?" Toby asked.

"I had to do a science project in the eighth grade on frogs." Mason shrugged, smiling

"You remembered that from eighth grade?"

"What? I'm a bit of a geek."

"Do.... Do you think it's possible?" Toby asked, rubbing his hands nervously.

"I do." Mason hugged him. "Look." Mason held up Toby's hand. "Your webbing is growing back too." Mason brought Toby's other hand up to feel the thin skin stretching between his fingers.

"So... Does this mean I'll be able to see again?" Toby asked, heart pounding.

"I don't know. It could just be part of the way. Or I could be completely wrong. We can talk about it later." Mason pulled him to the side of the roof.

"I'll go down first and help you down, okay?"

"Mason, I can't see where I'm going." Toby said nervously.

"I know, babe, trust me." He whispered, kissing Toby's temple. Mason climbed down the ladder slowly, until he reached the bottom.

"Okay, Toby. Just lower yourself over the edge slowly." Mason said. "I'm right here." Mason talked him down. Toby paused nervously, before turning around and feeling for the first rung on the ladder. It took him a minute but once he got started he climbed down to the ground easily.

"This way, Tadpole." Mason grabbed his hand and pulled him against a wall.

Toby stumbled a bit, but followed along to the best of his abilities as the two fled. The compound was now barely a spec in the distance. Mason could see vague outlines of people. He grew a bit nervous, praying they weren't guards. Getting caught was not an option. Mason knew all too well what would happen to Toby. He remembered the others he'd seen that had been used for the movies or prostitution, with their empty eyes rocking back and forth, flinching at nothing. The thought of anything like that ever happening to Toby made him sick.

"Is something wrong?" Toby whispered.

"Just worried, tadpole." Mason said, looking back at the compound again. Mason squeezed Toby's hand trying to reassure him.

Toby bit his bottom lip as they slowed to a walk. He drew the slightest bit closer to Mason, grabbing Mason's bicep and nearly resting his cheek on Mason's shoulder. He looked terrified, yet determined to be strong. It took every last bit of will power to suppress the urge to croak.

"We'll be okay. We just have to get as far away from that place as fast as we can, it won't be long until they notice we're gone." Mason said. He held Toby's hand and let him use his shoulder for comfort. They walked on for a few hours before Mason stopped to rest.

"You wouldn't happen to have any water on you?" Mason laughed.

"I wish," Toby sighed, "All I have is my clothes and a peppermint, I think." He felt in his back pocket and pulled out a crinkled candy. "I don't think this is going to work." He was smiling, managing to find at least a little humor in the sad situation.

Mason took the peppermint from his hands, smiling. Toby frowned at him. "I'll share." He stood up and kissed Toby firmly, letting him taste the cool peppermint flavor. "We should get moving again, I'm sure we can find water around here somewhere." Mason looked around.

"That way," Toby said abruptly, pointing to the west as soon as a breeze came from that direction. "It smells like mud."

"Creepy." Mason laughed and hugged Toby to his side. "Good job tadpole, I'm glad I chose you to kidnap." Mason kissed him again, beginning to walk in the direction that Toby had directed him to.

"I smelled it before too, when I first got here. I get these feelings like I should be swimming sometimes, but they never let me do it."

"If it makes you feel better, I can't help but smell moths flying around. And hear them too" Mason shivered. "And, when we get safe, we'll find a farm somewhere. Start a new life for us. And we can swim together whenever we want. Not sure how the wings will hold up in water though..." Mason added, flexing his wings hesitantly.

Toby shrugged. "I guess we can find out. It smells really close, Mason."

"I can hear it." Mason felt the air cool as they grew closer to what sounded like a flowing river.

Toby grew jittery. "I can really smell it," he said, laughing. "Can I...uhm? I need to get in the water right now."

"Jump in tadpole." Mason knelt down and drank a few handfuls of the fresh water.

Toby kicked of his shoes, putting a toe in the water a bit tentatively. He sighed happily wading out into the water. His clothes clung to his body as he sank down, his nose barely above the water line.

"Happy?" Mason leaned against a tree as Toby swam around in the clear water. The water looked inviting but he was nervous. They would expect them to head to water first.

"Mason, this is amazing," Toby said. He was acting more animated than he ever had except for their night of exploring each others bodies. He moved his hands slowly back and forth, grinning at the feel of the water over the bit of webbing that had grown back. He let out a ribbit and laughed with delight when the sound was returned from further down the river.

Mason chuckled. "You're so cute when you laugh... It's a sound I'll never hear enough." Mason smiled as Toby swam in happy circles.

"I never got to do this," Toby said. "I think I have my fill for now. Talk to me so I can come be by you." Toby waded to the edge of the water.

Mason was about to say something when he saw something squirm in the water. He knelt down by the waters edge and saw them. "Tadpoles..." He mumbled.

"What?" Toby said, easing up onto the bank next to Mason. The wiggling creatures seemed surprisingly undisturbed by Toby's movements.

"What? Oh, no not you. There's tadpoles, in the water." Mason bent down and managed to capture one in his hands. "Feel it." Mason picked up Toby's placing it on the small creature.

Toby laughed at the fluttering feeling against his palms. "I don't want to hurt them though. Are you sure it's okay to touch them?" Despite his words, the tadpoles seemed anything but hurt by him. They were flocking to him.

