Hypnotic Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cia81
Cia81
1,159 Followers

I took a deep breath to insist he leave, no matter how hurt he looked when my cell phone rang. It was sitting next to my keys on the breakfast counter. I rushed over to grab it before Dav could see the caller id. If it was Isiah. . . .

"Hello."

"Hey, br--"

"Hey. This isn't a good time. I have company."

"Shit!" Isiah said with feeling. "Are you okay?"

"Fine but I'll have to call you later."

"Are you sure? We can--"

I interrupted him again. "You can just wait for me to call, please. I'll be fine."

He growled. "Ellis. . . ."

"Promise. I'll call you soon." I hung up the phone before he could say anything else.

"Who the fuck was that?" Dav snapped. "I didn't recognize their voice."

"None of your business," I said in a sharp voice. "You're not my mate anymore; I don't owe you any answers."

"The hell I'm not! Our bond is still there, you're just blocking it! I knew I tasted a male on you. A Carthera cat clan male! Are you sleeping with some flea bitten cat?" His eyes glittered as he hissed in anger.

I glared at him, half angry and half afraid he'd figure it out and then try to kill me again. I backed away but didn't stop glaring even though my heart was racing. "I am not blocking anything! You did it somehow, when you came to get me that morning to take me to Velaku's. Don't try to put this fucked up situation on me!"

"I admit I did at first, but I stopped as soon as I realized that you weren't the one killing those Carthera like Benny said."

"Oh yeah, right after you tried to kill me, you asshole!" I threw that back at him again.

"It was an honest mistake. I said I was sorry." He took a step closer to me and I stepped back. "Stop doing that! You said you weren't afraid of me. I thought you didn't believe all the crap about Snakes."

My rage took over and drowned out my fear. "Sorry? You're sorry!" I shouted. "Sorry isn't enough. Sorry can't take away the fact that you broke my trust, tried to kill me, and made me fear you. You did it; no one else could with rumors about how deadly you are. I saw it first-hand remember? If Dr. Pannar hadn't been there, I'd be dead and you'd have killed your own mate over a 'mistake'," I spat the word out at him. "A mistake you think sorry can make better. As if that will take it all away."

"You weren't afraid of me last night when I was stroking your cock," he said. I could not believe he had the gall to point that out.

"You son of a bitch! I was in the worst pain of my life. You offered relief from that, and I took it because I felt like I was going to die. I couldn't control my reaction, and you know it. You took advantage of that in hopes that I'd forgive you."

Dav took a step back and the anger melted from his face. "I didn't think that."

I made a noise in my throat, and he shook his head and sighed. "I've really messed this up, haven't I? I slept on the couch so I wouldn't be tempted, Ellis. I know you're not ready to forgive me, and things aren't right between us. I'd not ruin whatever hope I have of getting you back by taking advantage of you."

His calm tone and lack of anger made mine drain away. I closed my eyes.

"It's all just been too much," I said finally. "I hurt inside, where you used to be."

"You need to unblock the bond between us, Ellis."

I shook my head, sinking down onto a chair at the counter. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You closed yourself off, away from me."

"If I did can you blame me Dav? You got my memories when we bonded too. Do you really think I could have hidden stuff like that from you?"

Dav leaned against the counter and sighed. "No. I acted in a way I never thought I would. If I could make you understand the way I felt, the betrayal, the rage. It was so strong; I never even though about the memories I'd gotten from you. We'd just mated; I let you in, and I'd never done that before, not really. I thought you were using me. You're a human. It's what they do."

"I get the feeling of betrayal," I said in a bitter undertone.

"I'll never stop saying sorry for that, either," Dav said, "even if it doesn't help, because I am. Losing you, it hurts me too. Like a hole in my chest that aches constantly where you used to be. Please stop blocking our bond. Let me back in."

"I told you, I don't know how I did it so how can I undo it, even if I want that with you again?"

"It's like a wall that you erected around that place where our bond is rooted inside us. You smothered it, closed it off. You have to let go and reach back out for me. I'll be here waiting for you, I won't ever shut our bond down again, I swear. I never want to live without your heart inside of me."

I saw the sincerity in his eyes and heard it in his voice. I think somewhere inside I'd known we were still mates, but I'd been so angry I didn't want to face it. Opening our bond back up meant opening back up to him though and his feelings. There was no guarantee that I could even forgive him. If we couldn't work things out, could I handle the bond between us?

"Please Ellis, I need you."

The simple plea and the single tear that was sliding across his cheekbone broke my resistance. I closed my eyes and focused inside, to the place where the pain was, the place he wasn't. I could feel it, the way I'd drawn tight and hard against that spot. I could almost see the walls I'd built. I pushed and nothing happened.

I stretched out my hand blindly. "Help me."

I felt his fingers close over mine. Their heat flooded me and his musky scent filled my nose. I didn't push this time, instead I pulled. I pulled at that place where Dav should be inside me until our bond flooded up and over the walls, pushing them over and into oblivion.

His pain flooded me first, then his joy at the bond being restored. He jerked as my feelings swamped him and he gasped. Our eyes locked together.

"Ellis--"

I stopped him. "Don't. Not right now, please. Just. . .no talking right now."

He nodded silently, my hand still across his mouth.

I went to stand up, still staring deep into his eyes. That's when the pain in my head hit with no warning. No aura, no nausea, nothing but a sharp stab that was followed with a wave of darkness. I groaned.

I dimly felt Dav catch me as I fell.

Then I was gone.

Cia81
Cia81
1,159 Followers