"You're fine. They're swarming you like crazy, they must see you as one of their own. I'd hate to see what would happen if I ended up in one of those caves with all the bats." Mason cringed. Then reality struck him. "I knew I recognized this place, this is where I used to catch tadpoles with my parents." Mason set the wiggling creature gently down in to the water, watching him swim off with his tail flopping.

Toby cuddled against Mason's side. "You sound...sad, I think."

"Just stirring old memories..." Mason remembered the way his parents smelled. How the sound of his mothers laugh echoed through the valley. He stood silently and walked over to the tree he had been leaning on.

"Mason, don't do that," Toby said, stumbling to follow. "Don't walk away, okay? I just...I like feeling you near me." Toby finally located Mason, crashing against his chest. "Sorry. I don't mean to be selfish. You can talk about them if you want. I remember you said how you had to deal with it so fast, it must hurt still. I want to help."

"I'm okay, and sorry. I know how scary it must be to feel alone when you can't see." Mason mumbled. "We should get moving again." Mason said, still bitter, he started to walk off when Toby grabbed his hand.

"We can stay for a minute, can't we?" Toby asked. He grabbed on to Mason as much as he could, physically trying to create the closeness that Mason didn't seem ready to share on an emotional level, at least not when it came to that part of his life.

Mason chuckled, the bitterness leaving his voice. "You know I can't say no to you." Mason hugged Toby to his chest. His chest was soaked with the water that clung to Toby still. "We're all wet." He laughed, after they held each other silently for a minute.

Toby smiled, pressing his cheek against the pounding of Mason's heart. "I don't mind."

"Me neither." Mason leaned in to kiss Toby's lips. He nibbled on the soft skin of his neck before looking up. "I like the sound of the river. It's comforting." Mason whispered.

"It would be so nice to stay here," Toby said softly. He sighed at the feeling of Mason's soft lips on his neck, knowing that his face was probably turning pink from the arousal that was brought on so easily when Mason kissed him. He shifted a bit, finding that his pants were a bit tighter when wet and that wasn't helping his situation at all.

Mason pressed his hand flatly against the crotch of Toby's jeans, teasing at the zipper. "You're so cute," he whispered, smiling as Toby blushed a bit more. Mason led Toby, leaning him against the sturdy tree and sliding the zipper down.

Toby gasped and wrapped his arms around Mason's neck. He moaned a bit, pressing his lips to Mason's neck, wondering if the other man could feel how he trembled. For a moment, they both forgot what they were and what they had just escaped from. The river's sound seemed to carry it all away as they kissed. It was a natural rhythm, first fast, hard, passionate kisses and then gentle, exploring probes of the tongue. Mason's hand rested over Toby's open zipper, feeling how the arousal grew and stimulating it just to feel the hungry response.

"How do you feel, tadpole?" Mason whispered.

Toby moaned softly. "I want..."

"Want what?" Mason smiled, moving his hand ever so slightly.

"I want you to..." Toby moaned again, pushing his hips toward Mason, his fingers digging in to his lover's shoulder as he struggled to stay upright. "Touch me please."

"I am touching you," Mason teased, enjoying Toby's flustered response.

"More, damn it." He bit his lip and started to pull at the wet denim around his hips. His need to be touched grew so intense that he let out a ribbit of frustration when the clothing was being difficult.

Mason knelt and helped his tadpole out, easily getting the jeans and boxers to slide down his lover's pale thighs. Mason kissed the head of the dripping erection. Toby groaned and thrust his hips up. Mason held him down while he tortured his tadpole with the warm touch of his tongue.

"God, Mason please!" Toby let out a slight croak-groan.

"Beg me again, tadpole." Mason loved the sound of Toby's voice.

"Please fuck me, Mason!" Toby squirmed under his grip. Mason slid the boxers and jeans completely off and sucked Toby's hard cock into his mouth.

"Oh god!" Toby grunted and filled Mason's mouth with his hot seed. Mason swallowed and smiled up at his lover.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want it to be over... I just-" Toby started.

"Oh, it's not over. I'm gonna make you cum again and again until you beg for a break." Mason whispered in Toby's ear. Toby shivered.

"Promise?" He smiled. Mason nodded and pushed Toby's legs up in the air, exposing his bare ass.

"God, you're beautiful." Mason whispered. He got down and began licking at Toby's twitching hole.

"Mason.... Please." Toby gasped and moaned, shocked at the pleasure of the act. It was unlike anything he'd ever experienced. He felt more open to Mason than ever before, longing to feel the man inside him in every way. He bit his lip hard and arched his back, his thighs quivering. "Oh," he whispered, "Mason...that feels so good..." He moaned again and felt his cock stirring to life once again.

"Told you." Mason licked at Toby's cock.

"Never said I didn't believe you. Now please, more." Toby pouted. Mason spit into his hand and rubbed it over his, now free, cock. He licked at Toby's hole a few more times, making sure it was wet, and lined himself up.

"Ready?" He asked. Toby nodded franticly. Mason pushed in, Toby hissed and Mason stopped.

"You okay?" Mason asked.

"Yeah, just give me a sec." Toby breathed deeply until the pain subsided, he motioned for Mason to move again and he did. Soon Mason was buried into Toby's tight ass.